Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0204_(resized).JPG
duke_(resized).jpg
20160130_111307_resized_1_(resized).jpg
20160130_111347_resized_(resized).jpg
x_icon_control_toner1_(resized).png
mmr-playfield-large_(resized).jpg
20151129_191545_(resized).jpg
20151129_191653_(resized).jpg
8696bc704e404b9a9f6e1bb70784b1ad3ff6fbfd_(resized).jpg
8b3f7c6059c50c48df5c782e1d5673931679d3fd_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 3 years ago

It's not a very expensive problem for CGC to fix. even if it cost them $600 per playfield (which it most likely is a 1/4 of that maybe) and replaced it for every MMR owner (which obviously not all are affected) that would be an extremely small dent in the $8 million dollars that they collected for all 1000 MMRs (not including the standards that sold as well.....

#202 3 years ago

I think you are dreaming.
Let me remind you, they didn't ship with coin mechs to save costs.

#203 3 years ago

playfields probably cost them under $200

#204 3 years ago

A warranty is a warranty and things that are legitimate customer issues need to be fixed that is what a warranty is for otherwise they shouldn't have even had one

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

its a very expensive fix for CG

They could always take it out of the $8000 you sent them.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They could always take it out of the $8000 you sent them.

Not sure what they distributors made, Stern for the assembly line, etc, etc.

At this point Im happy I have a minty new MM with new electronics that I did not have to pay 14k for used original one.

#207 3 years ago

The point is that at $8k for a NIB machine no customer should have to just settle for "I guess it's ok enough"

#208 3 years ago

I guess the point I've been trying to drive home is who cares besides them how much profit they made? They made a mistake plain and simple, and that is what warrantees are for. Either you keep hounding them or they will just laugh it off.

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

The point is that at $8k for a NIB machine no customer should have to just settle for "I guess it's ok enough"

Stern/JJP in a nutshell.

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Stern/JJP in a nutshell.

Not my experience with JJP - all issues I had with my WOZ were handled promptly and properly.

#212 3 years ago

I can see how something like this might have happened. When I worked as an auto mechanic there were always those that thought they could save a buck by bringing their own parts instead of letting me get the best parts I could that I knew would last. So as long as it fit I would stick it in there and give no guarantee whatsoever.

Well, here you have Stern putting together somebody else's parts and do they really care about the ink job as long as it fits? It is the provider of the parts that in the end is responsible for how they look.

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Amen. We need an answer from CGC.

Sucks that this even happened - but they need to respond.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I can see how something like this might have happened. When I worked as an auto mechanic there were always those that thought they could save a buck by bringing their own parts instead of letting me get the best parts I could that I knew would last. So as long as it fit I would stick it in there and give no guarantee whatsoever.
Well, here you have Stern putting together somebody else's parts and do they really care about the ink job as long as it fits? It is the provider of the parts that in the end is responsible for how they look.

And these parts are provided by the end client so why should Stern even see it in their place to tell them that there is an issue.

#215 3 years ago

Exactly. You've got one expecting the other to find defects, and maybe vice versa. Parts get sent and machines come back. By then it's too late and Stern really has nothing to worry about as they are not warranting the product and it is not their parts. They just put together what was sent until it won't fit. Which was one of the holdups of production if I remember correctly. Fitment can hold up assembly but not finish.

#216 3 years ago

That's not at all the relationship and not at all Stern's mindset. Stern has on various occasions shut the line down to QC issues that they detect, much to the consternation of CGC. Both companies especially Stern understand the implications of this game on the market, and they are supportive as if it was their own.

Oy.

#217 3 years ago

What are you doing about the inserts?

Oy.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

That's not at all the relationship and not at all Stern's mindset. Stern has on various occasions shut the line down to QC issues that they detect, much to the consternation of CGC. Both companies especially Stern understand the implications of this game on the market, and they are supportive as if it was their own.
Oy.

That's great to hear but there still seems to a be an issue with the playfield printing that seemingly got by numerous QC checks.

Oy is right.

Like I've said elsewhere, maybe neither company views this as an issue, but the customers certainly do.

#220 3 years ago

I don't. I'm just enjoying playing this magnificent game.

#221 3 years ago

I checked mine and up close, they look fine but from playing distance, a little hard to read when lit. I think it has to do with that ribbed clear glass insert behind the castles and the modes. The King of Payne doesn't have it and is much easier to read when lit. the text seems dark, but that glass distorts it some, maybe. Can those be changed? I am assuming no but figured I would ask.

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

I don't. I'm just enjoying playing this magnificent game.

And that is great, others do. Your satisfaction doesn't diminish another's disappointment.

I personally want legible inserts and appreciate others bringing the issue to light with hopes that CGC fixes what seems like a printing issue.

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

And that is great, others do. Your satisfaction doesn't diminish another's disappointment.
I personally want legible inserts and appreciate others bringing the issue to light with hopes that CGC fixes what seems like a printing issue.

You are not allowing the companies to respond. If it was my company (and it's not), I would want to reply once with a complete picture of the issue and a plan to address it (if action was warranted). That is going to take time for any company who gives a damn about their customers as they owe it to their customers to do their homework, figure out what's actually what's going on and then figure out what to do. There is a culture of impatience online that does not translate to the real world. Rick has clearly communicated that Stern, PPS and CGC are aware of this. Let them figure it out without a chorus of "are we there yet?" from the backseat of the car...

Marc

#224 3 years ago

Accidental double post.

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You are not allowing the companies to respond. If it was my company (and it's not), I would want to reply once with a complete picture of the issue and a plan to address it (if action was warranted). That is going to take time for any company who gives a damn about their customers as they owe it to their customers to do their homework, figure out what's actually what's going on and then figure out what to do. There is a culture of impatience online that does not translate to the real world. Rick has clearly communicated that Stern, PPS and CGC are aware of this. Let them figure it out without a chorus of "are we there yet?" from the backseat of the car...
Marc

That's very easy to say for a person who has their game without this issue.

As a person still on the ride Id like to know that the issue is addressed and I don't have to cross my fingers when opening my box.

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

That's very easy to say for a person who has their game without this issue.
As a person still on the ride Id like to know that the issue is addressed and I don't have to cross my fingers when opening my box.

My comments have nothing to do with my game. I want this to turn out in a positive way as I would like to buy future games.

I am sorry you're waiting and are nervous about the quality of it.

Marc

#227 3 years ago

My guess is that they will narrow this down to a range of affected playfields.

The biggest issue for them is that the warranty promises a product free of manufacturing defects. They have to honor the warranty or crap will hit the fan.

It would be one hell of a hassle, but in order to keep their current customers AND ensure the community buys into the CGC Eco-system...what they should do is charge for (bare with me) and send populated replacement playfields out...AND have the affected customers send their defective ones back.

If they AREN'T defective - they keep the money. If they are - deposit is returned.

They use the electronics and toys returned for standards and the only thing they've lost is a playfield - not their customers trust.

It doesn't matter if you can "live" with the defects or not - its what those affected were promised.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

My comments have nothing to do with my game. I want this to turn out in a positive way as I would like to buy future games.
I am sorry you're waiting and are nervous about the quality of it.
Marc

Appreciate that. I went through a lot of issues with my WOZ and really hate worrying about this shit.

I also know it's a game meant to be played but for the price tag and promise of quality I'm surprised with this issue. Seeing your pics in the other thread shows that earlier games are printed with more opacity than later games.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Appreciate that. I went through a lot of issues with my WOZ and really hate worrying about this shit.
I also know it's a game meant to be played but for the price tag and promise of quality I'm surprised with this issue. Seeing your pics in the other thread shows that earlier games are printed with more opacity than later games.

You have nothing to worry about.

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

They use the electronics and toys returned for standards and the only thing they've lost is a playfield - not their customers trust.

This would lose their customers trust more than anything.

Would you be happy buying a NIB pinball and finding out second hand/ used parts were used?

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I can understand that, but I have the same problem (number in the high 400s) and the inserts are entirely legible. Faded rather than solid black? Yes. But my 9 year old has no problem reading them and neither do I. I really don't think you will be disappointed if you get the machine as is - it's really nothing like your WOZ playfield problem. To call it a defect is debatable, but even if you do, to replace the entire playfield as others have suggested would be like cracking a walnut with a sledgehammer.
Good topic for your next Podcast anyway! (big fan here)

#232 3 years ago

Oy

1 week later
#233 3 years ago

Check out the latest in depth review of MMRLE by Pinball News.
They bring up the insert issue in their review.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/medievalmadness/index.html

#234 3 years ago

I bet if they just release the color code the torches would cool down....

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I bet if they just release the color code the torches would cool down...

When they announce the price of that update new torches may flame.

Just like the slingshot issue, ignoring those that have a problem with the inserts and not offering any compensation will eventually burn out the fire of those that aren't happy. Then it's on to the next remake...

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I bet if they just release the color code the torches would cool down....

I seriously doubt they would charge for it. All the standards they are going to sell they are going to put it in for a selling point. And to make the test bed of LE owners pay for it would be ridiculous. Does not cost them anything if LE owners want to upgrade. At max have the LE owner pay for shipping if they want a SIM card instead of d/l.

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Check out the latest in depth review of MMRLE by Pinball News.
They bring up the insert issue in their review.
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/medievalmadness/index.html

They hit it on the nail. Such a shame. I was playing with my son and we could not tell what castle we were destroying without listening to the sound. Its a real crappy problem with no ideal solution for either side...

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

I seriously doubt they would charge for it.

It's already been said they will. Do you really think this company is not going to try to squeeze every penny out of their customers they can? If you think they believe they owe you something at this point, then you are as gullible as they probably assume you are.

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's already been said they will. Do you really think this company is not going to try to squeeze every penny out of their customers they can? If you think they believe they owe you something at this point, then you are as gullible as they probably assume you are.

Im not worried about it. If they do not give it out then someone will post it somewhere and we all will d/l it. Just a matter of time after its released.

#240 3 years ago

It's not that simple. I have owned a CGC Arcade Legends and their software updates are protected. One use and it's no good after that. No copying either. And believe me they aren't cheap.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 9.10
There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside