IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vegasalleycat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#503 8 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

As for the blades - yes, they always look awesome regardless. I'd be more curious if he has any trouble lifting the playfield with them on. Some games seem to have no trouble while others are insanely tight.

Yes, I seem to have one of the tight ones. I wanted to put blades on my MMR but I don't think it would work it is so tight.

1 year later
#3124 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Try it again. Apparently it was set to expire today in the am rather than 11:59pm. It's fixed.

I had the same problem when I tried it yesterday. I just tried it again today (around 10:30 pm) and it still didn't work. Oh well...

2 years later
#6598 3 years ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

The 3.0.0 update fails later in the install (~93%) but after booting it says it's now at 3.0.0.

My install did the same thing. Just before it was completed (95%+ complete), I looked away for a minute, and when I looked back it said the install failed. But when I rebooted the machine, it said 3.0 is installed. I didn't think much of it because the pin plays fine. I am still waiting for the topper, XL screen, etc. but am now worried they won't work properly. I guess we will find out when the upgrades finally start shipping.

2 months later
#7159 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Has anyone with issues completing the 3.0 code install successfully installed any of the new upgrade kits? As a reminder, my install crashes out at 81% but shows a successful install in the menu. I'm going to sell/trade my pin soon and don't want to mislead anyone.

I had the same problem when I tried to install 3.0 a couple months ago--same error message but booted up and said it was running 3.0. My Topper/Lighting/Display kit arrived yesterday and it included an sd card preloaded with 3.0. I reinstalled 3.0 using this sd card, got the same error message, but it still booted up in 3.0. I just finished installing the topper and the topper lighting works so I assume the install is actually fine. I will know more when I compete the display and lighting install, but the topper lighting isn't supposed to work unless 3.0 is installed so I am optimistic that it is fine.

#7160 3 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Installed the screen upgrade and the topper yesterday. The only advice I would give is before you attach the new topper board to the back box make sure that the connectors for the topper can reach the board. The template they gave was not accurate I had to go up about 2 inches higher for the connectors to fit. Have not installed the RGB yet.

Thanks for the heads up! I installed my Topper today and probably would have mounted it without confirming the cables reached beforehand.

2 other things I noticed with my install--1. If you have a real knocker installed in the backbox and used the pre-dimpled spot for the knocker, you will have to shift the striker plate to the right about a half-inch to make room for the rear-left Topper t-nut and mounting screw. 2. The female connectors on the supplied grounding wire were too small for the grounding spades on the controller boards you are supposed to connect them to. I was lucky enough to have larger connectors on hand and simply swapped them out but it would have been very frustrating to have to stop and find some at a local store before continuing.

IMG_4351 (resized).JPGIMG_4351 (resized).JPGIMG_4352 (resized).JPGIMG_4352 (resized).JPG
#7195 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Installing my upgrades and breaking the cab speaker mount out of my MMR LE is sucking, that thing is fighting me hard. Anyone done this yet and have any advice?

I used a thin drywall putty blade to initially get under the original wood mounting block to raise it just enough to get a small pry-bar tool underneath and slowly pry it off the bottom. I was lucky and mine was mounted just with 4 staples--no glue! It came up easily and clean; no sanding necessary.

#7254 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wouldn't change anything to make them work. You will have other issues.

Thanks for the heads up Lloyd--I was considering trying to hook them up as described in some earlier posts. Can you elaborate on the issues that this could cause?

#7256 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry. I should have said "could have" instead of will have.
Modding something can always have risks.

Ah, so there is hope! Good advice though--I'll probably hold off for a while anyway and see if any issues pop up for those that have performed that mod. In the middle of the GI lighting mod now...so far so good!

#7261 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

So it probably took about 10 hours between a friend and I, but a lot of that was me mucking around making the cabinet work harder than it needed to be I think. Probably about 6 hours if you’re organized and efficient.

I just completed my GI Lighting install. It took me about 3 and half hrs from opening the Lighting kit to finish. I didn't note the time it took me for the Topper and Display install but both of them were quicker to install than the lighting. I would think that 6-10 hrs for all three is a probably a good estimate.

Quoted from LTG:

The topper kit comes with the micro sd card loaded. The other two kits don't, you do need the 3.0 in the game for the bigger display and RGB GI.

I received a loaded micro sd card and topper board with both my Topper kit and the Lighting kit--so 2 total sd cards and topper boards if you get both of those kits. Seems as if CGC could charge a little less for those of us buying all 3 kits by only including one sd card and one topper board. Oh well, now I have a spare if I ever need it I suppose!

1 month later
#7560 3 years ago

Thanks for the directions! It was very simple and took under 10 mins. IMO the color changing speakers really complement the color display and are so much nicer visually than the solid blue ones. Weird that it doesn't come that way in the first place and has to be modded afterward.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vegasalleycat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=vegasalleycat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.