image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DB60E40A-0453-46A9-B275-D5419D2EE8FF (resized).png
29687233-E6A7-46A5-AEF6-3F6D58488A2C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (6 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (3 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (1 year ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zpinman370.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4259 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Once you have MMr buyers spending $10,000, close to $11,000 with tax, for that kind of money, you could get a HUO or even a restored original.
Just sayin, all the junk they add is fun I guess, but a HUO or restored original might be a better move.

So here in the great white north we are looking at $15K for the new Royale and that is not even anything limited so no #'s matching or any of that kind of thing. I was told by my distributor that CGC is going to make them as demand dictates so maybe not the panic that people need to have out of the gate to get one on order. I love the game but man the premium is steep on this one. Looks like its going to be the SE for 9K USD at least you get the RGB and larger display. Can't see the topper (although very cool) being worth $1K . Hopefully CGC puts out the game matrix on what the distinct differences are soon.

#4262 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its a tough buy at those numbers...I think by moving to the royal version u get the topper, mirrored blades, and powder coating...is it worth $1K? thats up for debate...they should have offered upgraded glass at that price to drive more buyers to those high margin upgrades.

Yes eh - throw in some PDI glass and it makes more sense from a value standpoint. I think that should be a standard for all manufactures at this level however sadly not.

#4307 2 years ago

It would be interesting to know how many of the Royal's actually get made out of the 500 they say are going to be run this one time only. I can see if demand is high it being more but who knows or really cares. This is a grail game for most, so like in a previous post even though pricey it is still a bargain comparative to what a restored one was going for. I am in for one of them -

#4315 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey.
General question not trying to stir up trouble. What is the feeling/thought about MM price at $10K (I know that you don’t need the topper and black armor trim) but I’m calling it $10,300 when I could get SW pro +DP pro for $11,200.
I realize these pros are the basic stripped down pins and not the full flight premiums or LEs. But still two gaming goodness for the slightly more than the cost of the top of the MM Royal.
My theory, impression is that MM is *not* twice the game of SW or Maiden or DP pro but that extras like prestige, toys, quality and to an extent nostalgia make up the difference.
Myself, I’m on the fence where I can afford whatever but also I’m kind of frugal and I do have several $8-9K pins already. MM would be the king or the crown jewel of a collection but there is something to be said for quantity as in more pins over quality. No?

How about compare the Stern LE's so it's apples to apples. I hear you on the pricing however for those of us that consider this a bit of a grail game it's the price we have to pay for pinball bliss

#4318 2 years ago

I hear you on the mirror blades but man they do look great and kind of add that extra bit of depth to how the game looks. and NO on the Pinstadiums before someone chimes in and says we need them. lmao

#4321 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I played a game the other day that had pin stadiums (first time seeing them) and they were pretty nice. Personally I think their over priced for what u get, but thats just my opinion. I've typically just added additional spot lights to games that are dark.

I have them on my Met Pro- and you know they are nice but for the cost and what they are would not by another set.

#4331 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

lmao.....note that even in the rough early videos of the color changes, no rainbows on the ramps, period.....
I think having the color RGB as an "effect" will be outstanding, knowing it always goes back to original white light, showing off the original color intent....too excited for this!!!!

Yes on the Mbr it looks great so expect the same on the new MMrR. Can't wait!!

#4372 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Good point...forgot about the blades so if your truly just buying a standard MMR and paying CGC to install upgrades then why isn't the powder coated trim an option for purchase?

I guess that makes the Royal the Royal?? has to be a little something to differentiate being you dont get any kind of plaque that I can see making it a numbered addition which is kind of odd as this version will be more limited than the LE's

#4377 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wait a minute.....you're right!!! this LE shit gets confusing....
The rehash of WOZ ECLE would be RR, then YBR (?)
Now MMrLE rehash is SE (?) or RE(?) or both....
I've put too much thought into this already, my head hurts......

MMrR should be the new designation to keep it simple - well until the next rehash but I kind of dont think that will happen for a while as CGC should be announcing the next remake soon would be my guess - or at least most of ours hope- they should be striking now to fill the void while Stern and JJP are messing around trying to fix the playfield issues they are having

#4414 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah Im not falling for this again. Only 200 .. yeah right, thats what they will say now. Already bought all these LEs and CEs, name doesnt mean nothing.

For those of us that are in on the Royal I am sure we (for the most part) don't care if they are numbered or not it was just the opportunity to get the full monty in one go. I do know that CGC was already committed to another run of the MMr prior to this upgrade for the LE owners and RE for those that wanted one. If demand is there maybe they run more who knows or cares. These guys are in the business to make $$/sell pins and that is good for the hobby. I for one would like to know what the next remake is going to be but that's a topic for another thread already out there.

#4447 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I had 886 plays on my LE before I sold it to cash out for a Royal Edition, have no fears jealous man, I will play that crap out of it too.

I am in the same boat with my MBrLE have like 400 plays on it vso far now cant wait for the new Royal so i can play it too. Looking is cool but playing is sooooo much better

#4453 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

OMG the drama!! Surprised we didn’t get a Hitler video out of it.
Can you tell me why I should buy Royal instead of buying 2 Stern pros (Maiden + SW for example). 6 flippers instead of 2.
I’m truly asking, I love MM but love other pins too.
I understand $10k is baller money but if sold down the road hard to lose more than $1500 ish. So it’s not that bad.

I was a bit on the fence with that as well- getting two Pro's for slightly more - but then you look at what MM is and the fact that Stern is having playfield issues and they look like a mine field after a few hundred plays - it makes the new MMrRE make sense

#4536 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was still told " sometime in January, but delays can happen" for the RE.
Personally not concerned...earlier or on time would be great, but just happy I'm getting one..

Well I hope not before Christmas. I promised the GF a trip down south at that time so would have to tell her i have to cancel to stay home and wait for my MMr to arrive

3 weeks later
#4666 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

They haven't said anything. Does it really matter though? Would it make the difference between buying it or not?

Made no difference to me. I was going to buy the regular MMr but when they came out with the MMRE it was like ok then whats another 2K for something that will give you enjoyment for years to come. Looks like I am in the suckers club with you and we have to still pay a bigger premium due to the Canuck peso- ugh

1 week later
#4683 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I haven't heard Boo on the upgrades....my guess its not until January or maybe February....CGC makes great games, but their always behind schedule.

I am ok with that - parting with $15K(canuck pesos) before Christmas may be hard to explain to the wife when she doesn't get her usual bling and i get mine

#4688 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Im sure it won't be there by xmas...I've owned all the CGC games and they are usually 3-6 months behind schedule....MMR might be different since they've already built the title.

Yes my distributor figured February so all good

4 weeks later
#4789 2 years ago

the dimpling is the one thing that I found odd when I got my MBrLE- within 100 games it had a ton so was a bit disappointed compared to my older Stern's and considering CGC's rep for great playfields. I have seen some of the newer Stern's and they look like a minefield comparatively. My point is CGC does manufacture a good product (have a MMr Royal on order) but so do all the manufacturers. There is always going to be exceptions no matter who produces the pin

#4808 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

yea, but the challenge will be that most distributors will ask for the money early even though the game isn't ready to ship. Unless my game isn't built, boxed and ready to ship I wouldn't pay anyone....I can't tell you how many times I've received an email saying your game is schedule to be on the line sometime in the next couple weeks so we need full payment, and 30-60 days later the game finally ships....its annoying

I have to say my distributor has been fantastic- give them the $1000.00 at time of order and the remainder the day it arrives to their warehouse and I go pick it up. Very simple and the way it should be.

#4815 2 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

I'll sell you my spot for 1 million dollars. Might cost more from a scalper later.
In all seriousness. They sold out right away. I can't see a world were they don't do another run someday.

I'll go one better $999,999.00 Canuck Bucks even Looks like at least there will be a couple heading to the great white north

#4821 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You just keep your Monopoly money there, Mister. That’s just Looney...

Yes eh - the Canuck Peso will cost us $15K vs the $10K for your Yankee dollar

2 weeks later
#4883 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Can anyone help me turn the knocker and shaker motor off on my LE?
Couldn’t seem to find it in the settings.
Thanks!

OFF?? I hardly ever feel my shaker come on- only time is when the mummies coffin opens it seems like.

#4890 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Didn't realize there were mummies in Medieval Madness....

OMG- was in the wrong thread -doooooh !! Sorry guys

2 weeks later
#4973 1 year ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

MMr SE arrives tomorrow and I’m so excited.

POST PICS PLEASE

#4996 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

MMR buyers probably financed a lot of the tech, being first, and the reason why AFMR and MBR machines were cheaper than MMR. All the more reason for some payback to those non-LE buyers especially for the large DMD option. IMHO.

OK so its MMrRE, a grail pin worth the extra 2K over the MBrLE and AFMrLE's . Lets just hope this is not the new norm to keep jacking up the price. Can anyone say Stern or JJP

#5088 1 year ago

PICS WE NEED MORE PICS

1 month later
#5294 1 year ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Anyone else have an MMrRE on order that is a little uneasy on parting with $10k right now? My distributor is great, keeping me up to date, and has told me to get the remaining money due in very shortly because CGC is only waiting for one final part for the topper. $10k is a tough pill to swallow with all this excessive hysteria going on. What are the rest of you doing? Thanks. I still want the game, but questioning parting with that much cash at this moment

You guys are lucky- the Canadian peso is at a 17 year low to the USD so this sucker is going to cost me like 16.5K all said and done. I hope they don't ship anytime soon so the loonie can recover

#5304 1 year ago

Hey Guys- how about some more un-boxing pics of the new machines?? There must be some of you that are getting them delivered

#5307 1 year ago
Quoted from OverPar:

Here you go. Classic edition i received at the end of January.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!!! Thx for posting - keep them coming as we all need some good news these days and seeing someone getting a new pin always makes me smile - would be even more if it was me though

#5309 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Are the CE’s sold out? Do they plan on making more after the RE’s?

I think i read on here something like 500 or so total run with the RE being 350 of them but who knows. I would think if you want one they would make them unless they are moving to the next pin but haven't seen any new release info for it yet.

1 week later
#5336 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Waiting months for these Royals to actually ship out just sucks. I know, I know,.. first world problems.
But damnit if CGC had shipped out ON TIME we'd have our games during this LAME virus shutdown BS.
There, I said it!!
Grrrrrr

I know it sucks for sure. I wonder how many are going to bail on this at 10K as they need $$ for other things now. I am betting a good bunch and I am sure sales for all the manufactures are going to be slow for the foreseeable future.

#5345 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I have the money for this sitting since August 2019 but if the exchange rate doesn't recover I may have to bail also.

Yes EH - us hosers are gonna really get hosed with the exchange - i think we are at like close to 16K CAN with the taxes

#5351 1 year ago
Quoted from RooDoom:

See that is what I am struggling with. I am waiting for mine, deposit paid in November of 2019. But I feel guilty....

I think we are all struggling with this type of purchase especially from a want vs need perspective. The only thing you can do is look at it as your enjoyment in life and in these circumstances it is all some people may have. If you can still afford it why not, as we all have to do our part to keep the economy going once this ends. As for the optics of say having it delivered to your business, or door, maybe go pick it up, warp it in a tarp, unload in the garage and straight to the pin room. No one will be the wiser. Well until you post new toy pics on facebook or Pinside

#5368 1 year ago

NO and i think most of the distributors may be shut and deemed non-essential so not likely anything until the covid blows over

1 week later
#5419 1 year ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Just checked mine and it's supposed to arrive at the shipping terminal Wednesday. Guess Ill call tomorrow and schedule a delivery.

Great for you- lets see the unboxing and game pics as it sounds like you may be the first to get the RE - lucky man

#5422 1 year ago

You're killin me! Mine was scheduled for delivery on thursday but now fedex says there's a frickin delay. Grrrrrrrr

HAHA - you guys are both killing the rest of us who have no idea when we will se ours -ugh

#5461 1 year ago
Quoted from Bdeuell:

Thanks for the blanket on the stairs truck side down idea/info. It’ll be a tight fit on the width, but I think it’ll work. I may still have to wait till tomorrow AM for help guiding it up, but meanwhile here’s a pic of the topper.[quoted image]

Nice topper but we need MORE PICS - Please, pretty Please - the rest of us have to live vicariously thru you now

#5466 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

MMR RE #10 in the house![quoted image]

sweeeeet get that baby open with lots of pics

#5481 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Yeah, I was just using the serial number.

here is an opportunity for someone to design a small plaque with serial #'s based on what is on the serial # tag. We can all then track thru some sort of database how many actually get made. I am sure these are all going into peoples homes so should be relatively easy to do.

#5495 1 year ago

Hey Guys,
How are the graphics with the new bigger screen? We need some game play footage

#5547 1 year ago

His Royal Highness Sir Medieval the 12th reporting for battle![quoted image]

Get that sucker out of the box with lots of pics as you go - the rest of us have to live vicariously thru you lucky few that have received your games

#5563 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Last I heard there should be about 350 RE's made. So 1 of 350...

Yes eh - we need to get a database going of all the #'s as it looks like they will be more limited than the LE's even if CGC doesn't want to give us any special recognition of the RE on a nameplate etc. Looks like the ones coming north will be June if lucky

#5566 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

P1 has to re-open before they get shipped North.. I'm pretty anxious to get my hands on mine!

Yes me toooooo!!

#5577 1 year ago

You are correct it is a bit of a $$ grab considering what the AFMrLE and MBrLE sold for. which have the bigger screen Topper and powder coated rails etc. But for most, if your going to spend 8K, whats another 2K to get what you want and may not have a chance to get again. I kicked my ass for not getting the AFMrLE so figured i may as well bend over and take it like a man this time

#5581 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Good man! u only live once

I have the MBrLE and its a beauty so i hope nothing less for this one. You can definitely tell the build quality is there but the play field still dimples so that one they do need to improve on lol

#5589 1 year ago

Pics we need more pics and video even better come on guys help the rest of us out that may be waiting months yet

#5592 1 year ago

Let me know specifically what you want to see and I'll post more pics

would like some nice close ups of the play field and the speaker panel finish

#5604 1 year ago
Quoted from wamoc:

Within a given distributor it should be done chronological order, but it wont be between distributors. The shipping cost for shipping all of an allotment for a distributor at once is significantly cheaper than shipping them one at a time (shipping freight is not like using standard UPS/Fedex), so to cut costs they are likely sending out a batch at a time to a distributor. I initially put a deposit down in February of last year and my distributor has not heard anything on when they are getting theirs in. Talk to your distributor to see if they have any ideas on when they will get their allotment and where in the allotment you are.

I do know our distributors here in Canada are shutdown until at least June so we won't see anything coming north for a long time -ugh

#5665 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, but just because it's been done that way doesn't mean it's a good idea.

The whole list is bogus anyway as they don't do proper sampling and have a minimum benchmark to be rated. That's why we see all these new titles shoot straight to the top all the time. IMO there should be at least 300 - 500 ratings to get on the list or have an asterisk beside it as pending until it meets the threshold of enough people rating it

1 week later
#5898 1 year ago
Quoted from mbgibbs13:

Quick and possibly dumb question...this is my first NIB and only my 3rd pin ever. The rollover switch slots are very rough - all of them look like they've been "cut" or even "crushed" with a blade and it doesn't look clean. I've attached a couple of pics that don't really do it justice. My other two pins aren't like this - maybe that's just from wear over time.
So the question is - are the rollover switch slots supposed to look like this on a brand new playfield?
[quoted image][quoted image]

No they shouldn't and the screen printing looks off center as well. Is this a Royal or CE/SE?

1 week later
#6027 1 year ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

The disproportionate scale of those toys versus the castle makes the castle look diminutive.

Indeed - sometimes too many mods is not a good thing- not my taste but to each their own as long as it makes you happy

#6049 1 year ago

Quoted from imagamejunky:This was discussed before they ever shipped the first RE. CGC was waiting on a part for the topper and I asked the same question, if they could ship the topper separately. They want to save money in shipping costs. It would cost more to ship the game and then ship the topper separately later.
And if this is a part that is installed in the backbox then they wouldn't be able to ship the completed game out.

The big question is, if waiting from China, and coming in a container these parts are not that big. In reality they should have all come at once. Something doesn't sound 100% right about all the theories as to why they are not shipping. In the end, like so many have said before me, it's CGC what do you expect. Make great games but the communication is sorely lacking

#6059 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

There is no other hobby where enthusiasts spend an obscene amount money (10k or more) and routinely accept such shameful service and non-existent warranties. Me included. It would take 3 minutes to send an update to distributors on the status of games. This is BS.

LOL - yes eh - it's because we are all lemmings when it comes to our toys - Give us that new shiny thing and we get all gaga over it - sad but true - I am just happy I am in the position, as are the rest of us, to be able to get one - the wait really sucks though

#6105 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I also have these weird spots on my royal’s playfield. Anyone even seen before? CGC has been silent on all my issues for weeks now.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's brutal - looks like they used some emery paper or something coarse to make all those swirls. If you wax it does it look better? Little marks are common but when you pay a premium price you kind of expect a premium fit and finish. I am kind of glad I haven't received my RE as it appears they have some issues on the first offs.

1 week later
#6163 1 year ago

Any new news on shipping???

#6165 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You should probably check directly with P1. Even if CGC is shipping games this week it doesn’t mean they are sending P1’s allotment.

yes P1 said MAYBE a few weeks IF CGC gets the part they needed and starts production again Need to pay for this puppy before the dollar takes another nose dive lol

#6171 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I checked with P1 in Mtl and CGC told them they have ALL parts to finish and the production line is fully up and running. P1 expects their games within 2 weeks... I will believe it when I see the game in my basement lol.

Cool- lets hope our Canuck peso gains some more strength in the next couple weeks

#6198 1 year ago
Quoted from monte_:

Is this a screw I can find at any hardware store or do I need and wait and get replacement from CGC. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a 1/4"-20 set screw would work - I am sure Lowe's or Home Depot sells them

#6222 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

P1 are getting their games today or tomorrow (Toronto). The Montreal office expects their games on Thursday (from Toronto).
I am stoked!!!
Weather better be nice on Friday (Distro is about 100 miles away and I only have an open box truck).

Cool - I will have to touch base with TO. I am in same boat with an open truck but only 45 minutes away so shouldn't be an issue i hope

#6225 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

P1 are getting their games today or tomorrow (Toronto). The Montreal office expects their games on Thursday (from Toronto).
I am stoked!!!
Weather better be nice on Friday (Distro is about 100 miles away and I only have an open box truck).

Just as a quick FYI - P1 in TO is hopeful to get their games in yet this week but no guarantees at this point. Paid for mine, now waiting on the call to go pick up

#6235 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Weird. They actually received them on Monday. Mine leaves for Montreal today.

Hows that?? and who is your source?? I was told yesterday they had yet to arrive??

#6238 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

I’ve also been told by P1 in Toronto that the Royals hadn’t arrived (as of Tuesday) but were expected any day.
Interesting that P1 Montreal would get their allotment sooner.
Either way, it sounds like they land this week.
Can’t wait for this beauty to arrive!

yes eh - that is a bit strange but ok, and yes can't wait as well. I have never been in such a rush to part with $15K lol

#6242 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

zpinman370: Agreed, it’s a huge price tag in $Cdn; but I’ve been waiting years to get a fully decked out MM back in the house.
Guessing a few days more shouldn’t be too bad lol.

yes eh i have been wanting one for a long time as well - BTW- nice collection you have!!

#6244 1 year ago

Ok boys - Joining the club soon - just got confirmation mine is in at P1 and will go pick it up tomorrow

#6245 1 year ago

BTW - has anyone been keeping up the MMRE owners thread with the #'s??

#6248 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Ditto!! Told u it was in

yes eh but they told me they just arrived today lol

#6249 1 year ago

I have been. If people want to be included they can post on that thread and I'll update the list.

Ok will post my # once I get along with some unboxing pics

#6268 1 year ago

Hi All,
MMRE # 4176 is now residing in the great white north

#6280 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It’s an escalera stair climbing dolly with forklift attachment. Here’s a video where i unload by myself using the pinball plate attachment(longer).
Brought the game inside and in the basement alone.
The forklift is removable. I just use the dolly part to get it in the house and downstairs. I then use the lift if I am alone to get the game up and put the legs on.
Expensive (bought it new - cost as much as my Dr Who...) but my back is bad so it’s invaluable for me.

NICE!! Mine is still in the garage waiting for a helper to break our backs getting it into the basement lol Will post some pics tomorrow hopefully

#6297 1 year ago

Hey Guys,
More unboxing pics from the Great White North Game plays awesome out of the box with no real issues other than a bit of glass rattle when the shaker gets going strong. Now to tweak things in and PLAY

20200611_123118 (resized).jpg20200611_150842 (resized).jpg20200612_172537 (resized).jpg20200612_180450 (resized).jpg20200612_210713 (resized).jpg20200612_210659 (resized).jpg
#6327 1 year ago
Quoted from Lame33:

MM-4243 arrived today. First nib and an amazing game.
I've got some cliffy's and titan rings to install, but mostly just enjoying it so far.
The most unexpected thing is how long it takes to boot. First time I turned it on, I thought it was dead.

Yes I thought the same thing as well. I do know my MBLE at least has the speaker lights that come one right away while it boots up so you know its working. I wonder if they could do some sort of code thing to make that happen with MMRE

#6342 1 year ago

Hey guys- dont forget to post in the MMRRE-Tracking thread - at some point it would be nice to have Pinside actually create a sub category for it in the Top 100 as well

#6343 1 year ago
Quoted from sugarhillabe:

Just received today my MMR alternate translite from Brian Allen @ Flyland Designs! Looks great and I think Brian did a great job! My only question now is if I should still get the new topper or just limit myself to the RGB lighting update!
[quoted image]

New topper is definitely cool- I do find that it has great detail on the figures but the light show is not as nice as the MBRLE's

#6357 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Challenge accepted. Back in a few with some pics!

I got a piece of the Stern HD glass with my game from P1 and installed right away same as my MBLE. Maybe not as nice as the PDI but not bad

#6359 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

How much does P1 sell it for? (Cdn)

Gave it to me with the game- you mean you didn't get that deal??

#6361 1 year ago

LOL just messing with you it was like a little over $400 incl taxes

#6362 1 year ago

They should include it though for the $$$ we have to pay -ugh

#6365 1 year ago

it does make a difference - got my trough and under cab lights done the other day now just need to find time to put the mantis protectors on- one last mod is the Merlin then I am done - need to save some $$$ for GnR lol

#6367 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

I have PDI, Stern HD or Invisiglass on all my pins; and in my set up, it also makes a big difference.
I put a sheet of PDI on my Royal and it’s looks fantastic.
Agreed with others that CGC should include a sheet of non-reflective glass with their LEs.
Regardless, the extra features of the Royal look amazing.

Yes eh - I was hoping to get to the US this summer to get some PDI but looks like that's a no go. Is there anyone in Canada importing it? P1 has the HD but nothing else

#6370 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

zpinman370: Sorry, I’m not currently aware of anyone bringing PDI in.
In my set up, I find PDI > Invisglass > Stern HD. However, I feel they’re all a big enhancement over regular glass.

Yes the PDI does seem to be the best looking. funny the $$$ we will spend to get that see thru look

#6382 1 year ago
Quoted from Scott9:

Am I just to download this file to a disc and insert it into the machine????
[quoted image]

Interested in this as well if someone has the data file and instructions

#6389 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I wish. I remember this was a point of discussion here that they don't even give a $0.50 key fob with your $10kUSD machine... Or anti-reflective glass..

I didn't receive anything just the manual - and to boot usually P1 will throw in some super band flipper rubbers and Silverjets and didn't get that either wtf - must be cost cutting all the way around or they figure we have too much $$$ buying these things at what they cost

#6403 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Page 1-11 and 1-12.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great to know- now does anybody have the data file to share like what was posted earlier that showed the serial #

#6424 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

Meri-cah and pinfarmer: perhaps Lloyd has some further suggestions.
Wondering how it can be so different on my set-up.
My family were commenting on the improved difference with the saucer between the Royal and our original.
At both default power and -1 flipper settings, I find the ball sticks very well and there wasn’t much differences in strength.
I’ve heard of owners installing drop dead foam to offset this issue or were even lowering their Merlin saucers from underneath the pf.
I’ve never done either myself but perhaps other owners can chime in with solutions.

My Merlin is very sticky as well. You have the odd one that blows thru but i would say at least 90% stick in the hole. I wonder what will happen once i put my Mantis protector in if anything??

#6461 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Installed the topper last night. I think the MBR topper has a better lightshow.
It looks great though...maybe they'll do a code update for the lights. [quoted image]

I agree i thought exactly the same thing - OK CGC we need an UPDATE-

#6479 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Where did you get a RE blanket??

Yes and the MB - great line up - we are all going to want some of those blankets though sweeeeeet

#6481 1 year ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

So I started making my own blankets for all my games. We had a cat with claws that would jump up on my games. PDI glass and cats with claws does not work. There are many websites where you can create your own design, upload images, use special effects, etc. Mine are towels but blankets work too.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Super cool- looks like the towels are just the right size- can you post some info on the web site and towel size

#6495 1 year ago

Hey guys- have any of you installed the Lermods trough light? I tapped into the left sling GI and it made that side do different things than the right side(they used to react the same) i took it back out and issue went away. Just wondering if any other spot to tie into- I really like the trough light and under cab light which I also have on my MBle and it works fine there

#6507 1 year ago

Just wanted to make one nice comment on the play field of my new MMRE.

It's FANTASTIC not sure what CGC did over MBr but not one dimple so far on this baby @ 100 plays. Could it be the time the games were sitting to allow the clear to cure better?

#6519 1 year ago
Quoted from antbanks:

Hi, was wondering if this is normal for the drawbridge to hang open a little like this when it’s upright. It functions 100% but when it draws up it doesn’t go all the way vertical and hangs open just a bit. Any advice or info is appreciated.
[quoted image]

as mentioned above totally normal once you hit it will close up

#6530 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

In general, Cliffys use what already exists, mounting holes/screws, press on edge protectors, press fit no adhesive. Mantis protectors, most of them require drilling new mounting holes. Different design approaches it seems, between the two.

You actually need a combo of the two if you want the best protection - some are easy and others a PITA to install

1 week later
#6616 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

My MMrRe plays great, but there is a "buzz" when the sound is playing. I only have the sound set to 5 or 6. Is this normal? Is there an easy fix?

I have that same kind of buzz or extra base at the end of ball - it is kind of annoying - not sure if same thing though

#6639 1 year ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

About how long is Cliffy behind on shipping for those who recently ordered a set?
In all fairness to Cliff he told me he's backed up, just curious how long others have waited recently since he wouldn't commit to a time frame? Tks.

i just ordered some items and he told me 3-4 weeks. Not a biggie just need to be patient and we will all get them.

#6643 1 year ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I have that same kind of buzz or extra base at the end of ball - it is kind of annoying - not sure if same thing though

Just a quick follow up to this post.

Upon further investigation it appears it was more the back glass rattling from the speaker base at the end of ball. I took some black electrical tape and ran two strips along the top and bottom and this made a nice difference on the hum

1 week later
#6686 1 year ago

Hi Guy's,
I want to give a shout out to Lermods who helped me with my trough light that didn't work correctly hooking up to the GI's at the front of the machine on my MMRE. Was sent a new one with a longer lead that could hook up further back and all is working GREAT!!

#6725 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I have had 2 balls in the catapult but never 3. 2 will clear after a few attempts.

Yes just had this the other day and it took a couple tries but did clear - 3 wow??

#6726 1 year ago

hey guys don't forget to rate the MMRE's so we can get it included in the top 100 MM category

#6745 1 year ago

Hey Guys,
Does anyone have a hi res pic of the MM logo?? I am wanting to get some custom towels made to cover the glass when not playing and can't seem to find anything decent.Also a MB would be great as well - thx in advance

4 months later
#7976 1 year ago

Added the missing plastic to my MMRE - now it looks complete - Thx Westsiderkg!!

20201215_180511 (resized).jpg
#7984 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

My MBr is very dimpled
Basically no dimples on my MMr royale
BUT my mmr did almost immediately start chipping at Merlin and the castle moat similar to what others have reported.
Personally I would rather have the dimples.

I have the same thing with my MBLE with a ton of dimples which at first was very disconcerting but used to it now. Have basically not a mark on my MMRE. I chalk it up to the fact that the playfields were made and then covid hit so they had more time to cure and harden up on the MM's

2 weeks later
#8068 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Good one! I like it! Fairly safe.

Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Too soon........Wait at least 13 more days.........

We on the outside have been binge watching the last season of "The United States of America" - very entertaining in a sad way. MAGA looks to be a an oxymoron or is it just a moron

3 months later
#8462 8 months ago

thinking of selling my MMRE - what's the going rate for one of these bad boys these days??

#8464 8 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Royal? Mmm idk about $14k? But prices seem to be in flux with some random game sales that were higher than usual. I think earlier this year they were about 11-12k

ok - 14K is not bad actually - maybe I should be like all these other jokers asking big $$ and go 20K to start hehe

#8475 8 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Lol. That’s the MM market problem. Everyone’s keeping theirs. Says tons about the title! More and more ‘wanted’ ads.

Hey first person with $20K can have my real deal MMRE - for another 10K I could be convinced to throw in it's sister MBLE

1 month later
#8543 7 months ago
Quoted from medic7000:

Does anyone know if mm topper is shorter than Monster bash’s? My mb topper didn’t fit due to my low ceiling and probably needed 1/4 inch clearance.

they look the same to me

20210612_111915 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#8807 3 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I know they'll never do another run of the Royal editions,but I'd be okay with "The Super Duper edition"

I would be willing to take 20K for my MMRE if intersted

#8809 3 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Im sure you would I had a friend offer me his for 16,000 and that was still too high.

Yes eh can't blame a guy for trying but that was the CDN peso so.... Besides if they can get all kinds of crazy $$ for some of these new titles why not for the MMRE which is even more limited in reality

Maybe put it up for auction as those guys really wanna pay lots

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zpinman370.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside