mmrpfwip.jpg
image-357.jpg
image-768.jpg
th-222.jpeg
image-865.jpg
image-207.jpg
image.jpg
Mirco:CGC.png
There are 608 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.
#1 9 years ago

If your waiting for your MMR or have positive updates or Mods etc let's here it ! I'm looking forward to unboxing mine Xmas or 2015 .

#2 9 years ago

I was thinking you had the positive update?

#3 9 years ago

next year for sure, stern is busy

#4 9 years ago

Even though there have been delays I have appreciated the reviews that pinsiders have for MMR. I am glad UL testing is taking place, I know it has caused delays but it seems to be a good test for having a safe electronic device.

#5 9 years ago

I also hoped you had some positive news, nevertheless a good and worthy thread. Let's get some reviews of the MMr at Logans here

#6 9 years ago

My friend played it in Chicago @logans arcade and said it played flawless, had long lines with people ooing ahhing alot.

#7 9 years ago

One update that I did see from Rick is that the gold trim is the largest percentage of the orders for the LE and the powder coats would be the first on the line when production starts. Mostly gold at first with some black possible. So if you ordered gold, you should be at head of the pack for delivery.

#8 9 years ago

BRB - gonna start a thread called "Cure for ebola" where I ask people to post if they have a cure for ebola.

#9 9 years ago

I've read that due to the UL delay, the MMR translites are being improved. One of the bright sides of the delay.

#10 9 years ago

I think the delay can only be good. More time for the prototypes to be out in the wild and fine tuning can be done. As long as its 1st qtr 15 ill be happy.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think the delay can only be good. More time for the prototypes to be out in the wild and fine tuning can be done. As long as its 1st qtr 15 ill be happy.

I have mixed feeling. On one hand I see the benefit of getting things perfected to the max, on the other hand I'd like to get my hands on it already. Hard to have the patience for the UL testing to be finished, the more I read about it the more worried I get it'll take a while still before it's finished.
Still, I'd rather take a perfect game a bit later than half baked now. My glass is half full

#12 9 years ago

I was told by a friend that up close games at Stern recently , especially playfields and cabinets we're Beautiful. As far as translite being dull ? Im hoping down the road a back box light kit or update is available to change light brightness and color.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

I've read that due to the UL delay, the MMR translites are being improved. One of the bright sides of the delay.

Cabinet decals are also going to be addressed to make sure the start button lines up.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Peopleman:

had long lines with people ooing ahhing alot.

Lol! Please don't over do it!

#15 9 years ago

and DMDs will be fully colorized….well one can wish.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

and DMDs will be fully colorized….well one can wish.

ooohhhhh, aaahhhhh!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

ooohhhhh, aaahhhhh!

There's the positivity!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I was told by a friend that up close games at Stern recently , especially playfields and cabinets we're Beautiful. As far as translite being dull ? Im hoping down the road a back box light kit or update is available to change light brightness and color.

brightness is adjustable from the factory. Their issue is when off they are darker then the originals.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

ooohhhhh, aaahhhhh!

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

ooohhhhh, aaahhhhh!

Jeez Tony...Sour grapes much? I know MMR impacts your business in some ways. However you need to remain professional. I certainly would think twice about buying something from you given your recent comments and criticisms no matter how perfect your stuff is. Accept that the remakes are going to happen and move along. There are still plenty of people who will buy $8000.00 Earthshakers and other HEP's. Your target market is not going away anytime soon.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Lol! Please don't over do it!

You're running out of outs TeeKee. You're the Royals, MMr is Bumgarner...you just don't know the series is over.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Jeez Tony...Sour grapes much? I know MMR impacts your business in some ways. However you need to remain professional. I certainly would think twice about buying something from you given your recent comments and criticisms no matter how perfect your stuff is. Accept that the remakes are going to happen and move along. There are still plenty of people who will buy $8000.00 Earthshakers and other HEP's. Your target market is not going away anytime soon.

Impacts my business? I'm in the self storage business so not sure how in the world MMr would affect that.

If you have to think twice about buying a pin from me because of my comments and criticisms here on Pinside than I would rather not sell a pin to you to be honest...

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You're the Royals, MMr is Bumgarner...

I am Royalty and MMr is a Bum Game... is that what you just said? See we do agree!

#24 9 years ago

Personally, I have 2 MMRs on order and I have never had any doubts about if I wanted to stay on the list. One is going on location for the public to enjoy, which I know others are planning to do as well. Public MMRs are going to be a great opportunity for a lot of people to get to play the greatest pinball machine ever made, for the first time. The second one, my wife literally wants to put in the bedroom so she can play it whenever she wants! MM is her favorite game.

In terms of timing my bet is we have it for the Christmas tree, but I'm a glass-is-half-full kind of guy.

-Jay

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from jrobinso99:

The second one, my wife literally wants to put in the bedroom so she can play it whenever she wants!

much excitement in the bedroom then...

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Accept that the remakes are going to happen and move along.

Sage advice, I couldn't agree more.

Quoted from TomN:

There are still plenty of people who will buy $8000.00 Earthshakers

This one, I don't so much agree with. His 8k ES is already down to $7500, he couldn't sell it for 8k. 2k by Christmas!

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

This one, I don't so much agree with. His 8k ES is already down to $7500, he couldn't sell it for 8k. 2k by Christmas!

Wow, you're starting to scare me... I have plenty of fans but you know too much about me. You're getting close to 'stalker' level! My blinds will be up tonight if you want to take a peek!

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Wow, you're starting to scare me... I have plenty of fans but you know too much about me. You're getting close to 'stalker' level! My blinds will be up tonight if you want to take a peek!

Speaking of stalkers, I think Rick should be a little worried. You seem to have an obsession with PPS/MMR since you pop up in every single MMR thread.

I actually feel bad for the OP since I believe he sincerely wanted to have one thread on all of pinside that could be just positive discussion about MMR. As soon as I saw your name, I knew that wasn't going to happen.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Speaking of stalkers, I think Rick should be a little worried. You seem to have an obsession with PPS/MMR since you pop up in every single MMR thread.
I actually feel bad for the OP since I believe he sincerely wanted to have one thread on all of pinside that could be just positive discussion about MMR. As soon as I saw your name, I knew that wasn't going to happen.

I think you (and a few others) just overreact. I simply poked fun at Peopleman's post cuz I figured it was another bogus post. Seems like a lot of those in the MMr threads lately… I must've been correct because his account is now frozen. My innocent comment targeted at Peopleman gets crazy reactions from some of the typical overreacting guys. I just play along.

Let the positive discussion continue!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I think you (and a few others) just overreact. I simply poked fun at Peopleman's post cuz I figured it was another bogus post. Seems like a lot of those in the MMr threads lately… I must've been correct because his account is now frozen. My innocent comment targeted at Peopleman gets crazy reactions from some of the typical overreacting guys. I just play along.
Let the positive discussion continue!

Sure, the multiple Hondanut accounts don't help any discussion but let's not pretend that's the reason you are in this thread. Take a look at your thread history, it speaks for itself. But yeah, I agree let the positive discussion continue.

OP if you want some good info message jalpert. He had a very good experience with a recent hands on.

#31 9 years ago

I positively will post if I ever receive my refund, as promised by the dealer that I purchased from.

#32 9 years ago

Hope folks get their games by Christmas - what a great present that would be!

#33 9 years ago

at this point i just want my game....im positive this will be my last purchase from pps

#34 9 years ago

I haven't followed the mmr remake much. I will have to see one up close to see if I want to make headphone kits for the mmr. Time will tell I guess. Looks like a nice game

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from nipenzo:

at this point i just want my game....im positive this will be my last purchase from pps

Guessing next machine will go smoother.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Guessing next machine will go smoother.

I'm assuming the UL thing is a one time hassle to get certification for the overall electronics/electrical system being used in their design? If not, hopefully it will only require a minor review of any changes. Regardless, they should be able to navigate everything smoothly the second time around as long as Stern continues to assemble the machines.

#37 9 years ago

I also have 2 pre ordered. One is supposed to go to a comedy club in NYC. Hoping Tina Fay can stop by and sign the translight for me.

#38 9 years ago

What I meant by positive updates ,mods, or whatever! Just tired of negative imput. I would like to see a real nice topper from Joe @ lasserific that ties into game play ? May under cab lights as well ?

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I'm in the self storage business

#40 9 years ago

Stern is slated to build these next! Yay!

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Teek, you used to be so cool on RGP. No, wait; you weren't.

But, this ain't about any ONE Pinsider. Can't wait til you patient folks get your well deserved MMR's!

Awesome sauce!

#42 9 years ago

I just hope the next update rick has isn't another delay, but a definite date.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Agree with you 100%. I was hoping for a Q1 15 delivery anyway so if they fix a few small things in the meantime that's great news for us owners.

#44 9 years ago

I have played the mmr gold yesterday for the first time at Dpo in holland. This is probably the first machine in europe

Overall the game rocks! It looks amazing, it plays amazing and for all the gold orders. Don't worry it looks great and it fits the decals very nice. The gold trim really stands out.

The only thing missing is a color dmd ( however that will come later ) the game was positioned between a woz and twd so the animations looked a bit dated. Logical of course because it is 16 years old however with color dmd the game will be even more amazing.

I can't say anything bad about it and the reviews at DPO for as far is i've heard were only positive as well.

#45 9 years ago

Anyone know if side rails etc are made to be easily removed as planned ? Planning on mirror polish or chrome .

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Anyone know if side rails etc are made to be easily removed as planned ? Planning on mirror polish or chrome .

Iirc the decals were cut below the moutong tape to make for easier without damaging them.

#47 9 years ago

Usually Rick posts some news on Mondays.... last I saw was just about the game going over seas to DPO... which he said photos and videos will likely be provided. Still waiting on that ultra positive PPS update.

#48 9 years ago

I'm cool with waiting just a little bit longer. Really like what they are doing by testing the pre production units different places in real world situations. It really makes me feel great knowing the machine holds up well under extra ordinary conditions as mine will be HUO.
Keep up the great work Rick and the team.
Cannot wait to add this beauty into the gamesroom!

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Every MMR thread is a positive one, for me at least.image.jpgimage.jpg

#50 9 years ago

Yep, love that ignore feature.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 608 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-positive-updates and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.