mmrpfwip.jpg
image-357.jpg
image-768.jpg
th-222.jpeg
image-865.jpg
image-207.jpg
image.jpg
Mirco:CGC.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indianapwns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from JafCo:

First, the playfield registration didn't appear accurate -- rollover switches weren't centered in the graphics, for example.

Umm...screw screen tearing. If this is true - lets get the playfield graphics centered. I thought the majority of playfield had already been created. That makes me freaking nervous. Here's to hoping the graphics are centered and solidly printed.

*wipes sweat*

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Umm...screw screen tearing. If this is true - lets get the playfield graphics centered. I thought the majority of playfield had already been created. That makes me freaking nervous. Here's to hoping the graphics are centered and solidly printed.
*wipes sweat*

Here's what I'm worried about - now granted the file name is "PreProPF" but I would be furious if my machines playfield wasn't aligned properly.

Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 9.07.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-08 at 9.07.35 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 9.07.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-08 at 9.07.31 AM.png MM-PreProPF.jpgMM-PreProPF.jpg
#114 9 years ago
Quoted from JafCo:

This is what the PF looked like on Saturday. Hopefully it was from the same pre_pro run.

The MM's that I've seen in person and nearly every one that you see online is pretty darn centered. Obviously there is a margin of error here that is ok...but I would NOT be ok with that pre-pro playfield. Hope Rick knows that.

#115 9 years ago

There's a big difference between these two. Top is MM original. Bottom is MMR.

image-9.jpgimage-9.jpg 328812.png328812.png
#166 9 years ago

Posted something on the PP forums about it and Rick addressed my concerns. I am good to go.

Can't wait for my MMR!

4 weeks later
#322 9 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

There are people who want the original pressing of Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl & there are people who want a Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs half-speed master pressing of Dark Side of the Moon. The people who want the MFSL pressing are willing to pay $300 for a modern pressing in the highest fidelity possible, the vintage collectors pay $25 for their pressing.
This is nothing new in any hobby. It all comes down to taste. Do you want hi-fi modern electronics and a brand new copy of your favorite title? Or do you want the one you played as a kid? I go either way. I want what I can afford. Having said this, I'm lucky to have a MMr to play on location just three blocks from my house (esp. on cold days like today). It's held up down there for three months or so now and gets played constantly. I've never seen it off. Playfield still looks great, the game still plays snappy, & I really like what Chicago Gaming has done with their LED lighting. Best I've seen on any title, custom or stock. They're bright like LEDs should be but without being overpowering and the tend to twinkle off an on like an incandescent.
You could go to any hobbyist site and there are always TeeKee's harping about the original pressing of things. Hell, I have a $500 original UK mono copy of The Zombies Oddyessy & Oracle on CBS that I picked up for $50. Do you think I'm gonna say that that thing doesn't sound like gold on my handmade Dynaco ST70 reissue? Is it the pressing or the amplifier? Perhaps it the turntable? I dunno.

THIS. THIS. THIS.

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from CAPnT_PPS:

MMR Update from Chicago Gaming Company: 1-12-2015
« on: Today at 05:48:35 PM »
Last week, during Stern’s inbound inspection process, finishing issues were identified with four MMR components. We have returned these items to the related vendors and just received confirmation that rework is being expedited and modified components will be received later this week.
I would like to offer my appreciation to the Stern team for bringing this to our attention. Absent any additional issues, production should commence by Monday (1/19/2014). I hope to soon be able to report an exact date the first units will come off the line.
Report to moderator Logged
Doug Duba
Chicago Gaming Company

Wonderful! That's some great news.

Guys...they are doing this right - we're going to have a gem when these things start shipping! So excited!

#402 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A "joint " effort then.

Mirco:CGC.png 153 KB

Let me just say this right now...

If my machine's playfield is as misaligned as that, it's going back to Chicago.

4 weeks later
#576 9 years ago

...waiting...waiting...waiting...

There have been about 20 times this month I've thought "Wow! Now would be a great time to rack up a few games of MMR." but Alas that's not possible.

Send me my game please...

#578 9 years ago

Did any ship today? Any celebratory pictures?

#587 9 years ago

Has Stern already moved to their new facility or is that another delay we have to take into account?

#589 9 years ago

Any clue on how long the delay will be from the move?

#594 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

was this the Positive MMR Thread?

Was...now there is no such thing. I went from totally satisfied and excited, to disappointed, to bewildered - now I'm just an angry customer. It's simple:

If you ARE going to take forever - keep the customer satisfied by TALKING to them. If that means 3 times a week...then make it 3 times a week. I don't care if it's about a missing screw they are waiting on.

#595 9 years ago

When I was asked for my full payment - I didn't expect a machine the next week, or month for that matter. Now it has just gotten weird.

#597 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...are you serious?

Of course I am. Obviously it shouldn't be that often at the beginning but depending on customer sentiment you should ramp up or slow down.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indianapwns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-positive-updates?tu=indianapwns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.