mmrpfwip.jpg
image-357.jpg
image-768.jpg
th-222.jpeg
image-865.jpg
image-207.jpg
image.jpg
Mirco:CGC.png
There are 608 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.
#501 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Flight is booked for monday to head out to Chicago CGC/Stern to bless the first games ... I'm bringing the all important holograms ...
yay!
rick

When will we see pictures? Monday afternoon/evening?

#502 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Forget AFM and do a CC next!!!

YES !! I will take #24 to match my MMR

#503 9 years ago

Mon/Tues I should have pictures ...

rick

#504 9 years ago

PPS, Can we hope to see other A-list releases in the future or will MMr be the only one?

#505 9 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

PPS, Can we hope to see other A-list releases in the future or will MMr be the only one?

There will be more.

#506 9 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Holograms for what? Maybe I missed something earlier. Is this a hologram for cftbl?
Ck

Quoted from Coyote:

Okay, I'm going to show my ignorance.. What 'hologram'?

The "Official Licensed Product" hologram stickers.

#507 9 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

This thread is only mmr, so I cannot comment

#508 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

This thread is only mmr, so I cannot comment

No problem! Can we start a new thread and talk about it?

#509 9 years ago

Not likely ... we learned our lesson!

#510 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Mon/Tues I should have pictures ...
rick

Pictures?

THx!

#511 9 years ago

They are posted on the PPS forum. Not permitted to copy and post them here.

#512 9 years ago

HOT DAMN!!!!

CANNOT WAIT!!!!

#513 9 years ago

Whats hiding in the boxes in the background!

mmrpfwip.jpgmmrpfwip.jpg
#514 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Probably something that's none of anyone's business. But that could mean anything in current production.

I guess you missed the note from Rick where he said sending links to the forum/pics was fine but asked (nicely) not to copy the pictures.

I don't necessary like that last part, but I absolutely respect his right to make this request. And can't imagine he'll be willing to share more in the future if people can't follow it.

#515 9 years ago

OT: I wonder way those Stern boxes are redacted in the photo? If they had a new game coming to market that we didn't already know about it wouldn't already be boxed up and ready to ship, would it?

#516 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OT: I wonder way those Stern boxes are redacted in the photo? If they had a new game coming to market that we didn't already know about it wouldn't already be boxed up and ready to ship, would it?

The simplest explanation is that Rick respects Stern's privacy and doesn't want to share any info about their business unrelated to the MMR project.

#517 9 years ago

More likely old unsold mustang LEs

#518 9 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

The simplest explanation is that Rick respect's Stern's privacy and doesn't want to share any info about their business unrelated to the MMR project.

10-4

#519 9 years ago

How does someone not get that posting that will just choke up any more information. Yay you leaked a pic . Enjoy it since they will now clamp down even more . Doh!

#520 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

How does someone not get that posting that will just choke up any more information. Yay you leaked a pic . Enjoy it since they will now clamp down even more . Doh!

That's just them being dumb. It's not going to do them any good to "just clamp down more". How would that help them get people excited and sell more games? It doesn't.

Not posting pics of MMr on the line on Pinside is a complete slap in the face to the members here.

I can't even fathom how people think that this is perfectly fine and acceptable behavior. It's beyond absurd. But I guess when people have invested money in the pin, they have to think everything about it and the company selling it are cool and can do no wrong.

It's amazing to me that someone who posts pics of MMr actually on the line (I.e. POSITIVE UPDATE!) gets a bunch of thumbs downs for doing so.

#521 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not posting pics of MMr on the line on Pinside is a complete slap in the face to the members here.

Yup, especially since there are a lot of people here interested in MMR that don't have/want accounts on the PPS site.

Quoted from RobT:

I can't even fathom how people think that this is perfectly fine and acceptable behavior. It's beyond absurd.

Absolutely. It's a control thing, especially the attempt to prevent copying of pictures on the Internet. Makes no sense to do anything that would potentially dampen the interest of not only customers, but potential customers.

Quoted from RobT:

But I guess when people have invested money in the pin, they have to think everything about it and the company selling it are cool and can do no wrong.

Sadly, this seems to be very true. Absolutely mind boggling. Even Rick apparently believes needs to be true, since he doesn't understand how anyone with issues during the process could ever want a game.

I'm very glad to see that people who have waited so patiently will have their games in a few weeks, but the attempt to control the pictures doesn't give me any confidence that Rick has learned anything regarding communication and customer relations in the last year or that we can really expect change for the better going forward.

#522 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm very glad to see that people who have waited so patiently will have their games in a few weeks.

Thanks.

#523 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Might be some Mustangs rebadged as Fast/Furious 7's

#524 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's amazing to me that someone who posts pics of MMr actually on the line (I.e. POSITIVE UPDATE!) gets a bunch of thumbs downs for doing so.

Do I want them here. Yes. Did Rick post them and ask that they not get copied and pasted. Yes. As a guest on his forum I respect the rules...sort of.
Its more so knowing how people are. It does not take much to figure out if you mess it up his simple fix is not post anything.
Just like Stern no one has to do anything but make the game and then put it put it out there, But we have to know who wiped there arse at 10:15 and whats for lunch before a screw gets turned every other minute. Guilty by the way and maybe realizing its bit over the top now.

#525 9 years ago

If he didn't think the photos would be here five seconds later, he's deluded. Borderline idiotic.

#526 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's just them being dumb. It's not going to do them any good to "just clamp down more". How would that help them get people excited and sell more games? It doesn't.
I can't even fathom how people think that this is perfectly fine and acceptable behavior. It's beyond absurd. But I guess when people have invested money in the pin, they have to think everything about it and the company selling it are cool and can do no wrong.

It is silly of Rick to expect that pictures he posts of a new pinball machine won't make their way onto Pinside. And even sillier for him to get offended when it happens and post about it on Pinside. Another in a series of bad PR moves, and I completely agree with everyone that has advised him to hire someone to handle PR for PPS.

But no one slapped you, or anyone else on Pinside, in the face. Is Stern slapping you in the face when they put pics on Facebook or their own website instead of here? Of course not. They're at least realistic enough to realize that once they put pics online, they lose control over where the pics end up. But the fact that Rick chooses to post on Pinside doesn't obligate him to use Pinside to deliver official updates on his product.

#527 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But no one slapped you, or anyone else on Pinside, in the face. Is Stern slapping you in the face when they put pics on Facebook or their own website instead of here? Of course not. They're at least realistic enough to realize that once they put pics online, they lose control over where the pics end up. But the fact that Rick chooses to post on Pinside doesn't obligate him to use Pinside to deliver official updates on his product.

Well Rick PM'd me asking me to take down the photos, there is no realization of losing control here.

He asked nicely and I declined nicely. It's something for Robin to figure out. No one is disputing his ownership of the copyright, but that doesn't give him control over their use for commentary. I don't particularly care for the idea of Pinside as a place where we're not allowed to discuss certain aspect of pinball.

Can you imagine if Stern posted pics on Facebook of WWE LE on the line, and we posted them here, that they would freak out and ask to have them taken down? It's ludicrous.

So to keep this positive, I'll just say that the pics are awesome, they're evidence of the end of a long journey, and everyone should be stoked. Including Rick.

Congrats to everyone, hope these first games ship soon.

#528 9 years ago

possibly... that Stern box in front looks shorter than the back ones.

edit. looks like it's just not strapped to a pallet.

#529 9 years ago

Anyway... looking back at the thread title: time to celebrate a really positive MMr update !

#530 9 years ago

Mating some of the initial games together today, the amount of checking and checking and educating the people here to do things right is amazing but necessarily. Talked with Lyman today who is really stoked to see the game ...

rick

#531 9 years ago

More positivity!

Love it!

Quoted from PPS:

Mating some of the initial games together today, the amount of checking and checking and educating the people here to do things right is amazing but necessarily. Talked with Lyman today who is really stoked to see the game ...
rick

#532 9 years ago

Noone does positivity better than Odin.......

#533 9 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Noone does positivity better than Odin.......

Didn't you hear? O-din tork his ball and went home.

#534 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Didn't you hear? O-din tork his ball and went home.

Yeah I know......it's sad.......

#535 9 years ago

Those stern pins boxed up ? Some are taller than others and on the ground. Maybe it's whoa nellie?

#536 9 years ago

Bit of paper at the back says "pilot" ???

#537 9 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Bit of paper at the back says "pilot" ???

Shipping company

#538 9 years ago

I just found out today that my distributor will be getting some games in the next 4 weeks and mine will be in that group.

Don't have a shipping date, but do have some idea where I am in the queue.

Robert

#539 9 years ago

Robert - what color trim did you get?

#540 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

O-din tork his ball and went home.

th-1-239.jpegth-1-239.jpeg

#541 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Mating some of the initial games together today, the amount of checking and checking and educating the people here to do things right is amazing but necessarily.

Talked with Lyman today who is really stoked to see the game ...
rick

me too

#542 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

We need more pictures!

Are you guys using a frosted cap LED for the GI?

#543 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

We need more pictures!

th-4.jpegth-4.jpeg

#544 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Robert - what color trim did you get?

MMr at Expo.jpgMMr at Expo.jpg

#545 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

First of all, the difference is obvious. Stern doesn't post here. PPS does. Stern doesn't use Pinside to market their products. PPS does.

So how could Stern posting pics on their own website or social media but not here be compared to what PPS does?

As for Rick being "obligated" to post here for "official updates" nobody ever said he was obligated. The point is simply that it's stupid not to post pictures of MMr on the assembly line as it's the best possible news that the project has seen so far.

It makes zero sense to not post pictures here...and worse yet...tell people to remove them when they are. It's rather mind boggling to me actually.

As a friend told me via PM, only PPS could snatch defeat from the jaws of a PR victory like fresh MMRs rolling off the production line at Stern!

#546 9 years ago

Come on out to Chicago to see it. It's been at Logan Arcade for over three months.

#547 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It makes zero sense to not post pictures here...and worse yet...tell people to remove them when they are. It's rather mind boggling to me actually.

Just to be clear in case people missed it Rick backed off his demand that I remove the pictures and decided to just let it slide. So hey, points for figuring it out even if the initial reaction was silly.

Live and let live, post pics from the PPS forum all you want is what I say.

#548 9 years ago

You know I kinda wish I could just ignore certain members on specific threads. I don't want to not see their posts everywhere but for some reason people get a bug under their skin for certain topics and it's nice to not have to read their stuff in those specific topics. Or is this a feature that's available and I just haven't discovefed it yet?

#549 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

You know I kinda wish I could just ignore certain members on specific threads. I don't want to not see their posts everywhere but for some reason people get a bug under their skin for certain topics and it's nice to not have to read their stuff in those specific topics. Or is this a feature that's available and I just haven't discovefed it yet?

i hear where you're coming from. it's basically why i haven't yet ignored anyone, because i can't think of anyone who doesn't have something useful/cool/interesting to contribute on any topic, even if on certain specific topics their contributions tend to be an unwelcome nuisance.

#550 9 years ago

Yeah once the games arrive I'll probably unfilter those people as I find them entertaining elsewhere (I just don't want to continue feeling compelled to read and respond all the time and further clutter up a thread)

In the meantime, I'm kinda surprised that they didn't go with a brass plated option, I understand that it wears and can patina up over time but to me that patina actually would lend itself to the theme of the game.

Also just thinking on it, a great topper design would be if someone took the original troll design and mocked it up to a larger scale to place up top.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

There are 608 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-positive-updates/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.