Topic Stats

• 4,869 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 265 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 592 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

238385DE-4D61-45E6-A1FC-6E69B4EE2406 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4298 (resized).JPG
0EBB2CDF-C0CC-4115-BEAB-5A60471E54D0 (resized).jpeg
52F32CC1-5E75-40B1-8E89-D1E086DC6339 (resized).jpeg
5A3FDCCD-7068-4E71-9208-6E60B939A13A (resized).jpeg
20191218_213207.jpg
20191218_173406 (resized).jpg
20191218_165621 (resized).jpg
DC27E4EE-BB7E-457B-A80F-33F3B5565091 (resized).jpeg
pic1 (resized).jpg
triceratops02.jpg
face off poster simple layers.jpg
sidon dash river layout one.jpg
sandman one.jpg
plane_green_b_w sketch.jpg
oldman_bodies.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zpinman370.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4259 88 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Once you have MMr buyers spending $10,000, close to $11,000 with tax, for that kind of money, you could get a HUO or even a restored original.
Just sayin, all the junk they add is fun I guess, but a HUO or restored original might be a better move.

So here in the great white north we are looking at $15K for the new Royale and that is not even anything limited so no #'s matching or any of that kind of thing. I was told by my distributor that CGC is going to make them as demand dictates so maybe not the panic that people need to have out of the gate to get one on order. I love the game but man the premium is steep on this one. Looks like its going to be the SE for 9K USD at least you get the RGB and larger display. Can't see the topper (although very cool) being worth $1K . Hopefully CGC puts out the game matrix on what the distinct differences are soon.

#4262 88 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its a tough buy at those numbers...I think by moving to the royal version u get the topper, mirrored blades, and powder coating...is it worth $1K? thats up for debate...they should have offered upgraded glass at that price to drive more buyers to those high margin upgrades.

Yes eh - throw in some PDI glass and it makes more sense from a value standpoint. I think that should be a standard for all manufactures at this level however sadly not.

#4307 87 days ago

It would be interesting to know how many of the Royal's actually get made out of the 500 they say are going to be run this one time only. I can see if demand is high it being more but who knows or really cares. This is a grail game for most, so like in a previous post even though pricey it is still a bargain comparative to what a restored one was going for. I am in for one of them -

#4315 87 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey.
General question not trying to stir up trouble. What is the feeling/thought about MM price at $10K (I know that you don’t need the topper and black armor trim) but I’m calling it $10,300 when I could get SW pro +DP pro for $11,200.
I realize these pros are the basic stripped down pins and not the full flight premiums or LEs. But still two gaming goodness for the slightly more than the cost of the top of the MM Royal.
My theory, impression is that MM is *not* twice the game of SW or Maiden or DP pro but that extras like prestige, toys, quality and to an extent nostalgia make up the difference.
Myself, I’m on the fence where I can afford whatever but also I’m kind of frugal and I do have several $8-9K pins already. MM would be the king or the crown jewel of a collection but there is something to be said for quantity as in more pins over quality. No?

How about compare the Stern LE's so it's apples to apples. I hear you on the pricing however for those of us that consider this a bit of a grail game it's the price we have to pay for pinball bliss

#4318 87 days ago

I hear you on the mirror blades but man they do look great and kind of add that extra bit of depth to how the game looks. and NO on the Pinstadiums before someone chimes in and says we need them. lmao

#4321 86 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I played a game the other day that had pin stadiums (first time seeing them) and they were pretty nice. Personally I think their over priced for what u get, but thats just my opinion. I've typically just added additional spot lights to games that are dark.

I have them on my Met Pro- and you know they are nice but for the cost and what they are would not by another set.

#4331 86 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

lmao.....note that even in the rough early videos of the color changes, no rainbows on the ramps, period.....
I think having the color RGB as an "effect" will be outstanding, knowing it always goes back to original white light, showing off the original color intent....too excited for this!!!!

Yes on the Mbr it looks great so expect the same on the new MMrR. Can't wait!!

#4372 85 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Good point...forgot about the blades so if your truly just buying a standard MMR and paying CGC to install upgrades then why isn't the powder coated trim an option for purchase?

I guess that makes the Royal the Royal?? has to be a little something to differentiate being you dont get any kind of plaque that I can see making it a numbered addition which is kind of odd as this version will be more limited than the LE's

#4377 84 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wait a minute.....you're right!!! this LE shit gets confusing....
The rehash of WOZ ECLE would be RR, then YBR (?)
Now MMrLE rehash is SE (?) or RE(?) or both....
I've put too much thought into this already, my head hurts......

MMrR should be the new designation to keep it simple - well until the next rehash but I kind of dont think that will happen for a while as CGC should be announcing the next remake soon would be my guess - or at least most of ours hope- they should be striking now to fill the void while Stern and JJP are messing around trying to fix the playfield issues they are having

#4414 83 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah Im not falling for this again. Only 200 .. yeah right, thats what they will say now. Already bought all these LEs and CEs, name doesnt mean nothing.

For those of us that are in on the Royal I am sure we (for the most part) don't care if they are numbered or not it was just the opportunity to get the full monty in one go. I do know that CGC was already committed to another run of the MMr prior to this upgrade for the LE owners and RE for those that wanted one. If demand is there maybe they run more who knows or cares. These guys are in the business to make $$/sell pins and that is good for the hobby. I for one would like to know what the next remake is going to be but that's a topic for another thread already out there.

#4447 82 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I had 886 plays on my LE before I sold it to cash out for a Royal Edition, have no fears jealous man, I will play that crap out of it too.

I am in the same boat with my MBrLE have like 400 plays on it vso far now cant wait for the new Royal so i can play it too. Looking is cool but playing is sooooo much better

#4453 82 days ago
Quoted from rai:

OMG the drama!! Surprised we didn’t get a Hitler video out of it.
Can you tell me why I should buy Royal instead of buying 2 Stern pros (Maiden + SW for example). 6 flippers instead of 2.
I’m truly asking, I love MM but love other pins too.
I understand $10k is baller money but if sold down the road hard to lose more than $1500 ish. So it’s not that bad.

I was a bit on the fence with that as well- getting two Pro's for slightly more - but then you look at what MM is and the fact that Stern is having playfield issues and they look like a mine field after a few hundred plays - it makes the new MMrRE make sense

#4536 80 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was still told " sometime in January, but delays can happen" for the RE.
Personally not concerned...earlier or on time would be great, but just happy I'm getting one..

Well I hope not before Christmas. I promised the GF a trip down south at that time so would have to tell her i have to cancel to stay home and wait for my MMr to arrive

3 weeks later
#4666 59 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

They haven't said anything. Does it really matter though? Would it make the difference between buying it or not?

Made no difference to me. I was going to buy the regular MMr but when they came out with the MMRE it was like ok then whats another 2K for something that will give you enjoyment for years to come. Looks like I am in the suckers club with you and we have to still pay a bigger premium due to the Canuck peso- ugh

1 week later
#4683 49 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I haven't heard Boo on the upgrades....my guess its not until January or maybe February....CGC makes great games, but their always behind schedule.

I am ok with that - parting with $15K(canuck pesos) before Christmas may be hard to explain to the wife when she doesn't get her usual bling and i get mine

#4688 48 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Im sure it won't be there by xmas...I've owned all the CGC games and they are usually 3-6 months behind schedule....MMR might be different since they've already built the title.

Yes my distributor figured February so all good

4 weeks later
#4789 20 days ago

the dimpling is the one thing that I found odd when I got my MBrLE- within 100 games it had a ton so was a bit disappointed compared to my older Stern's and considering CGC's rep for great playfields. I have seen some of the newer Stern's and they look like a minefield comparatively. My point is CGC does manufacture a good product (have a MMr Royal on order) but so do all the manufacturers. There is always going to be exceptions no matter who produces the pin

#4808 15 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

yea, but the challenge will be that most distributors will ask for the money early even though the game isn't ready to ship. Unless my game isn't built, boxed and ready to ship I wouldn't pay anyone....I can't tell you how many times I've received an email saying your game is schedule to be on the line sometime in the next couple weeks so we need full payment, and 30-60 days later the game finally ships....its annoying

I have to say my distributor has been fantastic- give them the $1000.00 at time of order and the remainder the day it arrives to their warehouse and I go pick it up. Very simple and the way it should be.

#4815 14 days ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

I'll sell you my spot for 1 million dollars. Might cost more from a scalper later.
In all seriousness. They sold out right away. I can't see a world were they don't do another run someday.

I'll go one better $999,999.00 Canuck Bucks even Looks like at least there will be a couple heading to the great white north

#4821 14 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

You just keep your Monopoly money there, Mister. That’s just Looney...

Yes eh - the Canuck Peso will cost us $15K vs the $10K for your Yankee dollar

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,600 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Montreal
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zpinman370.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside