8696bc704e404b9a9f6e1bb70784b1ad3ff6fbfd_(resized).jpg
8b3f7c6059c50c48df5c782e1d5673931679d3fd_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Hi, I posted this on the MMr Fan Club thread but didn't get much of a response but I'm still hoping you fellow MMr owners can help me out.
Are the playfield inserts very hard to read for your MMR when they are lighted? I just received mine yesterday and was taken back by the inability to clearly read the lettering on the plastic playfield inserts. At first glance I thought that it must be the led boards that are too bright but it almost looks like the lettering is to light of a black and that it's being washed out by the leds.
I'm wondering if everyone else's are the same? Thanks
I tried taking some pictures and the only shot that comes close is the bottom insert in this picture and even this looks better than in person. The clear inserts seem to be the worst but almost all of them can not be read when they are on. I've adjusted the brightness on all levels but that doesn't help.

P1010330.jpg

The upper three insert lights look too bright in your photo.

1 month later
#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It looks like the original had frosted inserts there so that might explain it!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Either frosted inserts in the originals or the MMR LEDs are blowing out the letters because they are too bright.

#49 8 years ago

I just looked at my original MM that has a repro playfield and the inserts look very much like the MMr inserts when they are not lit up, but the letters are easy to read when my LEDs are lighting the inserts.
I am guessing the MMr LED brightness is a little too bright and washing out the visibility of the letters. The only other thing I can think of is possibly the black lettering might not be done with a dense enough ink.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Would you swap a playfield because a few of the insert lettering were hard to read?

That is not the point. The point is to get the value for which you paid and expected.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

A great question for CGC.

They have been asking CGC but not getting a response which is why this discussion continues.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

I feel a bit bad for them as they're going to have to take a hit righting the obvious QC issue here. And it is obvious people - I've asked my friends to read the inserts from standing position and got responses like "Duck of Barbie".
The solution has to be legitimate. If they offer stickers or discounts saying "It's the brightness of the LED's" - I'll go ballistic.
You don't let playfields with inserts you can hardly read leave your factory.
In not out for blood, not at all, I just want a complete product. The game freaking rocks other than this issue.

I would think an acceptable outcome would be to send a new unpopulated playfield to each that complained since that is what Stern and JJP seem to do when a playfield is defective but playable. Would that be acceptable to you?

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

I don't see how they can make any sort of grandiose gesture on this issue. How does one prove if they have faded inserts or not? What does it even mean to have faded inserts? How do you measure it?
Because it's an ill-defined problem, whatever course of action they choose, they have to be prepared to do it 1000 times. I seriously doubt they're willing to send out 1000 playfields.

It is not all 1000 games. It is a batch of the 1000 that have the defect.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

What defect? How do you measure it? Here's are 2 pictures of my machine in single lamp test mode. The insert with the light on looks faded when the flash is off. Turn the flash on, it looks ok. Do I have an issue? Or not?

20160130_111347_resized_(resized).jpg20160130_111307_resized_1_(resized).jpg

Yes yours looks to be a defect. You should be able to read the letters clearly regardless of whether any GI , flashers or house lights are lighting it or not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-need-some-help?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.