IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider white1ce.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3581 5 years ago

Just got this game in yesterday and holy moly I am terrible at it. I feel every other ball gets drained down the side instantaneously!

#3586 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Welcome to the club, and yes, the game can be brutal. Anyone who tells you it is not, has changed something from the factory settings.
You will have to try to figure out the behaviour of the ball, and nudge to get control back when it is lost.
It's a fun game when you get a flow going, but that can be tough seeing that any shot that is not perfect puts you in immediate danger.

I just feel like there is a magnet in the side drains that just attract the ball quickly to them before I can do anything!

#3588 5 years ago
Quoted from dreamtheme:

You can adjust the outlanes by moving the posts in the slot, the competitive guys like to leave them wide open but for my setting I found that tightening them and lowering the slingshot power by one raising the flipper power by one helped my non pinball friends get closer to that 3 minutes play time window.

How do I do that?

#3590 5 years ago
Quoted from dreamtheme:

You can adjust the outlane posts by loosening the nut underneath the playfeild and sliding the post up or down, the flipper and slingshot are adjusted in the 'secret' menu. To get to the secret menu i think you press all four buttons on the coint door at startup.

Just so I'm clear here (total pinball newbie, this is my first machine and got it in on Tuesday), I can go underneath the playfield, loosen each nut under each side, slide the post a bit, tightening the nut back up, and you are also suggesting to lower the slingshot power by one and raise the flipper power by one which can be done in that menu? Is it obvious which nut to loosen?

#3593 5 years ago
Quoted from dreamtheme:

Yeah its the posts thats right above the outlanes, if you look at your playfeild you will see that these posts are actually sitting in a slot instead of a hole. Most other posts are in one fixed spot but these two are adjustable, it might be hard to see underneath the plastic protectors looking from the top but looking from underneath it should be more obvious.

Thanks! I'll check it out tonight.

Quoted from gunstarhero:

You hold down the first (escape iirc) button until the CGC menu comes up.

Thanks!

#3596 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-10 in the manual walks you through it or -
LTG : )

Great, thanks!

Quoted from Pinzap:

I recommend you buy TWD as your second game, because those outlanes are very safe in comparison!!
But seriously, I agree with the other comments regarding closing down your outlanes for now. As you get better and ball times get longer you might consider opening them back up... but only if you're interested in expanding your competitive side and playing in tournaments where the machines are setup brutally all the time.

Thanks for the advice.

#3599 5 years ago

I adjusted the posts and settings as recommended and it is much better. Thanks! And don't worry, I did it with the power off.

#3601 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

You may also want to increase your ball save timer while you get the hang of it.

Also done, thanks!

3 weeks later
#3627 5 years ago

General maintenance tips? I've put about 400 games on the machine since I got it a month and a half ago. I notice that every now and then I'll shoot the ball and his the drawbridge/gate and it won't register (very rarely), or sometimes I will get it through the castle multiball gate and the castle will blow up (again, very rarely). Everything else seems to be working well. Do you guys do anything special after x amount of games?

2 weeks later
#3631 5 years ago

Does this machine use the standard 1 1/16" pinballs? I replaced the standard balls with new 1 1/16" and the game seems to play considerably faster.

#3637 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Depends also on the balls. Say for instance you're using those super shiny ones, they tend to move a lot faster.
I put "Silver Jet" brand balls in my MMR and it was ridiculous how quickly it whipped around. Really didn't like it, so I pulled them out after a couple of games.
I like the ones from PBL. I find they are pretty much like stock.

Which ones exactly? I did get the super shiny and they are moving super fast.

#3642 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Those super shiny ones suck in my opinion. They look nice, but they go too fast. I like to play my games as close to their original design as possible, and the ball has a lot to do with that.
Try these:
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-116-pinball-standard-size.html

Ordered, thanks!

#3670 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I recently beat all the castles . Any futher castles destroyed were called "bonus castle". Does anything else happen?

I beat the King of Payne's castle, and then the draw bridge stayed down and the castle gate stayed down like I was supposed to do something else to unlock the bonus castles, is that normal?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider white1ce.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=white1ce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.