(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 110.
#1251 10 years ago

Just an update (or a recap on MM Standards).

MM standards will be built after we run the MMLE's - the standards can be secured with a $1K deposit which will put you in place in line. PPS has a pre-reserve page on it's site:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/product/product-name-rec6/

in which you can reserve a game directly thru PPS (other distributors will be coming online shortly we are working on terms with Chicago Gaming and then will move forward with some more distribution points).

In addition, with being on the list for a Std, if any LE's were to open up, then that is one of the lists consulted to see if we can 'upgrade' anyone to an LE.

A deposit is not required (by PPS), but with it, we put you in line to get it which is expected to start shipping Q4 2014.

thanks,
[email protected]

#1252 10 years ago

We've added a blog for the MMR on the pinball.com / planetarypinball.com site ... we will update this as often as we can. This also includes an FAQ, as well as a way to ask us additional questions which we will try to include all questions we can answer in the FAQ!

SO, the MMR blog is here:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr/

The FAQ is here:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr-faq/

And asking a question can be done here:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=CTUS

We will still continue to post here as appropriate and check in every day or so ...

[email protected]

#1253 10 years ago

"other:tbd" For it!

#1254 10 years ago

Oh .. also forgot we added an MMR "hotline" to our system which we will pickup if we are around or leave a message 408-596-5030 MMR Hotline.

[email protected]

#1255 10 years ago

Thanks for the update and thanks Dude for the update page as well.

#1256 10 years ago

Invisiglass would be a nice touch.

So would the option to use software to brighten and dim the LED inserts to our liking.

Quoted from btw75:

#1257 10 years ago

Second the option to ship with PDI/invisiglass please.

#1258 10 years ago

How about some more pics and/or video?

#1259 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Yes very exciting to see the "OTHER TBD". Hopefully it's not just a t-shirt or something.

#1260 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Yes very exciting to see the "OTHER TBD".

My imagination can go crazy on that one. It would be really cool if they threw in a last minute surprise to sweeten the LEs up.

#1261 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We've added a blog for the MMR on the pinball.com / planetarypinball.com site ... we will update this as often as we can. This also includes an FAQ, as well as a way to ask us additional questions which we will try to include all questions we can answer in the FAQ!
SO, the MMR blog is here:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr/
The FAQ is here:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr-faq/
And asking a question can be done here:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=CTUS
We will still continue to post here as appropriate and check in every day or so ...
[email protected]

This is what good communication looks like for a pinball company! Good job!

#1262 10 years ago

Did I miss when we have to pay for MM LE? $1000 deposit and balance do when again?

#1263 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

$1000 deposit and balance do when again?

Somewhere around tax time.

#1264 10 years ago

Cool thanks O-din
Ps. You ever gunna find an avatar pic that you like?

#1265 10 years ago

Could we get more info about the LCD display, as in was said a software update will make it color, is that a free upgrade and is it a promise or something that could or could not happen depending on what?

#1266 10 years ago

Ps. You ever gunna find an avatar pic that you like?

I may eventually go back to my original one, and then maybe just fade away......................

I think he said the balance would be due a couple weeks before delivery.

#1267 10 years ago

Did I miss when we have to pay for MM LE? $1000 deposit and balance do when again?

PPS said 1 to 2 weeks before it is shipped paid in full.

#1268 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Could we get more info about the LCD display, as in was said a software update will make it color, is that a free upgrade and is it a promise or something that could or could not happen depending on what?

It will have selectable colors out of the gate. The software update would enable it to colorize like what ColorDMD does.

I think most people would recoil at the idea of paying for the software update after dumping $8k to get the game.

#1269 10 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

PPS said 1 to 2 weeks before it is shipped paid in full.

Isn't it upon williams approval which is roughly at the end of the year? Then it ships April ish

#1270 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Isn't it upon williams approval which is roughly at the end of the year? Then it ships April ish

Nope. That is the deadline for bailing and getting your deposit back. It's due when time to ship.

#1271 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Nope. That is the deadline for bailing and getting your deposit back. It's due when time to ship.

So, you can get your deposit back anytime before williams approval? However, after that you can obviously still bail up until time of shipment, but just no deposit back?

#1272 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

So, you can get your deposit back anytime before williams approval? However, after that you can obviously still bail up until time of shipment, but just no deposit back?

I'm sure if you had to bail for good reasons any reputable distributor/dealer wouldn't give a major stink over returning the deposit, after all it's really not going to be too hard to sell it as there is a waiting list and they may even make a little more profit at that point.

#1273 10 years ago

If we ordered through PPS, do we have the option of making payments towards the balance ahead of time?

#1274 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

If we ordered through PPS, do we have the option of making payments towards the balance ahead of time?

Why would you want to?

Can't you just keep some money aside say put $1250 a month aside until you have enough?

#1275 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I think so.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

I'm sure if you had to bail for good reasons any reputable distributor/dealer wouldn't give a major stink over returning the deposit, after all it's really not going to be too hard to sell it as there is a waiting list and they may even make a little more profit at that point.

What he said. ^

#1276 10 years ago

@ PPS

I know you're looking into your gold trim options. For what it's worth, please don't use powder coat. Dull, gold tone powder coat is hideous and this game deserves to shine. A quality gold or brass plated finish would look 100x better. However, if you can't manage that without sacrificing durability, chrome would look great too.

#1277 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

@ PPS
I know you're looking into your gold trim options. For what it's worth, please don't use powder coat. Dull gold tone powder coat is hideous, and this game deserves to shine. A quality gold or brass plated finish would look 100x better. However, if you can't manage that without sacrificing durability, chrome would look great too.

^X2 what NorCal said^

#1278 10 years ago

@ PPS
I know you're looking into your gold trim options. For what it's worth, please don't use powder coat. Dull gold tone powder coat is hideous, and this game deserves to shine. A quality gold or brass plated finish would look 100x better. However, if you can't manage that without sacrificing durability, chrome would look great too.

Agreed, plated or nothing. PC gold, umm, no thanks.

#1279 10 years ago

gold tone powder coat is hideous

I'm 100% out if it's powder coat. No thank you, I'll pass completely and buy an Original MM and pay more $$ to do so. This is what I'm fearing will happen. The start of Penny Pinching. We all think we'er getting a B/W machine and we end up getting a Knock Off. I don't like the term re-fake, I'd say it could be a "knock off".

#1280 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I'm 100% out if it's powder coat. No thank you, I'll pass completely and buy an Original MM and pay more $$ to do so. This is what I'm fearing will happen. The start of Penny Pinching. We all think we'er getting a B/W machine and we end up getting a Knock Off. I don't like the term re-fake, I'd say it could be a "knock off".

What we call a Chinaimitation you mean? Can't see it being anything but a quality re-boot otherwise future business would be flushed down the toilet and PPS seem to be listening and even soliciting feedback.

#1281 10 years ago

rustyballs ... obviously you are not following ... we are evaluating the different finishes - I bet you would be out if the finish scratched easily as well or the golds didn't match, or, or, or. So, the alternative you list is so way out of whack let's see: If the gold was not to someones liking they could a) switch to silver, b) put their own plated items on (as they are same as original), c) live with it, or d) not buy the game and then spend way more to get way less on an original mm - so I have a hard time with the people that go to d) option right away ... this kamikaze stuff ... oy.

#1282 10 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up again ric. I have complete faith in what you are doing and have no doubt that the game will be great.

#1283 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Yes I do agree with you (except the getting an original part). For 8k please don't do the powder coat, do the plating. I can clear the plating and it won't scratch.

#1284 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

uhhhhhh you know the gold trim is an OPTION right?

#1285 10 years ago

Rick you seem a little short, your assumption is correct, if you can't match your plating or use Power Coat I'd lean towards punching the "D" button. I understand finishes scratch and as long as I damage the finish it's OK. If you deliver a machine with damage that's an issue, I'm sure you clearly understand. Gold Plating might not really be an option for a mass produced machine aimed at the collector market. Stainless Steel seems like the logical option for a mass produced machine. Deciding not to purchase the machine isn't a Kamikaze decision by any means, it's just freedom of choice. Honest Rick you released an image of the MM in beautiful shinny Gold so I was expecting what was in the photo. That's what I pre-ordered. If you can't do that let us know and we'll go from there. Good luck.

#1286 10 years ago

When I preordered my MMRLE I didn't even see a pic of the game and the gold trim. I have to agree though that a powder coat gold will look awful for this game. Plating or stainless steel is the way to go…(I am probably opting for the Standard black trim anyway) - but for those in a panic - shiny is better.
Either way, thanks Rick and I can't wait to get my machine!

#1287 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

(I am probably opting for the Standard black trim anyway)

Edit-That would be a good choice, if it was an actual option.

#1288 10 years ago

Rick I am in whatever trim and I know if I dont like it I can change it - no big deal.
Just a quick thank you for doing this project. If you hadn't I would never have owned a MM.
Fact is I almost bought a v-pin just to play MM - thankfully I didn't.

All that being said.... Lets face it Gold powder looks like butt. Brass wears off even from the best of plate guys in the ideal home setting.

My vote - smoke black chrome powder - much like black nickel but will last a lifetime.

If you really want longevity mirror polished stainless; Unlike chrome it does not wear or scratch easy.

#1289 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

smoke black chrome powder - much like black nickel

That sounds sweeeeeeeeetttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1290 10 years ago

Hooked - The video is no good.

Edit - figured it out. Flash player needed to be updated.

I agree this looks great.

#1291 10 years ago

plus 1

#1292 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

My vote - smoke black chrome powder - much like black nickel but will last a lifetime.

Slick- imagine the wireforms the same color.

#1293 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

smoke black chrome powder - much like black nickel but will last a lifetime

I vote for this

#1294 10 years ago

Black would look way better than gold. I guess anythings possible with Rick at the helm.

#1295 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Rick I am in whatever trim and I know if I dont like it I can change it - no big deal.
Just a quick thank you for doing this project. If you hadn't I would never have owned a MM.
Fact is I almost bought a v-pin just to play MM - thankfully I didn't.
All that being said.... Lets face it Gold powder looks like butt. Brass wears off even from the best of plate guys in the ideal home setting.
» YouTube video
If you really want longevity mirror polished stainless; Unlike chrome it does not wear or scratch easy.

Were can you get that kind of work done? What exactly should I ask for?

#1296 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Were can you get that kind of work done? What exactly should I ask for?

I have a chrome plate guy here in my little town...your in PA google metal finishing. New Paris looks to be the closest to you . Just google -make a list - call and get to know them. At my shop Chrome and Polishing is the same cost per foot. I deal strictly cash...amazing how that helps some times. Polished Stainless steel is slightly darker but hard as nails and easy to clean - never wears trough or pits.
As far as powder coating goes:
See what brand powder they carry and google that or ask if they have samples...its just time consuming but worth it in the end.

#1297 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Edit-That would be a good choice, if it was an actual option.

Sorry. I thought that was the option? If not, my bad!

Though, my vote really would be for that type of trim in the video by HOOKED! That looked sweet!!!

#1298 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Sorry. I thought that was the option? If not, my bad!

It may not be, but you've done good, real good.

#1299 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It may not be, but you've done good, real good.

With?

#1300 10 years ago

Ordering a MMr with standard black trim! Now everybody wants one. Majority rules!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.