(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 110.
#1151 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

We're seeing things differently? So you're seeing a 3/4" bottom panel where I'm seeing a 3/8" panel? Might need to get your eyes examined...
Or are you just a Stern fanboy who refuses to admit he's wrong? There is no "opinion" or debate about whether something measures 3/4" or 3/8". I also have to laugh at your 'feeling' comment, as we have ACDC, StarTrek and WOZ all next to each other, and the WOZ "feels" MUCH more solid than the other two. All are fun but the Sterns are rattletraps...
Also, you're not exactly the only one who has owned pins for many years...

Somebody break out the calipers already!

On topic: I am looking forward to the upgraded sound, that is one of the things that caused me to throw down, even though I know it could only be something like better speakers. If they go beyond this, hell yeah!

#1152 10 years ago

Any new developments on the sound?

#1153 10 years ago

It would be nice to get that updated PDF flyer/manual/sales brochure or whatever it was supposed to be that Rick was talking about in the beginning of the thread.

Updates were hot and heavy for a while there, now it sort of died down.

#1154 10 years ago

When the final approval/cut off date becomes known, I would like to see pictures of the final product. Decisions need to be made on the process of the gold trim and all the other details before the final cut off date.

#1155 10 years ago

There is a lot riding on this venture. I'm sure all involved realize this and are going to make sure they cross all the T's and dot all the I's. This venture being a success will possibly allow other remakes of other popular Pinball Titles.

#1156 10 years ago

Their trying to make this thing happen its going to take some time/work. I'm sure when there is a worthwhile update Rick will let us know.

#1157 10 years ago

They have a working prototype. My guess is they are further along than we think. Rick has repeatedly said undersell, over perform and Q2 was conservative.

#1158 10 years ago

So what would be the deadline to get in for a standard NIB MMr for 8k... end of year 2014? Or maybe a better question what is the latest date to get a deposit in for MMr standard?

Gotta get my pinball budget in order, determining how long I have to allocate the funds.

#1159 10 years ago

I'm wondering how soon it will be that those who purchased will know their "place in line".

#1160 10 years ago

We will be 'officially' setting up distributors for the MMR standards this week, obviously the ones selling MMR LE's also sell standards. The way the MMR will work is that the sooner a deposit is recieved will set your position in line for the MMR standards (+/- based on other factors like bundling for most efficient shipping, some customer requests for certain dates, etc). But generally when you have a deposit in, then you go in line.

As we have said, the MMR's will start after the LE's are all built. So, the timeframe I'm telling everyone is Q4 2014 is when we believe they would ship - can be earlier or later depending on how things go with the LE production, etc.

rick

#1161 10 years ago

Is Q4 2014 the projected date for the LEs or the standards? I believe the LEs will ship in mid-2014 correct?

#1162 10 years ago

Any other general updates on MMLE? How are things going? Art any closer? Play field done? I know there isn't any "news" per say, but just curious how things are going.

#1163 10 years ago

Will you be putting out a production unit # when your done running them? or be like stern and not tell anyone how many are made.

#1164 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm wondering how soon it will be that those who purchased will know their "place in line".

+1. Some of us have choice to make and this will assist greatly.

#1165 10 years ago

I think generally the sooner you put in a deposit the sooner you would get your standard game - which are targetted for Q4 ship date. I doubt we will be advertising too much that information about production rates, and detailed information as that really doesn't do much as there are other companies making decisions based on having more information about the others ...

#1166 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Is Q4 2014 the projected date for the LEs or the standards? I believe the LEs will ship in mid-2014 correct?

Q2 2014 for LE
Q4 2014 for STD

#1167 10 years ago

yes that is correct for the projected ship timeframes

#1168 10 years ago

Rick do you foresee many changes to the actual playfield design from the original design? Did I read correctly the game will not have roll over switches, i.e. roll overs in the return lane? thanks

#1169 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Rick do you foresee many changes to the actual playfield design from the original design? Did I read correctly the game will not have roll over switches, i.e. roll overs in the return lane? thanks

You can see the switches in the pics that were posted.

#1170 10 years ago

Calvin I agree, is that the actual playfield CG did or another MM from Mirco/IPB or a CG playfield. Rick posted no roll over switches on the MM remake.

#1171 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Calvin I agree, is that the actual playfield CG did or another MM from Mirco/IPB or a CG playfield. Rick posted no roll over switches on the MM remake.

He posted no switches attached to the large pcb. They will be standard rollover switches as in the original.

#1172 10 years ago

thanks guys, I had concerns. thanks again!!

#1173 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I think generally the sooner you put in a deposit the sooner you would get your standard game - which are targetted for Q4 ship date. I doubt we will be advertising too much that information about production rates, and detailed information as that really doesn't do much as there are other companies making decisions based on having more information about the others ...

Cough... ACDC released at the same time as Woz was supposed to start shipping.. cough

#1174 10 years ago

Hi Rick,
Just received my invoice and was surprised to see that I will be charged shipping from Chicago. I was counting on picking up the machine from pps since I live locally since I will already be incurring 700 dollars in sales tax.I'm not sure if this is commonplace but I did think this was a bit unfair (btw I do appreciate the bias here) to get slapped with that shipping charge as I would normally have avoided such a charge from any other sale. Just thought I would ask for the rationale here.

#1175 10 years ago

I'm just not even sure why you would post that here vs email me - as I a) have no idea who you are, b) not sure if this is a pps invoice, c) not sure where you live, d) not sure what the other situation are, d) not sure that you've talked to us about this, e) if you live in California, then we are a California corp, f) I'm not sure what 'locally' as the games are made in Chicago, not California, and I'm sure I could come up with g thru n as well. Best to contact me directly, you can email or call.

#1176 10 years ago

I'm not sure why you wouldn't PM yotaxi125 back, instead of posting a reply here.

#1177 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

+1. Some of us have choice to make and this will assist greatly.

I think he's asking when people who didn't select an LE number will be issued one and will that number indicated their place in the production line.

At least that's how I understood his question.

#1178 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I'm just not even sure why you would post that here vs email me - as I a) have no idea who you are, b) not sure if this is a pps invoice, c) not sure where you live, d) not sure what the other situation are, d) not sure that you've talked to us about this, e) if you live in California, then we are a California corp, f) I'm not sure what 'locally' as the games are made in Chicago, not California, and I'm sure I could come up with g thru n as well. Best to contact me directly, you can email or call.

Well as my location shows I'm in San Jose. PPS is in San Jose. The "other" kind of situation I'm talking about would be, for example, if I walked into a store (I.e. a book store or auto parts store) and put in an order for a part or book which was not currently in the store, they would not be charging me for the shipping from their warehouse to their store. I would just go to the store and pick up the item once they received it.

Rick, no offense meant here.I posted here because this could well be a question another customer had which could be addressed all at one time. Also I've never had a nib pin nor have I ever had one shipped to me so you'll have to excuse my ignorance on the matter. Still, though,I think my logic has some basis to it and think that it is a reasonable question to ask and that this forum is a reasonable place to ask it. Hopefully I don't get too much negative press here but for an expenditure this great I thought it was worth it to ask the question. Respectfully.

#1179 10 years ago

It's being made in Chicago so shipping is from out of state. I wish you were correct but to my knowledge you won't be able to pick up for free in California but I can see how you would think that yotaxi. 700 sounds extremely high for shipping though I would shop around a bit for shipping.

#1180 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

It's being made in Chicago so shipping is from out of state. I wish you were correct but to my knowledge you won't be able to pick up for free in California but I can see how you would think that yotaxi. 700 sounds extremely high for shipping though I would shop around a bit for shipping.

Yeah, the 700 is actually sales tax. So I probably shot myself in the foot there, but I just thought I could make up for it a little by just swinging by PPS and picking it up. Just hurts the wallet (ouch!)

#1181 10 years ago

That's kind of crappy since some of us got in quicker than others but then were told days later that our credit cards won't be charged and to mail in checks instead. When asked when the credit would post back to the card the distributor said just go ahead and wait until the credit shows up and then mail the check, there's no rush. Of course the credit took over a week to even appear for some odd reason. Distributor didn't indicate anything about getting the check in as quickly as possible to get your place in the queue. I thought the queue was established during the inital pre-order not when the check that was requested later was cashed. Would have been great to know that info when the email went out requesting that pre-orders be converted to check.

Quoted from PPS:

We will be 'officially' setting up distributors for the MMR standards this week, obviously the ones selling MMR LE's also sell standards. The way the MMR will work is that the sooner a deposit is recieved will set your position in line for the MMR standards (+/- based on other factors like bundling for most efficient shipping, some customer requests for certain dates, etc). But generally when you have a deposit in, then you go in line.
As we have said, the MMR's will start after the LE's are all built. So, the timeframe I'm telling everyone is Q4 2014 is when we believe they would ship - can be earlier or later depending on how things go with the LE production, etc.
rick

#1182 10 years ago
Quoted from iskidoo:

That's kind of crappy since some of us got in quicker than others but then were told days later that our credit cards won't be charged and to mail in checks instead. When asked when the credit would post back to the card the distributor said just go ahead and wait until the credit shows up and then mail the check, there's no rush. Of course the credit took over a week to even appear for some odd reason. Distributor didn't indicate anything about getting the check in as quickly as possible to get your place in the queue. I thought the queue was established during the inital pre-order not when the check that was requested later was cashed. Would have been great to know that info when the email went out requesting that pre-orders be converted to check.

I think Rick was talking about order priority for the standards, not the LE.

#1183 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

I have some questions. Will try to my best to word them accurately.
1a) ORDER REFUNDS - TIMING: Could you respond on our ability to get a refund of the $1000 deposit. I've heard that the deposit can be fully refunded up until two weeks prior to the game shipping. I have also heard that the deposit is refundable until Williams provides final approval of the game. Will we be informed of the final approval with a grace period or will it be immediate with no ability to request a refund.
1b) ORDER REFUNDS - DESIGN: We do not have a lot of detail yet on the game. As information related to the game is released, will we be able to cancel our order if specific design changes are not to our liking. I've heard there was a period of time when refunds were honoroed by a recent startup. Maybe PPS can do something similar as we come up to speed on the game.
2) ORDER PORTABILITY: Could you respond on our ability to sell our order to another individual. I have no intent of doing this but the question has been raised. It would be good to hear an official response.
3) GOLD TONE TRIM: More detail here would be nice. IE: Brass, gold, plated, clear coated.
4) COLOR DMD: Will we have the ability to add Color DMD to our games? Will it be an easy task or will an aftermarket supplier be required to do something special for this game?
5) SHAKER: Since the original game was not designed to use a shaker, how will the shaker be implimented into the remake?
6) DMD ANIMATION: Will the animations be identical to the original? Will we see any new animations implemented in the remake?
7) SOFTWARE: Will the game software be modified to have native shaker support? Any other software changes from the original?
_8) INSERT LEDS: Are they color matched to the inserts or are the warm white like the GI? Will their brightness or color be adjustable in software? Will they be user replacable?

Anymore questions?

#1184 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

I have some questions. Will try to my best to word them accurately.
1a) ORDER REFUNDS - TIMING: Could you respond on our ability to get a refund of the $1000 deposit. I've heard that the deposit can be fully refunded up until two weeks prior to the game shipping. I have also heard that the deposit is refundable until Williams provides final approval of the game. Will we be informed of the final approval with a grace period or will it be immediate with no ability to request a refund.
1b) ORDER REFUNDS - DESIGN: We do not have a lot of detail yet on the game. As information related to the game is released, will we be able to cancel our order if specific design changes are not to our liking. I've heard there was a period of time when refunds were honoroed by a recent startup. Maybe PPS can do something similar as we come up to speed on the game.
2) ORDER PORTABILITY: Could you respond on our ability to sell our order to another individual. I have no intent of doing this but the question has been raised. It would be good to hear an official response.
3) GOLD TONE TRIM: More detail here would be nice. IE: Brass, gold, plated, clear coated.
4) COLOR DMD: Will we have the ability to add Color DMD to our games? Will it be an easy task or will an aftermarket supplier be required to do something special for this game?
5) SHAKER: Since the original game was not designed to use a shaker, how will the shaker be implimented into the remake?
6) DMD ANIMATION: Will the animations be identical to the original? Will we see any new animations implemented in the remake?
7) SOFTWARE: Will the game software be modified to have native shaker support? Any other software changes from the original?
_8) INSERT LEDS: Are they color matched to the inserts or are the warm white like the GI? Will their brightness or color be adjustable in software? Will they be user replacable?

Anymore questions?

#1185 10 years ago
Quoted from yotaxi125:

Yeah, the 700 is actually sales tax. So I probably shot myself in the foot there, but I just thought I could make up for it a little by just swinging by PPS and picking it up. Just hurts the wallet (ouch!)

Then get out of the hobby.

#1186 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

He should get out of the hobby because he wants to pick up a game to save on shipping? HUH?

#1187 10 years ago

Ouch! Easy, Crash, easy....

#1188 10 years ago

I hope we don't drive Rick away from posting on this board with hypothetical shipping questions

#1189 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ouch! Easy, Crash, easy....

Maybe he didn't have his coffee yet

#1190 10 years ago

Hope he's on the way to Dunkin' Donuts...

#1191 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Are you flipping kidding me? the guy is just trying to same a buck just like anyone else.

#1192 10 years ago

Who did you order from? If it was from pinballsales I was told that the queue was organized by order time and not check arrival time

Quoted from iskidoo:

#1193 10 years ago

That's a crappy double whammy. Shipping due to home location in CA and tax due to PPS having a presence in the state. That sucks!

In other news, if I pick up parts to the game unassembled, then put it together in Canada, am I charged import tax if I put "gift" on the bill of lading? This is all just theoretical but I also I heard you can get prescription drugs on the cheap up there and most things are made of ice. Also they have wacky mayors.

#1194 10 years ago

Yeah, if I end up getting a standard , since I am in CA I won't be ordering from PPS

#1195 10 years ago

Can't you have a friend out of state order it, then go pick it up?

#1196 10 years ago
Quoted from yotaxi125:

Hi Rick,Just received my invoice and was surprised to see that I will be charged shipping from Chicago. I was counting on picking up the machine from pps since I live locally since I will already be incurring 700 dollars in sales tax.I'm not sure if this is commonplace but I did think this was a bit unfair (btw I do appreciate the bias here) to get slapped with that shipping charge as I would normally have avoided such a charge from any other sale. Just thought I would ask for the rationale here.

Why would you have to pay sales tax unless you ordered from an in-state distributor(in which case, oops)? Having to pay both in-state sales tax and out-of state shipping seems like the worst of both worlds.

#1197 10 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That's a crappy double whammy. Shipping due to home location in CA and tax due to PPS having a presence in the state. That sucks!
In other news, if I pick up parts to the game unassembled, then put it together in Canada, am I charged import tax if I put "gift" on the bill of lading? This is all just theoretical but I also I heard you can get prescription drugs on the cheap up there and most things are made of ice. Also they have wacky mayors.

Well you got the wacky mayor part right. Prescription drugs were cheaper. I think some new trade deal with Europe is going to stop that.
The other idea about importing it is a little wacky. Come up here. You can run for mayor!

#1198 10 years ago

FORD NATION FOREVER!

#1199 10 years ago

This is for the LE:

This has been asked and answered several times - the deposit refund is available up to the time that WMS approves the game, which we expect at the end of the year. I'm sure it will not be 'to the day' of the wms approval.

There will be more information published during the next couple of months. The bulk of the game is the same as original, cabinet, playfield top, bottom (with the exception of the electronics). The electronics pictures as they are now have been published, and more will be published as well. It has been stated that the game is expected to look and play as original (or better) with the exception of logo's, trademarks, notices, etc. So, we certainly will provide more information, but if minor design updates are required to keep people in the game, then this may not be the game for you, or you may need to wait until it's released as we can never provide everything that everyone would want.

This has been raised and answered as well. Warranty is not covered by reselling the game - only to the original owner. As to whether or not anyone can sell their game to anyone else, other than that we cannot control that.

We have discussed this as well - the 'exact' finish is being worked on, as soon as it is decided (or choices) we will make this available ...

Again, this has been discussed - the MMR will have a native color LCD, which when shipped will be 'mono' color but selectable (probably a number of standard colors supported by the LCD - red, amber, blue, green, etc). We are then working on an upgrade which we expect to be software only which will provide full color display.

The shaker will be driven off various inputs (generally the castle shaking) and the motor will shake. More below.

They are the same other than WMS stuff being removed. No, there are no new animations.

Game software runs on top of the controller board, and the controller board driver can set off the shaker motor based on various outputs. So, it is software controlled, but not the original game software. There is flexibility in terms of running longer or shorter, etc, etc, etc.

INSERT LEDS: Are they color matched to the inserts or are the warm white like the GI? Will their brightness or color be adjustable in software? Will they be user replacable?

They will be the best colors to make the inserts look as much as original as possible. Not sure about adjustability, but I expect so without asking the team. Some are socketed, some are on boards at this time. As they generally don't ever wear out, then the issue is really a failure issue - so all of this is being looked at ...

#1200 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

This is for the LE:

LOL Welcome to pinball manufacturing, Rick.

My question....are you still glad you started this whole thing??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.