8696bc704e404b9a9f6e1bb70784b1ad3ff6fbfd_(resized).jpg
8b3f7c6059c50c48df5c782e1d5673931679d3fd_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 8 years ago

so these inserts are like this on all games or there was a batch with this "issue?"

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I actually looked closer tonight and it's all inserts that just have the black ink lettering and nothing else. There are some inserts that have white outlines on the lettering (blue inserts for example) and those look fine. The fade is most noticeable on the castle inserts because the font is smaller and thus harder to read to begin with and the inserts are white and have a crosshatch texture. Translucent ink and bright white light combines with the small font, white inserts, and crosshatching to make it really wash out. It's not a big deal...you don't read the inserts while playing.

Thanks for the description.

#39 8 years ago

Is part of the issue the angle you are looking at the playfield. Are original MM inserts clear? Maybe just frost them from the back.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Here is a picture of my original (Keller restored) MM for comparison
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Those inserts look much more frosted than what CGC is using.

1 week later
#116 8 years ago

Has anyone gotten any response from CGC on this issue?

#139 8 years ago

Communication is hard once the check clears.

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I remember right, the playfields and cabinets were done by Churchill which somebody said are the same people as CGC. So if that was true they are basically done in house and don't need to out source them. Shouldn't be much trouble to make as many as they need.
How this got beyond in house quality control is beyond me.

These should have gone through CGC QC twice and Stern QC as well. Wtf?

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from WIKED:

I have had a ticket opened for 24 days with no response so I wouldn't be expecting a quick reply if you have just opened a ticket.
Either they are flat out with tickets, understaffed or simply don't care.

Is your ticket in regards to the playfield issue or something else?

#203 8 years ago

playfields probably cost them under $200

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I can see how something like this might have happened. When I worked as an auto mechanic there were always those that thought they could save a buck by bringing their own parts instead of letting me get the best parts I could that I knew would last. So as long as it fit I would stick it in there and give no guarantee whatsoever.
Well, here you have Stern putting together somebody else's parts and do they really care about the ink job as long as it fits? It is the provider of the parts that in the end is responsible for how they look.

And these parts are provided by the end client so why should Stern even see it in their place to tell them that there is an issue.

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

That's not at all the relationship and not at all Stern's mindset. Stern has on various occasions shut the line down to QC issues that they detect, much to the consternation of CGC. Both companies especially Stern understand the implications of this game on the market, and they are supportive as if it was their own.
Oy.

That's great to hear but there still seems to a be an issue with the playfield printing that seemingly got by numerous QC checks.

Oy is right.

Like I've said elsewhere, maybe neither company views this as an issue, but the customers certainly do.

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

I don't. I'm just enjoying playing this magnificent game.

And that is great, others do. Your satisfaction doesn't diminish another's disappointment.

I personally want legible inserts and appreciate others bringing the issue to light with hopes that CGC fixes what seems like a printing issue.

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You are not allowing the companies to respond. If it was my company (and it's not), I would want to reply once with a complete picture of the issue and a plan to address it (if action was warranted). That is going to take time for any company who gives a damn about their customers as they owe it to their customers to do their homework, figure out what's actually what's going on and then figure out what to do. There is a culture of impatience online that does not translate to the real world. Rick has clearly communicated that Stern, PPS and CGC are aware of this. Let them figure it out without a chorus of "are we there yet?" from the backseat of the car...
Marc

That's very easy to say for a person who has their game without this issue.

As a person still on the ride Id like to know that the issue is addressed and I don't have to cross my fingers when opening my box.

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

My comments have nothing to do with my game. I want this to turn out in a positive way as I would like to buy future games.
I am sorry you're waiting and are nervous about the quality of it.
Marc

Appreciate that. I went through a lot of issues with my WOZ and really hate worrying about this shit.

I also know it's a game meant to be played but for the price tag and promise of quality I'm surprised with this issue. Seeing your pics in the other thread shows that earlier games are printed with more opacity than later games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-need-some-help?tu=taylorva and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.