(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 110.
#5101 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

They had multiple open houses to come play the machine. There was an entire thread of pics and hands on reviews.

That's great. I'm glad those that stayed in had a chance to check it out before making their decision. It was no where on display anywhere near where I live, and this is the thread I was following for updates. Never saw the other one.

#5102 9 years ago

I am an MMRLE buyer, and I am also a tech for a large amusement operator in south central Pennsylvania. I too am really surprised that they will be shipping without coin mechs. That being said, its not enough to make me want out, although I do understand the legitimate gripes by people who think an $8,000 pinball machine should come with them installed. I think that is the real issue here- when you are paying top dollar for a coin operated machine it should probably come with all the parts necessary for it to be coin operated! We're not asking for $400 Mars bill acceptors, we're talking about $20 coin mechs! Regardless of the lack of coin mechs, I am sure Rick and PPS are going to make a quality machine that I am really looking forward to owning.

#5103 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I foresaw corners being cut. Period.

Can you tell me the winning lottery numbers?

#5104 9 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I think that is the real issue here- when you are paying top dollar for a coin operated machine it should probably come with all the parts necessary for it to be coin operated!

There's your problem, you are not paying top dollar, this remake is way below top dollar for this title.

#5105 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigboythursday:

Can you tell me the winning lottery numbers?

No, but I'm pretty good at picking Super Bowl winners. Get back to me in a few months.

#5106 9 years ago

In my opinion, anyone paying $12,000+ for a pinball machine deserves to get ripped off (because that is what it is). NO pinball machine is worth that much, and yes, I think $8,000 is also way more than any pinball machine should ever cost! So in my book, it is top dollar.

#5107 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Do what I do. Scan the pages for anything Rick says and ignore all the rest.

That's what the "¶" is for - just click that on his post in this thread and it'll only show you his

#5108 9 years ago

I'd rather have a shaker, choice of color for trim, LED lighting, new hardware then I would a coin mech. Do Sterns ship with coin mechs? yes. However, do current Stern LE or other models ship with shakers? No. Do you get to choose from a variety of trim options even for LE models? No. Which would you rather have a $200 item or a few dollar coin mech? I'll happily take the shaker and other options over a coin mech even if I have to order/install one in the future.

#5109 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

However, do current Stern LE or other models ship with shakers? No.

I've never purchased a Stern LE model before so I could be wrong here, but I thought that most of the Stern (LE models) do come with shakers these days.

#5110 9 years ago

With them asking the same price for a standard and an LE, kind of makes it hard to justify cutting the mechs if you ask me.

#5111 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I've never purchased a Stern LE model before so I could be wrong here, but I thought that most of the Stern (LE models) do come with shakers these days.

Don't think Metalica came with a shaker for the LE.

#5112 9 years ago

I'd rather have a shaker, choice of color for trim, LED lighting, new hardware then I would a coin mech. Do Sterns ship with coin mechs? yes. However, do current Stern LE or other models ship with shakers? No. Do you get to choose from a variety of trim options even for LE models? No. Which would you rather have a $200 item or a few dollar coin mech? I'll happily take the shaker and other options over a coin mech even if I have to order/install one in the future.

There isn't one person in this whole thread that is saying that they would rather have coin mechs than a shaker or trim or leds. Where do you come up with this stuff? People are simply saying that this is a $8000 coin-op machine that cannot accept coins and the reasoning behind it is absurd. That's all.

#5113 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

There isn't one person in this whole thread that is saying that they would rather have coin mechs than a shaker or trim or leds.

I'd give up the added shaker for coin mechs.

EDIT: Bad joke. Sorry guys.

#5114 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

can we at least limit complaints about coin mechs to people who have bought the game? I think the last 5 people who have brought the issue up have been non-buyers (not sure if Crash is in or not, I think he is?)

Kinda how criticism of WOZ was limited to paying customers?

Oh, wait...

#5115 9 years ago

Do Sterns ship with coin mechs? yes. However, do current Stern LE or other models ship with shakers? No.

STLE shipped with a shaker.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:Do you get to choose from a variety of trim options even for LE models? No

More like a few (three) trim options on MMR, one of which is a watered down version of the gleaming gold originally expected

I'll happily take the shaker and other options over a coin mech even if I have to order/install one in the future.

My WOZ came with shaker, coin mechs AND invisiglass. And a whole lot more R n' D. Just sayin

#5116 9 years ago

Hey coin mech cry babies go change you're tampons. I tired reading page after page of pissing and moaning about it. I know it's not about the fact that coin mechs are cheap as shit and we all have a hundred laying around or most of the games will never even have a quarter put in it. But it's not about the money it's the principle or principal. Yea 10 pages of testimonials of dis like of this decision is duly noted with Ric. At times like this I almost miss the 25 pages of teekee and the refake post.

#5117 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Huh, you realize the coin mechs are only seen if you open the door? The coin insert/reject is still there. Looks identical from the outside.

Actually, I didn't realize that!

Well, I don't really have time to sift through all the bullshit these days, so thanks for letting me know.

But yes this does change my outlook on the coin mech issue. I guess I would just install one myself if I really wanted it. But I would still say that I would be disappointed if it only "looked" like I could install an actual coin mech. It should actually be installable as a functional mech.

Cheers

PS Sometimes I like to put quarters through my machines, even though they are all on free play, b/c it does add that je ne sais quoi to the experience. I bet I'm not the only one who does that.

#5118 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

There isn't one person in this whole thread that is saying that they would rather have coin mechs than a shaker or trim or leds. Where do you come up with this stuff? People are simply saying that this is a $8000 coin-op machine that cannot accept coins and the reasoning behind it is absurd. That's all.

And it's only you and three other posters who also aren't getting a MMR that refuse to drop the subject.

#5119 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

And it's only you and three other posters who also aren't getting a MMR that refuse to drop the subject.

Well, when my machine arrives I'll post a picture and you can then tell everyone here that you know nothing as to what you are talking about and you are just being a <edited> OK?

Post edited by moderator: Please no personal attacks

#5120 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Well, when my machine arrives I'll post a picture and you can then tell everyone here that you know nothing as to what you are talking about and you are just being a dick. OK?

Alright, i was mistaken, sorry. If you say you're getting one I believe you. But most of the people perpetuating this subject are not.

Edit: furthermore, at this point, I'm probably being as annoying as anyone. I will drop it.

#5121 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Haha.. You and others are harping on a few dollar item. I'm pointing out I think it's silly to harp on such a small thing when PPS has offered a lot of cool things/choices that are much more expensive. If that's not a valid or obvious point to you then I'm happy to agree to disagree.

You and others have made your point your upset it doesn't come with mechs. Some of us don't really care which is fine to see it different. However, when it gets to page after page of hearing the same complaint over and over it seems to be taken too far by some.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

No the recent releases did not to the best of my knowledge.

#5122 9 years ago

You and others are harping on a few dollar item. I'm pointing out I think it's silly to harp on such a small thing when PPS has offered a lot of cool things/choices that are much more expensive.

One few dollar item indicates to me that expense might have been spared elsewhere when building this machine as well. It was a bad choice not to spend a few dollars more and put the coin mechs in there from a PR standpoint IMO.

#5123 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

One few dollar item indicates to me that expense might have been spared elsewhere when building this machine. It was a bad choice not to spend a few dollars more and put the coin mechs in there from a PR standpoint IMO.

Perhaps but it becomes pretty clear we are a whinny bunch when we harp much more on a mech then we do to the other more expensive items being included. I get stating a disappointment regarding the mechs not coming with it. However, do we really need pages of complaining? You can make a point on a forum without trying to take over a thread. Some have a tough time realizing that.

#5124 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was a bad choice not to spend a few dollars more and put the coin mechs in there from a PR standpoint IMO.

A PR standpoint? It's pinside, it's any PR person's worst case scenario. Grumpy old men looking for something to complain about. Stern does PR right on here by not being on here. They knew they would get torn to shreds.

#5125 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

One few dollar item indicates to me that expense might have been spared elsewhere when building this machine as well. It was a bad choice not to spend a few dollars more and put the coin mechs in there from a PR standpoint IMO.

Even though we said the reason was the international/domestic ordering situation and we didn't want to add the complexity of sorting out specific coin mechs for various countries, which would likely create mfg issues and the decision was made. I really get annoyed when people turn this into something it's not and don't even read the previous posts as to why. Also, I expect a very very small % of these games will ever see a quarter. And if they do I have a very very discounted solution.

It's really disappointing that some people don't want to be informed and then startup again and again, and most often are not customers ...

rick

#5126 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

It's really disappointing that some people don't want to be informed and then start up again and again, and most often are not customers ...

rick

Well put and 100% true.

#5127 9 years ago

I look forward to dropping a couple of quarters in your machine Rick. I would love to play it. I guess that might make me one of your customers. Good luck with the rest!

#5128 9 years ago

Way to go you f'n babies!
Someone making a contribution to the hobby and this is the thanks he gets.. For those bitchin about this topic - what have you done lately for the hobby.. Let it die..

#5129 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

It does come with everything coin related coin box, cover, etc - as I said the mechs were removed to make it more generic to ship around the world. The only thing to do is to pop in the mechs as needed (if needed).
Also, I will have some deeply discounted mechs available (the metal ones) in the next few days to cover this large inconvenience ...
[email protected]

Well said Rick and thank you for the reminder to all....I guess many people missed this post from a few weeks ago.

Now let's all get back to talking about the positives of MMR

#5130 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Even though we said the reason was the international/domestic ordering situation and we didn't want to add the complexity of sorting out specific coin mechs for various countries, which would likely create mfg issues and the decision was made. I really get annoyed when people turn this into something it's not and don't even read the previous posts as to why. Also, I expect a very very small % of these games will ever see a quarter. And if they do I have a very very discounted solution.
It's really disappointing that some people don't want to be informed and then startup again and again, and most often are not customers ...
rick

Enough already with the coin mech talk. We all know the coin mechs are not included as it has been beaten to death, and at this point appears it is being used to divert the discussion away from what the game actually includes.

There are some legitimate questions about the game that I have not seen answers or details about.
Rick, could you answer yes or no as to specific parts to be included in the game? For example, will the game include the 120 volt service outlet, the real knocker, lights for the coin reject buttons, metal apron, and manual?

#5131 9 years ago

Too many different countries and languages. Might create mfg issues. I would guess not.

#5132 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

the real knocker, lights for the coin reject buttons, metal apron, and manual?

Since pictures out there show those, I'd go with yes.

And Rick has repeatedly post his phone number in these threads. Call and ask.

LTG : )

#5133 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

didn't want to add the complexity of sorting out specific coin mechs for various countries

Rick, not being sarcastic just inquisitive. How is adding the coin mechs any more complex then allowing people to pick the color of the trim?

#5134 9 years ago

I am just thrilled beyond words that I am able to purchase a new MM. Like many pinheads it is my grail machine and I thought it just was never gonna happen. I felt it was priced out of my budget when it hit 6k last decade, for worn out routed ones at that. I tried buying one from Wayne and it only frustrated matters more, although I did receive a refund in a timely manner. Still, I was no closer to owning MM than 10 years earlier. Then along came Rick and the huge announcement. I could not believe what I was reading....could it finally be true? It all still seems like a dream and one day (hopefully in the not-too-distant future), I hope to wake up to a truck rolling down my street delivering a very magical box.

Thank you Rick. Thank you so much for making one of my dreams come true. I wish the best for you and all the folks involved in the project and look forward to many exciting new products from PPS.

#5135 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Rick, not being sarcastic just inquisitive. How is adding the coin mechs any more complex then allowing people to pick the color of the trim?

Because for every option you put on anything, you create manufacturing permutations. So, if you have 3 trims, and then 2 or 3 different coin mechs then you have 6 or 9 different build configurations, if you add a glass option then you have 12 or 18 different configurations. Then you have to walk every customer order into the factory and custom build each game - which is what we do not want to do as the opportunity for making mistakes, shipping the wrong game to the wrong customer, shipping the right game with the wrong options to the right customer, etc.

Guys ... I didn't just fall off the turnip truck on this, I have alot of background on this, as well as Stern does, as well as Chicago Gaming does ... most everything is done for a reason (and occasionally things are overdone ...).

rick

#5136 9 years ago

I can also tell you as I was at Stern with Gary, Ray Tanzer, etc and Chicago Gaming with Doug last week ... everyone is working to make this the ' best' game possible, and I am very confident in that.

rick

#5137 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

This allows every used MMR to ever hit the market to be advertised as HUO because we don't get enough of that now.

That or more commonly, fully restored. Now the market will be flooded with NIB MM's... oh the tragedy!

#5138 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

My selfish solution... My 'guess' is that 90% of the pins were sold in the US. Why not include US mechs in all of them and let the 10% swap theirs out if they want/need to? They're going to have to pay for their own mechs anyway.

I agree that most of the pins won't see a quarter dropped in them, so most of the 10% group won't care that it's a US mech. Just a thought.

#5139 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Guys ... I didn't just fall off the turnip truck on this

untitled.pnguntitled.png

#5140 9 years ago

My 'guess' is that 90% of the people don't care at all, and another 9% of the people care so very little.

Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

My 'guess' is that 90% of the pins were sold in the US. Why not include US mechs in all of them and let the 10% swap theirs out if they want/need to? They're going to have to pay for their own mechs anyway.

#5141 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

My 'guess' is that 90% of the people don't care at all, and another 9% of the people care so very little.

math.gifmath.gif
#5142 9 years ago

Ray Tanzer is back at it? That's good to hear......

#5143 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

and most often are not customers ...

I am a PPS customer, and I also purchase parts from BAA and have for several years. As an owner of several older Bally and Williams machines, sometimes I have no choice.

After you explained it a bit, it does sound like a hassle to make too many options on machines that are being shipped worldwide. Too much chance for error.

A reasonable solution IMO would be to include a PPS voucher for any parts that cannot be included with the machine when it ships.

Just a thought...

#5144 9 years ago

Thank god I'm not getting any useless USA coin mechs!

I got 2 with WOZ what a waste of metal.....

Oh and a huge thanks to Rick and PPS for doing this project. Bring on BBBr.

#5145 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

Not really the best response to a lot of people who are perfectly calm about it (but still find issue with the change), but we obviously already see your point.

You can be emotionally disappointed man. It's your right. But this is a commercial product, so the customers, although the may not be "kings", they definitely are the driver of your profits.

#5146 9 years ago

My toddler is disappointed, as he likes to "coin-up", but other than that I can't wait to play my new MM.

#5147 9 years ago

I as a paying customer don't care about the mechs Rick. Thanks for producing MMR and giving us LE buyers so many cool options/features! Can't please everyone but overall your doing a hell of a job.

#5148 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A reasonable solution IMO would be to include a PPS voucher for any parts that cannot be included with the machine when it ships.

And what parts would 'those be' ... you know something I don't ... again, just stirring things ... I'm done on the topic on pinside, if someone wants to call me on the phone and have a long discussion on things. You have my cell #.

Rick

#5149 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

just stirring things ...

Just trying to help, man. In a calm way. I know you have 1000s of orders to fill, so I won't take up any more of your precious time.

#5150 9 years ago

Is this a bad time to ask if a manual with schematics will be included with the game?

Quoted from PPS:

And what parts would 'those be' ... you know something I don't ... again, just stirring things ... I'm done on the topic on pinside, if someone wants to call me on the phone and have a long discussion on things. You have my cell #.

Rick

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.