(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 110.
#5201 9 years ago

Not sure why some posters are suggesting we should be grateful this machine is being reproduced. Let's be clear, it's not altruism driving this reproduction, it's hard cash. It's being done because someone believes they can make money doing it. Hopefully they can.

#5202 9 years ago

it seems like a route op who is spending 8 grand is already making bad decisions. what's another $15? I don't think there's a leg to stand on from any kind of practical "this will affect my business" standpoint. it's purely people who are concerned with the "principal" of the thing. which, again, seems like stubborn whining to me.

#5203 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it seems like a route op who is spending 8 grand is already making bad decisions. what's another $15? I don't think there's a leg to stand on from any kind of practical "this will affect my business" standpoint. it's purely people who are concerned with the "principal" of the thing. which, again, seems like stubborn whining to me.

Well, it would be over $50 for me. Stern somehow manages to supply me with coin mechs in their bargain basement pins.

But you're right, it's a terrible business decision I have made. So, I guess all operators who have pins should pull them out of every location, and we can really drive this hobby into the basement and out of the public eye. That sounds swell.

#5204 9 years ago

facepalmgroup.giffacepalmgroup.gif

oy

#5205 9 years ago

Because IMO the subject and those that won't let it go are getting close to trolling at this point. You guys have made your point here it's time to move on or start another thread. Rick has addressed how PPS will handle the issue and welcomed direct contact if further clarification is needed.

I've asked for it to stop (in this thread) and you don't have to like it but if it continues past this point there will be thread bans handed out.

#5206 9 years ago

The last few pages of this thread leave me utterly speechless, not for lack of trying, I just don't think it is possible to offer anything constructive on either side of the argument.

#5208 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Because IMO the subject and those that won't let it go are getting close to trolling at this point. You guys have made your point here it's time to move on or start another thread. Rick has addressed how PPS will handle the issue and welcomed direct contact if further clarification is needed.
I've asked for it to stop (in this thread) and you don't have to like it but if it continues past this point there will be thread bans handed out.

oops, I was typing my post before I saw your post but it is in response to thread questions made at me. Bring on the next stage.

#5210 9 years ago

Are people buying mods for their MMR yet? Tempted to order some but not sure if I would have compatibility issues. Really like the look of the lighting additions you can get for the castle and trolls.

#5211 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Are people buying mods for their MMR yet? Tempted to order some but not sure if I would have compatibility issues. Really like the look of the lighting additions you can get for the castle and trolls.

Where are those mods sold?? I keep searching….but I may wait until I know they will all fit (i.e. Mantis)

#5213 9 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Where are those mods sold?? I keep searching….but I may wait until I know they will all fit (i.e. Mantis)

Troll eye kit...

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=209

#5214 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

You may want to wait to see how the mods would/could be powered. Physically, most, if not all, should fit.

#5218 9 years ago

What is amusing to me, is that people are actually surprised that Pinside turned into the "internet"........

#5219 9 years ago

issue tissue.jpgissue tissue.jpg

#5220 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The truth is that 1000 people are just super fortunate that Rick is producing a game that 1 year ago was at least $12k to $13k for a decent restored one and $11k at a minimum. He's basically saved you $5k over what you would have had to spend to get your dream game.

The actual truth is that Rick is super fortunate that there are 1,000 people willing to spend $8,000 on this machine. He's not doing favors for anyone, he's getting paid. The most I ever spent on a machine before now was $5,700. I'm going out of my comfort zone for MMRLE partially to support this project so it's a success and they keep making other titles for others to enjoy. It's obvious these machines won't be a good "investment" as they will keep making them til demand is gone. He didn't save me $5,000 as I'd never spend $13,000 on a machine. I'm sorry but I get a bit worked up when people say things like "you should be grateful that Rick is even doing this" LOL

#5221 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

NO. If anything I'll remove parts to sell to help pay my mortgage. This is why having a coin mech would be good. It would be another part to sell.

#5222 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

NO. If anything I'll remove parts to sell to help pay my mortgage. This is why having a coin mech would be good. It would be another part to sell.

Maybe NIB isn't for you.

#5224 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

I'd be willing to bet the lack of a coin mech bothers more people than some think. Some people don't like to mix it up on forums. I stayed quiet up until now and figured it was worth posting my opinion. We were told the deposit was "locked in" and 5 hours later we were then told there would not be coin mechs included. That put a bad taste in my mouth. Up until that point everything PPS has done in my opinion was nothing short of amazing, but was then ruined with that announcement. I'm dumb enough to cancel my preorder (if I could) over such a small thing, but I keep telling myself it's going to be a lot easier to add the mech versus getting trim powder-coated, adding a shaker, and whatever other LE perks you might like. In the grand scheme of things if this is the only "hiccup" I'm not going to have a problem with it. I believe the decision on the coin mechs was solidified before the deposit became locked so it's a shame we weren't told when it happened. Just my opinion. Maybe the decision truly was made right before it was announced.

I was truly upset when Stern shipped my Tron LE with only a one slot coin door mech, to me that was just terrible insult to LE owners vs the regular pro getting a 2 slot door. As an operator I like the 3 door version best, the more the better and Imonex mechs. I have plenty of new and used quarter mechs to sell as I switch them all out as people stick all kinds of coins in pins on locations. I use the .984 taken 25 cent combo.

A good read for those who like to understand coin mech issues

http://www.arcaderepairtips.com/2009/06/19/adjusting-a-coin-mech/

#5226 9 years ago

I find when I buy a used game and the mechs and manual are removed I'm pissed. Then a few weeks later the seller has them on eprey to be tacky. If they are missing when I buy the game I try to discount the game by $50 to replace both. Never works, seller won't reduce the price.

Fortunately I worked in an arcade for several years and we had to change the mechs on every new game and I got to keep the original ones. Now I have a pile,of them and when this happens I take two from my pile and use them.

I don't really give a hoot if they come with the game or not. Can t REALLLY believe the chatter this has caused. I feel sorry for rick on this one! Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! Now he is damned if he does or doesn't provide them.

No big deal to me, I want my game and I'll put them in myself. Like I would if I bought a used game that the owner removed them, the manual and locks.

Btw, it comes with a lock right?

Chris Kruger

#5228 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I'm not sure if everyone read the part where I have deeply discounted mechs.

That's cool but will you ship them for free? The shipping is outrageous at BAA. The mechs might be $5 but the shipping will be $30

#5229 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Maybe we can start a kickstarter for you and get you those coin mechs. $8,000 was cool, but $8,020 is an outrage!

Vonnie D's games come with coin mechs.

#5230 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:Deleted post

Some of us never left rgp............................

#5231 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

One few dollar item indicates to me that expense might have been spared elsewhere when building this machine as well. It was a bad choice not to spend a few dollars more and put the coin mechs in there from a PR standpoint IMO.

Don't sweat the small stuff. A rule to live by.

#5232 9 years ago

I've done some searches as I thought I saw this brought up before but can't find it. Was it previously stated that the Mantis protectors would fit? I know one of them is already a very tight fit on the originals (Merlin hole).

#5233 9 years ago

I've ordered Pinball Graffix Apron and Blades and also the Mantis Protector kit.
The Protector Kit has arrived. Still waiting on the Apron and Blades to arrive.
I sure hope it all fits.

#5234 9 years ago

If you feel like you must continue to talk about it, start a new thread.

#5236 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

That's cool but will you ship them for free? The shipping is outrageous at BAA. The mechs might be $5 but the shipping will be $30

This has nothing to do with BAA ... also most likely to do with shipping to Canada ... but we can digress.

#5237 9 years ago

OMG....pics of these things on the assembly line already-- let Rick do his job folks!!!!

#5239 9 years ago

Can we move on?

If the missing mechs bothers you, don't buy it. Or call Rick. This story has nowhere else to go.

For those who are confused about what we're even talking about...it's this thing inside the coindoor. If you're buying for home use you've never used it or probably noticed it was there anyway:

42-3079-100.JPG42-3079-100.JPG

Moving on...

#5241 9 years ago

Rick is taking note of the whiners and the non whiners.
Non whiners MMRLE get shipped first.
Whiners get shipped when they stop Whining!

#5242 9 years ago

Lordloss- What part of " This discussion is over" are you having trouble understanding?

#5243 9 years ago

P42Hogger-
I couldn"t have said it any better!

#5244 9 years ago

Maybe this will help put the no coin mech to bed. Buy a MMR LE from me and I'll give you two free coin mechs.
Yes I have one available.

[email protected]
authorized PPS reseller

#5245 9 years ago

Fantastic. We get it. Already been discussed. A billion times. Don't buy it and/or call Rick.

#5247 9 years ago

So, call Rick. Maybe he is sending them to people who bought the game and are genuinely upset. Who knows. Call him if it's a make or break deal for you.

One thing I've noticed about the pinball business community - generally they're very generous and often go around the "official" fine print to make a customer happy. I've often been blown away by how cool people are on the business side of the hobby.

#5248 9 years ago

Wow, this thread has gotten ridiculous.

I am curious, how many of you plan to route your MMRLE?

#5249 9 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Will it come with balls, or should I order some extras?

I'd still like to know the answer to this. I don't assume it will. I assumed it would come with mechs and I was wrong.

Will there be a hyper-link provided so I can download and print out the PDF of the manual and schematics so I can have them on hand when trying to trouble shoot something on location?

#5250 9 years ago

Firstly Rick thanks for remaking the game !! Forgetting about all of this coin mech garbage talk... I'm focused on the bigger picture. What's the actual projected date as to when it's going on Sterns Line ?! You initially said June/July.. then end of July,... July is officially over. It's now August. I understand you said that some things can slow down production, how did the UL testing go ? If you can please give us all more info as to a more accurate projected date as to when this is going to happen ? I'm not in any rush but Ideally I'd like to have an idea as to when.

Side note Monster Bash, Attack From Mars, Cactus Canyon, Big Bang Bar, Theatre of Magic, King Pin .... What's the next REMAKE title from PPS ? You also said buyers of MMRLE would have some type of special once you make your next announcement any chance of shedding more light on that ? Do you plan on keeping the price point at 8k for the next game ?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/105 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.