Topic Stats

• 4,046 posts
  • 393 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by SDpinballer
  • Topic is favorited by 207 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 508 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

36619383-2518-4ADF-9C11-A5D6149741CC (resized).jpeg
CBB61087-65D9-4FE0-A383-2CBC796DF8F5 (resized).jpeg
042680F3-8472-48C8-A13A-ACACB9D7644F (resized).jpeg
IMG_0609 (resized).JPG
troll_head_install_3 (resized).jpg
93250113-E17C-4AE9-BEAA-A781DBF22066 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190614_201025 (resized).jpg
20190531_175541 (resized).jpg
20190531_175541 (resized).jpg
20190603_181053 (resized).jpg
5C1C8FAE-A734-4790-9D29-F7D490AA73CC (resized).jpeg
bec75d06029c6b21c231a4adc61a5606985a93d1 (resized).jpg
MMr screw 1 (resized).jpg
MMr screw 2 (resized).jpg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_thumbnail1551583443220 (resized).jpg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_thumbnail1551574007507 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3166 1 year ago

I am a new member of the club. Just bought a lightly used (about 100 plays) MMr standard a few weeks back. I love the game and am enjoying it but have a question about the castle drawbridge.

When I first hit it and it comes down. It isn’t coming down all the way. It sticks partially up until it is subsequently hit several times. Last night and it seemed to be be worse than before and the ball would fly upwards off the playfield when hitting it and richoteting. Is this normal or does it sound like the drawbridge on my game is sticking and not operating properly?

#3167 1 year ago

Also, reading through these threads, can anyone a summary of what cliffys and/or other protectors I need to purchase (and where to get them) to protect the edges, playfield, etc.? These aren’t cheap so I want to get whatever I need to protect it.

#3169 1 year ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It should come all the way down. Paging ltg

Thanks for the reply. The game has been this way since I bought it and I believe it is still under warranty. Would this be something that I have to fix on my own or one that should be covered by the warranty?

#3173 1 year ago

Thanks LTG. I'm still a pinball newbie when it comes to diagnosing and repairs but I appreciate the insight and will try to figure it out.

Is drawbridge test in the test settings? I'll try to check and see what I xan figure out tomorrow. My MMr had only been used 3-4 days at a small convention before I got it a few weeks back so kind of frustrated it came with this problem essentially out of the box.

9 months later
#3775 6 months ago

Hey guys, I bought this little archer figure at a castle I visited in Belgium in September. I bought it as a souvenir with the intention of using it as a small mod for my MMr (my wife mocked me for paying 8 euros for it but I digress.

From the pictures, does anyone have any advice on how to best mount it without damaging the plastic or any of the game? I've thought about velcro but worry that may damage the plastic graphic when/if I were to remove it down the road. There is a screw there but not sure where did get a metal or plastic mount with a screw hole.

Any ideas for those more experienced with this mod stuff? Thanks!
20181226_213627 (resized).jpg20181226_213638 (resized).jpg

#3777 6 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I'd make a thin plexi piece and attach the figure to it and then attach the plexi assembly under the lock nut.
Robert

Thanks Robert. Can you get plexiglass with a hole for the screw or do you just make your own hole?

2 months later
#3898 4 months ago

Has anyone bought the troll mod with led eyes from Pinwize?

I bought them last year. Didnt dare do it on my own as it requires removing the troll mechs and stuff over my head so had a local guy that knows this stuff a lot better then me try to put them in. He said the design of the wires coming out the bottom of the trolls makes it so hits won't register on the trolls due to the way the wire was configured by Pinwize. Had another guy that was over yesterday that is a lot better tech and he said the same thing (after spending 30 minutes removing the troll mechs again).

I am upset as I paid Pinwize $120 for these things which I'm being told will not work due to how Pinwize did the wires. Has anyone had success installing these? Emailed the guy at Pinwize in Europe that made them but no reply yet.

#3909 4 months ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I installed them about 6 months ago and haven't had any issues. Feel free to pm me if you need some help

Thank you. Good to know it is possible but since I've had two guys try it in the past year and I don't have the knowledge to do it myself, not sure I have the money or patience to attempt it again.

If we do, I will reach out to you for instructions. Thanks!

2 months later
#3975 47 days ago

Question for the group here. The top switch on the left ramp (peasant ramp) of my MMR has stopped registering when the ball passes through (the left lower ramp switch does register when the ball enters the ramp, however). I can't get it to work manually either.

I checked the connections and the J5 connector into the board beneath the PF and it doesn't appear anything is disconnected. The J5 connector is where the upper left ramp switches connects, right?

Any insight or advice on where the problem may be? The ball was hitting the switch sometimes when it went through the ramp as it was too low before I adjusted it. Wondering if it could be related to that.

Any insight is very appreciated (picture of switch I'm referencing attached).
20190603_181053 (resized).jpg

#3989 47 days ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

It is possible, likely even, that the switch itself is broken (happens all the time in pinball). First thing to do is to see if it registers in switch test, it should also click as you trigger it. You can also test it with a multimeter - One lead on the Com lug on the switch and other lead on the N/O lug on the switch. This should read OL and then read 0 when you close the switch. If needed, you can test the diode with DMM in diode/continuity. Leads across the diode in one direction and you'll get .5-.7 volts and when reversed you'll get OL.

Thanks for the input everyone. I am out of town until tomorrow night but will try these tide as out and see what happens.

If I do need to replace this particular switch, does anyone know what part it would be and where to order it? Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
8,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Falling Waters, WV
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside