mmrpfwip.jpg
image-357.jpg
image-768.jpg
th-222.jpeg
image-865.jpg
image-207.jpg
image.jpg
Mirco:CGC.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirkhermans.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#267 9 years ago

Teekee please check Topic Subject "Positive updates''.....

I can only tell you this.... I owned 2 AFM for which i had paid +5000usd and these were not in a perfect even good condition... every month something broke, the saucer lights; strobo or allmost all had a loose target at the Stroke Of Luck.... the wood was all gone there.

Fully restored ones we had to pay +7000usd for them. Since the news of a AFM Re i have never seen so many ppl selling there AFM (mainly from Germany) (restored ones and not restored ones) Even for sale for a couple of weeks and after several price reductions; when 1 year back they were sold after 1 or a few days... good or bad condition didnt matter.

So for me AFM re mostly welcome...
Here in Benelux and Germany many ppl sold there Original MM for the MMre .... just to have a NIB without too much work/problems and with a perfect playfield.

But still there are ppl whom want an original one fully restored and willing to pay +9000usd but these ppl are getting less these days

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

That's why it makes sense more than ever to buy original versus remake. Both are close to the same price now. The original has already taken the hit so you can buy one today and pretty much be at market. You buy your NIB MMr and you've yet to take the hit… once opened and played its just aother $6000-$6500 HUO remake.

Whom told you that the Afm Re would be +7000-7500usd?
If they do it will be no success at all here in EU

Quoted from teekee:

dirkhermans said:
Fully restored ones we had to pay +7000usd for them. Since the news of a AFM Re i have never seen so many ppl selling there AFM (mainly from Germany) (restored ones and not restored ones) Even for sale for a couple of weeks and after several price reductions; when 1 year back they were sold after 1 or a few days... good or bad condition didnt matter.
So for me AFM re mostly welcome...

If you can already buy an original AFM fully restored for $7000 why would you buy a remake for about the same? Makes no sense… MMr only made sense because fully restored MM's were in the 15-17k range. No other title makes sense to remake unless the cost is much less than MMr…
dirkhermans said:
But still there are ppl whom want an original one fully restored and willing to pay +9000usd but these ppl are getting less these days

That's why it makes sense more than ever to buy original versus remake. Both are close to the same price now. The original has already taken the hit so you can buy one today and pretty much be at market. You buy your NIB MMr and you've yet to take the hit… once opened and played its just aother $6000-$6500 HUO remake.

Close to the same price is not correct here for a very fully restored MM you pay at least +11.000usd in EU. I made a conversion mistake usd to euro.... Like i said most ppl here sell there old Original MM with wear, overlay (you have many here with overlays) to have the brand new MMre

#296 9 years ago

Its a stupid discusstion guys...
Positive updates here Only

Why to give negative posts to MMre buyers by Original MM owners... Make really no sense; everybody buys what he wants....

For me it made sense to buy a brand new MMre as i dont want to spend same or higher ammount for a 20year old playfield with wear... and hidden mechanical problems or worn out parts...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirkhermans.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-positive-updates?tu=dirkhermans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.