IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3969 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I’m hoping the next run of these is on the line soon.

At the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown I talked with a couple of guys from Chicago Gaming Company and they said right now they are on a batch of Monster Bash that should be finished by July 4 at the latest. Once MB is done, they will start the run of MMR. They did also say that most of the machines are already spoken for, so get in a preorder quickly if you have not done so already. They said I can expect to receive mine at my house late July or early August.

1 week later
#4014 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Call distributors and see what’s available. I imagine you should be able to find one.

At the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown a few weeks ago I talked with a couple guys from CGC. They told me most of the machines in the run have already been sold through pre-order, so if you want one and haven't pre-ordered yet to do so soon or might not get one. They will start building them by July 4, and can expect to receive it late July/early August.

4 weeks later
#4030 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I was just informed CGC has pushed the next round of MMr production to 'either Aug or Sept'.
The goal posts continue to move.

Where did you hear this?

#4034 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I emailed my distributor and he told me this. I got in line in April with a $2000 deposit down, was told June. Then news from the last convention...it would likely be after July 4th because they were ‘wrapping up MBr LE’s’ and ‘had to have MMr on the line by July 4th’.

I put a deposit on one back in like February. Last I heard from CGC (which was Memorial Day Weekend at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown) was they were finishing up MBr by July 4th and then would be starting on MMr immediately thereafter and that I could expect my game to be delivered end of July/start of August. Based on what you were told it sounds like the timeline I was told is still accurate.

3 months later
#4363 4 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

I wanted to jump in for some clarity on the upcoming Medieval Madness Production.
As we started thinking about Medieval Madness and the upcoming production run, we wanted to bring the look up to date with our other games (AFM and MB).
We know the community wanted the XL display for Medieval Madness, and many have expressed interest in a CGC topper for the game. They wanted it to look the same as AFM and MB when it was sitting in next to them.
We came up with the idea of update kits that are available for all current Medieval Madness owners, and worked hard on making that a reality. All existing Medieval Madness owners will be able to purchase the updates through their CGC dealer as well as Planetary Pinball Supply, and install the kits for themselves or with the assistance of their dealer.
We also knew a certain number of people would want to have the kits preinstalled by CGC at the factory. So we designed and launched the Special Edition and the Royal Edition. These 2 models are both priced as a Classic Medieval Madness with the cost of the update kits added.
The Royal Edition we then decided to add the Black Diamond powdercoating to all the trim on the game to give it a very refined look. We liked the look of the Black Diamond powdercoating on the armor so much that we decided to add it to the speaker panel, coin door, lower arch/apron, and hinges. The Royal Edition was designed to showcase all the kits available for Medieval Madness.
We will be building 500 total Medieval Madness machines during this time. A limited amount of these will be manufactured as the Royal Edition with all the features installed at the factory. We will not be manufacturing the Royal Edition again. We are treating it like all of our Limited Edition games and only manufacturing them the one time.
We want all of our customers to be able to have the best of what we can build, and we did that by offering the upgrade kits for all existing CGC Medieval Madness games, and wanted to offer new customers the ability to experience what we are doing at CGC.
I encourage everybody who owns a CGC Medieval Madness to look into the update kits. It is a cost effective way to update your Limited Edition and Standard Edition Medieval Madness to look like the other CGC games we manufacturer.
[quoted image]

CGC-Ryan Does this mean that Royal Edition will be numbered like other LE games?

#4487 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Personally, I think the SE is the best value. That's a LOT of extra stuff for $1k. Larger DMD and better sound add quite a bit to the overall experience of the game. For people who want to spend another $1K for a topper and trim, they can as well. I don't quite buy the "interactive" topper part, but when you're spending $9K what's another $1K at that point.

I went in for the Royal. I wanted everything in SE, but I wanted the topper as well. That would have made the difference $350. I was likely going to later on get the shaker motor. The reason I then picked Royal over SE + upgrades is that it was like 150-200 more for double the warranty, which is worth it in my opinion.

3 weeks later
#4678 4 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

Pinball News recently wrote up a great review of the assembly process at Chicago Gaming with lots of great pics!
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/11/20/inside-chicago-gaming/
I can’t wait for mine to ship, especially after seeing the number of completed pins in the storeroom. After seeing the photos of the playfield silk screening process I can appreciate how time intensive the process is. I did not realize that they inspect each playfield after every layer of ink but that makes sense, why continue printing if it’s flawed. The results are amazing, my MBr looks fantastic! The level of quality is why I’m buying a MMr for my second NIB purchase and holding off on getting a Stern JP.

Thanks for sharing that. Really awesome read and seeing some of them already boxed makes me hopeful for getting my Royal Edition in January.

1 month later
#4863 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Any idea on when that will be?

A lot of distributors are taking pre-orders for them. Contact your local one and talk to them about it.

1 week later
#4908 4 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Have deposits been over a year? I put one down, however, didn't think it was that long....I believe I did it the day it was announced.

So I put down a deposit with my distributor for getting one from the next run of MMr last year in February. After the announcement I upgraded my deposit to be for an RE, but I still put down my initial deposit almost a year ago.

1 week later
#5007 4 years ago

I talked with my distributor today, and they expect the RE to still be another 6-12 weeks. I hate needing to be patient.

2 weeks later
#5218 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Any word when the royals are shipping?

My distributor about a week or so ago said that he estimates 6-12 weeks for when I will get mine.

4 weeks later
#5300 4 years ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

I'm sticking with my order through JJ at Game Exchange.

Same here. I'll just continue waiting patiently wishing it had already arrived. I actually plan on paying the rest of it off next week as I have a coupon that is about to expire.

#5314 4 years ago
Quoted from Puckstop:

Looking forward to getting our Royal. Any update would be appreciated. I’d gladly take delivery and pay the postage in the future for the topper interface board.

Even if that shipment of parts somehow came in today, it would be awhile. Illinois is under shelter in place, so that would have to end, then get the employees back to work (likely to still be restrictions when the shelter order ends), and then deal with shipping (freight has to move through so many areas affected by the coronavirus that it might not be able to ship for along time too. I do wish they had gotten those and shipped the games out before the shutdown, that would have made this isolation easier to handle (it was to be my first pin).

2 weeks later
#5369 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

NO and i think most of the distributors may be shut and deemed non-essential so not likely anything until the covid blows over

Typically shipping/delivery is still allowed to happen, distributors just can't have their show floor open. My distributor is still able to deliver games right now. I did ask him about others on here reporting being asked for final payment and he confirmed that CGC production is completely shut down (he talks with someone there regularly). I'd be asking those distributors asking for final payment why they are asking for it when CGC is not building/shipping anything at this time.

#5399 4 years ago

I hate to be that guy, but I'll believe it when I see the pics of Royals in peoples houses next week. CGC has said that their manufacturing is completely shut down.

#5459 4 years ago

So jealous. Hoping my distributor gets theirs in soon so I can get mine. Would be really nice for dealing with the isolation.

#5497 4 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

I know someone has had his deposit in since last June

I put my deposit on an MMR last year in February right after my distributor sold their last one. Once the Royal Edition was announced I got my deposit to be set on one of them.

#5603 3 years ago
Quoted from RooDoom:

I am happy to see that some of the MMR RE's are getting shipped. I put down a deposit in the latter part of October, so I have a question for those who have had their pins delivered; when did you originally place your orders? The reason for the inquiry is that I am trying to form an educated guess of when I will get mine. (of course, I am assuming that there is some chronological order in play) Thx!

Within a given distributor it should be done chronological order, but it wont be between distributors. The shipping cost for shipping all of an allotment for a distributor at once is significantly cheaper than shipping them one at a time (shipping freight is not like using standard UPS/Fedex), so to cut costs they are likely sending out a batch at a time to a distributor. I initially put a deposit down in February of last year and my distributor has not heard anything on when they are getting theirs in. Talk to your distributor to see if they have any ideas on when they will get their allotment and where in the allotment you are.

#5672 3 years ago

Got word from Game Exchange for my Royal. Going to be delivered on Friday (I may have to call in sick to get in plenty of time that day to play). I can't wait!

#5704 3 years ago

My Royal arrived this morning and was finished getting setup about an hour ago! This will help to deal with the isolation. Played multiple games already and couldn't be more glad to have it.

#5797 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

I was afraid so, they dont seem to have any. Covid not helping I guess

CGC was only doing a run of 500 games (across all editions) and the number that was Royal Edition was based on the number of pre-orders for it. Even without Covid, you probably wouldn't be able to get one new now.

1 week later
#5962 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Never saw a shooter lane look like this from a NIB.....
[quoted image]

I don't see anything wrong there. It looks like you did get interesting placement of the wood grain there by chance.

#6014 3 years ago

For mine I paid the final payment back in March, but that was because I had a coupon for my distributor that was about to expire. I received it about 2 weeks ago.

#6043 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

If it is a part that is supposedly for the topper they are waiting on they should just ship the games and ship the topper later.

The problem with doing that is it greatly increases costs to both them and their distributors. If it was just them, they might eat the costs, but then once they get the toppers to the distributors, the distributors also have to get them to their customers.

1 week later
#6118 3 years ago

Mine has not had any of the problems that some people are complaining about. It seems to be luck of the draw.

2 weeks later
#6348 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

not sure why pinside has started to do that with photos!

It is not necessarily pinside, but the web browsers. The problem is when the camera (or phone) is rotated, the image is still written in the original pixel order (so the image itself looks rotated). There is metadata in the image that says how it should be rotated, but that information is not read or written in a manner that is standard across all software (rotating images 90 degrees typically just modifies that metadata instead of actually touching the image data). I've had the same problem with images being hosted on my website. I had to write a script I run on the images that rotates the actual image and removes that metadata so all browsers show the image correctly for my various websites.

#6439 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Got a question...
I recently upgraded to the latest software (3.0) on my MMRLE and now when it is at the end of booting it beeps 1 tone at full volume and displays a test screen just before coming online.
Is this normal? It is a bit annoying, its SO DANG loud!!!

My RE has done this since day 1, so I would imagine it is normal.

1 month later
#6895 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is there any reason to download the current software for MMR, over the first run factory installed software MMR Standards/LEs that were produced in 2016? Has anything changed/bugs fixed etc. since then?

If you want any of the new upgrades for the Royal Edition you will need the new version.

4 weeks later
#7130 3 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Right, thanks for comment. So on the Chicago Gaming Site software update page it says this:
V3.0.0 RELEASE NOTES
This version includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
1) Added support for King of Payne Topper.
2) Added support for XL Display.
3) Added support for RGB LI LEDs.
4) Fixed bug preventing custom logo installation.
Are you saying the V3.0 ‘beta’ doesn’t include these things?

Out of that list, the only thing not in the beta is 4 (in fact everyone with the beta has that bug and it appears to have been introduced with V3.0).

1 month later
#7609 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

did you also buy Cliffy's ramp protectors?
I see on yours that it looks like you have them on there, unless CGC is putting those metal ones on at factory

CGC is putting those on at the factory.

2 weeks later
#7743 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

are they done making MM Royals?

CGC has said this will be the only run of the Royals, so if they finished this run then they are. They could always create more add-ons in the future and have another edition that they make.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=wamoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.