image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 206 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 9 years ago

Since MMr's are now entering service, I thought I'd start a thread here to see if we can set up a Pinside owners support group.

I got my game yesterday, and it's a beautiful piece of equipment; glad I bought it.

IMG_20150401_120102910.jpgIMG_20150401_120102910.jpg

I have an issue with my MMr and I've also posted on the PPS Site; where I suspect Lloyd will address when time permits.

The Ball in my MMr is getting struck in the Damsel tower, before it reaches the switch assembly at the bottom. It's stuck tight enough so the ball search does not shake it loose. If you tilt the playfield front up a bit, to slide it forward, the ball usually comes loose but not always.

I dropped a few balls into the tower by hand and it seems that the tower plastic "drop hole" is either too tight or the lip at the bottom is too large.

If the ball gets stuck, and that's about every time it goes there, the glass has to be removed and either the playfield needs to be tipped or I have to use my finger to push the ball thru to the bottom, where it then falls into the playfield lane.

Anyone else had this issue?

Robert

#2 9 years ago

IMG_1592.JPGIMG_1592.JPG

#3 9 years ago

I had a bad winding in my MMR LE Gold shaker motor which never ran from day one (Sat March 28th)and when I tested it Monday March 30th, the motor was getting proper voltage and was connected properly. It ran in the test mode only when I started by hand pushing the end weight. I did this twice and then on the third time hand starting it I ran it for about 1 minute and I started to smell smoke and the shaker stopped turning. Disconnected the shaker and reported it Tuesday and still waiting for reply from an issue ticket I turned in to Chicago gaming. So waited 2 full days now to see if they will send a new motor. Lloyd Olson was the only one who answered my questions. My issue ticket agent from Chicago Gaming on the trouble ticket said Doug Duba President. Since I am not hearing anything from Chicago Gaming or PPS I decided to spill my beans in hopes of getting a new motor which I thought they would respond to immediately and send one.
I wonder if the shipping delay has anything to do with my issue of my shaker motor burning up. You would think Chicago Gaming would want to get my burnt shaker back pronto to investigate to see if this could be a hazardous issue but no word. Strange on their part but playing a waiting game again

#4 9 years ago

TCD...Maybe we're the only ones with an issue.

Robert

#5 9 years ago

I have an issue: My MMr has not shown up yet!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

TCD...Maybe we're the only ones with an issue.
Robert

My issue ticket from CGC was #10 so probably not and there was another one that I saw with a scratch issue and PPS Rick said they are making scratch paint kits to be sent to those who found any.
I just don't like the delay in hearing what was being done with my issue.
My pin is playing fine and never have had the ball get stuck in the damsel tower, so I at least can play it without a shaker with no issues.

#7 9 years ago

waiting on mine (black trim)

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

At least you know that some of us have them and it more than likely will be soon and hope it comes sooner than later.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

My pin is playing fine and never have had the ball get stuck in the damsel tower, so I at least can play it without a shaker with no issues.

Yes, my game is essentially unplayable because you have to take the glass off to get the ball unstuck.

I put a post on the PPS site and also filled out a "ticket" on the Chicago Gaming site.

Robert

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

They're probably fixing things on it, before they ship it to you.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

They're probably fixing things on it, before they ship it to you.

True dat. I'm happy to be one of the last people in line to get my MMR. As someone who was the "first in line" to buy many products over the last 10 years and witnessed sometimes spotty quality control at launch, I've learned to be patient and wait until the initial kinks are worked out.

So the positive side for those of us still waiting for their MMR are probably more well-built machines as small adjustments get made.

#12 9 years ago

Are you reporting issues on the PPS forum too?

#13 9 years ago

Damn. Has anyone NOT had any problems out of the box with their MMR's.

I'm getting worried...

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Damn. Has anyone NOT had any problems out of the box with their MMR's.
I'm getting worried...

If you buy any NIB from any maker the chances are high that a few tweaks will be needed. It's the nature of pinball and the hundreds of mechs that come with them.

The shaker was the most powerful one I've ever experienced with factory settings.

Robert have you tried contacting PPS and/or Lloyd to see if it can be adjusted or if they just need to send out another assembly? The one I played a lot of never had this issue.

#15 9 years ago
#16 9 years ago

Yes contacted pps & Lloyd.

I fixed my issue by taking the right ramp off and loosening the tower. Then I trimmed the inside of the tower with a razor blade.

Then got a pry bar and slightly bent the bracket that is internal to to tower, towards the front of the machine.

I then enlarged the slot in the top of the tower and also pushed it toward the front.

The ball doesn't hang up any more, at least in the tests a a couple of games.

Robert

#17 9 years ago

I feel for you early MMR owners. I was an earlier WOZ owner and it took some time to get everything hammered out.

I personally appreciate you guys helping CGC get this thing dialed in for years of great play. Hope your issues get resolved quickly.

Cheers.

#18 9 years ago

Don't feel for MMRLE owners as most are playing and loving it. I had to adjust a switch and bend ball through oulet a little to prevent balls from not being kicked out. That's a small price to pay to be playing a brand new MMRLE right now.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Don't feel for MMRLE owners as most are playing and loving it. I had to adjust a switch and bend ball through oulet a little to prevent balls from not being kicked out. That's a small price to pay to be playing a brand new MMRLE right now.

Agree completely Pete.

Robert

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

it's amazing how familiarity breeds indifference. On the exact same night you guys are totally digging your new MMr games, I'm stealing the colordmd out of my MM to stick into Johnny Mnemonic. I'll get a new one for MM today, but for now, there's GOT to be a hotdog joint around here somewhere...

#21 9 years ago

For those who might not know, to get to the menus do the following:

For the MMr Williams Menu: push the enter button on the coin door (just like you normally do)
For the MMr CG menu: push and hold the exit button on the coin door for about 5 seconds

The Chicago Gaming menu allows display color and other adjustments not originally included on MM

Robert

#22 9 years ago

I'm loving my MMr today...just saying!

Robert

#23 9 years ago

one day.........one day...

#24 9 years ago

I got a stainless trim on order, after seeing the unboxing pics and such I'm getting real itchy! Congrats to all that have them and are enjoying them!

#25 9 years ago

itchy-pinball-1.jpgitchy-pinball-1.jpg

#26 9 years ago

Is anyone adding coin mechs to their MMr?

Robert

#27 9 years ago

Quick question: Anyone have an issue with the drawbridge closing all the way? I have adjusted the push arms, and switches to push to the max for closing, but the "safety slot" they put in the push arm keeps the bridge from closing all the way. Is there supposed to be a spring or other helper to help it close? The only way I can see to fix it beyond what I have done is to reset the arm on the drawbridge itself, however the set screw would need to be moved further back and is blocked by the mounting assembly (i.e. either need to remove the entire assembly, or possibly the castle section to allow the door to swing further back). Can someone post a picture of their castle with door closed?

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Buzzkill:

Quick question: Anyone have an issue with the drawbridge closing all the way? I have adjusted the push arms, and switches to push to the max for closing, but the "safety slot" they put in the push arm keeps the bridge from closing all the way. Is there supposed to be a spring or other helper to help it close? The only way I can see to fix it beyond what I have done is to reset the arm on the drawbridge itself, however the set screw would need to be moved further back and is blocked by the mounting assembly (i.e. either need to remove the entire assembly, or possibly the castle section to allow the door to swing further back). Can someone post a picture of their castle with door closed?

they are always part way open

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Buzzkill:

Same as MM always open just a bit

#30 9 years ago

Thanks guys! Given, now I feel like an idiot for playing with it for hours trying to get it to shut... I guess I'll put it back the way it was.

Thanks again!

#31 9 years ago

I believe HEP has a trick to make the castle door close all the way.

#32 9 years ago

384190.jpg384190.jpg

This is how I attached the Laseriffic topper to the power supply:

I removed the plastic cover from the power supply in the right front, by the coin door.

Attach the black lead to the ground lug (third from left when looking from the front).

Attach the red lug to the lug that is second from the right side.

Robert

MM power supply.jpgMM power supply.jpg

#33 9 years ago

thank you thank you thank you

#34 9 years ago

Just got the much anticipated email that my MMR is included at the tail end of the first batch and should be ready for shipping in 4-5 weeks. I can hardly wait!

#35 9 years ago

Mine has supposedly been on its way since the end of February! Haven't heard or seen a thing yet.

Will post on here when I get mine and what number it is.

Looking forward to any help needed from this, our 'support group'.

Mike in Kentucky

#36 9 years ago

Still playing mine...

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#37 9 years ago

Anyone get an MMR this week?

#38 9 years ago

I got mine today.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

I got mine today.

Awesome! I may get one down the road. The MMR plays fast and is super fun. Enjoy!

#41 9 years ago

Yes, I got an X-Men with a really beat up box, but luckily the game was fine.

Shipping damage can occur on any game.

Robert

#42 9 years ago

Got mine (#167, ordered to JJP) on Thursday and installed it today. Some minor paint imperfection on legs and coin door, and the back right leg plate protector was not installed properly (I had to Dremel 2 bolts to install the leg properly) but very happy overall. I'm lucky to have no issue in the gameplay, and I did not have to adjust anything to play it and have fun !

What a pleasure to install a NIB MM(R)

Hope the rest of you guys will receive yours soon and enjoy it.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

For those who might not know, to get to the menus do the following:
For the MMr Williams Menu: push the enter button on the coin door (just like you normally do)
For the MMr CG menu: push and hold the exit button on the coin door for about 5 seconds
The Chicago Gaming menu allows display color and other adjustments not originally included on MM
Robert

I was wondering how to access special settings menu, thanks a lot !

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I was wondering how to access special settings menu, thanks a lot !

The four diagnostic buttons on the coin door. Please hold the "Escape" button down for 5 seconds or so.

LTG : )

#45 9 years ago

Weird problem today... turned it on and got an operator message saying time/date not set, but game had my last score (and high score)- anyone have the same issue? Other than that, game plays great, but not sure I have it setup right (perfectly level horizontally, and 6.5 degrees tilt, but still can't make ramp shots easily - guessing that is normal?). Only issues I have are castle gate not closing, wizard hole needs adjusting (pops out most of the time without registering)- going to move the right guide to the left, and lane feed has issue with feeding balls- replaced two balls that had issue, but still needs adjusting, and finally catapult shot tends to bobble ball on ramp and drop back versus shooting all the way through. Costmetically great, only have cracks in speaker panel, and front decal is placed too far to the left (but they may all be like that). Any feedback?

#46 9 years ago

Congrats on your new game! A few thoughts:

Quoted from Buzzkill:

not sure I have it setup right (perfectly level horizontally, and 6.5 degrees tilt, but still can't make ramp shots easily - guessing that is normal?).

Have you tried adjusting the flipper strength? I don't own an MMR but think I've read this setting is in the diagnostics menu.

Quoted from Buzzkill:

wizard hole needs adjusting (pops out most of the time without registering)

You may be on top of this already but this is an issue with the original MM as well, here's one of many threads discussing:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/merlin-shot

#48 9 years ago

Hi,

I have however some question on how to fine tune this game:
- the castle gate, 100% functional, is not fully closed in the up position. Is there an adjustment to make it fully closed ?
- the right troll is less sensitive than the left one, and needs to be hit harder to register the shot. Is it possible to adjust this troll ?
- sometimes, the ball enters the castle wall (the lock shot) but does not fall in the castle but stays stuck behind the wall. Is it a normal behavior ?

Thanks,
Leo.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Hi,
- the castle gate, 100% functional, is not fully closed in the up position. Is there an adjustment to make it fully closed ?
- the right troll is less sensitive than the left one, and needs to be hit harder to register the shot. Is it possible to adjust this troll ?
- sometimes, the ball enters the castle wall (the lock shot) but does not fall in the castle but stays stuck behind the wall. Is it a normal behavior ?
Thanks,
Leo.

1) Completely normal. It allows for some "slack" so that ball strikes don't break the gears and mechanism that raises and lowers the bridge.
2) Inside of that guy is a leaf switch that can be adjusted closer to make it more sensitive to hits.
3) No idea other than that isn't normal.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Hi,
Thanks,
Leo.

the drawbridge does not close fully. actually being partly open seems to help direct balls down into the moat rather than deflecting back over the moat. When its hit really hard it can actually close and go into the door frame. when this happens you gets lots of airballs on hard shots until it lowers.

The troll is just a normal leaf switch assuming its the same as original. just adjust the blades behind the head closer.

Normal, no, unheard of, no. you might be able to slightly adjust the ball guides to avoid this. It only "normally" happens on a really slow entry to the castle that manages to unluckily settle there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 206 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-thread/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.