(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 213 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5463 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 110.
#1 6 years ago

All ... a few things:

1) PPS have been going thru various game requests/interests/contacts on Monday 10/22 having returned from Expo on Sunday (as you can imagine there are alot), requests for information, etc for LE's. We will be sending an update on the next steps for the process. We have gone thru the Pinball Expo Order Forms, as well as the various Contact and LE Pre-Reserves that we have received over the weekend. The good news is that it looks that although we are very close to our 'allocation' of LE's, that all the requests that we have for LE's fall within the total LE's that we have to offer ... IE we should be good to get you an LE. We will certainly strive to find every missing request if any, etc, but please hang tight until Tuesday.

2) We have queried all of the distributors around the total LE's and the good news is that the math adds up! Total allocated LE's to distributors adds up to 1000. I also expect as we are just a couple of days into the process that they may be some people that do not respond for deposits, or have tried to order from multiple distributors, etc, so there may be some slots opening once the deposit windows close which is generally less than a week for most distributors.

3) Pricing ... we are working closely with all distributors as we are wanting as many of these games at $7995 (not counting any 'special' game # upcharges which are at the discretion of the distributors). While we cannot restrict pricing beyond certain parameters, it is always helpful to have feedback of any wide variations from this. Clearly each country adjusts for various taxes and other fees as required. We really hope that the distributors will keep to that goal of 'fair' price.

4) Game #'s ... we will be starting to handle game number requests now. Game #'s can be requested and there may be an additional fee thru the distributors for these, and more so for 'special' numbers (low #'s, etc). Please contact your MMR distributor for which you ordered the game to see if your number is available. We do not endorse game number transfers between customers, and if we find any instances we may cancel the associated order.

More will be coming soon, there are many topics we will update. Any major questions can be sent to mmr_info@planetarypinball.com as it is difficult to find all the places for MMR posts to read and answer so we will try to consolidate answers (i.e. don't expect a immediate reply).

thanks!

rick@planetarypinball.com

#2 6 years ago

Thanks for the update and also for remaking this title! As you can see from all of the Pinside threads and posts, you've got everyone's attention in the pinball world.

#3 6 years ago

Hi Rick

Is there a New Zealand distributor ?

Regards

Mark

#4 6 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the quick update.

#5 6 years ago

thanks for the update.

#6 6 years ago

We are working thru second wave of distributors which will not have LE's as they sold out so quickly, but will be able to sell Standards. A deposit of $1K will establish a position in the 'build' queue ... fyi.

#7 6 years ago

Rick,

When possible can you please make another post in the PPS forum showing any additional photos of the machine you might have. Thanks for the updates and for bringing back a Williams Classic for all to enjoy.

Mike

#8 6 years ago

Remaking this title has definitely sent shockwaves through the pinside community...hope there will be more titles being remade after this

#9 6 years ago

Any chance you'll be setting up a group mailing or place on your site where we can go to see info related to MMR? Can't say how happy I am that you guys are doing the remake. It's going to be a long winter!

#10 5 years ago

yes, as you can imagine this has been a little bit of a surprise of the reponse ... so we are really busy converting the many 'lists' of people into confirmations of games, and then we will route 'primary' communication to the pinball.com site - either thru blog or something that can be easily managed for updates, FAQ's, etc.

Additionally, we have a bunch of pictures of the game that we 'tried' to get for expo, so of course we will work on getting some of those available as soon as we get the waiting customers sorted out as they are anxious to get in the queue for a game.

thanks for everyone's patience.
rick

#11 5 years ago

Yes, more pictures, please

#12 5 years ago

Great, now if Jack would just get their stuff going and confirm my deposit......that I mailed on saturday....after giving them my debit card number online... =|

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Great, now if Jack would just get their stuff going and confirm my deposit......that I mailed on saturday....after giving them my debit card number online... =|

They are working their way through it. I just got my confirmation of receiving the check and for the LE gold game.

#14 5 years ago

Also, I'm soliciting FAQ Questions (i won't answer them here one at a time, but if you could 'ask' them here that would help me make things more complete).

Just reply here would be great.

thanks,

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Also, I'm soliciting FAQ Questions (i won't answer them here one at a time, but if you could 'ask' them here that would help me make things more complete).
Just reply here would be great.
thanks,

I know many would like to know more details about the gold tone trim. Is it brass, gold, solid, plated, clear coated, etc. So if you could add that the FAQ it would be helpful.

#16 5 years ago

What I would like to know......is AFM the next game??

#17 5 years ago

The #1 question I see is about the insert LEDs. They're not going to be user replaceable, correct? Are they color matched to the inserts? Warm white like the GI?

#18 5 years ago

Rick,
Will the game software be modified to have native shaker support? Any other software changes from the original? thanks

#19 5 years ago

I have some questions. Will try to my best to word them accurately.

1a) ORDER REFUNDS - TIMING: Could you respond on our ability to get a refund of the $1000 deposit. I've heard that the deposit can be fully refunded up until two weeks prior to the game shipping. I have also heard that the deposit is refundable until Williams provides final approval of the game. Will we be informed of the final approval with a grace period or will it be immediate with no ability to request a refund.

1b) ORDER REFUNDS - DESIGN: We do not have a lot of detail yet on the game. As information related to the game is released, will we be able to cancel our order if specific design changes are not to our liking. I've heard there was a period of time when refunds were honoroed by a recent startup. Maybe PPS can do something similar as we come up to speed on the game.

2) ORDER PORTABILITY: Could you respond on our ability to sell our order to another individual. I have no intent of doing this but the question has been raised. It would be good to hear an official response.

3) GOLD TONE TRIM: More detail here would be nice. IE: Brass, gold, plated, clear coated.

4) COLOR DMD: Will we have the ability to add Color DMD to our games? Will it be an easy task or will an aftermarket supplier be required to do something special for this game?

5) SHAKER: Since the original game was not designed to use a shaker, how will the shaker be implimented into the remake?

6) DMD ANIMATION: Will the animations be identical to the original? Will we see any new animations implemented in the remake?

7) SOFTWARE: Will the game software be modified to have native shaker support? Any other software changes from the original?

_8) INSERT LEDS: Are they color matched to the inserts or are the warm white like the GI? Will their brightness or color be adjustable in software? Will they be user replacable?

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What I would like to know......is AFM the next game??

Of coarse it is , go look on PPS site and browse the AFM parts for sale and it is apparent they have been gearing up for a while now .

#21 5 years ago

Great thread. Much needed!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The #1 question I see is about the insert LEDs. They're not going to be user replaceable, correct? Are they color matched to the inserts? Warm white like the GI?

To piggy-back on this question: Will their be software/hardware changes to improve LED performance, ie eliminate ghosting/flicker/strobing for both inserts and GI?

#23 5 years ago

Answer on the LED's - YES, there will be software and hardware changes - this is a native LED architecture, not retrofitted to the existing WMS WPC design ...

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

They are working their way through it. I just got my confirmation of receiving the check and for the LE gold game.

Yeah, and I know I sound grumpy and bitchy in my posts, but I'm really excited about the whole prospect. It's just frustrating to know how early I got in, and now I see people with orders way later than mine getting their actual confirmations, choice of trim, picking their LE numbers, etc...

I know the post office doesn't hand them a stack of mail saying "Oh this guy sent his first, this guy sent his 5 minutes later" etc LOL... I'm just hoping their mail wasn't handed to them in a big ol alphabatized stack or I'm screwed LOL.

#25 5 years ago

DMD Animations will be original currently are monochrome - although with a simple setting you can change the 'color' of the monochrome on the LCD to a bunch of colors (8 I think?). Next up would be the colorization, which will be done and just working on the approach for the art and the timing, etc ...

#26 5 years ago

Will the LE version be able to have the gold/brass wire ramps to match the trim?

#27 5 years ago

of course I said I wouldn't answer questions and I do ... lol

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Of coarse it is , go look on PPS site and browse the AFM parts for sale and it is apparent they have been gearing up for a while now .

Good detective work! I didn't think of that.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Will the LE version be able to have the gold/brass wire ramps to match the trim?

+1 on this....

#30 5 years ago

This is the first time I've ever committed to a pin this expensive.....and I can't wait to see more in the coming weeks/months.

I for one sincerely appreciate the love and effort that obviously is going into this project. The "dream" of having a full line up of previously unobtainable games has me really excited!

.....watching this thread with much anticipation for more.....this is truly an exciting time for us pinheads.

Thanks!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from MSN22:

Hi Rick
Is there a New Zealand distributor ?
Regards
Mark

Be nice to have an allocation of LE's for us kiwi's, was never entertaining the idea of a NIB pin before this became real but will jump on this if an NZ disty is available, RD I'm looking at you? lol.

Also might have to jump all over a NIB B/W A-List line up...sod the Chilton St James school fees .

Cheers

#32 5 years ago

Ordered my LE with Game exchange pretty early Friday. Lots of friends who ordered with Pinball Sales after I ordered have gotten several updates confirming they have an LE. I'm still waiting to get confirmation? I know it must be chaos! JJ with game exchange has been a stand-up guy and that's why I went with him. Guess I just gotta keep waiting.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Ditto inquiry. silver would look dumb against gold trim.

#34 5 years ago

Seems to me gold wireforms for LE folks might go a fair way to keep some from bowing out in favor of a watch-and-wait approach, FWIW.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Seems to me gold wireforms for LE folks might go a fair way to keep some from bowing out in favor of a watch-and-wait approach, FWIW.

My thoughts exactly!

#36 5 years ago

Since we have new boards for driving the game, will you be able to pick the "rom". ex. the newest 1.09 Williams but if you wanted to use the Profanity rom (1.09c unofficial)? Or since it is new you could just throw them all in and have options to choose in menu?

#37 5 years ago

With plenty of room in the back box, what led to the decision to place boards under the PF? I think vibration could be an issue there. And thanks for doing this. MM is a great game.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Same here. I think the LE would look great with gold/brass wire ramps.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

This is the first time I've ever committed to a pin this expensive.....and I can't wait to see more in the coming weeks/months.
I for one sincerely appreciate the love and effort that obviously is going into this project. The "dream" of having a full line up of previously unobtainable games has me really excited!
.....watching this thread with much anticipation for more.....this is truly an exciting time for us pinheads.
Thanks!

Yup, me as well. It's 2.5x the most I've ever paid for a pin and I have several "A" titles (all purchased before the insanity of recent years). It will also be my first NIB purchase.

Jaz

#40 5 years ago

Do we know if the cabinets will be decals or screened?

#41 5 years ago

What about ability to clear coat the cabinets like WOZ is?

#42 5 years ago

Brass/Gold colored ramps were standard on the game - so expect that all the games would have the original color ramps on the game regardless of the trim or the model.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

been reported in other threads as decals

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Brass/Gold colored ramps were standard on the game - so expect that all the games would have the original color ramps on the game regardless of the trim or the model.

AWESOME NEWS. Think some were confused due to the flyer ramps looking to be silver color and not gold.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

He mentioned at the talk they are decals. However it's not using the current decals that are available and they are working on a new set for the MMR to get them as close to the original as possible.

#46 5 years ago

Is Q2 2014 still the target shipping date for LEs?

#47 5 years ago

Does anyone know if these are already sold out ???

Thanks any input would be appreciated.

#48 5 years ago

A cleared cabinet would be awesome, but don't they have to be screened for that? Either way it would be great!

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

of course I said I wouldn't answer questions and I do ... lol

I don't recall reading that you're doing good go on......................

#50 5 years ago

Yes, the flyer is being updated and we will post the pdf for everyone as soon as it's updated in the next couple of days ...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 5463 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside