mmrpfwip.jpg
image-357.jpg
image-768.jpg
th-222.jpeg
image-865.jpg
image-207.jpg
image.jpg
Mirco:CGC.png
There are 608 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Every MMR thread is a positive one, for me at least.

Quoted from Crash:

Yep, love that ignore feature.

Nice, it appears you both are more wise than I. That screen shot made me laugh out loud, I missed it the first time through. Well played!

#52 9 years ago

Hey whitey, Joe does have a new topper for MMR. It's in another thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-laseriffic-mm-topper-pic-vid

#54 9 years ago

Got all the Pingraffix stuff. Now all I need is the machine!
Go Rick Go!

#55 9 years ago

I'm wondering if the lightning plexiglass backboard and led strip or interactive lighting kit from Pinball Decals Inc. will work with MMR. It's my favorite MM mod I've seen, but those PinGraffix blades and apron look nice too.

#56 9 years ago

Goner, I saw that and put in an email (order) with Joe.I just .He also did a custom topper for a Bad Cats that was restored. 20140821_190818.jpg20140821_190818.jpg.Thanks for the heads up.I thought about pin graffix but was wondering where the (collectors) plaque was going to go ?

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Teek, you used to be so cool on RGP. No, wait; you weren't.
But, this ain't about any ONE Pinsider. Can't wait til you patient folks get your well deserved MMR's!
Awesome sauce!

How about us patient folks waiting for well deserved refunds? Do you hope they come too?

#58 9 years ago

Played MMr on The Dutch Pinball Open event ..

Other then the flipper-strength (was a little weaker), which probably can be adjusted, it played great!

So hang in there guys, be patient, you will be happy

(Also if you are into toppers.... consider the Tilt-topper, http://tilttopper.webs.com/, looks great on MM(r) )

MM-tilttopper02.JPGMM-tilttopper02.JPG
#59 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

How about us patient folks waiting for well deserved refunds? Do you hope they come too?

No, you guys don't count...

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from huddyrx:

I'm wondering if the lightning plexiglass backboard and led strip or interactive lighting kit from Pinball Decals Inc. will work with MMR. It's my favorite MM mod I've seen, but those PinGraffix blades and apron look nice too.

Who sells the lighted plex MM back board mod?

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Who sells the lighted plex MM back board mod?

Pinball Decals Inc. Here is the link about 3/4 down the page: http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/MM_Page.html

I sent an email asking and he said he thinks that it should work, but isn't positive since they have changed the way the machine was originally built. I may go ahead and buy one and hope for best.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Played MMr on The Dutch Pinball Open event ..
Other then the flipper-strength (was a little weaker), which probably can be adjusted, it played great!
So hang in there guys, be patient, you will be happy
(Also if you are into toppers.... consider the Tilt-topper, http://tilttopper.webs.com/, looks great on MM(r) )

MM-tilttopper02.JPG 251 KB

IMO that topper would look much better on the arcade game "Satans Hollow"... Also got pics and vids of MMRLE at DPO ? Rick's last post on the PPS Forum said he would be providing those... figured if other people got em; post em.
satan_a.jpgsatan_a.jpg

#63 9 years ago

Sorry misunderstood.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No, you guys don't count...

Hey! Teeks and I agree! I'm feeling like I don't count!

#65 9 years ago

Today's news were very positive, UL approval was granted and production should start in a couple of weeks

#66 9 years ago

Sweet, any chance MMR buyers can vote for next title ? CCR

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

i vote Mousin' Around LE!!!

seriously though, it would be cool to see some old system 11s .. never gonna happen, but it would be cool...

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Sure Will need a deposit first

#69 9 years ago

There are 3 working machines here at IAAPA in Orlando. That's positive! And they look good also.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Mrjamma:

There are 3 working machines here at IAAPA in Orlando. That's positive! And they look good also.

Post vids and pics bro

#71 9 years ago

I posted a slew of pictures - mostly of trim options of all 3 games at Expo in October... Feel free to go check them out on our Facebook page... Enjoy...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/PinballSTAR-Amusements/281515171950637

We are distributors for MMR and I do have some MMR LE's available as well if anyone is interested...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Authorized Planetary Pinabll Distributor
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#72 9 years ago

Joe ? Do you know if the trim is made to be easily removed as talked about way back ?

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Joe ? Do you know if the trim is made to be easily removed as talked about way back ?

Rick reported a while back that the trim will still be glued on like the original game. But the artwork will not extend up under the trim so it should be easier to remove it without damage.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Got all the Pingraffix stuff. Now all I need is the machine!
Go Rick Go!

Me too (Can't wait to install PinBlades and PinApron on it) Just need the machine

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Me too (Can't wait to install PinBlades and PinApron on it) Just need the machine

Me too, and I have no. 1!

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

Me too, and I have no. 1!

Yes you do! I only have the prototype

#77 9 years ago

Ha! Got me.

#78 9 years ago

Good for you, got pre-proto

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Good for you, got pre-proto

.. Can you order the white-wood?

#80 9 years ago

I am still waiting on my pinblades.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I am still waiting on my pinblades.

i've had the gold pinblades for 1 year, since Black Friday 2013

#82 9 years ago

Here is an Arcade Heroes video of MMR.

#83 9 years ago

Thanks for the vid. Interesting that he said they were going to ship "December 2014" like it's official. We all could have guessed considering how close it is, but it's nice to hear it anyway.

Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Here is an Arcade Heroes video of MMR.

#84 9 years ago

Why would someone give me a thumbs down for me buying an MMR mod 1 year in advance when it was on sale ?

I thought this was the "positive" thread?

Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 9.04.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-11-28 at 9.04.45 AM.png

#85 9 years ago

Yesterdays update was positive, I'm going to guess that production line will start running on Wednesday.

#86 9 years ago

We're a matter of days before production starts at this point... I'm sure it's going to take a few days for Stern to inventory all the incoming parts being received, but it's something they have to do given that they are not the ones with their name on the product... As the manufacturer, Stern will ultimately be responsible for any shrinkage... Maybe things get going by Wed (12/3) but I'd bet it'll be the following Mon (12/8) at best... With the games being sent to Chicago Gaming, I really don't see any shipping before Christmas... I honestly hope I'm wrong but I feel like this is realistic...

#87 9 years ago

Still unbelievable that I'm getting a NIB MM.

#88 9 years ago

Positive Update...Played a bunch last week, and the Game blew me away!

Your patience will be rewarded, with a game that is truly outstanding!

#89 9 years ago

Just heard that MMR would be part of the side tournament at PPS this Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1493657824247575/

#90 9 years ago

Anyone get to play at BAA yesterday? Anyone know if it is available for play today?

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

Anyone get to play at BAA yesterday? Anyone know if it is available for play today?

I wanted to go & check it out but I work Saturdays , hopefully we get some feedback.

#92 9 years ago

Played it yesterday at BAA. Played great. Looked good -- gold trim. I feel like calling my distributor and changing from black to gold now, actually.

My best guess is that this is one of the sample machines that has been bouncing around, but I can't be sure. A couple of items that are concerning, but which I hope would be fixed by production.

First, the playfield registration didn't appear accurate -- rollover switches weren't centered in the graphics, for example.

Second, during times of rapid animation, I saw screen tearing on the display. Asked Rick about it, and he didn't have much to say other than, "we'll have to see if that's something they can address" or similar wording.

Personally, the second is much more troubling than the first -- as I know that playfield art can be spotted and fixed. But if there is some fundamental incompatibility between the display driver and the graphics system on the new board set, we might be stuck with tearing screens.

#93 9 years ago

Was it the same machine that was at expo? If so, then those were known and should be fixed at final product.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Was it the same machine that was at expo? If so, then those were known and should be fixed at final product.

Not sure -- I neglected to ask where that machine had previously been.

But the gameplay was fantastic. Strong flippers (were set in the diagnostic menu at +2), nice LEDs, good feeds, etc.

#95 9 years ago

Thanks jafco! Any idea if it is available today?

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from JafCo:

Second, during times of rapid animation, I saw screen tearing on the display. Asked Rick about it, and he didn't have much to say other than, "we'll have to see if that's something they can address" or similar wording.
Personally, the second is much more troubling than the first -- as I know that playfield art can be spotted and fixed. But if there is some fundamental incompatibility between the display driver and the graphics system on the new board set, we might be stuck with tearing screens.

hola...

i'm one of the world's top graphics software experts. built original graphics engines for Sony PlayStation, 3DO, PC, Mac, DOS, Windows, custom VR systems, smartphone, etc...
Intel tried to snag me to design their first 3D graphics chipset.

If this still exists in R&D, I'd like to volunteer my services to resolve this tearing issue for MMR/LE and other future PPS pins that use this tech. If it isn't being fixed, it is because it is scary hard, even if they've backed themselves into a corner with hardware choices... but I have the answers.

PM me here for a solution.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

Thanks jafco! Any idea if it is available today?

Sorry, no idea. I have a vague recollection that they are typically not open on Sundays. But you might give PPS/BAA a ring to verify.

#98 9 years ago

Wow Labnip! What a generous offer that could really be very valuable to all of us MMr enthusiasts. Thank You!

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

PM me here for a solution.

Why not get in touch with Doug at Chicago Gaming?

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from JafCo:

Not sure -- I neglected to ask where that machine had previously been.
But the gameplay was fantastic. Strong flippers (were set in the diagnostic menu at +2), nice LEDs, good feeds, etc.

I helped Rick set the game up Friday. We guessed at the leveler height (all the way up in front, 2/3 down in back) and figured we just about nailed it after we played a few balls. Then we put the digital level on it and found the pitch was about 7.8 degrees. We leveled it and got it down to 7.5 degrees and it still played sweet with the flippers on default settings, so we left it steep. Early on, someone said they had trouble making the final right ramp shot, so we bumped it up to +2. The guy (a good friend and member here) told me later it may have just been his aim, rather than coil strength. We left it anyway.

Even at 7.8 degrees and default flipper settings, you could easily hit either ramp. This game is going to be stupid easy at 6.5 degrees pitch (recommended in the manual), just like the original. Playing it reminded me of why they were so popular when new. They were easy (and fun).

The game got a credit dot early. It was the upper catapult switch. Not enough people were nailing that shot. Before the mini tourney, everyone was kind of feeling it out. Just batting the ball around. Not going for high scores, which is why it got the credit dot. We manually hit the switch a couple of times and the credit dot disappeared for the rest of the day. They've even duplicated the down side of WPC. Credit dots for poor play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 608 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-positive-updates/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.