(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 110.
#2851 10 years ago

i wonder, will the MMr LE come w/ a mounted grail holder?

grail.jpggrail.jpg

#2852 10 years ago

"He chose... poorly." You mean this grail?

grail.jpggrail.jpg
#2853 10 years ago

Nah, this one, actually. <3 google search?

1indy-idol-holy-grail.jpg1indy-idol-holy-grail.jpg

#2854 10 years ago

I'm not sure if this has been covered before in the thread (i think so) however will the game have an animated back glass with bulbs\leds and flashers?

#2855 10 years ago

Wow, five days with no activity on this thread. That must be some kind of record...

#2856 10 years ago

cricket cricket

#2857 10 years ago

The calm before the storm. We're (unfortunately not me) going to get our first public look at these things in less than two weeks. I'm thinking there will be a flood of pictures, videos, and reviews.

#2858 10 years ago

I don't think even King Kong notices he's in the picture.

#2859 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The calm before the storm. We're (unfortunately not me) going to get our first public look at these things in less than two weeks. I'm thinking there will be a flood of pictures, videos, and reviews.

the biggest bummer is going to be people nitpicking minute differences in gameplay between the 20 year old machine they once played and this brand new one. i mean not even two examples of a machine built at the same time ever play exactly alike ... i hope people remember that ...

#2860 10 years ago

I kind of agree with you. I think the biggest issue is going to be people comparing the games to their MM, or the MM in their arcade. With the small amount of HUO low play and maybe HEP machines out there, I'm not sure anyone really knows or remembers what the game is supposed to feel like new.

Quoted from pezpunk:

the biggest bummer is going to be people nitpicking minute differences in gameplay between the 20 year old machine they once played and this brand new one. i mean not even two examples of a machine built at the same time ever play exactly alike ... i hope people remember that ...

#2861 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

True. I have two friends with Spiderman, plus my own, and all three play and feel slightly different.

#2862 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Yeah that concerns me as well. It is not a video game. Difference in leveling makes a huge difference as well...

#2863 10 years ago

Given they are built by hand, and get different play on them, I'd say that pinball machines are like snow flakes, no two are exactly alike, at least not after a dozen or so games are played on them.

#2864 10 years ago

Can't wait to see people playing and testing the MMR and read their reviews. Please take a lot of pics and videos . What about the backglass someone already asked. Is it animated (bulbs & flashers) in the same whay as the original is?

#2865 10 years ago

Yes, if it's not it should be fixed to be.

Quoted from OlDirty:

Is it animated (bulbs & flashers) in the same whay as the original is?

#2866 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

The only bummer aspect will be if folks that were to report any perceived flaws (or differences) get attacked just for pointing them out on this forum. Everyone's goal should be the best product possible, for the things in this new machine that are better than the original Rick and his team should be given kudos, but likewise the problems should be pointed out at this early stage while there still might be time to correct them.

#2867 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The gold trim has been figured out, I am getting samples next week, so then I have to figure out how to show them so people can get a good feeling to figure out whether they want gold or silver ... more when I get them.
rick

Gold trim and legs all day for my order

#2868 10 years ago

I believe this has been said before, but let me add my vote for being able to purchase a pin that has Cliffys (and Pinbit plastics protectors, for that matter) pre-installed at the factory. I'd be happy to pay extra for that and thus avoid the hassle of having once again to disassemble a brand new pin.

#2869 10 years ago

Mantis protectors, not cliffys

#2870 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I believe this has been said before, but let me add my vote for being able to purchase a pin that has Cliffys (and Pinbit plastics protectors, for that matter) pre-installed at the factory. I'd be happy to pay extra for that and thus avoid the hassle of having once again to disassemble a brand new pin.

Rick this would be awesome and is there any chance we can chose white rubber installed over black?

#2871 10 years ago

Rick can I get mine installed with an alien/UFO theme instead of knights and castles?

Quoted from turbo20lbs:Rick this would be awesome and is there any chance we can chose white rubber installed over black?

if you want white rubbers just install some white rubbers imo. a bunch of customization options (especially ones that are required in the middle of the build process) probably just add more confusion, time, and cost to the process than it could ever possibly be worth.

#2872 10 years ago

That's what I thought too until Rick stated he was looking at providing Invisiglass for an up charge... The rubber thing is a bit much but I've been wrong before.

Quoted from pezpunk:

if you want white rubbers just install some white rubbers imo. a bunch of customization options (especially ones that are required in the middle of the build process) probably just add more confusion, time, and cost to the process than it could ever possibly be worth.

#2873 10 years ago

glass can be switched out at the end of the build process in like 15 seconds though.

#2874 10 years ago

I'm just tired of working on my NIB pins as soon as I open them. I can't help it I always have to put on white rubber with Cliffy colored sleeves, Cliffy protectors and pinbits plastic protectors. This shit takes a lot of time once the game is in my hands and wouldn't take a lot of factory assembly time AS they are assembling the game anyway.

#2875 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

That's what I thought too until Rick stated he was looking at providing Invisiglass for an up charge... The rubber thing is a bit much but I've been wrong before.

Actually a proven statistic that you have been wrong .0167% of the time ever. Quite amazing.

I'm glad I can just talk to you to get the updates on this cause this thread is too much for me to keep up with.

#2876 10 years ago

I guess the black trim idea that everybody was so hyped up on for a day or two, has now gone out the window.

#2877 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess the black trim idea that everybody was so hyped up on for a day or two, has now gone out the window.

Rick never said that black trim would be an option. Someone just posted a picture and said somthing like "wouldn't this be cool" The options have been gold or standard silver from day one.

#2878 10 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Rick never said that black trim would be an option.

I believe he may have said he would consider it.

#2879 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

probably just add more confusion, time, and cost to the process than it could ever possibly be worth.

I had of course considered this possibility, but that doesn't mean that it is not worth asking. Putting such protectors on a complicated machine after it is built is a pain, and I would be willing to pay something to avoid having to do it. If it is an unreasonable request, Rick himself is free to say, "No." If it isn't too expensive, however, I am wiling to bet that I am not the only one who would choose this option. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

#2880 10 years ago

Black nickel trim would be a safer bet then gold.

#2881 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I had of course considered this possibility, but that doesn't mean that it is not worth asking. Putting such protectors on a complicated machine after it is built is a pain, and I would be willing to pay something to avoid having to do it. If it is an unreasonable request, Rick himself is free to say, "No." If it isn't too expensive, however, I am wiling to bet that I am not the only one who would choose this option. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

fair enough. doesn't hurt to ask.

#2882 10 years ago
#2883 10 years ago

Rick also said he considered black trim, but it's not consistent so it won't be an option. Also, Rick hasn't posted in or started that thread.

#2884 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Also, Rick hasn't posted in or started that thread.

Nope. But it's good reading just the same. The poll results are what got my attention.

#2885 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I asked this question before. Rick said it would slow the production line down if offered as an option, and it wouldn't fall in line with trying to make it as authentic as the original either. I still think they should... like you said, who wants to disassemble a new game?

#2886 10 years ago

That is a good point.

Quoted from pezpunk:

glass can be switched out at the end of the build process in like 15 seconds though.

#2887 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Rick said it would slow the production line down if offered as an option, and it wouldn't fall in line with trying to make it as authentic as the original either.

The first point seems legit (How would I know?), but I'd question the second, that is, unless all games were provided with protectors, making it a standard feature. Obviously, someone who pays extra for them already knows that he/she is adding onto the game, which I know I'd do if someone gave me an original MM tomorrow.

#2888 10 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Rick never said that black trim would be an option. Someone just posted a picture and said somthing like "wouldn't this be cool" The options have been gold or standard silver from day one.

also, it was way more than a couple days ago.

#2889 10 years ago

Or if Mantis protectors were an LE feature....

Quoted from Craig:

unless all games were provided with protectors, making it a standard feature.

#2890 10 years ago

6 months ago, people were dreaming to have a nice MM for $8k, nevermind a NIB. A miracle happened, and it is happening. Now, people want white rubbers, plastic protectors, Cliffy protectors, different trim colors...etc included before delivery. Things sure changed.

#2891 10 years ago

Gprotien:

MANTIS protectors!!

#2892 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

6 months ago, people were dreaming to have a nice MM for $8k, nevermind a NIB. A miracle happened, and it is happening. Now, people want white rubbers, plastic protectors, Cliffy protectors, different trim colors...etc included before delivery. Things sure changed.

Haha...I know, we're such brats....but - you have to admit, those things would be nice...can't hurt to discuss them, especially considering Rick has added cool little bonuses that we didn't even know we were getting as the project has been developed.

#2893 10 years ago

Having just swapped a mm playfield and installed a full mantis protector set, some pieces are not easily accessible in the cab in the service position. I think mantis protectors would be a great extra that a buyer could choose to pay for. That would be awesome for MMr buyers to be able to get these installed at the factory.

#2894 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I'm just tired of working on my NIB pins as soon as I open them. I can't help it I always have to put on white rubber with Cliffy colored sleeves, Cliffy protectors and pinbits plastic protectors. This shit takes a lot of time once the game is in my hands and wouldn't take a lot of factory assembly time AS they are assembling the game anyway.

I HATE white rubbers and would never put them on any of my pins. I know they have become the 'in' thing but IMO they are way too bouncy. There is a reason almost no manufacturers put white rubbers in their pins.

#2895 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

I know it's crazy that people that are willing to drop $8K on a pin want options right. Just joking around man but IMO buyers have every right to ask for certain options and sometimes they even get them. So where is the harm in asking?

#2896 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I HATE white rubbers and would never put them on any of my pins. I know they have become the 'in' thing but IMO they are way too bouncy. There is a reason almost no manufacturers put white rubbers in their pins.

But what if they really tie the room together?

#2897 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I know it's crazy that people that are willing to drop $8K on a pin want options right. Just joking around man but IMO buyers have every right to ask for certain options and sometimes they even get them. So where is the harm in asking?

Not only that, Rick's idea is to improve on the original. Correcting flaws and difficiancies of the original. Seeing as this is marketed to the home collector, enhancements that extend the aesthetic appearance seems like a no brainer; such as mantis protectors.

#2899 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

the thing is that we all know it doesn't take 8k to make this pin. there's a nice fat premium which they have chosen to charge because of the clout surrounding this particular pin, its being one of the most, if not THE most, expensive pins out there. therefore, it's perfectly reasonable to request,... hell, even demand, that certain measures are taken to ensure the long-term quality right out of the box.

#2900 10 years ago
Quoted from yotaxi125:

there's a nice fat premium which they have chosen to charge because of the clout surrounding this particular pin, its being one of the most, if not THE most, expensive pins out there

Don't think for a second that Rick is making massive profits on this... Williams also helps set the price by the amount they require for licensing. Just look at what Joe is going through to make a licensed AFM topper.

The more hands in the cookie jar the more likely you end up with just crumbs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.