Topic Stats

• 608 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 49 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SeriousYahoo.jpeg
n_27032_4.jpg
th-697.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
MMr at Expo.jpg
th-4.jpeg
th-1-239.jpeg
mmrpfwip.jpg
image-357.jpg
image-768.jpg
th-222.jpeg
image-865.jpg
image-207.jpg
image.jpg
Mirco:CGC.png

There are 608 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.
#151 4 years ago

On the topic of playfield printing, if you want perfect registration I'd suggest going to pin printing, which is well suited to a routed playfield!

Two holes at the bottom of the playfield where they're not visible, added during the CNC process, would solve this issue. The press then would have two locating pins on the print surface - plop the playfield on the pins, perfect registration every time.

Anyway, back to arguing about nothing.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

it's possible for variations in positions to creep in during the process.

If that was the case, wouldn't it move the entire screen to the left or the right? On this MMr it looks as if the artwork is too far left on the left side and too far right on the right side. That or the holes are wrong.
I have looked at an original, and the lower holes are not centered, but it is a proportional offset on both sides, The uppers are centered and nowhere does the hole cut to the edge

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

None of the inlanes or outlanes that you would actually see?

nothing I can find in old folders but either way, they were all identicaly registered and aligned. If the alignment was good at the back of the pf then if was just as good at the front (where they actually line up the screens fro pulling).

#154 4 years ago

Not necessarily true.

Quoted from Whysnow:

If the alignment was good at the back of the pf then if was just as good at the front (where they actually line up the screens fro pulling).

#155 4 years ago

Here is an original MM playfield. I borrowed this from a friend. Note the slight offset on the lower holes, and the centered upper hole.

133132.jpg

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not necessarily true.

Actually it is true because I am telling you it is. My MM had perfect alignment and I even provided a photo showing it.

I hope your MMr also comes with perfect alignment.

#157 4 years ago

You responded to the wrong message. Not necessarily true that decent alignment at the top means it's lined up perfectly at the bottom. It's just not true, look up 2 posts at odin's post.

The F looks like the PF was screened a little too far left, and the E looks like the PF was screened a little too far right.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Actually it is true because I am telling you it is. My MM had perfect alignment and I even provided a photo showing it.

I hope your MMr also comes with perfect alignment.

Quoted from Whysnow:

If the alignment was good at the back of the pf then if was just as good at the front (where they actually line up the screens fro pulling).

Apparently it's not wrong, it's margin of error.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not necessarily true that decent alignment at the top means it's lined up perfectly at the bottom. It's just not true

As weird as it sounds, this is definitely true.

#159 4 years ago

I'm guessing the process that cuts the holes in the play field has a margin of error similar to the process that screens the play fields.

But that's just a guess on how it can go one way or the other.

Quoted from RobT:

As weird as it sounds, this is definitely true.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

... I think I read somewhere that MMr is using Mirco's artwork.

32_G.sized.jpg 37 KB

And where do you think Mirco is getting their artwork from ? Probably an official Williams license provider, like PPS, no ?

This MMR thread is becoming a joke, like the previous ones by the way...

#161 4 years ago

Rick posted a thorough response addressing this issue on the MMR forum. Keep calm and carry on folks.

#162 4 years ago

I dunno. Maybe everything has already been said already and the damn game just needs to come out at this point. The game will speak for itself once it's released.

Quoted from Leo13:

This MMR thread is becoming a joke, like the previous ones by the way...

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Rick posted a thorough response addressing this issue on the MMR forum. Keep calm and carry on folks.

Sounds like Stern is doing a final QA/QC before installing playfields, but that there's going to be some degree of variation in alignment due to the screen printing process CGC is using.

#164 4 years ago

Isn't that part of the test games initially being on location ? For stuff just like this which Rick / PPS has (outside of coin mechs) really RICKtified... any ways I'm not really worried MMR has gotten a phenomenally positive overall response thus far. (From PPS ,Tx show, expo in Chicago , DPO, Logans , & most recently BAA) I just want my game already. But if waiting a bit longer for my MMRLE means it's going to be that much more perfect I suppose... But my patients are running thin at this point, I saw this thread had like 55 responses since I last checked I got really excited only to see mainly bickering.

#165 4 years ago

Love it!

Quoted from mrclean:

my patients are running thin at this point

How is this bad news (unless you're Jenny Craig)?

#166 4 years ago

Posted something on the PP forums about it and Rick addressed my concerns. I am good to go.

Can't wait for my MMR!

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Here's what I'm worried about - now granted the file name is "PreProPF" but I would be furious if my machines playfield wasn't aligned properly.

Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 9.07.3... 159 KB

Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 9.07.3... 153 KB

MM-PreProPF.jpg 450 KB

Middle picture... noone mentioned how missaligned the actual switch is in the slot. My ocd would kick in and have to fix that...

Rick

#168 4 years ago

Oh and when i saw 50 some updates to this thread in the last day i was expecting a production update or that someone actually got their machine... Guess not. Hehe

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

yeah, seems like the only people harping on this are the usual gaggle of MMR-obsessed MM owners.

LMAO...... Who is obsessed and has to defend every MMr thread

Jalpert in .......3....2...1....

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

So did production start yet?

I missed the "Production has begun" photo. Note there was a slight time lag from the screenshot of another famous pin manufacturer until the first customer shipment.

production started.jpg

#171 4 years ago

I see the familiar "x+2" formula there....

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

noone mentioned how missaligned the actual switch is in the slot. My ocd would kick in and have to fix that..

noone.jpeg

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

noone.jpeg 8 KB

Somethin' tells me I'm into somethin' good.....

#174 4 years ago

Getting back to the thread topic, I was in the San Jose area for client meetings today and my afternoon appointment cancelled so I emailed Rick to see if I could stop by BAA and play the MMr. I have only played a couple of original MMs, but the MMr seemed to play just like what I had expereienced on the originals. It looked very nice (even with the gold trim). I would accept delivery of the one I played and be happy with it (I have a fully paid up pre-order with JJP).

#175 4 years ago

Well with Stern guys upset with walking dead premium and Dutch Pinballs mess ! Maybe guys will give pps bullshit a rest ! It could always be worse .What's a couple months ?

#176 4 years ago

i'm glad they are taking their time. for me... quality over speed on this one

#177 4 years ago

I have not complained about the delays - I would simply like to know what's going on. The last updat was 11 days ago, they had UL approval. You would think there would be an update. Given the way people have had issues prior with WOZ waiting and now TBLE. I would be over communicating if it was me, really try to make my customers feel at ease..

#178 4 years ago

I think we're out of the woods when the game hits the line and they're producing games at a sustained rate.

Hopefully they can do 100 games per week at Stern...

Quoted from whitey:

Well with Stern guys upset with Walking Dead premium and Dutch Pinballs mess ! Maybe guys will give pps bullshit a rest ! It could always be worse .What's a couple months ?

#179 4 years ago

MMr is being built at the Stern factory.Is this correct?

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

image.jpg

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

No, not correct… just a few MMr cabinets lying around. Nothing being built at Stern factory right now expect Stern pins.

#182 4 years ago

Since this thread is about positive updates I'll add mine.

I've become 100% positive that I will not have my MMr in 2014. I'd be OK with that if there was any communication, but I'm also positive that poor communication will continue.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No, not correct… just a few MMr cabinets lying around. Nothing being built at Stern factory right now expect Stern pins.

Hey dude whats up!!??!!!

Is stern moving their factory?

#184 4 years ago

Cmon man he is just cracking a good joke about them not actually being built yet vs to be built

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

I have not complained about the delays - I would simply like to know what's going on. The last updat was 11 days ago, they had UL approval. You would think there would be an update. Given the way people have had issues prior with WOZ waiting and now TBLE. I would be over communicating if it was me, really try to make my customers feel at ease..

This is what people that actually care about the customers and how they are perceived do. I hope this game is rock solid as I have serious concerns about customer service and warranty issues based on how this process has went. I know my distributor will do everything he can do on support on his side so hopefully it will all work out.

It's a sad day when I have to admit that I should have listened to Teekee's posts and just bought an original. I could already be tired of the thing in the time that I've been waiting for the remake.

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I should have listened to Teekee's posts

Man, if I had a dollar for every time I heard this…

#187 4 years ago

There aren't many positive updates in this mmr positive updates thread

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

There aren't many positive updates in this mmr positive updates thread

Well, to be honest, There aren't many positive updates in any thread...

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Man, if I had a dollar for every time I heard this…

...I'd buy myself a happy meal.

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Well, to be honest, There aren't many positive updates in any thread...

Check Spooky pinball threads...plenty of positive updates my friend.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not necessarily true that decent alignment at the top means it's lined up perfectly at the bottom.

This is definitely possible.

To get ink on the surface, you use a frame that has a special fabric stretched across it very tightly that has a specific thread count - the higher the count the more detail you get.

The image you're printing is burned into the fabric after it has been coated with a light-sensitive chemical that hardens with UV light. After using your film positive to burn the image in place, you wash out all the places that aren't hard. So, the ink you press on the screen goes through to the surface.

peOeGrsFWEJRljUut0k4JvLneaS7dNb8.jpg

The reason you might get a misalignment at the top but not at the bottom has to do with screen stretch, as well as offset - if the screen is slightly higher off the surface of the playfield at the back than the front, it'll change slightly where the ink ends up. So even if registration is perfect, there might be misalignment with holes in the playfield.

You can see the exact press they use in this photo:

235033-i.jpg

It's a manual one-arm press, with the screen (the aluminum frame under that cardboard) being attached to the hinge (where the hand knobs are) at the side of the playfield surface (towards the back of the table), so having variable offset on the other side is quite likely.

As you can see, it's a process that hasn't changed much in the last 70 years!

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

...I'd buy myself a happy meal.

yes but what would you do with the other few grand?

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

yes but what would you do with the other few grand?

Other few grand? There was only one comment. I think you only heard an echo....an echo....an ech....an ec...

#194 4 years ago

I have a positive MMR update for today to share...

...got my MMRLE Topper

MMRLE-topper-1.jpg

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I have a positive MMR update for today to share...
...got my MMRLE Topper MMRLE-topper-1.jpg 269 KB

I think I need to order one of these.

#196 4 years ago

It's a great topper. Joe did an amazing job on it, mine came in last week. Just need an MMr to put it on now.

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

I think I need to order one of these.

Maybe they will throw in a free topper for anyone who ordered a LE!!!!!!!!

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

Maybe they will throw in a free topper for anyone who ordered a LE!!!!!!!!

If they aren't sending $14 in coin mechs for free, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they aren't going to include a $250 topper either.

#199 4 years ago

I can't recall if I had read this before or if the question was asked but do we get a coin box despite no coin mechs? Not that I've ever put a quarter through my games ever but you have to laugh at the irony if that's the case. I'm so fatigued and burned out on this that jfh doesn't even bother me anymore.

Afterthought edit: of course you get a coin box because they aren't denomination specific. Talking myself out of frustration means I've hit bottom.

#200 4 years ago

Yes, coin box is included, according to a previous answer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 16.00
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
There are 608 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside