mmrpfwip.jpg
image-357.jpg
image-768.jpg
th-222.jpeg
image-865.jpg
image-207.jpg
image.jpg
Mirco:CGC.png
There are 608 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.
#351 9 years ago

MMR Update from Chicago Gaming Company: 1-12-2015
« on: Today at 05:48:35 PM »
Last week, during Stern’s inbound inspection process, finishing issues were identified with four MMR components. We have returned these items to the related vendors and just received confirmation that rework is being expedited and modified components will be received later this week.
I would like to offer my appreciation to the Stern team for bringing this to our attention. Absent any additional issues, production should commence by Monday (1/19/2014). I hope to soon be able to report an exact date the first units will come off the line.
Report to moderator Logged
Doug Duba
Chicago Gaming Company

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from CAPnT_PPS:

MMR Update from Chicago Gaming Company: 1-12-2015
« on: Today at 05:48:35 PM »
Last week, during Stern’s inbound inspection process, finishing issues were identified with four MMR components. We have returned these items to the related vendors and just received confirmation that rework is being expedited and modified components will be received later this week.
I would like to offer my appreciation to the Stern team for bringing this to our attention. Absent any additional issues, production should commence by Monday (1/19/2014). I hope to soon be able to report an exact date the first units will come off the line.
Report to moderator Logged
Doug Duba
Chicago Gaming Company

Wonderful! That's some great news.

Guys...they are doing this right - we're going to have a gem when these things start shipping! So excited!

#353 9 years ago

Or maybe monday will be the next update for a new delay. I've been in since day one but now am past the point of excitement and just ready to get my game. Thats already well past the due date.

#354 9 years ago

It looks like Stern has higher quality control standards than those that are bringing them parts. Good to have a true veteran outfit assembling these things.

#355 9 years ago

Does anyone know if MMr will have Stern's new Spike platform?

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Does anyone know if MMr will have Stern's new Spike platform?

No.

MMre will have it's own. A little searching will net you pictures and information.

LTG : )™

#357 9 years ago

Grateful for the update. It's good to know what is happening.

#358 9 years ago

We will ultimately get a great game, but I'm sorry these repeated delays are amateur. They've had over 6 months from the transformer delay to iron out the bugs. By this point, they should be paranoid about what could go wrong and be verifying the quality of parts on in-coming inspection and on assembly testing. CG is obviously in over their head and Stern is helping to pull it together.

#359 9 years ago

Ul testing should have been done long before the announcement.

#360 9 years ago

Hang in there.. Getting close, Chicago Gaming talking for the first time..all good stuff.

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

We will ultimately get a great game, but I'm sorry these repeated delays are amateur. They've had over 6 months from the transformer delay to iron out the bugs. By this point, they should be paranoid about what could go wrong and be verifying the quality of parts on in-coming inspection and on assembly testing. CG is obviously in over their head and Stern is helping to pull it together.

Thank God cg is not assembling these games, can you imagine?

#362 9 years ago

Just curious, this is a first time for all the companies right? Not that stern hasn't made pins (obviously) but this is a new venture and not the norm. My point is that this was likely bound to have a few issues. You guys that have invested have a legitimate right to gripe. You are basically like the first explorers. if they continue to rerelease older titles and possibly other ventures, you guys helped make it happen. I'm hoping one day you'll be able to look back and remember fondly those early days when it was a bit of a pain in the ass and when there was only two pinball companies and a handful of boutiques.

Hope you get your machines soon (also hope we hear of more machines after the first ones arrive at customers doors)

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from Fuse:

Thank God cg is not assembling these games, can you imagine?

Umm, CG is in charge of final inspection and quality control. It's beginning to seem like it would have been better to let Stern do it.

#364 9 years ago

Interesting....now the masses are pleased Stern is involved? Their quality control always in question but now it's "Thank God CGC isn't doing assembly"?

Pinsiders you are a finicky bunch!

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from CAPnT_PPS:

Last week, during Stern’s inbound inspection process, finishing issues were identified with four MMR components.

Quoted from Tkaye:

Interesting....now the masses are pleased Stern is involved? Their quality control always in question but now it's "Thank God CGC isn't doing assembly"?

Well somebody has to make sure all these reproduction parts coming from different vendors all fit together and work. Have you ever tried to hammer a square peg into a round hole?

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Interesting....now the masses are pleased Stern is involved?

Stern's involvement has generally been viewed as a positive the whole time.

#367 9 years ago

Which is great actually, because usually Stern's build quality is sub-par.

#368 9 years ago

Stern is probably happy that they can assemble these and won't have to deal with any warrantee problems or any other issues that arise.

#369 9 years ago

Never had a problem with any Stern in my collection. Can't say they same about any if the others. I know the Sterns are newer and HUO but just saying I have never had a problem.

#370 9 years ago

i had several problems with a Stern NIB pin.
but...
they immediately sent someone out and repaired the problems.

#371 9 years ago

these last two pages have been fun.. did you not see my post 2 days ago on this very irony?

Quoted from flynnibus:

Oh the irony... Game is positioned a launch as quality because it will be built in the same factory as the original and using original wms designs.... Because you know... Stern is bad Qc....
And when it was announced stern would build the games.... Don't worry, it won't have bad stern Qc because every game will be sent to cgc to Qc.... No Fear... No filthy stern...
Yet at the end of the day... It's demonstrated time and time again that stern seems to be the one actually who knows how to do this... And cgc has flopped time and time again.
How long have they been claiming all the parts are on hand and ready? And apparently no one inspected them well enough or maintained inventory well enough to know until that filthy stern group applied their subpar Qc standards and said 'you have a problem'
Stern is looking like the pros here and cgc is coming out looking like chumps. I only hope their sourcing and design of the platform is better managed

#372 9 years ago

Just knowing that Stern is involved with this project makes me rest assured we are going to get an excellent quality pin.

#373 9 years ago

I'm still wondering how anyone blames CGC on this, they had the items and shipped them over where stern tests them before installation, sounds about normal. Glad they caught the problems but why would CGC get the blame? Stuff happens at every company, that's why you check it before installing. I agree that stern looks good here but about as good as they should be. Applauding them for checking product before installing is like me applauding my mechanic when he shows me a dirty oil filter. That's sort of his job. Now if the games show up without issues in customers hands then I'd be praising stern more.

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

Applauding them for checking product before installing is like me applauding my mechanic when he shows me a dirty oil filter. That's sort of his job.

Bad comparison. If you bring a mechanic your own parts to install, he will tell you he is not responsible if they fail later on. Applaud that!

#375 9 years ago

But you get the idea. You always check parts before starting up a project. which is good they did, but it feels more like this type of response is overblown for what Stern did. (Then again I'm sure things getting overblown is common as this is the internet)

#376 9 years ago

I got an email from my distributor saying if my color was being made first I am in the first batch to be shipped. We are getting closer!! BTW I am Stainless so I think I am waiting.

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from drgnlair:

I got an email from my distributor saying if my color was being made first I am in the first batch to be shipped. We are getting closer!! BTW I am Stainless so I think I am waiting.

Gold is supposedly first. I forget whether black or stainless is next.

#378 9 years ago

You always check parts before starting up a project.

I always did. And the only time I ever called a customer that brought me his own parts is if they didn't fit.
Nobody applauded me for that.

#379 9 years ago

Yeah I've worked with a lot of companies in manufacturing and production and this is fairly typical. plus it was stated that the four parts were sent back to vendors for modification. I don't really see how this is a CGC versus Stern issue. To me it's a "building pinballs ain't easy" issue. Which is to say, typical issues found in manufacruing and production. Thank god this isn't something being directly influenced by production or manufacturing in China. With Chinese New Years around the corner theres a whole other series of problems that happen (over there)

#380 9 years ago

Thank god this isn't something being directly influenced by production or manufacturing in China.

Yeah, hate to think those parts that were sent back came from there.

#381 9 years ago

Not so much coming from there, in China its customary for workers to travel home for several weeks to visit family. Once there, they can then make a decision if they'll return to their job or get a new job (which is common) turnover after Chinese new year often leads to delays in production as well as poor quality as new employees are trained.

#382 9 years ago

CNY.jpgCNY.jpg

#383 9 years ago

The first 250 are gold. Got word today

#384 9 years ago

Hopefully my Black Trim will be in the next batch.

#385 9 years ago

I'm still wondering how anyone blames CGC on this, they had the items and shipped them over where stern tests them before installation, sounds about normal. Glad they caught the problems but why would CGC get the blame? Stuff happens at every company, that's why you check it before installing. I agree that stern looks good here but about as good as they should be. Applauding them for checking product before installing is like me applauding my mechanic when he shows me a dirty oil filter. That's sort of his job. Now if the games show up without issues in customers hands then I'd be praising stern more.

Except you forgot cgc was your original mechanic... And he was working on your car for 8 months... And has those parts in his hands for a long time... And only after you pointed out the problem did they realize "oh yeah, that's the wrong part". Oh and during that time they lost your car two or three times.

The game was supposedly production ready for months according to cgc and they were only waiting for the ul issue to be resolved. So did they do the inspection of parts needed as they received them? Apparently not... Since they sent what they thought were good parts to stern only to find the qualified people rejected them. And there is the situation where they tried to send all the parts to stern only to find multiple times parts were missing from what was supposed to be sent.

And all the while cgc obviously had no ability to project plan this properly so they were giving unqualified estimates all long of what would be needed to get through the milestones.

It's amateur hour , meets Groundhog Day

#386 9 years ago

But you get the idea. You always check parts before starting up a project. which is good they did, but it feels more like this type of response is overblown for what Stern did. (Then again I'm sure things getting overblown is common as this is the internet)

No one is blaming stern for checking the parts (it's the right way). They are blaming cgc for failing to do so for all the time they sat on the parts all while cgc was supposed to build it themselves (and be qualified to do so). Point being... Those were errors that could have and should have been fixed long ago ... Before they were shipped to your contractor who rejected them

#387 9 years ago

"finishing issues were identified with four MMR components. We have returned these items to the related vendors and just received confirmation that rework is being expedited and modified components will be received later this week."

Hmmmm, as far as I can tell the only descriptor being used in the announcement was "finishing issues" which could be anything really. If these items sat for any period of time those issues could have arisen in situ. The term modified components could suggest they reworked the items to ensure this doesn't happen again. At any rate, I wouldn't be too quick to grab torches and storm the castle just yet. Let's just be glad it's been identified and hope they carry this lesson onto the next set of machines

#388 9 years ago

My guess is that Stern took the parts that were given and found that they could not assemble it. I don't think they would have been very concerned if the parts had all fit together. After all they are only being paid to assemble these machines.

#389 9 years ago

Hmmmm, as far as I can tell the only descriptor being used in the announcement was "finishing issues" which could be anything really

Nice selective reading.. and all the updates prior to that update? What about those? Enough problems to get to the point where even Rick lost his cool over the handling of it?

You don't even need to be following since 2013 to get the vibe.. just look at the updates since Nov till now and see if that really sounds like someone organized and competent to run this production. Luckily they realized that themselves and opt'd to contract out the actual assembly before they dug themselves even further.

#390 9 years ago

I seriously doubt anyone sat on parts for months while the UL approval was ongoing. They probably selected the parts and vendors, but didn't actually place the order until last minute. No company wants to tie money down for period of time

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

No company wants to tie money down for period of time

Yea they are way smarter than us preorder guys

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

noone wants inventory sitting ...

#393 9 years ago

Wouldn't the MMr parts be coming from PPS? And why are they not up to Williams standard ?

#394 9 years ago

Another possibility is that the playfields were drilled wrong. I have watched a video where Chris Hutchins had to modify a replacement MM playfield to make it work in an existing game.
So instead of replacing all the playfields maybe they decided to modify the parts that wouldn't fit.

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Another possibility is that the playfields were drilled wrong. I have watched a video where Chris Hutchins had to modify a replacement MM playfield to make it work in an existing game.
So instead of replacing all the playfields maybe they decided to modify the parts that wouldn't fit.

That must be it

#396 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Nice selective reading.. and all the updates prior to that update? What about those? Enough problems to get to the point where even Rick lost his cool over the handling of it?
You don't even need to be following since 2013 to get the vibe.. just look at the updates since Nov till now and see if that really sounds like someone organized and competent to run this production. Luckily they realized that themselves and opt'd to contract out the actual assembly before they dug themselves even further.

Actually I did read through all the posts I could (both here and on their site) at no time did I see any real issues aside from what is normal for this type of manufacturing process. If anything the updates from June last year and August show typical procedures and that lasts were in as of August. But it was nice to spend a bit of time and read through it again. It makes me appreciate the amount of work going into this project. And for the record I doubt CGC ever intended to manufacture the whole game themselves, just read their Q & A in regards to it.

I know people are getting antsy for the game but this is literally a brand new process happening right now. They'll be out soon and once that happens people will be able to appreciate it more. Seriosuly if you haven't been apart of a manufacturing process you have no clue. If anything I found the updates very informative...

#397 9 years ago

Let's just make sure that noone thinks Odin posts are irrelevant. Because that wouldn't be very positive.

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That was an ipb playfield, not Mirco's. Mirco's is near spot on. At least it was in my experience when I swapped one into an original MM.

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

That was an ipb playfield, not Mirco's.

So this will be a Mirco, not an IPB, CGC, PPS, or Williams. Thanks for clearing that up. Didn't Mirco use two different shades of purple?

#400 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So this will be a Mirco,

CGC is using Mirco's art work.

LTG : )™

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.99
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 608 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-positive-updates/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.