• Yes 28 votes
    29%
  • No 50 votes
    52%
  • Maybe Later 18 votes
    19%

(96 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
mmr_ball_stuck_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrsanramon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Since MMr's are now entering service, I thought I'd start a thread here to see if we can set up a Pinside owners support group.

I got my game yesterday, and it's a beautiful piece of equipment; glad I bought it.

IMG_20150401_120102910.jpg

I have an issue with my MMr and I've also posted on the PPS Site; where I suspect Lloyd will address when time permits.

The Ball in my MMr is getting struck in the Damsel tower, before it reaches the switch assembly at the bottom. It's stuck tight enough so the ball search does not shake it loose. If you tilt the playfield front up a bit, to slide it forward, the ball usually comes loose but not always.

I dropped a few balls into the tower by hand and it seems that the tower plastic "drop hole" is either too tight or the lip at the bottom is too large.

If the ball gets stuck, and that's about every time it goes there, the glass has to be removed and either the playfield needs to be tipped or I have to use my finger to push the ball thru to the bottom, where it then falls into the playfield lane.

Anyone else had this issue?

Robert

#2 4 years ago

IMG_1592.JPG

#4 4 years ago

TCD...Maybe we're the only ones with an issue.

Robert

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

My pin is playing fine and never have had the ball get stuck in the damsel tower, so I at least can play it without a shaker with no issues.

Yes, my game is essentially unplayable because you have to take the glass off to get the ball unstuck.

I put a post on the PPS site and also filled out a "ticket" on the Chicago Gaming site.

Robert

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

I have an issue: My MMr has not shown up yet!

They're probably fixing things on it, before they ship it to you.

#16 4 years ago

Yes contacted pps & Lloyd.

I fixed my issue by taking the right ramp off and loosening the tower. Then I trimmed the inside of the tower with a razor blade.

Then got a pry bar and slightly bent the bracket that is internal to to tower, towards the front of the machine.

I then enlarged the slot in the top of the tower and also pushed it toward the front.

The ball doesn't hang up any more, at least in the tests a a couple of games.

Robert

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Don't feel for MMRLE owners as most are playing and loving it. I had to adjust a switch and bend ball through oulet a little to prevent balls from not being kicked out. That's a small price to pay to be playing a brand new MMRLE right now.

Agree completely Pete.

Robert

#21 4 years ago

For those who might not know, to get to the menus do the following:

For the MMr Williams Menu: push the enter button on the coin door (just like you normally do)
For the MMr CG menu: push and hold the exit button on the coin door for about 5 seconds

The Chicago Gaming menu allows display color and other adjustments not originally included on MM

Robert

#22 4 years ago

I'm loving my MMr today...just saying!

Robert

#26 4 years ago

Is anyone adding coin mechs to their MMr?

Robert

#32 4 years ago

384190.jpg

This is how I attached the Laseriffic topper to the power supply:

I removed the plastic cover from the power supply in the right front, by the coin door.

Attach the black lead to the ground lug (third from left when looking from the front).

Attach the red lug to the lug that is second from the right side.

Robert

MM power supply.jpg

#36 4 years ago

Still playing mine...

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 week later
#41 4 years ago

Yes, I got an X-Men with a really beat up box, but luckily the game was fine.

Shipping damage can occur on any game.

Robert

2 weeks later
#67 4 years ago

I got my replacement castle tower from Stern Friday...thanks Lloyd!

Robert

#82 4 years ago

Has anyone turned up their flipper power a bit...mine seem to not have the snap I'd expect of a new game. Certainly not as powerful as my Stern Star Trek.

Robert

1 month later
#122 4 years ago

Had a broken wire so the lower rhs GI was out. When I found the issue and got my soldering iron, I couldn't plug it in the maintenance outlet.

Does everyone's outlet look like this:

Power Outlet.jpg

Robert

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From about AFM on, every Williams game had that for a service outlet. Same with MMr.

Any computer store should have a cord you can plug into it with a normal female plug on the other end.

LTG : )

OK, Thanks.

1 month later
#128 4 years ago

Had my game for a while now. But I noticed that when launching a ball, it hits the right sling about 75 - 80% of the time.

The playfield is level, but 75 - 80% hitting the sling seems high.

Does anyone else have this happen too?

Robert

#130 4 years ago

No one has the issue with launched balls hitting the right sling and bouncing toward the left flipper. I've run several tests and each time 75% or more of balls launched hit the right sling in various locations.

Can someone else with an MMr or MM check theirs out for me?

Robert

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I had no idea what launched ball means other than from the shooter. If it gets explained better I will try it.

Yes, just launch a ball from the shooter lane and see if it hits the right sling as it traverses the playfield toward the flippers.

I just let the plunged balls take whatever route they would naturally take without any shaking of the machine, and on mine 75% plus hit the right sling.

Robert

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosen the kicker assembly and turn it a little to aim the ball different.

Lloyd,

Not sure what you're saying...do you mean loosen the sling mechanism and rotate it?

Robert

#138 4 years ago

Well today, July 24, is MMr "bend-it" day.

I mostly fixed the ball preferentially hitting the RHS sling by slightly bending out the metal guide "lower tail" by switch 67. The bend was about 1/8th inch or less. That kicked the ball outward so it only hits the sling ~25% of the time now; but about half of the balls that miss the sling come within 1/4 inch. So a little more twisting is needed. I think the screw that holds the guide was put in incorrectly...bummer.

But the game plays a lot better now.

Then switches 67 and 12 weren't registering.

So I took 12 out and realigned the stationary contact arm toward the moving contact, and it's better. Will have to see if that adjustment was enough.

I bent the switch arm slightly on switch 67, it would register in test if I rotated the gate by hand, but the switch wouldn't register with a ball rolled under it. A slight adjustment of the arm worked here too.

So, I'm enjoying the game a lot more. Just couldn't figure out why the ball would hit the RHS about every time...and if that was normal.

Robert

2 weeks later
#143 4 years ago

I don't have that problem.

3 months later
#154 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I'm having this same issue, did you get this fixed somehow?

I bent the metal piece slightly outward (see Pic) at the right loop. it was a bit of a pain, but it helped the issue a lot.

Robertleft_ramp_01.JPG

2 months later
#156 3 years ago

It's been ~10 months now since I got my game, still counting my blessings on getting my game about 2 months after I bought into someone's spot. I feel for those who paid before me and still are waiting.

While I don't play pinball everyday and sometime not every week, I still enjoy playing my MMR. After the couple of issue I had early on, it's been flawless in it's operation since. It's great getting to play this game and not having it be in a less than 100% condition.

I don't get to Pinside often anymore, so I just read that another remake is on the way and I've been pondering whether I would partake.

It's always cool to get something new, that's for sure, and depending on the title I may get in line. But the costs these days of buying new is making me think more about the "need" rather than the "want" aspect.

So I ask myself if I'd buy a MMR now, having it for awhile...knowing what I do now. That's a difficult question for me. I play my ST premium more and find it more challenging than MMR, but MM is a unique game in both artwork and speech.

Also, I have thought about the 5 games I have and find that if I "had to" sell 2, which would they be. The answer is easy for the first...X-Men, I like and enjoy it the least; that title is definitely one I have considered selling. The second game (Fastbreak is essentially the only game played by the grand-kids so it has to stay) is a tie between MMR and Spiderman. I like them both for different reasons...Spiderman for game play and MMR for, well, being a beautiful unique game.

I don't have MMR buyers remorse but I'm wondering if anyone else questions the value of paying 8 grand for their MMR.

Robert

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I do since I paid in full last spring and still have nothing to show for it.

Yes, I'm sure there are a lot of people in your shoes that have the same thought and I feel your pain.

Robert

1 month later
#162 3 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Looks like the diffuser kit for my MMR just showed up

What's the story on the diffuser?

Robert

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

I'm going to attempt to install it tonight and I will post some pics and info

Looks great in the pics.

Robert

#174 3 years ago

My distributor said he'd send me one or I could wait for the S/W update that lets the LED intensity to be adjusted.

I've decided to wait..and see.

Robert

1 year later
#191 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I messaged llyod on pps forums, is pps helpdesk where we submit tickets for issues?

You can put a post on the PPS site and also filled out a "ticket" on the Chicago Gaming site...the later is probably best.

Robert

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 89.99
$ 11.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
12,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blacklick, OH
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
10,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brownsburg, IN
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrsanramon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside