8696bc704e404b9a9f6e1bb70784b1ad3ff6fbfd_(resized).jpg
8b3f7c6059c50c48df5c782e1d5673931679d3fd_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 8 years ago

Mine has the "faded" ink in the white inserts for the Kings men inserts too. You can't really read it too well when it's lit up and the ink is translucent when the insert light is off. It's like they were running out of black ink when they printed. It doesn't bother me too much, but it's definitely there.

Edit: I'm number 300 and got it just before New Years.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Muncher:

Nothing surprises me these days with manufacturing, bet the ink jet printer was on its last dregs of the black ..... Seriously though I've seen plenty of screening mistakes on Bally/Williams games so not surprised really, I'm guessing that this is more of an issue in a dark games room, the factory will be very well lit so maybe nobody has noticed, still sucks big time if it's not as you had expected and is bothering you

Strangely it's just those inserts though...everywhere else is ok. Those inserts are a slightly different style, so maybe it has something to do with that?

#35 8 years ago

I actually looked closer tonight and it's all inserts that just have the black ink lettering and nothing else. There are some inserts that have white outlines on the lettering (blue inserts for example) and those look fine. The fade is most noticeable on the castle inserts because the font is smaller and thus harder to read to begin with and the inserts are white and have a crosshatch texture. Translucent ink and bright white light combines with the small font, white inserts, and crosshatching to make it really wash out. It's not a big deal...you don't read the inserts while playing.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I'd say my game is fine and doesn't look washed out. I'll take a closer look today when I'm at my location, but I've glanced at it a few times after this thread and thought it must be a batch issue because I can read them on my game. My game was delivered in April 2015 so it was an early model.

Oh I can read them, don't get me wrong...they are just very difficult to read when lit up. Look at your blue inserts and then look at the castle inserts to compare.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Pictures are hard to judge by because of exposure variations/angles...etc.
In comparison to the other black text in inserts (like the castle crusher and joust champion inserts) they are noticeably faded/transparent.
No update from CGC as of yet.

That's because those inserts have white outlines and thus have been "inked" twice. They are not as translucent because of that.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Here is a picture of my original Keller restored MM for comparison

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

That looks beautiful...Ill take a couple pics of mine in a minute. Is that light bleeding through on the sides of the Francois De Grim insert?

#47 8 years ago

It looks like the original had frosted inserts there so that might explain it!

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Is this a big deal?

No.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

I also noticed this on the MMr we had in the shop at Rockland Pinball a few weeks back,
I don't think too many people have the original sitting right next to it to compare to (we did)
I wouldn't say its a huge deal but on a few of the inserts I noticed the black screened ink being washed out, Not just the Kings men's names, and it can't be put down to LED's because on that day we had 2 more original MM in the shop, One with LED's and one without,
Having said that I still feel the quality of MMr is incredible, Its only if you have a chance to see a nice original next to it is when you would get picky, I also noticed the resolution and color of the decals on the cab was slightly different again with the original being clearer, and also same goes for the backglass,
But, If I didn't have a beautiful original MM I would most def place an order for the MMr

Cab art I agree...clearer slightly on screened original. The translight though looks the same (actually, I thought MMr showed MORE detail and looked better because it lights up better). The apron is way better on the original. The screened art there kills the decals on MMr, although the metal LE plaque on MMr is really nice.

When the colorization for MMr comes out it will put it over the top.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Nveld:

292 in early August as well and printing is definitely darker.image_(resized).jpeg

Definitely.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

I have opened a ticket as well on my MMR for the thin ink on the inserts.

MMR_Inserts_(resized).jpg

Ditto

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

This photo is from their own website, http://www.chicago-gaming.com/mmr.php

mmr-playfield-large_(resized).jpg

Their left troll flap is twisted like mine. Originals were like that too. Is everyone else's?

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That's not a good example to use....the extra ball text has a red print border. The black text on most of the inserts don't have a border.

The extra ball has white ink under the black, like the blue inserts and jackpot inserts. That's why they look better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-need-some-help?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.