(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 110.
#5051 9 years ago

Lol, the priniciple of selling both versions at LE prices and not including coin mechs (Stern is a maker of real arcade quality machines correct?) will cost them more business than anything else. Losing $12 vs $8,000+. Hmm.

#5052 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Losing $12 vs $8,000+. Hmm.

So has anybody canceled their MMre over this ?

LTG : )™

#5053 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#5054 9 years ago

I'm a lot more concerned about the production date right now than the coin mechs.

#5055 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

We don't know that. Stern may have bought coin doors with them already installed. ( and some of their games have shipped without, and didn't the TRON LE have single slot door )
Every part supplier out there, Bay Area, Pinball Life, Marco, etc. their doors come without them when you buy them.
And the LE's are coming with better wood for the cabinet bottom, and painted all the way down on the inside, that was a plus.
And this subject has been done to death anyway.

Disappointed, Lloyd. Irrelevant/strawmen points. Except for the last, so not going to discuss anymore.

#5056 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That's not the point, it's the business principle. Take preordering for example. Are a vast majority of owners happy with the preorder model? Heck no, yet people keep shooting hundies at these NIB games. I too am surprised Lloyd is defending this seemlingly cheap stance of PPS on the mechs. For the price of a new car, for crap's sake just ship the $10 coin mechs.

#5057 9 years ago

I have decided to "Drain" this thread even though I have paid in full for my game.

This constant badgering over a $10 coin mech is ridiculous.

To all of you who just cannot let it die, 98% of us buyers could care less about a coin mech....

#5058 9 years ago

Thanks for leaving. Back to civil discussion.

#5059 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Has anybody been "able" to cancel? This is not the point.

With all due respect to you and your reputation, quit sticking up for the missing mech's. Most buying this machine are not operators and yes, mechs can be bought and are cheap. It is a matter of principal. MM sold for about $3k when it first came out. This is an $8,000 clone made 18 years later.

I want a remake that resembles something that was released in 97 excluding licensing issues.

Is this not in the spirit of the whole remake strategy at PPS?

#5060 9 years ago

Cant we all just agree that we got royally screwed for $20 and concentrate on the other $7,980?

Quoted from TVP:

Has anybody been "able" to cancel? This is not the point.

With all due respect to you and your reputation, quit sticking up for the missing mech's. Most buying this machine are not operators and yes, mechs can be bought and are cheap. It is a matter of principal. MM sold for about $3k when it first came out. This is an $8,000 clone made 18 years later.

I want a remake that resembles something that was released in 97 excluding licensing issues.

Is this not in the spirit of the whole remake strategy at PPS?

#5061 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

It is a matter of principal.

ok i know this is both anal and off topic, but this is the fourth time in the last week i've seen this phrase on Pinside and all four times the poster has incorrectly used "principal" when they meant "principle". i try not to be a grammar nazi, but this case seems to be a spreading epidemic.

and now back to your regularly scheduled program...

#5062 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

ok i know this is both anal and off topic, but this is the fourth time in the last week i've seen this phrase on Pinside and all four times the poster has incorrectly used "principal" when they meant "principle". i try not to be a grammar nazi, but this case seems to be a spreading epidemic.
and now back to your regularly scheduled program...

Maybe his kids school is getting one….you never know!

#5063 9 years ago

I think another good software update would be to have a troll bomb champion:
Either the most accumulated troll bombs during the game and/or the most bombs unused at any given time

Quoted from SolarRide:

If this hasn't been posted already, I would recommend the following software updates for MMR:
1) Any progress made on Catapult, Damsel,Joust, and Peasant before Royal Madness started not wiped out after Royal Madness ends as it is in current software
2) Victory Lap killers: Castle mb, Barnyard mb, Multiball Madness will end a victory lap combo that is going when the multiball starts (a new combo will have to be started after the multiball ends if the current ball is still in progress)

#5064 9 years ago

Can we have a choice on the color of the non existent coin mechs? Red, Baby shit green, gold, black? I mean where are the choices?

#5065 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

this is the fourth time in the last week i've seen this phrase on Pinside and all four times the poster has incorrectly used "principal" when they meant "principle".

OMG! Did I do that too?! I hope not!

I'm too "battle worn" to go back and read my own posts to see if I made this same mistake.

#5066 9 years ago

haven't checked in here in a while but personally i'd be pissed if there were no coin mech. i mean, sure, it's probably not necessary, but a pinball doesn't quite look like a pinball without one... whether you like it or not, it's part of the entire aethestic. plus, it's a REMAKE. it should resemble ALL substantial cosmetic aspects of the original machine...

i mean, in all honesty you don't even need to have a back box anymore since all you have is that small ass board in there, right....? may as well get rid of the back box too huh??

this would definitely change my perspective on future remakes... (if there are any)

#5067 9 years ago
Quoted from yotaxi125:

haven't checked in here in a while but personally i'd be pissed if there were no coin mech. i mean, sure, it's probably not necessary, but a pinball doesn't quite look like a pinball without one... whether you like it or not, it's part of the entire aethestic. plus, it's a REMAKE. it should resemble ALL substantial cosmetic aspects of the original machine...
i mean, in all honesty you don't even need to have a back box anymore since all you have is that small ass board in there, right....? may as well get rid of the back box too huh??
this would definitely change my perspective on future remakes... (if there are any)

Huh, you realize the coin mechs are only seen if you open the door? The coin insert/reject is still there. Looks identical from the outside.

#5068 9 years ago

I've bought a few nib sterns however non of them have ever come with a european coin mech. I really don't see the problem?

#5069 9 years ago

Okay guys look the pin is not shipping with the mechs. That's life no matter what you think about it thats the way it is. If it's really that big of a deal to you then don't buy it. If your not buying it then there is really no need to complain non stop about it IMO.

I think they should be included but it is a small cheap thing I can do on my own if I want so I'm not concerned. I just want to be playing my MMR ASAP.

#5070 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Huh, you realize the coin mechs are only seen if you open the door? The coin insert/reject is still there. Looks identical from the outside.

The way these complaints read, I think a lot of people don't get this point.

#5071 9 years ago

Trim color, lack of coin mechs and the grammar police?

I'll tell you what, if these are the worst things we have to worry about with MMr, we'll be just fine.

#5072 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I am not a buyer at this time so I don't have a complaint but I see why some people would want them to be there. Some guys like their game to be complete with coin mechs, coin tray, manuals and even the little bag of spare parts.

#5073 9 years ago

there's a big difference between "manual and bag of spare parts" and a coin mech, though. in a home use environment, the manual and bag of spare parts are useful if not essential.

err, speaking of which ... hey Rick, does this thing come with a manual?

#5074 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

hey Rick, does this thing come with a manual?

For $8k it better be an automatic!

#5075 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

there's a big difference between "manual and bag of spare parts" and a coin mech, though. in a home use environment, the manual and bag of spare parts are useful if not essential.

This allows every used MMR to ever hit the market to be advertised as HUO because we don't get enough of that now.

#5076 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

This allows every used MMR to ever hit the market to be advertised as HUO.

They should qualify as HUO but only if they are still without coin mechs.

I can see it now: "You say this MMrLE has always been HUO, then why does it have coin mechs?"

#5077 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

They should qualify as HUO but only if they are still without coin mechs.
I can see it now: "You say this MMrLE has always been HUO, then why does it have coin mechs?"

"Because it's been HUO since I bought it". .

#5078 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Yes, I am also curious as to what else other than the coin mechs such as the manual is missing.

#5079 9 years ago

I would be embarrassed if I was selling an $8k game to someone I consider a good customer if I chose to cheap out and not include coin mechs. Very simple. I think it hurts a companies reputation more than anything.

#5080 9 years ago

Can we get a kick-starter for coin mechs? Or maybe a coin mech withdrawal support group. I'm sick of reading about them constantly. I'm excited about the pin and future remakes.

#5081 9 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Can we get a kick-starter for coin mechs? Or maybe a coin mech withdrawal support group. I'm sick of reading about them constantly. I'm excited about the pin and future remakes.

Then don't open this thread? Because discussion will continue until it is resolved.

#5082 9 years ago

Crash, you have a good point. And yes I cancelled partially because early on I was not getting solid answers to legitimate questions in regards to an item that was to be one of the highest priced pinball machines ever made. I foresaw issues like this coming. I decided to wait to see exactly what I would be getting, and the funny part is, I still haven't.

#5083 9 years ago

can we at least limit complaints about coin mechs to people who have bought the game? I think the last 5 people who have brought the issue up have been non-buyers (not sure if Crash is in or not, I think he is?)

#5084 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Then don't open this thread? Because discussion will continue until it is resolved.

Seems resolved to me...

Rick said it doesn't come with coin mechs. End of discussion?

ck

#5085 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

can we at least limit complaints about coin mechs to people who have bought the game? I think the last 5 people who have brought the issue up have been non-buyers (not sure if Crash is in or not, I think he is?)

I have every right to complain about a game I havent ordered and dont plan on ordering! Cause this is the internet!!!

How dare Rick try to screw me!!!

#5086 9 years ago

I know someone who is in so basically yeah.

#5087 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

can we at least limit complaints about coin mechs to people who have bought the game?

Why? What about the people that may buy one later? This is an open forum isn't it?

#5088 9 years ago

You forsaw issues like a coin mech not being included and cancelled? Really, a coin mech. Bye bye

#5089 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Why? What about the people that may buy one later? This is an open forum isn't it?

absolutely, of course it is. the subject is just getting a little tiresome is all. seems like we've covered the array of responses at this point, and most of the time it's being brought back up by someone with no invested interest, they're just stirring up drama. but maybe I'm just hungry for new news.

#5090 9 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

You forsaw issues like a coin mech not being included and cancelled?

I foresaw corners being cut. Period.

#5091 9 years ago

Odin Said -" I decided to wait to see exactly what I would be getting"

Hey Odin,
I believe you never had any intention of purchasing a MMRLE.
I checked your pinball wish list . Guess what. It's not on it!

#5092 9 years ago

$1000 says I did.

#5093 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wrong, but you are learning. You are also disqualified from asking questions if you already own the older model. Because obviously anyone like that could have nothing to offer in the discussion and must have an agenda or axe to grind.

Personal attacks should start in three, two, one....

#5094 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

absolutely, of course it is. the subject is just getting a little tiresome is all. seems like we've covered the array of responses at this point. but maybe I'm just hungry for new news.

This. Thread has reached 102 pages and sadly most of the discussion has revolved around trim color and coin mechs. It sucks to sift through a slew of posts repeating the same points just to find a nugget of valuable info.

#5095 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I decided to wait to see exactly what I would be getting, and the funny part is, I still haven't.

Not sure I get the "funny part" part -- is PPS significantly off on their production/shipping estimates?

#5096 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Not sure I get the "funny part" part -- is PPS significantly off on their production/shipping estimates?

I haven't a clue about production. The funny part was after endless requests for high quallty pics and or vids of the finished product before being locked in, none materialized.

#5097 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Wrong, but you are learning. You are also disqualified from asking questions if you already own the older model. Because obviously anyone like that could have nothing to offer in the discussion and must have an agenda or axe to grind.
Personal attacks should start in three, two, one....

image.jpgimage.jpg
#5098 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

This. Thread has reached 102 pages and sadly most of the discussion has revolved around trim color and coin mechs. It sucks to sift through a slew of posts repeating the same points just to find a nugget of valuable info.

Do what I do. Scan the pages for anything Rick says and ignore all the rest.

#5099 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I haven't a clue about production. The funny part was after endless requests for high quallty pics and or vids of the finished product before being locked in, none materialized.

Funny? They had multiple open houses to come play the machine. There was an entire thread of pics and hands on reviews.

#5100 9 years ago

An announcement that the game has entered production would make this thread a lot less silly quickly, hopefully that happens soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.