• Yes 28 votes
    29%
  • No 50 votes
    52%
  • Maybe Later 18 votes
    19%

(96 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
mmr_ball_stuck_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 206 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 4 years ago

mmrle # 150 checking in

yeah, i noticed last night that my castle gate is also doing the same thing (does not close all the way).

Quoted from Leo13:

Hi,
I have however some question on how to fine tune this game:
- the castle gate, 100% functional, is not fully closed in the up position. Is there an adjustment to make it fully closed ?
- the right troll is less sensitive than the left one, and needs to be hit harder to register the shot. Is it possible to adjust this troll ?
- sometimes, the ball enters the castle wall (the lock shot) but does not fall in the castle but stays stuck behind the wall. Is it a normal behavior ?
Thanks,
Leo.

#52 4 years ago

Here is a picture of my castle gate:

Gate.jpg
#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Gate.jpg

tease

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

THAT IS NORMAL !

#55 4 years ago

ok perfect. I just wanted to double check with the pros

#57 4 years ago

Figured I'd post the issues with my game. Not really complaining, just figured I'd document it so others can learn or be prepared. Before I get into them let me say the game is beautiful and after some tweaks it plays great.

-Left flipper sticking up, the link was binding on the pawl. Had to disassemble and file the link and the hole for the bushing a little bit to free it up. Also the coil retaining bracket at the front of the coil was loose.
-Right flipper wasn't aligned with the lane guide, adjusted that while I had the playfield up. No biggie, I imagine they aligned the flipper with the hole in the PF instead of the lane guide.
-Had to adjust the trough kick out deflector as the ball stopped kicking out to the shooter lane after a couple games.
-Had to adjust the catapult wireform as it was throwing the ball into the flasher and sometimes it would come back down the ramp.
-A troll cover is crooked and leaves a gap between the cover and the hole. I'll look at it later as it isn't a huge deal.
-There is a scrape to the decal at the lower right middle of the cabinet. It isn't big and it is just the decal and doesn't go into the black paint. So no big deal. It is the first thing I saw when I cut open the box. Honestly, if that is the only cosmetic problem I'm fine with it.
-Several pages in the manual are upside down.

I'm kind of disappointed with the high end of the audio. It is rather dull. The original game had one full range speaker in the back and one tweeter if I'm not mistaken. Without the tweeter the sound lacks range. I'll probably look into a different speaker, probably coaxial, to help things out.

#58 4 years ago

Anyone know a good ball dead drop foam alternative to use on Merlin's hole?
Pinbits is out.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Anyone know a good ball dead drop foam alternative to use on Merlin's hole?
Pinbits is out.

I have successfully used some of that gray foam you put around window sills to keep air locks out. It is soft and can easily be cut with scissors. I used some on my WOZ to keep the ball from bouncing out of the hole when the monkey drops it in the castle. it had some mild adhesive backing with a peel strip and i cut a small piece and put it in there and it deadens the ball perfectly. I have also used it in my Phantom of the Opera pin. The foam strips I have come on a small roll and are only about 1/2" thick. Maybe thinner . . .

Mike in Kentucky

#60 4 years ago

I just got my MMr today!!! The box was totally unblemished and it had really been cared for in transit. Two funny stories . . .

1. I got the call yesterday from R&L carriers and they told me my pin was ready for pickup at the dock. When I asked where their dock was here she gave me an address I had never heard of. We have over 30 different terminals here in little Bowling Green, KY. But I knew something was amiss. Come to find out, it WAS at the dock alright. The dock in Louisville which would be a 275 mile round trip for me! R&L didn't have a dock here. When I politely told this young lady on the phone we had a problem, and explained how I had waited so long for this pin and yada, yada . . . she said, "Well, we have a truck coming tomorrow through your town going to Nashville, TN. For no extra charge, I could get the driver to call you when he gets near your exit and you could meet him. And that's exactly what we did. Worked perfectly!

Cost to ship my pin was $175.00. That's the cheapest charge I've ever had! JJP is right when he says he has some of the best volume shipping discounts around.

2. A warning to those waiting for their pins. When I first set mine up I had absolutely no power to it. (There is another thread on here explaining all this. (Look for "HELP!" if you wanna read it.) If this happens to you, go into the backbox and there is a very small board back there. Mine had 4 small connectors that were either not pushed all the way in or were just dangling down. After I got them all pushed in and seated correctly, the pin fired up!

My pin plays absolutely perfectly! Not one problem! Also, all the "print" lines up in the front of the machine and it all seems to have "registered" correctly. I have no complaints! (Except, it came without coin mechs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Mike in Kentucky
MMr #118

#61 4 years ago

Thanks Fosaisu (and all who replied!). The posted picture of the gate matches mine, and answered the question. I don't remember it being that open on the original, but after looking at the linkage (and the slot in the linkage), it makes sense that you can't have it close fully with the slot in place. I did adjust it to close fully at one point, but as was pointed out- the gate will then go back into the frame on the first ball hit, and then rocket the ball up on subsequent hits (until it opens). Glad to know it is normal! That being said, I was thinking of experimenting with some sponge or similar type of material that would close the gate completely, but still allow for play in the event of a ball hit/stuck issue. Looking for something that essentially will give immediately (and compress, but have enough spring back to close the gate). Also thought about installing magnets, but the gate doesn't get close enough. Any ideas?

#62 4 years ago

FWIW, drawbridges rarely if ever raise to fully vertical. Having it partially open looks correct if nothing else.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

FWIW, drawbridges rarely if ever raise to fully vertical. ...

i tell my 'ol lady the same thing...

#64 4 years ago

Does MMr need the cliffy ramp protectors? I'm going to order my protectors today and wanted to double check that hey are needed. TIA -Taylor

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Does MMr need the cliffy ramp protectors? I'm going to order my protectors today and wanted to double check that hey are needed. TIA -Taylor

According to Cliff, they are not.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantom1911:

According to Cliff, they are not.

thanks.

#67 4 years ago

I got my replacement castle tower from Stern Friday...thanks Lloyd!

Robert

#68 4 years ago

Put my game on location this afternoon. 3 hours later, the display is dead. It earned a whopping $2 before breaking. Awesome.

Opened a ticket.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Put my game on location this afternoon. 3 hours later, the display is dead. It earned a whopping $2 before breaking. Awesome.

That's not good at all

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Put my game on location this afternoon. 3 hours later, the display is dead.

Wow. Really? Hearing this from you is a little spooky.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Please reseat the hdmi connector on top of the board in the head.

LTG : )

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Already did that. Reseated everything. Opened a ticket with more details.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Opened a ticket with more details.

I added a note on there for Doug to look into it.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Opened a ticket.

Did the display go blank white? That's what happened to my friend during the second game played.

Quoted from LTG:

We tried reseating the hdmi connector at both ends but it didn't solve the problem. Jiggling the connector at the back of the display around would make it come back for a minute, but it wouldn't even last a full game. So we figured there was a bad connector on back to the display.

He called his distributor and they said they would have a tech call him, but its been a week and nothing. Is there an email address he can contact directly?

#75 4 years ago

Thanks, Lloyd, I appreciate the help.

Sorry for my snarky prior post, but I'm rather bummed. I put around 60 plays on it at home with no big issues. And literally in 3 hours and two plays on location, it was broken.

Anyway, we'll get it fixed and going again.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

Did the display go blank white?

No, the LCD illuminates and it displays "No signal" right at power up. But when the logo is supposed to come up during the boot up process the display goes dark and never displays anything. It appears that it is not getting any signal and shuts down.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

No, the LCD illuminates and it displays "No signal" right at power up. But when the logo is supposed to come up during the boot up process the display goes dark and never displays anything. It appears that it is not getting any signal and shuts down.

Must be a different problem then, it will be interesting to see what the issue was on both.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Sorry for my snarky prior post, but I'm rather bummed.

No problem. Crap happens. And when you are the one it happens to, it is unfortunate.

They will get you going. I'm sure the engineer will be sending a new board, from the sound of your issue and what you have done/checked so far.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

Is there an email address he can contact directly?

Always best to open a ticket on the help desk.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Always best to open a ticket on the help desk.

Thanks I'll pass on the note.

#81 4 years ago

Lloyd, I seriously hope to shit that these companies take care of you. Your patience and guidance has saved a lot of asses.

#82 4 years ago

Has anyone turned up their flipper power a bit...mine seem to not have the snap I'd expect of a new game. Certainly not as powerful as my Stern Star Trek.

Robert

#83 4 years ago

Just got mine yesterday. I'm actually thinking of trying to turn them down one notch just to see how it plays, they seem real snappy on mine.

#84 4 years ago

I go in today to remove MMR from my location so I can troubleshoot it at home. A buddy is there playing pinball so I turn it on to show him how it doesn't work. Only...it does work. I was there over two hours and it continued to work. So I left it there and pulled another game instead. ???

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Has anyone turned up their flipper power a bit...mine seem to not have the snap I'd expect of a new game.

I actually turned mine down. Slingshots too.

#86 4 years ago

I just returned from the location and it is still playing fine. Folks were happy. I was happy to play the machine to the left of MMR. Any possible chance he would sell it? I will even throw in some Scooby snacks. Whatever it takes.

#87 4 years ago

Thanks for the report, Silverballer. Hope it works tomorrow and keeps working!

I doubt you have any chance of getting Fathom. Of all the games I've done for him he's the most excited about getting this one back.

#88 4 years ago

Where are people getting their plastic protectors from? Some sets seem larger than others. TIA.

#89 4 years ago

A follow up on my display issue. The display went out on Monday evening after about 3 hours. Nothing I did could get it to come back on. Turned the game off, told the location to leave it off.

On Tuesday afternoon I turned on the game and the display worked. As of this afternoon (Thursday), it was still working fine.

I'm also happy to report that Sean at CG responded to my ticket and called me yesterday. He also followed up again today via the ticket system to see if it was still working. Good customer service.

Also thanks to Lloyd for responding to my post here and in the ticket system.

We still have no idea what happened. I just hope it doesn't happen again.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Where are people getting their plastic protectors from? Some sets seem larger than others.

I plan on designing/machining my own, once my machine arrives. I make mine from 1/16 polycarbonate.

#91 4 years ago

My friend got his today, went over, had a couple game, put up the GC (he hates that), looked it over...

Quoted from stangbat:

-Right flipper wasn't aligned with the lane guide, adjusted that while I had the playfield up. No biggie, I imagine they aligned the flipper with the hole in the PF instead of the lane guide.

Same issue on his. Also, the bats do not seem to go as high as a proper rebuild should. I question if the proper stops/plungers are used with the same overall length as original b/w wpc95 design. I have rebuilt hundreds, and this seems like a wrong combination resulting in a not high enough bat height.

Quoted from stangbat:

I'm kind of disappointed with the high end of the audio. It is rather dull. The original game had one full range speaker in the back and one tweeter if I'm not mistaken. Without the tweeter the sound lacks range. I'll probably look into a different speaker, probably coaxial, to help things out.

My friend was NOT happy with the sound. I was confused when he first told me this, as I had heard they were going to be the uncompressed originals, but yeah, it's all a little jumbled. I think what you described is makes sense as the issue.

Other than that, he was happy. Seemed to play well, smooth ramp shots, cc looked good so far. I was more excited to see the guts (well, I do enjoy having the gc on all his games ). What are the menu buttons for in the head? PCB even in the power box... All looked interesting, but time will tell on longevity. The more I see PCB's and more components, the more I think there is more possibility for new issues. Not a complaint, but we all know how pinball enjoys finding failures for us.

Also, does anyone know if the original cliffy protectors all fit the MMr, I'm assuming so, but figured i should ask, as there may be slight PF differences.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Also, does anyone know if the original cliffy protectors all fit the MMr

Yes, I bought mine in October 2013 in preparation for receiving MMR. They fit fine.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I plan on designing/machining my own, once my machine arrives. I make mine from 1/16 polycarbonate.

Almost dropped you a line to see if you were making some.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

My friend was NOT happy with the sound. I was confused when he first told me this, as I had heard they were going to be the uncompressed originals, but yeah, it's all a little jumbled. I think what you described is makes sense as the issue.

Now that I've had a few weeks to play it and have hooked it up to a sub, I'm pretty happy with the sound. The voices are crystal clear and uncompressed. The sub has given an "oomph" to the game. The only thing that still kinda bugs me is the "bong" sound when it turns on...it still sounds distorted compared to a real B/W game...but the sound once you start doesn't have any distortion. Maybe they can improve the "bong" in an update but it's not the end of the world.

#95 4 years ago
#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Now that I've had a few weeks to play it and have hooked it up to a sub, I'm pretty happy with the sound.

Is there no cab speaker?

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Is there no cab speaker?

There is but it's not very bassy. Then again I'm used to either Flipper Fidelity cab speakers or external subs - so to be quite honest I don't know if a stock original MM sounds bassy or not. I'm so used to bassy games these days, it sounded very flat out of the box. Now that it's on an external sub it sounds robust like my other games.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Where are people getting their plastic protectors from? Some sets seem larger than others. TIA.

Bay Area Amusements has the 7 piece set in stock for a fair price. The 10 piece one is out of stock. Not sure the extra ones are really worth the effort.

#99 4 years ago

Just got the game set up and have a display problem. The image is shifted 20% to the right and the right side of the image is displayed on the left side of the screen. Went though all the connectors, but not luck. With CG closed for the weekend any thoughts?

019b66174c6a3185184889ad5f8b694898356077d1.jpg 0163df4c748fc28b378931c98a0080b94835c98ad6.jpg 019096ed0e286cf3c91c3114784fd05e5eb2228c9c.jpg 014ea38b2753072a7155eae37d0d4900236b502eaf.jpg
#100 4 years ago

Please check the LCD over to see if there are any controls on it.

If not, I'd try a factory reset next.

And open a ticket on the help desk.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medinah, IL
There are 206 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside