(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 110.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Stern still has great tech support. Give them that.
LTG : )

They do indeed, Pat helped me with an issue on my Metallica Pro and I could not be happier with the time he put in to fix the problem. In the end, I ended up figuring out the problem, but he helped me trouble shoot and think about different options to figure it out.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

yup. they previously sent a swat team in to perform surgery on my tron. lots of little tweaks & then up and running.

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

yes indeed. i bitch about stern but they have great support and they do stand behind their product.

#154 10 years ago

Rick,
Will those who ordered MMLE be given preference towards other games that you make in the future? (CC,AFM or MB) And do you believe your company will make other non-reproduced W/B tittles in the future?

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Ordered my LE with Game exchange pretty early Friday. Lots of friends who ordered with Pinball Sales after I ordered have gotten several updates confirming they have an LE. I'm still waiting to get confirmation? I know it must be chaos! JJ with game exchange has been a stand-up guy and that's why I went with him. Guess I just gotta keep waiting.

Still Sweatin' but got faith

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

I know this is from left field, but any chance for open sourcing the source code on this bad boy? I would love a chance to develop custom code for this without having to go down the PROC route. Having this flexibility on the PPS re-releases would make things VERY interesting in the hobby scene.
-Wes

Check your pm.

#157 10 years ago

preference to what next games

'if' that were to happen we would issue cards that get stamped, buy 10, get one free or something like that ...

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

we would issue cards that get stamped, buy 10, get one free or something like that ...

I'm just hoping to get my first "stamp" at this point.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

'if' that were to happen we would issue cards that get stamped, buy 10, get one free or something like that ...

well great... now my collector OCD instincts want a "buy 10 get 1 free" card and start collecting hole-punches in it from PPS Time to buy the neighbor's house to keep 11 more pins.

pinball-buy10get1free.jpgpinball-buy10get1free.jpg

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Flood the market!! Cash in while you can! Thanks for doing this Rick and Co.

#161 10 years ago

Someone had asked if they could order from a distributor and pick up in Cicero (Chicago), Illinois - from Chicago Gaming Company - the manufacturer - the answer is YES.

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Someone had asked if they could order from a distributor and pick up in Cicero (Chicago), Illinois - from Chicago Gaming Company - the manufacturer - the answer is YES.

thats good news. that will save alot of money in shipping. and i know how it's getting shipped.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

thats good news. that will save alot of money in shipping. and i know how it's getting shipped.

Can we fit two in a truck or are we taking a trailer?

#164 10 years ago

Thanks Rick for taking time from your extremely busy schedule to field some questions, now back to work I want to play already

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from jsauce85:

Can we fit two in a truck or are we taking a trailer?

i sure we can do 2 in a truck.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Still Sweatin' but got faith

Hmmm, I thinking it doesn't look good for us!

#167 10 years ago

I'd like to pick mine up in Chicago. I'll have to be in touch with Jack on that. $75 gas vs $350 shipping is a no brainer. Good to know.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

OUTSTANDING news on that front!!!

Quoted from rockotaco1:

I'd like to pick mine up in Chicago. I'll have to be in touch with Jack on that. $75 gas vs $350 shipping is a no brainer. Good to know.

Plus, you know EXACTLY how it was handled in shipping and when it gets delivered. Have you ever dealt with these "yahoos" who think they are the only ones who work for a living and whose time is valuable?

Jaz

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

I couldn't agree more me and my brother both have games so 75 in gas vs 750 in shipping.

#170 10 years ago

I just want to know how much it's going to cost to request a specific number for an LE from a distributor.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

I just want to know how much it's going to cost to request a specific number for an LE from a distributor

The cost will vary based on the number requested. The lower the number the higher the cost associated. The distributor you ordered the game from should be able to give you the cost and also let you know if that exact number is still available.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

AFM.

But, IMHO, the price point is going to have to change for any other titles. MM is probably the single title that could handle it. I would pay $6.5K, but not any more than that. Obviously, I may be wrong on this and supply and demand will dictate things. But, I also think that price SHOULD be doable. Based on what B/W was selling games for in the late '90s and inflation, it should be very easy to do that and still make a nice profit. This is especially true since the NRE on these remakes is minimal compared to new games like WOZ and Hobbit.

Thanks for asking Rick!
Jaz

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

I just want to know how much it's going to cost to request a specific number for an LE from a distributor.

I was told $100 from my distributor (for a very high number that only means something to me). For that price I'll pass. For $50 I would have done it, but it's not that important to me.

Jaz

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

If you live in IL you might want to find a distributor from a different state otherwise you will have to pay taxes.

Acording to Matt, this is nottrue, I asked this question myself and was told that since PPS is a California company, that IL salestax would not be charged. I specifically asked this as i put down a deposit for a couple friends that dont have sales tax numbers and needed to know incase they had to use a STL address

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

For $50 I would have done it, but it's not that important to me.

Yup. $100 is a lot of money for a number that will mean nothing to anyone else--that is, unless it is in the single digits.

#177 10 years ago

Ok, as I see it the following questions have yet to be answered. If you skipped past some because you weren't at liberty to divulge yet, I understand. I figure you may have over looked a few so I consolidated them here. Again, thanks for all the answers thus far. I combined questions in separate some cases. Side note, I did my best to cull everyone's questions that may have not been answered but I may have missed some or listed some with answers already. Apologies in advance.

1. ORDER PORTABILITY: Could you respond on our ability to sell our order to another individual. I have no intent of doing this but the question has been raised. It would be good to hear an official response.

2. GOLD TONE TRIM: More detail here would be nice. IE: Brass, gold, plated, clear coated.

3. SHAKER: Since the original game was not designed to use a shaker, how will the shaker be implemented into the remake?

4. How is distribution of completed games going to go? Is there an order to which distributors get their games in?

5. Tell me more about the boardset. Is it all surface mount? Are/will replacement boards be available? Who from? At what estimated cost? Will new board be required for simple repairs (eg, led not working)

6. It appears that most of the board sets are under the playfield. Can you briefly explain why you abandoned the backbox for these items?

7. Is there a light tub in the back box or fluorescent tube, ala Stern?

8. What is the small board in the backbox?

9. Will the playfield be the same # ply's as original. Is the same true for cabinet construction? I know their history but CB makes current Stern playfields, correct? They've cheaped out recently and gone to 7-ply wood, and there does seem to be a bit more flex in recent playfields.

10. Is the game going to be emulating the source code?

11. If so, is there latency concerns?

12. Answered

13. Will the sub be better than original, not requiring an upgrade to Pinball Pro etc.

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

12. Can this MM go on site? Coin mechs? Or is HUO?

He said yes it can be routed during his presentation.

#179 10 years ago

Thanks. Updated to reflect

#180 10 years ago

+1 to Skins Questions Above

+1 to Color Matching Insert LED's (**Extra important to me**)

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I think it may have been answered or maybe half answered. Look back through here and let me know if it wasn't and I will add it.

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Ok, as I see it the following questions have yet to be answered. If you skipped past some because you weren't at liberty to divulge yet, I understand. I figure you may have over looked a few so I consolidated them here. Again, thanks for all the answers thus far. I combined questions in separate some cases. Side note, I did my best to cull everyone's questions that may have not been answered but I may have missed some or listed some with answers already. Apologies in advance.
1. ORDER PORTABILITY: Could you respond on our ability to sell our order to another individual. I have no intent of doing this but the question has been raised. It would be good to hear an official response.
2. GOLD TONE TRIM: More detail here would be nice. IE: Brass, gold, plated, clear coated.
3. SHAKER: Since the original game was not designed to use a shaker, how will the shaker be implemented into the remake?
4. How is distribution of completed games going to go? Is there an order to which distributors get their games in?
5. Tell me more about the boardset. Is it all surface mount? Are/will replacement boards be available? Who from? At what estimated cost? Will new board be required for simple repairs (eg, led not working)
6. It appears that most of the board sets are under the playfield. Can you briefly explain why you abandoned the backbox for these items?
7. Is there a light tub in the back box or fluorescent tube, ala Stern?
8. What is the small board in the backbox?
9. Will the playfield be the same # ply's as original. Is the same true for cabinet construction? I know their history but CB makes current Stern playfields, correct? They've cheaped out recently and gone to 7-ply wood, and there does seem to be a bit more flex in recent playfields.
10. Is the game going to be emulating the source code?
11. If so, is there latency concerns?
12. Answered

13. Will the sub be better than original, not requiring an upgrade to Pinball Pro etc.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Well it can't be worse

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

MB please!

Quoted from Jazman:

But, IMHO, the price point is going to have to change for any other titles. MM is probably the single title that could handle it. I would pay $6.5K, but not any more than that. Obviously, I may be wrong on this and supply and demand will dictate things. But, I also think that price SHOULD be doable. Based on what B/W was selling games for in the late '90s and inflation, it should be very easy to do that and still make a nice profit.

Agreed.

#185 10 years ago

Next game? AFM...I'm IN....MB...I'm IN...BBB...I'm IN....Make it so!

3svgjg.jpg3svgjg.jpg
#186 10 years ago

We do not support order portability ... also the warranty is only between the distributor and the customer of record (i.e. the customer's name on the receipt from the distributor).

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We do not support order portability ... also the warranty is only between the distributor and the customer of record (i.e. the customer's name on the receipt from the distributor).

Folks may disagree with this, but I LIKE that. No more order campers selling preorder slots for profit.

#188 10 years ago

how does one best get on a LE wait list at this point? Wait lists are per distributor or with PPS directly? Or since the prices are the same.. do people with Standard orders at this point become the defacto wait list.. as I can't imagine anyone specifically wants a Standard instead of a LE

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

how does one best get on a LE wait list at this point? Wait lists are per distributor or with PPS directly? Or since the prices are the same.. do people with Standard orders at this point become the defacto wait list.. as I can't imagine anyone specifically wants a Standard instead of a LE

I'd guess this is "Yes, yes, and yes." If you place a pre-order through either PPS or a distributor, I would think they would contact you to ask if you want to upgrade in the case that a spot became available. A more firm answer would be nice.

I'm sure it keeps the LE pre-orders more firm, but I would have to think it would be way less work on their end to just make all of them "LEs".

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I'd like to know this answer too.

Else, given that only standard versions would be available....I would simply wait and place my order once they come into stock. In the meantime, I might get lucky and pick up and LE 2nd hand.

Best regards,

Tom

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

No, there is no 'open sourcing' wms code ... in fact it's a copyright and trademark violation to use DMD frames and Sounds ... so we won't see many P-ROC's out there doing this as WMS is not amused by what has gone on for to date ... custom stuff is great, same game rules is ok, just don't 'leverage' the visual and sounds, and names of games ... now back to our regularly scheduled program ... (i.e. PLEASE let's not turn this into a long discourse).

would this mean that a CC re-release wouldn't have CCC?

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Would this mean that a CC re-release wouldn't have CCC?

I don't see how it could. You need a P-ROC to run it, and I don't think their new board set would even be compatible.

#193 10 years ago

CCC might not even be compatible without porting either since PPS is using different boards (possible different pinouts on connectors)

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from BooyaNY:

Wow!! Rick's active participation here is quite impressive. If anything, it shows me that he really cares about the customers, and is taking the time to address some of the major concerns brought up on these forums. I was on the fence about pre-ordering, but now I'm jumping in. Thank you Rick.

Yes, I agree. Rick, I was aggressive in my criticism - also my support of the project - during the announcement and pinside escalation. You've addressed everything quickly and professionally. Good job. I'm thrilled with this renmake, and wish you nothing but success with this and the next one, and the next one, and the next one. Please consider lower pricepoints in the future.

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

just get some colored gel material (as oin theatre lighting) to put between the LED and the insert. problem solved.

#196 10 years ago

Williams does NOT approve of CCC, so any remake of CC is not going to have CCC in it.

If you add CCC to a remade CC, you are going to need the P-roc processor board, and a few P-roc driver boards & probably some adapter cables.

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

just get some colored gel material (as oin theatre lighting) to put between the LED and the insert. problem solved.

That's not a bad idea, actually. The negative would be that it would dim the insert.

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't see how it could. You need a P-ROC to run it, and I don't think their new board set would even be compatible.

that's too bad. It lessens the appeal of CC as a remake for me. CCC is a desireable game. Really cool rules to go with a fun theme and layout. The original CC rules are lacking...and therefore a plain CC is less interesting to me. In fact, CC's were really only trading around $7 or $8K until the p-roc CCC was widely available. Only then did it become a $10-12K plus game.

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

CCC might not even be compatible without porting either since PPS is using different boards (possible different pinouts on connectors)

Based on what Rick presented on MMR, the boardset is completely different, with the driver board in the base cabinet. This would mean that the wiring harness would be completely different as well. So, in order to use a P-ROC, you'd need to make a completely new wiring harness, install it, and connect it to an old style driver board. All this just to have the ABILITY to run a P-ROC. So, CCC would not be realistically achievable.... unless they work out a deal to use the new code...

Quoted from vid1900:

Williams does NOT approve of CCC, so any remake of CC is not going to have CCC in it.
If you add CCC to a remade CC, you are going to need the P-roc processor board, and a few P-roc driver boards & probably some adapter cables.

I don't see how a CC remake would even sell without something like CCC. The original CC is SO incomplete...

Just my thoughts and interpretations...
Jaz

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's not a bad idea, actually. The negative would be that it would dim the insert.

yeah, but i heard the brightness will be adjustable?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.