(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 110.
#1351 10 years ago

Black chrome looks the goods.

#1352 10 years ago

Put the black chrome on mine please.

#1353 10 years ago

Black chrome all around, habitrails included.

#1354 10 years ago

Was wondering what all the new posts were to this thread. Glad I dropped in. The black chrome on the HEP game is beautiful and the direction I was going on my own. If PPS could do this on the armor and wire guides, I would be all in with an up charge if required. If Rick can provide flexibility to his production line for options like this on the game, he will have made some welcomed and needed changes for enthusiasts that are just begging for the ability to customize.

#1355 10 years ago

+1 on black nickle! Stunning.

#1356 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Was wondering what all the new posts were to this thread. Glad I dropped in. The black chrome on the HEP game is beautiful and the direction I was going on my own. If PPS could do this on the armor and wire guides, I would be all in with an up charge if required. If Rick can provide flexibility to his production line for options like this on the game, he will have made some welcomed and needed changes for enthusiasts that are just begging for the ability to customize.

well said.

#1357 10 years ago

IMO, trim is one thing, but I want everything inside the game exactly like the stock MM. If the stock MM shipped with gold hibitrails, that's what I want. It would be a major turn off if the game wasn't exactly the same.

#1358 10 years ago

I have gloss black powder coat on my HS, and it looks sensational. I'd be all for it on MMr.

#1359 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

but I want everything inside the game exactly like the stock MM

For a start the boards won't be the same. I hope that is okay.

Top side has to look and play the same.

And people will mod the heck out of it anyway.

LTG : )

#1360 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

IMO, trim is one thing, but I want everything inside the game exactly like the stock MM. If the stock MM shipped with gold hibitrails, that's what I want. It would be a major turn off if the game wasn't exactly the same.

uhhhhh

#1361 10 years ago

People were talking about chaining the color of the habit rails that shipped with the game. I think that would be a mistake.

By inside, I meant the play field. Everything on the topside of the play field. There was talk of moving away from the original color of the rubbers, and also making the habit rails black etc. I want the top side of the play field stock.

Quoted from LTG:

For a start the boards won't be the same. I hope that is okay.

Top side has to look and play the same.

And people will mod the heck out of it anyway.

LTG : )

#1363 10 years ago

I'll take black chrome on mine please!

#1364 10 years ago

...once you go black chrome....

#1365 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...once you go black chrome....

Oh no he didn't...

#1366 10 years ago

Please keep in mind, while this is a great theme and proven great game all around. $8K plus shipping is not chicken feed. I am sure people are OK with $40-odd hundred for a Stern pro, but we should expect a lot for $80-odd hundred. I mean, I was not a super fan of silver or gold, something to let it standout as a special product deserving of it's price. I might even say something like well done black chrome throughout would do a good deal of healing for the masses and might make the LE much more desirable. I for one was contemplating dismissing the gold and going with standard trim at which point the standard game is looking almost as good as an LE. But if a black chrome would work for the majority and if it could be done in budget for you guys I say it would be well appreciated by many..

#1367 10 years ago

I'm all in for Black Chrome for my MMRLE!

#1368 10 years ago

Black Chrome me out! Ramps and all!!

#1369 10 years ago

Luckily I think it has to look at play exactly like the original. I hope that means everything on top of the play field.

Quoted from hollywood:

Black Chrome me out! Ramps and all!!

#1370 10 years ago

It's not black chrome and wouldn't put this on MM but I think looks cool on MET

image-13.jpgimage-13.jpg image-986.jpgimage-986.jpg
#1371 10 years ago

Rick! Pics! Rick! Pics! Ricks! Pic!

...and/or video.

#1372 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rustyballs ... obviously you are not following ... we are evaluating the different finishes - I bet you would be out if the finish scratched easily as well or the golds didn't match, or, or, or. So, the alternative you list is so way out of whack let's see: If the gold was not to someones liking they could a) switch to silver, b) put their own plated items on (as they are same as original), c) live with it, or d) not buy the game and then spend way more to get way less on an original mm - so I have a hard time with the people that go to d) option right away ... this kamikaze stuff ... oy.

Seriously it's ridiculous that someone would cancel just because they don't like the trim finish, but I'm sure it will happen. You'd think they'd at least go with standard hardware which is exactly what I will do if I'm not happy with the other options.

#1373 10 years ago

my rails can be any color, i'm wrapping them in this before i even try the first play

candy-cane-wrapping-decor.jpgcandy-cane-wrapping-decor.jpg

#1374 10 years ago

Is there any update to when WMS will approve the project? Apologize if I missed the news elsewhere in this thread.

#1375 10 years ago

Hmm, I like the look of the black chrome even over gold plating. Is that a powdercoat?

#1376 10 years ago

This is blck chrome powdercoting. By the wy my letter "" does not work on this lptop. hh

Blckchromepowder.jpgBlckchromepowder.jpg

Not the best exmple, but looks good to me.

#1377 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Is there any update to when WMS will approve the project? Apologize if I missed the news elsewhere in this thread.

There is no update. Originally expected before Jan 1st 2014.

#1378 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

This is blck chrome powdercoting. By the wy my letter "" does not work on this lptop. hh

Blckchromepowder.jpg 51 KB

Vanna, can I buy an "A" please?

#1379 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Blckchromepowder.jpg 51 KB

I agree looks good to me as well plus you get the durability of powder coat. If you can get a nice black chrome look from a powder coat that would be the best way to go IMO.

#1380 10 years ago

I believe the black nickel chrome plating (as opposed to the powdercoating) is super toxic and many people are just outright not doing it anymore, or only doing small things. So 1000 rails and lockdown bars and habitrails might be hard to pull off with actual black chrome plating.

I could be wrong, just my understanding from people like Mike Chestnut, if someone has better data correct me.

#1381 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

So, even a good Chestnut-caliber brass plate job won't hold up over time?

Nope....and I can attest to that. He does quality work, but body oils are tough on any surface under these conditions. Polished stainless or a good powdercoat are the best options. My Xmen LE and AC/DC are already getting scratched up just from cleaning. I'm starting to think they are not actually powdercoat, or Stern did not put a clearcoat over the color.

#1382 10 years ago

how bout some carbon fibre?

#1383 10 years ago

On the wireform ramps I prefer the chrome or gold with the black being a last choice.

#1384 10 years ago

Heeeeeeey so lets see some high def pics or video of this thing!!!! Yeah? Anyone else into that besides me? LOL

#1385 10 years ago

I am.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Heeeeeeey so lets see some high def pics or video of this thing!!!! Yeah? Anyone else into that besides me? LOL

#1387 10 years ago

I was.

#1388 10 years ago

I just look at the original.... It's the same right?

#1389 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I just look at the original.... It's the same right?

I see what you did there. Yeah, curious mind wants to know, or in this case, look.

#1390 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We will have more discussion in the next couple of weeks on the plating, and will discuss with Chicago Gaming as to where they are with the gold as well as have sent them the pictures of the chrome black one as well. So when we get a reading as to what can be done without overcomplicating things I will report back ...

Awesome Rick,I just love the chrome black,its got that Wow effect!

Question: Will this Medieval Madness be made for sure...i have my 1000$ deposit with Starburst
here in Montreal.i mean all been set with the legals rights and stuff ? so the making will start in april ?

Thanks

#1391 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

I see what you did there. Yeah, curious mind wants to know, or in this case, look.

Lol! I want to see what my 8k is getting too!

#1392 10 years ago

We have the rights to make the game and we have support from WMS to do it, we just obviously have to pass muster and get a game that looks and plays as original, so that is what the focus is right now to insure that it does.

#1393 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

as well as have sent them the pictures of the chrome black one

PLEASE let black chrome be an option!

#1394 10 years ago

How about we all go with standard rails- and get $300 off?

#1395 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We have the rights to make the game and we have support from WMS to do it, we just obviously have to pass muster and get a game that looks and plays as original, so that is what the focus is right now to insure that it does.

Thank Rick keep it up,I really hope this turn out great
I can imagine myself having a brand new MM in my room
It is by far the best game I have played along with AFM

#1396 10 years ago

Would love black chrome as an option.

#1398 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Yikes only 21 days to go to get approval! Come on WMS - let em build it.

#1399 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Yikes only 21 days to go to get approval! Come on WMS - let em build it.

The way i read Ricks message is that Wms has approved it.

#1400 10 years ago

Nope, if they did we'd know, that's when the deposits become non refundable.

Quoted from ChadNC:

The way i read Ricks message is that Wms has approved it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.