• Yes 28 votes
    29%
  • No 50 votes
    52%
  • Maybe Later 18 votes
    19%

(96 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
mmr_ball_stuck_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 206 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 4 years ago

I opened a ticket a little earlier. I did not see any adjustments on the LCD, but I'll take another look.

#102 4 years ago

Unplug the power to the LCD, and leave it sit for a few minutes. Then plug it back in and turn the game on. See if that does it.

LTG : )

#103 4 years ago

No luck. The boot-up screen is perfectly centered. As soon as the game display starts, it's like the pictures. I found a menu screen for the display which had some for h positions and v position, but that just moved the menu overlay around.

#104 4 years ago

There is a control strip in the backbox for the LCD, I've not used it before.

#105 4 years ago

I went through the LCD controller menu last night and wasn't able to resolve the problem. This morning I detached the HDMI cable from the LCD and attached it to a computer monitor. It has the same problem. That eliminates everything but the main controller board from the loop. I don't see any type of control setting for the display on that board, so it may be a bad board. I suppose there is a small chance the cable could be an issue, but I don't have a mini HDMI to swap that with.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

but the main controller board

I updated your ticket so CGC can get you what you need.

#107 4 years ago

Lloyd, you are the man!

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Great. Thanks for your help.

#109 4 years ago
#110 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Can you update the code for full color display yet?

Not yet.

#111 4 years ago
#112 4 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

I went through the LCD controller menu last night and wasn't able to resolve the problem. This morning I detached the HDMI cable from the LCD and attached it to a computer monitor. It has the same problem. That eliminates everything but the main controller board from the loop. I don't see any type of control setting for the display on that board, so it may be a bad board. I suppose there is a small chance the cable could be an issue, but I don't have a mini HDMI to swap that with.

If you wanted could you use a hdmi splitter to run the dmd through you big screen tv and the DMD?

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

If you wanted could you use a hdmi splitter to run the dmd through you big screen tv and the DMD?

Sounds like a yes. Very interesting.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

It synced with a 24in Dell monitor automatically. I don't have an hdmi splitter, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work.

#115 4 years ago

To LP30

Try unplugging the micro /hdmi connector at both ends and try reseating. After reseating, check the display for proper alignment. If it doesn't work, unplug the small micro connector end only from the top of the beagle board. This is the black board with the very small connector at the top. Do this while the game is powered on. Then insert the micro connector end in slowly and keep checking for display alignment. If you try this ten or fifteen times you will find a sweet spot where the display aligns right. I had this same issue out of box. The micro connector is so small it seams to be failing. Mine did and I had to replace the board. While waiting for the board, I messed around with this a lot and got it to align when hitting the sweet spot. Email me if you are still having issues and I can explain further.

Thanks
Dougram69

#116 4 years ago

To stangbat,

I had this same issue out of box. The small micro connector at the top of the beagle board failed on my game right out of box. The connector was flaky and I could only get the display to work after reseating the micro connector 15 to 20 times. Inserting it gently and slowly looking for the right spot for it to connect just right. Sometimes connection would hold for a day or so, then fail again with no data. The ultimate resolution is a new beagle board. Your support person should be a able to resolve.

Thanks
Dougram69

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm still on the fence about maybe picking one of these up second hand, as that turned out to be the plan. I have not been following much lately. Can you update the code for full color display yet?

On the fence? Like there are a whole bunch for sale second hand already?

When full color drops you'll know - we'll be talking about it and posting pics and vids. I hear it's on test in Chicago so someone might have seen it already...if it's being tested Im sure we'll see it sooner than later.

#118 4 years ago
#119 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Reading all the hate, and personall attacks this sort of posts give me hope one day this forum will feel less hostile.

Help each other and have fun! Thumbs up!

Hope it get fixed Lp.

1 week later
#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Buzzkill:

Weird problem today... turned it on and got an operator message saying time/date not set

Any update on this? My game started doing this yesterday.

#121 4 years ago

Pretty sure I done it correct, but I went into the settings and set the catapults, damsel rescues,castles destroyed and every other high score to 1 so I (I mean my wife) could put my initials in. I made the changes and pressed start. It said changes were made but none of the changes stayed. I changed the colour on the Lcd and the colour has stayed, but that's a different menu. I remember reading somewhere that someone else was having a problem saving changes. Anyone else or am I just dumb?

2 weeks later
#122 4 years ago

Had a broken wire so the lower rhs GI was out. When I found the issue and got my soldering iron, I couldn't plug it in the maintenance outlet.

Does everyone's outlet look like this:

Power Outlet.jpg

Robert

#123 4 years ago

That outlet requires the adapter plug that is found in many of the later WMS/Bally games. Its about a foot long. Try looking in some of your other games and see if you can find one there or you can order one from Pinball Life for $1.95

Williams/Bally 12" Power Extension Cord

Price: $1.95

Product ID : pbl_H-19601-1

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Does everyone's outlet look like this:

From about AFM on, every Williams game had that for a service outlet. Same with MMr.

Any computer store should have a cord you can plug into it with a normal female plug on the other end.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From about AFM on, every Williams game had that for a service outlet. Same with MMr.

Any computer store should have a cord you can plug into it with a normal female plug on the other end.

OK, Thanks.

#126 4 years ago

I resolved the LCD display issue I was having. I posted the ticket with CGC and after a couple of exchanges in their system without resolution, I didn't hear anything else. I ended up buying a new micro HDMI cable from Amazon. That appears to have resolved the problem. I'll have to follow-up with CGC again to see why I never heard anything else from them.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

I'll have to follow-up with CGC again to see why I never heard anything else from them.

Please pm me the ticket number and I'll look into it.

1 month later
#128 4 years ago

Had my game for a while now. But I noticed that when launching a ball, it hits the right sling about 75 - 80% of the time.

The playfield is level, but 75 - 80% hitting the sling seems high.

Does anyone else have this happen too?

Robert

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

That outlet requires the adapter plug that is found in many of the later WMS/Bally games.

For anyone here in Australia getting one you will need to get one like this http://powercordsandmore.com.au/products.php?product=0.2M-%252d-Power-cord-%252d-10A-Aus-socket-%252d-C14-IEC-%252d-Black

#130 4 years ago

No one has the issue with launched balls hitting the right sling and bouncing toward the left flipper. I've run several tests and each time 75% or more of balls launched hit the right sling in various locations.

Can someone else with an MMr or MM check theirs out for me?

Robert

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

No one has the issue with launched balls hitting the right sling and bouncing toward the left flipper. I've run several tests and each time 75% or more of balls launched hit the right sling in various locations.
Can someone else with an MMr or MM check theirs out for me?
Robert

Do you mean balls exiting the jet bumpers along the right orbit ball guide? No MMR yet but that sounds normal to me.

#132 4 years ago

I had no idea what launched ball means other than from the shooter. If it gets explained better I will try it.

But I do think this is the only hobby were you talk about Ball and a Sling and its not necessarily a bad thing.

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I had no idea what launched ball means other than from the shooter. If it gets explained better I will try it.

Yes, just launch a ball from the shooter lane and see if it hits the right sling as it traverses the playfield toward the flippers.

I just let the plunged balls take whatever route they would naturally take without any shaking of the machine, and on mine 75% plus hit the right sling.

Robert

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I just let the plunged balls take whatever route they would naturally take without any shaking of the machine, and on mine 75% plus hit the right sling.

Loosen the kicker assembly and turn it a little to aim the ball different.

#135 4 years ago

Anyone hear anything on the status of colorizing the DMD? I spoke with someone at CGC 4 months ago and he told me it looked awesome and they were close to releasing the code.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosen the kicker assembly and turn it a little to aim the ball different.

Lloyd,

Not sure what you're saying...do you mean loosen the sling mechanism and rotate it?

Robert

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Not sure what you're saying...do you mean loosen the sling mechanism and rotate it?

No, the plunger assembly that launches the ball into play up the shooter lane.

LTG : )™

#138 4 years ago

Well today, July 24, is MMr "bend-it" day.

I mostly fixed the ball preferentially hitting the RHS sling by slightly bending out the metal guide "lower tail" by switch 67. The bend was about 1/8th inch or less. That kicked the ball outward so it only hits the sling ~25% of the time now; but about half of the balls that miss the sling come within 1/4 inch. So a little more twisting is needed. I think the screw that holds the guide was put in incorrectly...bummer.

But the game plays a lot better now.

Then switches 67 and 12 weren't registering.

So I took 12 out and realigned the stationary contact arm toward the moving contact, and it's better. Will have to see if that adjustment was enough.

I bent the switch arm slightly on switch 67, it would register in test if I rotated the gate by hand, but the switch wouldn't register with a ball rolled under it. A slight adjustment of the arm worked here too.

So, I'm enjoying the game a lot more. Just couldn't figure out why the ball would hit the RHS about every time...and if that was normal.

Robert

1 week later
#139 4 years ago

I have a minor occurrence that has been haunting me. It may just require an adjustment or be totally normal for a MM.

Sometimes, when shooting the ball through the left outer lane (left Joust lane), the ball will hit the left popper weldment (mechanism that sends the ball out of the moat) and the ball won't of course go all the way through the Joust lane. This may happen maybe 2 time out of 5. It seems it may depend on the angle/speed the ball enters the lane.

Is this normal? I've played the original Medieval Madness a lot in the past and I think it didn't used to happen as much. But, with so many MMr games under my belt, I'm now unsure if it something typical.

I've checked in depth and I doubt the left popper assembly could be re-positioned enough to make a difference; maybe it could be rotated a bit. When it happens, the ball hits the left side of the weldment. I suspect whatever the tweaks, it can always happen if you get a weird rebound, but otherwise, I thought a somewhat clean entry in the lane should divert the ball correctly to make the ramp without interference. It may be due the the positioning of the metal guides in the lane or be totally normal.

Please pitch in with your thoughts and experience.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from AxleMunshine:

I have a minor occurrence that has been haunting me. It may just require an adjustment or be totally normal for a MM.
Sometimes, when shooting the ball through the left outer lane (left Joust lane), the ball will hit the left popper weldment (mechanism that sends the ball out of the moat) and the ball won't of course go all the way through the Joust lane. This may happen maybe 2 time out of 5. It seems it may depend on the angle/speed the ball enters the lane.
Is this normal?...

Own an MM for a long time and I have never had this happen. Not normal.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Cool. Thanks. I'll get to the bottom of it to understand if it's the position of the popper or the position metal diverters inside the ramp.

#142 4 years ago

Any other MMR owners experiencing this? I read on the PPS site that one other owner had this.

#143 4 years ago

I don't have that problem.

#144 4 years ago

I was playing at a location last night and a kid about 5 years old needed one more quarter to start a game on MMR and was about to walk away, so I flipped him the last quarter and stood back and watched him play. I have never seen anyone as excited as this kid was...."I won I won. I broke the castle!". It was awesome. I put another credit on the game for him to enjoy. Myself as well.

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

X 2 never had this happen on any of the 5 MM's I have owned

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

X 2 never had this happen on any of the 5 MM's I have owned

I had it happen occasionally on my original MM. I think this may have been a rare occurance caused by some natural deviations in tolerancing of parts and assembly. I pulled the VUK weldment and slightly modified it by machining the area away where the ball would strike it. It didn't take the removal of much material to eliminate the problem, and it never has occured again. I still have the game. It was discussed in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-left-joust-shot

3 months later
#147 3 years ago

Pardon me if this has already been discussed, but I could not find a similar post. My left troll hits the ramp above it sufficiently to move the ramp slightly. Perhaps this is normal, but it seems to be an opportunity for wear to develop on the troll cover graphics. Is this something that can be adjusted? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from RJL:

Pardon me if this has already been discussed, but I could not find a similar post. My left troll hits the ramp above it sufficiently to move the ramp slightly. Perhaps this is normal, but it seems to be an opportunity for wear to develop on the troll cover graphics. Is this something that can be adjusted? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.

It is normal, it also did this on the original MM.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

It is normal, it also did this on the original MM.

Thanks!

#150 3 years ago

And it's just a decal, easily changed one day far, far in the future should you need to.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 50.00
There are 206 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside