8696bc704e404b9a9f6e1bb70784b1ad3ff6fbfd_(resized).jpg
8b3f7c6059c50c48df5c782e1d5673931679d3fd_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

You can probably get some insert decals to cover that up or send the playfield out and have it restored. Doubt they will send you a new one. Even some original B/W games did not always have bold lettering like the paint went on too thin where others were just fine.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Restore the playfield? It's a brand new game.

I hear ya, but I don't think the warranty as it is written will do anything about it, except maybe send him some decals.

I had an original that somebody had put the brightest most blinding LEDS in and you could still see the letters plain as day.

#15 8 years ago

Yeah, I have a hard time believing they will be sending out a $60 set of decals. Seems too good to be true. A Sharpie may be more what they have in mind.

#18 8 years ago

Well please keep us informed how this plays out. I'd be really interested to see what kind of customer service Chicago Gaming provides and how well they back their product.

1 month later
#58 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Is this a big deal?

Maybe not. But it sure was a big price..and a long wait.

#60 8 years ago

I know what I'd do. Probably shouldn't mention it here though.

#62 8 years ago

That's what my original looked like. Only after half a bottle of bourbon.

#63 8 years ago

And where are these guys? They seem to show up when a shipping company is responsible for damages or they are working on patches.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

I just need to know their support is 100% there for us.

Yeah, where's the support? It seems these guys only show up here when they've got something to sell or somebody else to blame.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Then you should contact CGC directly.

People have tried. The only thing they seem to respond to is issues they are going to fix, but sometimes they don't respond to even that.

Two things a buyer in the secondary market will look for on these. Slingshot damage and this insert problem. If I was looking for a used one I wouldn't want either.

#80 8 years ago

That's good. I hope they send you another playfield then because there really is no other way to properly correct this issue.

#84 8 years ago

It would be easier than having them pick up the machine to do it. Unless you would rather use a sharpie or install decals...

#86 8 years ago

You bought a limited edition replica that was marketed to the high end collector and was priced accordingly.

Some, like you, are getting perfect playfields and others are not. Some are filing tickets because of this. And when a company offers a warranty and makes certain guarantees they should have extra parts available for those that are not satisfied, included in the original price.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

That's where this hobby generally loses me. I am absolutely not picking on you, but I didn't buy an investment. I bought a pinball machine.

And if you don't see the issue here why don't you trade your machine with the nice playfield with one of these guy's so they won't have to deal with the warranty process.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

And I would help another local owner do the swap 100%.

That's very thoughtful of you. The real question though is will those that are not satisfied get a replacement.

#97 8 years ago

They already have the playfields. Heck they are the ones that are making them. If anything put this project on hold I'd think it was the metal parts from wherever.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

CGC will right the issue. It is a manufacturing defect so it's covered. If I have to return this monster to get things right - I will.

Hopefully they will. Hopefully they will also take care of those with slingshot damage that opened tickets 4 or 5 months ago.

Sometimes you have to play hardball to get any results. It is well known that the AC/DC LEs came with cloudy lower playfield windows and very few replacements were issued. A friend of mine bought one of the first ones as his first NIB and raised hell when games started shipping with clear windows. Finally it came down to him saying something like send me one or I'm never buying your shit again. Sure enough I go over there and a fully populated BIBLE playfield with a clear window is sitting there waiting to be intalled. No charge.

He has been a loyal customer ever since.

#102 8 years ago

When my buddy decided to sell his AC/DC BIBLE with the clear window he got top dollar for it and it sold pretty fast.

#110 8 years ago

And coin mechs!

#145 8 years ago

If I remember right, the playfields and cabinets were done by Churchill which somebody said are the same people as CGC. So if that was true they are basically done in house and don't need to out source them. Shouldn't be much trouble to make as many as they need.

How this got beyond in house quality control is beyond me.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

These should have gone through CGC QC twice and Stern QC as well. Wtf?

Dunno man. A lot of questions about QC were raised long ago, but those that brought it up were told to shut up.

#155 8 years ago

So who's getting excited about the big reveal of game two at TPF come March?

#172 8 years ago

Removed by request of PPS

#192 8 years ago

I removed my above quote that I took from another thread where PPS had stated they would like to see more people file claims for damage done in shipping. At the request of the author.

So apparently they or he have read this thread.

#197 8 years ago

It was out of context.

It was a quote of his wanting people to file claims against shipping companies not his wanting people to file claims for warranty repairs. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers. Time to go play pinball.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

its a very expensive fix for CG

They could always take it out of the $8000 you sent them.

#208 8 years ago

I guess the point I've been trying to drive home is who cares besides them how much profit they made? They made a mistake plain and simple, and that is what warrantees are for. Either you keep hounding them or they will just laugh it off.

#212 8 years ago

I can see how something like this might have happened. When I worked as an auto mechanic there were always those that thought they could save a buck by bringing their own parts instead of letting me get the best parts I could that I knew would last. So as long as it fit I would stick it in there and give no guarantee whatsoever.

Well, here you have Stern putting together somebody else's parts and do they really care about the ink job as long as it fits? It is the provider of the parts that in the end is responsible for how they look.

#215 8 years ago

Exactly. You've got one expecting the other to find defects, and maybe vice versa. Parts get sent and machines come back. By then it's too late and Stern really has nothing to worry about as they are not warranting the product and it is not their parts. They just put together what was sent until it won't fit. Which was one of the holdups of production if I remember correctly. Fitment can hold up assembly but not finish.

#232 8 years ago

Oy

1 week later
#235 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I bet if they just release the color code the torches would cool down...

When they announce the price of that update new torches may flame.

Just like the slingshot issue, ignoring those that have a problem with the inserts and not offering any compensation will eventually burn out the fire of those that aren't happy. Then it's on to the next remake...

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

I seriously doubt they would charge for it.

It's already been said they will. Do you really think this company is not going to try to squeeze every penny out of their customers they can? If you think they believe they owe you something at this point, then you are as gullible as they probably assume you are.

#240 8 years ago

It's not that simple. I have owned a CGC Arcade Legends and their software updates are protected. One use and it's no good after that. No copying either. And believe me they aren't cheap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-need-some-help?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.