(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 110.
#2952 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Let's see some pics...

image.jpgimage.jpg.

image-804.jpgimage-804.jpg
image-319.jpgimage-319.jpg
image-77.jpgimage-77.jpg
image-999.jpgimage-999.jpg

#2953 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

image.jpg 162 KB

image-319.jpg 246 KB

image-804.jpg 264 KB

image-999.jpg 219 KB

image-77.jpg 279 KB

Thanks! They look better than expected

#2954 10 years ago

Very not interested in transparent rubber. Standard ole' black will be just fine.

#2955 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Looks sweet on Tron LE.

#2956 10 years ago

I'm loving the transparent rubber, especially on slings. We have it installed at the PinCrossing on our MB and METLE and so far there have been zero signs of wear.

#2957 10 years ago

So i can now get Black Nickel trim, my choice of Mantis or Cliffy protectors, and any color rubber I like? All installed during assembly? Wow! i may have to get back on board with this reproduction.

#2958 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So i can now get Black Nickel trim, my choice of Mantis or Cliffy protectors, and any color rubber I like? All installed during assembly? Wow! i may have to get back on board with this reproduction.

I don't think so. It has been said earlier that they will use the original black rubber on the game. I would prefer white as all of my games use white and I enjoy them more, but I can just change them over to white myself if I want. However my Twilight Zone has the new clear rubbers on the sling shots and they look and work great!

#2959 10 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

It has been said earlier that they will use the original black rubber on the game.

That's good. Because that's what all the games that came with get replaced with when I shop them out. i save the white ones for the older machines that had them originally. Occasionally I will mix it up a bit. A lot of the black stuff that you find on the playfield using any rubber is coil dust. Everybody has their own taste though. I prefer the black on modern games.

#2960 10 years ago

Yeah, it really captures the light well...STLE looks especially cool when the inserts are all changing color...it 'reflects' off the rubber. I'm not gonna go gung ho and change all my games to transparent rubber...but I'm guessing that material will soon be available in various colors. Pinball Life has Super Bands mini post rings in white, black and various colors! Will a full rubber ring selection be far behind? This way you can have the color you want but with more durability!

Superbands_postrings.jpgSuperbands_postrings.jpg
#2961 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm not gonna go gung ho and change all my games to transparent rubber...

I am sure its in the thread somewhere... but can you tell me where you get these from RH?

#2962 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

I am sure its in the thread somewhere... but can you tell me where you get these from RH?

Pinball Life!

#2963 10 years ago

th-9.jpegth-9.jpeg

#2965 10 years ago

I hope these transparent rubbers don't take off. I'm sure it affects play, the last thing I want to do is tear down a game I buy and replace the rubbers because these are on them.

#2966 10 years ago

Hey, wasn't this thread supposed to be about MMR?

#2967 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Hey, wasn't this thread supposed to be about MMR?

Yup, we went from rubbers to sugar coated candy gum drops.

#2968 10 years ago

We've got to talk about something while we wait. It's been a while since we heard something.

#2969 10 years ago

Metallica code?
Nope, we already beat that to death.

Let's talk about original MM instead....

#2970 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I hope these transparent rubbers don't take off. I'm sure it affects play, the last thing I want to do is tear down a game I buy and replace the rubbers because these are on them.

They play great. Bounce and feel like regular rubbers, but they don't dry up or fray, and are easy to clean.

#2971 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This way you can have the color you want but with more durability!

I have these on two of my location machines and they are not any more durable than regular rubbers. In fact, I have replaced more broken urethane rubbers than regular ones. At their price, it isn't worth it for me, at least on location. At home they may be fine. I love the look though.

#2972 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

We've got to talk about something while we wait. It's been a while since we heard something.

Speaking of which.... 10 days until Q2 starts

#2973 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I have these on two of my location machines and they are not any more durable than regular rubbers. In fact, I have replaced more broken urethane rubbers than regular ones. At their price, it isn't worth it for me, at least on location. At home they may be fine. I love the look though.

The little post rings have broken on my Star Trek just like regular rubbers...but the rest of them - Slings and such...are great!

#2974 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

black rubber on huo tron

tron-rt-flip-rubber.jpg 79 KB

Rubber on a pin is a consumable.... Even on Huo games. It just lasts longer on games with less plays

#2975 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

black rubber on huo tron

Yeah, that's not a spot you are supposed to be aiming for anyway.

#2976 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, that's not a spot you are supposed to be aiming for anyway.

It is if your trying to bounce pass.

#2977 10 years ago

Interesting concept.

#2978 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

It is if your trying to bounce pass.

what my bounce pass looks like at the moment :/

bball-pass-1.jpgbball-pass-1.jpg

#2979 10 years ago

So, who's going to be in Texas on Friday and get us the first (decent) pics/video of this thing?

#2980 10 years ago

I for one am glad threads veer off topic. I don't get to read pinside as much as I would want, so being able to catch up on a lot of different news by reading one thread is awesome.

I didn't even know clear rubbers were available, cool beans.

#2981 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I didn't even know clear rubbers were available

...bad joke here....not goin'...

#2982 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...bad joke here....not goin'...

What's the point of a clear one anyway, lol? If things are going well, nobody is staring at it.

If anything, I want glow in the dark in different colors.

#2983 10 years ago

Forgot the image to go with it...

2433293-3927781767-glow-.gif2433293-3927781767-glow-.gif
#2984 10 years ago

Soooo no new news, but I see candy and a condom fight....I like it

#2985 10 years ago

Just screwing around while we're waiting...

shorts.jpgshorts.jpg
#2986 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, who's going to be in Texas on Friday and get us the first (decent) pics/video of this thing?

So nobody answered this question...

#2987 10 years ago

Two MMR's are on their way down to TPF right now, so they are in transit ... so there will be plenty of info on them as they will be setup for play somewhere on the floor ...

[email protected]

#2988 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Two MMR's are on their way down to TPF right now, so they are in transit ... so there will be plenty of info on them as they will be setup for play somewhere on the floor ...

BAM! Its on!! : )

#2989 10 years ago

th-896.jpegth-896.jpeg

#2990 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Awesome job Rick !

TPF is a great show and now got even better.

LTG : )™

#2991 10 years ago

It's gonna be a very interesting week to say the very least.

#2992 10 years ago

Rick, will you be getting one at BAA that we can come by and see anytime soon?

#2993 10 years ago

I hope that APB i put out at the scales works so I can be the first "owner" of a new MMr.

#2994 10 years ago

Did you guys get that castle destroy sequence nailed down? How about the LEDs and that strobe issue?

Is there anything you guys are still working on / any outstanding issues at this point? Any word on the trim? Are the games going to Texas LE or standard cabs? Is the HQ audio there yet?

Quoted from PPS:

[email protected]

#2995 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Did you guys get that castle destroy sequence nailed down? How about the LEDs and that strobe issue?
Is there anything you guys are still working on / any outstanding issues at this point? Any word on the trim? Are the games going to Texas LE or standard cabs? Is the HQ audio there yet?

Rick is liable to turn this truck right around and go home if you don't pipe down back there, mister

#2996 10 years ago

It would be worse if nobody asked any questions

Quoted from yotaxi125:

Rick is liable to turn this truck right around and go home if you don't pipe down back there, mister

#2997 10 years ago

Congrats on getting it out as you said you would. Looking forward to seeing pics/video of MM and even more so in playing mine soon!

#2998 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Quoted from yotaxi125:

So nobody answered this question...

Can somebody answer the question please!

#2999 10 years ago

Must be present to win!

#3000 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It would be worse if nobody asked any questions

I assumed you were just being funny, but those answers will be obvious to those lucky enough to be at the festival this weekend (YES, I'm jealous...)

meanwhile, 6 days until Q2........

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.