(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 110.
#5001 9 years ago

Anyone who ordered from JJP/Pinball Sales post your invoice number in this thread I started to keep track of invoice numbers and shipping order.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-ordered-their-mmr-from-pinball-sales-post-your-invoice-number-here

#5002 9 years ago

Okay give the useless posts a rest please and keep it on topic.

#5003 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Anyone who ordered from JJP/Pinball Sales post your invoice number in this thread I started to keep track of invoice numbers and shipping order.

It doesn't sound like invoice number is going to have much of anything to do with shipping order this time. First, there is the fact that they will be produced in bunches based on trim choice. Also, Jack said that priority would be given based on when final payment was made, not the initial deposit. I know I was one of the very first to order, but I seriously doubt that I will be at the front of the queue based on these other considerations.

#5004 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

It doesn't sound like invoice number is going to have much of anything to do with shipping order this time. First, there is the fact that they will be produced in bunches based on trim choice. Also, Jack said that priority would be given based on when final payment was made, not the initial deposit. I know I was one of the very first to order, but I seriously doubt that I will be at the front of the queue based on these other considerations.

While I agree they will ship in batches based on which trim is produced, I do believe the earlier the invoice number, the earlier we'll get our game. My invoice number remains the same as when I sent my deposit as it is since I paid in full.

Let's say they run 100 Black trims followed by 100 Gold trims....The earlier your invoice number the better chance you have of yours shipping before they run the next batch of 100 Black trims.

At least this is the way I see it.

#5005 9 years ago

I'm not to concerned about being in front of the line at all with the rate at which Stern builds pins. We will all have them in short order once production begins. Sorry not trying to sidetrack but rather add a bit of perspective.

#5006 9 years ago

I'm not worried, I know they will ship when ready and we will all have ours soon enough

#5007 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'm not to concerned on being in front of the line at all

I wouldn't want the first NIB ones off the line irregardless of the MFG.

#5008 9 years ago

I know no update means nothing to update, but as we near the end of July production estimate, is there anything to report? Are things on track, late? Anything?

#5009 9 years ago

Rick said in a previous posts they are concentrating on production aspects at this point and they don't read the groups every miute of every day! Sheesh don't you guys listen or read?????? LOL! ROFLMAO!!! Ha how does it feel!!!!

Seriously...spoke to them and batch builds by trim color and then order in which the orders were placed (how they figure that out I'm sure they have a method for this MM....I even asked if I sent full payment in now if that would speed things up and they said yes because they wouldn't have to wait for my funds to clear etc at time of production but didn't tell me it would move me up in the que.

#5010 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Has production really started? I thought they were not going to be shipping until mid 4th quarter.

Wait when was this stated?!?!?!? I thought it was 3rd quarter! It was initially stated 2nd n then got pushed back a month....what did I miss again?

#5011 9 years ago

I hope these games don't take several months to start shipping because many people seem not prepared for such a scenario. It would likely become another total bitchfest.

#5012 9 years ago

3rd, 4th quarter really? Man where do you guys get this stuff?

#5013 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

How's the Subway Diet working for Jared?

I actually laughed out loud on that one! Nice wit!!!
Mike

#5014 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hope these games don't take several months to start shipping because many people seem not prepared for such a scenario. It would likely become another total bitchfest.

And how is that different from what's happening now in this thread?

#5015 9 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

Wait when was this stated?!?!?!? I thought it was 3rd quarter! It was initially stated 2nd n then got pushed back a month....what did I miss again?

I thought I had read Oct-Nov.

#5016 9 years ago

The first batch will ship in August, but not August 1st. Lol.

#5017 9 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

Well, we are in Q3

#5018 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Well, we are in Q3

Q3, Q2, who cares! It will definitely be delivered post haste. The deal breaker for me was waiting to see what the machine actually looks like. I kind of like the PPS logo.

#5019 9 years ago

Since it's all sorted now how about we just wait for the announcement that the first machines are on the line.

#5020 9 years ago

At this point, I hope they delay the builds until after Pinball Expo.

That would give me a chance to see the trim colors up close, to see the LED lighting, experience the flipper strength, and understand any software changes from the original.

A coupon for choice of coin mechanisms, would be reasonable, considering the lack of mechs were not disclosed when my order was placed.

#5021 9 years ago

LOL. What an incredibly selfish post.

#5022 9 years ago

I'm thinking it only makes sense to debut these at Expo considering that it was there they were announced one year earlier.

#5023 9 years ago

In fact I'll pick mine up there.Sound good to you Rick?

#5024 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I'm thinking it only makes sense to debut these at Expo considering that it was there they were announced one year earlier.

After the Tony Stark expo is over.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#5025 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

And how is that different from what's happening now in this thread?

Subtle yet nice, like a bottle of fine wine.

#5026 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

He should probably debut the first physical MM first before talking up AFM.

#5027 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

He should probably debut the first physical MM first before talking up AFM.

Didn't they do that at TPF? And the open houses at Chicago Gaming?

#5028 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Didn't they do that at TPF? And the open houses at Chicago Gaming?

Pre production ones don't count. I'm talking assembly line NIBs to be sent out

#5029 9 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

A coupon for choice of coin mechanisms, would be reasonable, considering the lack of mechs were not disclosed when my order was placed.

Say what? Rick's pulling a Gene and yanking the coinmechs of all things? I could understand Gene's nickel and diming his customers, especially after realizing $4500 wasn't enough to build each BBB... but this lack of mechs on MMR really surprises me. What was the reason given?

#5030 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Say what? Rick's pulling a Gene and yanking the coinmechs of all things? I could understand Gene's nickel and diming his customers, especially after realizing $4500 wasn't enough to build each BBB... but this lack of mechs on MMR really surprises me. What was the reason given?

Streamlining assembly by not having to account for different currencies.

#5031 9 years ago

OMG. Not this shit again.

Quoted from metallik:

#5032 9 years ago

+1 jalpert

Reading is fundamental Or at least you would think it would be

Well at least seeing that beaten like a dead horse a few pages ago.....lol

#5033 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Streamlining assembly by not having to account for different currencies.

So how does Stern manage to do it? Seems like another excuse, but no skin off my back..

Gonna use the EDIT function here So I clicked back thru the numbers to check for myself, and it looks like about 9 full pages of this post deal with coin mechs and associated complaints going back 2 weeks. Not worth digging to find out the excuses... kinda glad I missed it all anyway, and kinda glad we bailed off this train a few stops ago. Carry on!

#5034 9 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

+1 jalpert
Reading is fundamental Or at least you would think it would be
Well at least seeing that beaten like a dead horse a few pages ago.....lol

eh, i don't really blame a guy who's not buying an MMR for not keeping up to date on every little drip of info about it.

#5037 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

.Post 5000, What do I win?

A couple of coin mechs ...

#5038 9 years ago

If the machines will be inspected at Chicago coin after being built at stern, I don't understand why they cant include coin mech's even in the accessory box when they know where the machines are being shipped. This is not rocket science. We want our $20 worth of coin mechs in our $8,000.00 machines.

#5039 9 years ago

Not even that much really.

#5040 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

If the machines will be inspected at Chicago coin after being built at stern, I don't understand why they cant include coin mech's even in the accessory box when they know where the machines are being shipped. This is not rocket science. We want our $20 worth of coin mechs in our $8,000.00 machines.

$15ish x 1000 = $15000ish pure profit. Nice chunk of change to pocket there.

#5041 9 years ago

I don't think the machines will be opened again once they leave Stern. Stern uses that nifty packing system that expands around every game. I doubt they are going to undo that, just to inspect, just to wrap it back up.

Short ride or not, it's going to need a proper back to go from Stern to anywhere.

Once they're sealed at Stern, I'd be surprised if the user wasn't the next person to open it.

Quoted from TVP:

#5042 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't think the machines will be opened again once they leave Stern.

Reported before once assembled they go to Chicago gaming for final inspection, packing, and shipping.

LTG : )™

#5043 9 years ago

I stand corrected

Quoted from LTG:

Reported before once assembled they go to Chicago gaming for final inspection, packing, and shipping.

#5044 9 years ago

The games are being assembled by Stern's employees on Stern's line in Stern's building. One of those employees is trained to install coin mechs (domestic or foreign) into coin doors, and has been doing just that to every game ever built up to this point. There is no reason that employee cannot continue to install mechs into MMR games. All Rick needs to do is tell Stern quantities of each mech needed (foreign/domestic, just like Stern uses), which he certainly ought to know by now. Make a note of the mech type on the box, or hell even a Post-it on the game's coindoor.

This omission just smells of cheapness to me. At least Gene had an excuse; he severely underestimated costs at $4500. You'd think $8K would be enough to cover incidentals like these...

#5045 9 years ago

Maybe we can start a kickstarter for you and get you those coin mechs. $8,000 was cool, but $8,020 is an outrage!

Quoted from metallik:

The games are being assembled by Stern's employees on Stern's line in Stern's building. One of those employees is trained to install coin mechs (domestic or foreign) into coin doors, and has been doing just that to every game ever built up to this point. There is no reason that employee cannot continue to install mechs into MMR games. All Rick needs to do is tell Stern quantities of each mech needed (foreign/domestic, just like Stern uses), which he certainly ought to know by now. Make a note of the mech type on the box, or hell even a Post-it on the game's coindoor.

This omission just smells of cheapness to me. At least Gene had an excuse; he severely underestimated costs at $4500. You'd think $8K would be enough to cover incidentals like these...

#5046 9 years ago

man people who didnt buy MMR are really mad about MMRs lack of coin mechs.

#5047 9 years ago

We got a refund on our MMR a month ago, but thanks for the thought. I'm just very surprised they're not included. Yes, home users don't always need them but bottom line is they're part of the game. The fact that someone, somewhere decided they weren't important enough... well, what else is there that wasn't important enough? Will be interesting to see/play these games in a few months!

Pez, you confuse anger with surprise. Not mad at all, I don't care either way Just an eyebrow-raiser.

#5048 9 years ago

Not the coin mech deal again.
Are we not past that yet?

image.jpgimage.jpg image-979.jpgimage-979.jpg
#5049 9 years ago

I will sell all of you coin mechs and hire Stern employees to fly to you and install them for you in your MM on the day you receive your MM.

All for the low price of $500

#5050 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

One of those employees is trained to install coin mechs

We don't know that. Stern may have bought coin doors with them already installed. ( and some of their games have shipped without, and didn't the Tron LE have single slot door )

Every part supplier out there, Bay Area, Pinball Life, Marco, etc. their doors come without them when you buy them.

And the LE's are coming with better wood for the cabinet bottom, and painted all the way down on the inside, that was a plus.

And this subject has been done to death anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.