(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 213 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5463 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 110.
#5351 5 years ago

Wish things were so. Now with everyone having access to "book" values (which in my opinion tend to be ridiculous), the days of finding decent, reasonably priced games are over!

#5352 5 years ago

There is a site www.pinballbash.com for southeastern folks and someone who was ignorant/disrespectful wouldn't last in the community. Lots of folks local to me in the hobby and they are all good people etc.. I agree with jalpert and you have to network yourself with the right people. It will be mutually beneficial.

Quoted from yonizzell:

Wish things were so. Now with everyone having access to "book" values (which in my opinion tend to be ridiculous), the days of finding decent, reasonably priced games are over!

#5353 5 years ago

Have you tried waiting? I waited 3 years for my GNR. I waited 2.5 years before I just overpaid for a WPT, never did find the right one. It took me almost 2 years to find my WH20.

Maybe your expectations are off. Good deals don't just fall into your lap left and right. Network, make friends, but most of all wait. And then wait. And then wait some more. Then, when it comes up, have cash, be ready to pounce and most of all be flexible.

Quoted from yonizzell:

If you don't have crazy mad amounts of money, like most of us, you have to wait, and also be willing to take any good deals that come your way. Right now I have 3 keepers that I bought just because they were cheap.

Even when the good deals come around, I average about 25 hours labor and $250 on each so that's were the flexible comes into play.

#5354 5 years ago

I spent a whole lot more than 25 hours on this restoration. Problem is, I had to sell it for far more than it should ever be worth just to make a little bit for my efforts. We're all entitled to our own opinions, but the hassle is no longer worth it for me! I will be buying the MMRLE, then I'm done.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#5355 5 years ago

Oops- stupid Iphone!

#5356 5 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

The pin market has gotten so ridiculous with prices that unless someone along the line gets ripped off, there's no profitability left in this hobby.

Guys read this. Its not about paying fair price for a game he wants. He is looking to make money in this.

#5357 5 years ago

I'm sure I'm the only one who wants to make a few dollars for all my hard work..

#5358 5 years ago

If you want an honest days pay for an honest days work get a job.

Quoted from yonizzell:

I'm sure I'm the only one who wants to make a few dollars for all my hard work..

#5359 5 years ago

Do you work for free? I make my living working in the coin op business, and pinball is just a small part of it. But I take pride in my work. There's nothing wrong with making a profit on a game you painstakingly restored. If you think there is, I feel sorry for you.

#5360 5 years ago

Any way we can soon see pics posted of MMRLE on the assembly line instead of Twilight Zone ? I'm all about usually seeing any type of Pinball Pr0n but at this point I'm looking for my center fold and that's MMRLE on the line. Or some type of an assembly date announcement ?

#5361 5 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

There's nothing wrong with making a profit on a game you painstakingly restored.

Ok, so buying a beater and restoring is a different conversation than flipping games. Most folks know if they have fixer upper vs a restored game so it should not be that hard. But in general retail is a tough market in the internet world.

#5362 5 years ago

I think iron man vault and then acd dc pro + are on the line. And then MMR.

#5363 5 years ago

OMG
Why posting TZ pics and 3 times in MMr topic
Its getting worse and worse ...

#5364 5 years ago

IM VE Finishes production tomorrow. ACDC Pro (NEW) Starts production Monday. No MMR LE scheduled yet.

#5365 5 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

IM VE Finishes production tomorrow. ACDC Pro (NEW) Starts production Monday. No MMR LE scheduled yet.

Damn!

#5366 5 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Thanks! That's what I figured, I'm guessing 2-3 weeks of new ACDC and MMR first or second week of September.
Then, Walking Dead in October....I hope!

#5367 5 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Nice info, how did you get it?

#5368 5 years ago

I think we're all getting board with the lack of production updates

#5369 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Nice info, how did you get it?

His son works at Stern as part of the line IIRC.

#5370 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

His son works at Stern as part of the line IIRC.

Aw, makes sense! Thanks!

#5371 5 years ago

Darn I sure hope MMR LE will be ready to rip through the line as soon as AC/DC production ends! Hopefully things are ready to roll at that time. Would be a little frustrating watching Stern run something other then MMR LE after AC/DC.

#5372 5 years ago

since they rip through production much faster than "others".. they probably need to get every single part in stock in the right quantities before even starting; so maybe they're waiting for stuff to arrive or . wonder if stern is building the sub-assemblies like harnesses as well, which they have to do first / not on the 'line' per say.

#5373 5 years ago

How long are they supposed to be making the new AC/DC?

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Darn I sure hope MMR LE will be ready to rip through the line as soon as AC/DC production ends! Hopefully things are ready to roll at that time. Would be a little frustrating watching Stern run something other then MMR LE after AC/DC.

#5374 5 years ago

Okay. I just spent the last two hours looking at your "find all the differences in these three pictures" photos and I still can't pick out any variations between them. Where can I find a list of the answers?

#5375 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

How long are they supposed to be making the new AC/DC?

I'm not sure but don't think it would take Stern longer then 2 weeks to get out as many of them as they wanted to get out. I could be wrong on that of course.

#5376 5 years ago

I don't know what demand is for AC/DC Pro, but 500 games seems like a lot. At 250/wk it seems like that's what they would be able to do.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'm not sure but don't think it would take Stern longer then 2 weeks to get out as many of them as they wanted to get out. I could be wrong on that of course.

#5377 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't know what demand is for AC/DC Pro, but 500 games seems like a lot. At 250/wk it seems like that's what they would be able to do.

They've only been putting out an average of about 160 per week for the past year.

#5378 5 years ago

I thought they recently increased their production capabilities?

Quoted from Iceman5000:

They've only been putting out an average of about 160 per week for the past year.

#5379 5 years ago

Can't wait I think I'm gonna put my shiny new MM between MB and old 'MM?

#5380 5 years ago

Look for Stern to announce The Walking Dead mid month.
Production should follow AC/DC with MMR being the last of the bunch.
A little birdie told me

#5381 5 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Look for Stern to announce The Walking Dead mid month.
Production should follow AC/DC with MMR being the last of the bunch.
A little birdie told me

I wouldn't be surprised. Looks like I'll be playing WD before MMR.

#5382 5 years ago

Everytime I look at this thread I'm hoping to see a post by Rick / PPS and that little logo of his saying... "Production will start .... etc.. etc.. and a teaser photo". pps.jpg

As Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers would say: "The waiting is the hardest part"

#5383 5 years ago

I bet the compliance testing with the electrical standards is taking its time and that's why the production has been postponed.

#5384 5 years ago

None of the distributors should have collected full payment unless production was good to go and they had a confirmed production schedule with Stern. I did not sign up for a pre-order but payment within 2 weeks of shipment as committed by PPS.

#5385 5 years ago

The fact that at least one major distributor (Automated) hasn't asked for full payment makes it pretty clear that production isn't imminent. If it was, I'm assuming everyone would have collected the money.

Quoted from luckymoey:

None of the distributors should have collected full payment unless production was good to go and they had a confirmed production schedule with Stern. I did not sign up for a pre-order but payment within 2 weeks of shipment as committed by PPS.

#5386 5 years ago

Its nice to see someone admit when they post crappy pictures..

Quoted from yonizzell:

Oops- stupid Iphone!

#5387 5 years ago

Having made my full payment I would assume that you could get a production date but that now seems unlikely and I really don't think seems fair since I upheld my end of the deal and PPS did state roughly it would be end of 2nd quarter which has now come and gone but have not given us another date or any reason why it was not done at the end of 2nd quarter. So I don't even know if we can get mine by Christmas at this point since Rick seems only to answer trim options or coin mechanism and I just can't understand why we can't seem to get any information on production, parts etc. I still appreciate and thank them for now for producing these now but when?

#5388 5 years ago

This is the first game to be remade. It is not easy, nor fast to get this stuff setup. The next machine(s) will go more smoothly, as everyone in PPS will know what, how, eta's etc. He will post up when he knows more information. we have 4.5 months until xmas. I think we will probably have a game by then :-p

#5389 5 years ago

Actually, before the end of the second quarter it was stated that "Main line game production set to begin last few days of July." It was clear that this was just an estimate, but that ship has now sailed and we have no ETA at this point.

Quoted from tdunbar:

Having made my full payment I would assume that you could get a production date but that now seems unlikely and I really don't think seems fair since I upheld my end of the deal and PPS did state roughly it would be end of 2nd quarter which has now come and gone but have not given us another date or any reason why it was not done at the end of 2nd quarter. So I don't even know if we can get mine by Christmas at this point since Rick seems only to answer trim options or coin mechanism and I just can't understand why we can't seem to get any information on production, parts etc. I still appreciate and thank them for now for producing these now but when?

#5390 5 years ago

I bought from Arcades at Home in Chicago, agreement was final payment 2 weeks before shipping and Phil has not asked for payment yet. I don't mind waiting though, good things come to those who wait...

#5391 5 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

Might be worth giving your distributor a call to ask why they demanded full payment more than 2 weeks before your machine was ready to ship, as was seemingly promised in the game announcement. You could also give Rick a call, but my guess is he would say that payment plan was intended for games bought direct from PPS rather than a requirement applicable to all the distributors (the distinction b/w PPS as manufacturer and PPS as pinball distributor seems to have caused a fair amount of confusion, and understandably so based on how some of the announcements were worded).

#5392 5 years ago
Quoted from CobraMark:

I bought from Arcades at Home in Chicago, agreement was final payment 2 weeks before shipping and Phil has not asked for payment yet. I don't mind waiting though, good things come to those who wait...

Same for me. I don't believe distributors should have asked for full payment yet.

On the bright side, Stern is doing these short production run schedules so they can squeeze MMR in as soon as they are ready to go. After Mustang flopped they had a lot of production time open this summer, and since their next big game isn't ready yet there should be no problem getting MMR on the line soon as its ready. But if MMR slips well into September, that could be another story as Stern should be producing the next title by the end of September.

#5393 5 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

After Mustang flopped Stern had a lot of production time open this summer.

Mustang flopped? You say that like you know actual production figures. People who don't like the theme seem to automatically claim it is a flop. It's a really good game if you're not prejudiced against it.

#5394 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Mustang flopped? You say that like you know actual production figures. People who don't like the theme seem to automatically claim it is a flop. It's a really good game if you're not prejudiced against it.

They only made 150 of the 500 LE's they could have due to poor sales. Compared to past releases, that's kind of a flop.

#5395 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

They only made 150 of the 500 LE's they could have due to poor sales. Compared to past releases, that's kind of a flop.

Sounds suspiciously like Rolling Stones LE...

#5396 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

They only made 150 of the 500 LE's they could have due to poor sales. That's kind of a flop.

There is little reason to purchase a Mustang LE. The Boss premium has all the same gameplay features as an LE, has the same lighting as an LE (except for 8 flashers added in the LE backbox ) and features just performance model Mustangs. And Mustang pro seems to have sold okay.

#5397 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

There is little reason to purchase a Mustang LE. The Boss premium has all the same gameplay features as an LE, has the same lighting as an LE (except for 8 flashers added in the LE backbox ) and features just performance model Mustangs. And Mustang pro seems to have sold okay.

You could have said the same thing about Metallica or Star Trek LEs, and those sold out quickly. So I think looking at LE sales is definitely one indicator of health.

Also keep in mind that the LE sales are higher margin than the Pros, so not selling them out hurts the bottom line.

#5398 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I wouldn't be surprised. Looks like I'll be playing WD before MMR.

Now you definitely won't be surprised, since I've laid it all out for you.

#5399 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Mustang flopped? You say that like you know actual production figures. People who don't like the theme seem to automatically claim it is a flop.

Lets see almost everyone in the pinball community could care less about it vs games which everyone brags about buying. Seems like a slight indicator towards flop.

#5400 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The fact that at least one major distributor (Automated) hasn't asked for full payment makes it pretty clear that production isn't imminent. If it was, I'm assuming everyone would have collected the money.

My distributor hasn't asked for the remainder of the payment yet either. He's thinking I will have it in my house in October sometime.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 87.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 5463 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside