f9188749062259508230edef28105261c7540aa8 (resized).jpg
b648d933762effe431832f5524b429162abb5839 (resized).jpg
9d73bac48105a63640822ce8278ae9f0b12de378 (resized).jpg
45ABB4ED-E4E6-417D-AF3B-EC22AF3C7E3B (resized).png
2457C352-D873-4421-8B6E-CD61C4C8DFFC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (6 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (3 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (1 year ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4267 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not sure what defines a newb, but I've only been in the hobby 5 years, and I've stopped buying NIB games (since MBRLE)....what I've discovered is there's less aggravation that way. Unless its a CGC product I highly doubt I'll ever buy another NIB game.

Me too. I took the Royal MMR plunge, not with Sterno or JJP anytime soon. They’ve got to get their shit fixed.

#4269 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Congrats....its a great game...I have all the LE remakes....still on the fence on any of the upgrades...display is great, but not too excited about throwing my perfectly good one in the trash, and at the cost of $650 + tax + shipping

Thanks man. That means a lot. I’ve been in the hobby since 2005, but lately things seem more like a low quality cash grab. I’m still waiting to see what the final cost is and what makes the MMRRE different.

#4271 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

just my two cents, but after owning my MMR for a few years (mine has the black powder coating)...u might consider just getting the SE and buying the topper separate.....u really don't need the powder coating (stainless looks great on MMR) and mirrored game blades (especially with the RGB lighting). I actually bought the game blades from tilt graphics and they great.

True, I could get the SE, but it’s MM, and I’ve been trying to get one since 2004, so the best nib example available seems reasonable.

#4279 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

updated feature matrix with pricing.
Taking names now. waiting to hear on the allotment of royals
pm me with any questions[quoted image]

Thank you for the update. is there a limited # of Royals, or will CGC just keep making them as long as demand is there? Not like it matters, just curious. Limited has been thrown around alot lately by other builders.

#4380 1 year ago

It’s MM. it’s nib. I NEVER thought I’d get a chance for one, so limited, unlimited, numbered, it doesn’t matter when we are buying the greatest pin ever made brand new.

I feel like a kid in a candy store with 10k in my pocket.

1DAADD7D-1EB3-46A7-B635-7825D41104BF.gif
#4397 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

A little old school MMR hate humor for you folks... Good thing this comes with coin mechs

Ouch. Too soon Bro...

#4427 1 year ago

As long as the LE and soon to be Royal owners remember that there will be an MMR for every home that wants one.

4EC2F4FD-0D26-4436-B94F-BF22E61BD83C (resized).jpeg
#4429 1 year ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You mean, that can afford one.

Base model is 8k. Years ago you got laughed at for trying to buy one for that. So yeah. If you can afford one.

#4436 1 year ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

More Years ago I could have bought two for $8000.

Time is linear. So are pin prices it seems.

3 weeks later
#4651 1 year ago

Or just get the MMRRE, then light CGC on fire.

Done. You’ve got a keeper...until it needs replacement parts...I...didn’t think this through.

#4673 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Anyone get the mirrored back glass from CPR? If so how does it compare to the translite?

I got the IJ, wow. Just...wow. Even off the bg looks amazing.

1 week later
#4684 1 year ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I am ok with that - parting with $15K(canuck pesos) before Christmas may be hard to explain to the wife when she doesn't get her usual bling and i get mine

Me too. Gives everyone time to build up pin-dollas and teaches the deep pockets a little patience.

#4696 1 year ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

Longtime lurker and pin guy.
After 25+ years as a pinball tech locally as side work and owning and restoring a few used pins. I have a MMR on preorder and it will be my first NIB.
Very excited as I've wanted this pin since it came out back when I worked at an arcade in the 90s.

Now THAT’S an endorsement! Nice...

1 week later
#4738 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Everyday since I bought mine I marvel at the fact that I have a pristine Medieval Madness in my basement!

I envy you.

2 weeks later
#4816 1 year ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I'll go one better $999,999.00 Canuck Bucks even Looks like at least there will be a couple heading to the great white north

You just keep your Monopoly money there, Mister. That’s just Looney...

#4823 1 year ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Yes eh - the Canuck Peso will cost us $15K vs the $10K for your Yankee dollar

I’ve got a plan. I live on the N.H. coast. Get it delivered here, we will use my Husky to sleigh it across the border. Can’t be more than what, a few hundred miles tops?

1 month later
#5051 1 year ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Huge thank you to Chris at Kingpin for helping haul it downstairs and set it up. Build date is Jan 29, 2020. Based on the serial this is MMr Special Edition number 4 off the line. (3004)
Kingpin rocks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

DAYUM! That rgb lighting is sexy as f*** on an MM! Congrats bro! Nib MM...exciting!

#5101 1 year ago

Has anyone installed radcals on these yet?

2 weeks later
#5232 1 year ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I'm sure there is nothing going on right now in China to exacerbate those delays too.
Too bad the RE was so incredible or I could have just ordered the SE. Waiting is hard.

Waiting is easy. Paying is hard.

#5246 1 year ago
Quoted from RooDoom:

Uggggg. I am still waiting.[quoted image]

Speculation says covid19 in China has put smaller components and parts behind schedule.

#5258 1 year ago
Quoted from Meech:

Everything looks to be working fine

Castle gate works too? Looks like maybe someone had placed an extra rod in pin during assembly maybe?

3 weeks later
#5338 1 year ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I know it sucks for sure. I wonder how many are going to bail on this at 10K as they need $$ for other things now. I am betting a good bunch and I am sure sales for all the manufactures are going to be slow for the foreseeable future.

Most probable statement on Pinside I’ve read. I’ve also had the funds saved up but let’s see...

Job market will be at a snails pace if you’re not in the health care industry.

Property taxes will not be withheld, maybe postponed...and will definitely increase.

Banks care about us...so I’m sure the mortgage companies will understa...I’m sorry, couldn’t finish that with a straight face!

Kids gotta eat. Living costs money. Someone’s paying for this 2.2 trillion dollar hiatus, so expect monetary pain for years.

Oh, you’ve got stocks and bonds? 401k? Yeah....your moneys gone. Next in line please.

Most of all, folks are dying. Good folks, with other folks who love them. This, above all the other listed noise, is paramount. How can I spend on a toy when others are hurting? Feels wrong and selfish.

#5341 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Well said. I have 16 out 25 employees at home right now. I'm paying them for now but I can't do that forever. They finally come back to work and then a new game shows up on our loading dock? I'd feel like an ass.

Doesn’t make you one. Not at all. Enjoy it. You earned it. But when someone needs help, I’m sure you’ll be up to the task.

#5353 1 year ago

Got an email from Sara for payment due for MMRRE. I’m gonna wait for the next bus...

#5374 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Have any of you that got a notice for payment due received a confirmation as to when the royals will ship?

I did last weekend from Sara. Since I’m presently unemployed, it’s 10K better spent elsewhere. I’m still keeping my deposit in just in case things improve later.

#5377 1 year ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I just did the same thing with Cointaker. Canceled my order but left my deposit for a better time. I'm still employed but just couldn't enjoy a 10,000.00 toy during this very bad time. Both my sisters lost their jobs and friends of mine are now unemployed. New pinball games or pinball in general just isn't that important to me right now. Hope you get back to work soon. Take care!

That’s what’s important. Man, when this is over, it’ll be a decade-long party of 1980’s proportions. I plan to celebrate those who lived AND those we’ve lost.

#5380 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hope your job comes back!!!

Already have a return date. Folks still have to drive.

#5410 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anybody getting tracking numbers for just the parts kit?

Kits shipped only after MMRRE’s are shipped.

#5413 1 year ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I think the games are already built and now they just need to start shipping them.

Some games done.

1 week later
#5501 1 year ago

What a story you can tell guests:

“Yes, I really did wait for a year for this to be built for me.”

“Really? Like ordering a Lamborghini?”

“Yep. Just like that.” ( sips martini with a slight grin)

#5534 1 year ago

Between my tax refund and the stimulus money, also returning to work, I paid off my MMRRE. Sara was fantastic to talk to.

I’ll be seeing it next month? Not sure.

#5536 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I do NOT recommend connecting speaker wires with alligator clips on speaker terminals. I wouldn't use alligator clips on any part of a pinball machine for that matter...

Been doing it for years. Sub under every pin, clipped onto woofers. Huge improvement. Never an issue.

Of course I did install pinwoofer system on my IJ. Damn. Just...damn. Man knows his shit!

1 week later
#5674 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Well it damn near broke my heart but I just cancelled my Royal. I just can't justify the purchase right now having been put on part time at work. If anybody missed out give Jason a call at Classic Game Rooms, he said it will be delivered to him this week. He's a really stand up guy and understood my predicament and didn't give me a hard time over the cancellation. Bad news for me but good news for someone who may have missed out on the Royal Edition

I’m sorry Bro.

1 week later
#5814 1 year ago

Is the translite the same size for the MMRRE as the standard MMr?

#5816 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.
LTG : )

Thank you Lloyd.

#5835 1 year ago

I got 4101, showed up.

#5896 1 year ago
Quoted from RooDoom:

My 2 cents... The forum is a wealth of data in regard to diagnostics and repairs. Things will go wrong. That is the nature of the beast, as they say. Fortunately, there is a lot of information available to you if needed. One thing about pins is that you just can't just pop down to the repair shop and get it fixed. Hard to transport among other things. Most repairs you will have to do yourself. However, this is not necessarily a bad thing as in most cases it is faster and easier to do it "in-house". I found out in short order after purchasing an AFM remake from CGC a year and half ago that I needed a dedicated tool kit for that machine, including; small wrenches, 1/4" ratchet set, soldering iron and solder. It is imperative that you have a bunch of new balls on hand and change them out as they wear. Also, playfield wax. Everyone has their favorite go to for wax and it is seldom to find people who agree, but a contrary wax is better than no wax. It is a good idea to have spare parts on hand such as flipper bushings and rubbers. CGC is easy to deal with is you have mech or electronics failures, but wear parts are cheap and should be stocked by you. Planetary Pinball is the official parts distributor for CGC and are quite helpful if you have general questions or you are looking for parts and don't know what to specifically ask for. Maintenance is key to longevity. Play often, maintenance often.
So, on to the second part............ How long will it take to get your new MMR?...................I can't speak to the timeframe of delivery, no one can that I am aware of. However, as fast as people are posting that their MMr's are being received and "final payments" are being requested, I believe that the assembly line in Illinois is moving again. OC pinball asked me for final payment on Monday of this week, I am confident that will get it soon. dammit I hope I get it soon.. haha.

How long you been waiting?

#5971 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Has anyone verified that CGC has stopped shipping games? Did the law come knocking?

Wait, what?

1 week later
#6106 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I also have these weird spots on my royal’s playfield. Anyone even seen before? CGC has been silent on all my issues for weeks now.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You may be able to polish those out. It’s just auto clear coat.

#6113 1 year ago

No idea why someone would use abrasive sanding only on certain areas. Looks like someone was trying to remove a blemish but had no idea how to do that professionally.

Regardless, can be buffed out. Hell of a lot easier than swapping a pf.

Choice between a 12 year old using Braxo or the pooling clearcoat of others...Yeah. I’ll buff out the kid’s sandpaper mess all day.

#6142 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Just got notified my RE just got picked up and I’ll schedule delivery Monday! Hope to hear about more soon.

Wife won’t let me unbox until other pin project is done. Could be another year at this rate!

CD98D4DA-5471-4C53-80ED-753C36A7AD0D.gif
#6154 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I do and did and it seems to work fine.

But do you have the topper, led upgrade or screen installed?

2 weeks later
#6306 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

I was told the same , I think this is the last run for a long time if ever. The Royal is crazy Beautiful. I think it still is the King
I have 2 Royals in the box and Original that gorgeous

I never thought I’d own one. Imagine. Most popular pin of all time. Remade with modern technology even better. New in box. I’m so amazed I’m afraid to open it. Well, that and I need to finish other pin projects to make room for it.

2 weeks later
#6492 1 year ago

I’ve got my mirrored backglass from CPR And invisiglas ready to go...when I open my Royal...probably in 2025 when my other projects are completed.

#6496 1 year ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

This troll came unattached in some way but it seems to be a defect, not missing hardware. I can open a ticket, but just checking: Is the loose spot weld(?) just below the fang in the pic the only thing holding the troll and switch in place?
[quoted image]

Looks like adhesive? Not welded? You can try museum adhesive. Strong stuff.

1 month later
#6975 1 year ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

My friend has a MMR SE NIB and after a week of playing, the right pinball finger hangs.
According to distributor this is a known problem of Bally.
Is there a good turorial/DIY available how to disassemble a pinball finger and fix it?
[quoted image]

Is it loose shaft and flipper or is just the plastic flipper piece broken?

#6977 1 year ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

nothing broken, the attached srew with the washer (gore) in the mechanic is the problem. if you fix it, it jump out
[quoted image]

Threads look stripped at the end?

6E7CFFF8-3BE8-48E1-AACA-4232C5970ECB (resized).jpeg
#6981 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

That notched washer at the end is pressed in there. I’m not buying its a known problem. Over tightening the nut can be a problem as it will pull it right out. I did that once on an older title which is why i bought some spares. And 5 years later haven’t used one lol.
If your distributor is saying “known problem - i’ll take care of sending you a new part” that’s one thing. Sounds more like they are saying known problem = your problem. [quoted image]

Is that really the pinching bolt for the flipper shaft? Jeeezzz...

#6985 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, this is some 3rd party's "redesigned" flipper pawl - it removed the locknut and replaces it with this split washer. I can't effin' STAND them. I will go out of my way to fix an origianal. Sure, it's ''easier'' only needing a hex screw, but I've had too many of them break to make it worthwhile.

This is what happens when they mess with success. I deal with this crap on new model cars and trucks all the time. Constantly correcting ‘new’ and ‘improved’ engineering ideas.

In the end it’s about parts availability and sometimes cost cutting. I’m thinking the former on this one.

1 month later
#7324 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

My distro said a lot of people calling him asking to buy one anyway they can....
Willing to pay market

Huh? Willing to pay market? I thought the Royals are selling at 10k?

1 week later
#7419 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Any ideas as to what to do with the old display? Does it have any value on ebay for instance? It put it in a box and in a closet.. seems like a waste.

Make a clock out of it.

5 months later
#8347 7 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Depends ... I have a first run low play HUO LE with XL display/sound package, RGB lighting, and topper mods all professionally installed. If it was for sale I would ask 12K for it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/157#post-5959828

You guys are a bad influence on me! Contemplating selling my nib MMRRE. I mean, its stuck on the shipping pallet in my home, been 9 months now and I won't have space for another year for it. Thinking I could pick one up later. I dunno.

Been waiting since 2005 to pick up an MM, now that I got one I'm afraid to open it up.

#8350 7 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

underlord: You will love your MMR Royal.
It truly is a stunning package in person.
The powder coated armour is really tastefully done and the topper, enhanced display & rgb lighting are simply amazing. Just makes a fantastic game even better.
For my fam, the game is bolted to the floor.

Yeah, money sounds great but my career is doing well and just knowing I own one; well, it’s a good feeling.

#8358 7 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

Wacky, I get it.
I’ve played a mint MBR LE and I currently own a mint restored cleared MB. In this case, I truly prefer the feel & play of my Williams MB. I love the enhancements of the MBR LE but I didn’t feel it shot as well as my original. Something was just a bit different.
Now in saying that, I also owned in the past a really nice Williams MM & have played a mint restored original MM; and I can honestly say (IMO), that I prefer the play of my MMR Royal. It just shoots and flows so smoothly & seamlessly.
Like MK6PIN indicated, the Royal is a jaw dropper in person.
However, in any case, both the remake & the original Medieval are both awesome which have stood the test of time.

Unfortunately I’ve never played a mint original. Examples I had were beat to shit on location.
Funny thing is I’ve been over many high end collectors homes over the years and just never got around to playing theirs. We spent more time on whatever pin they were on and just talking and drinking. Good times.

#8364 7 months ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I have a Royal, and I'm considering installing a 3D translite. Saw one in person and liked it. Thoughts/reviews of 3D translite owners? Did you have any issue installing it? Thanks!

I didn’t care for them. Seemed...off a bit. Bit blurry. I bought a mirrored bg from CPR instead. Awesome.

#8369 7 months ago
Quoted from seah2os:

What's the most noticeable difference between the original translite and the mirrored...other than being mirrored? I'm not sure what mirroring is in reference to a backglass.

Colors stand out dramatically and even better when it’s off. Like looking at a fresh detail on your favorite car. You just keep turning around to look at it.

#8375 7 months ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Great! Was the swap as easy as removing the black u channel around the frame, exchanging the pieces and reinstalling the u channel?
[quoted image]

It was on my TZ and IJ. Fit was snug. No problems.

1 month later
#8466 5 months ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

ok - 14K is not bad actually - maybe I should be like all these other jokers asking big $$ and go 20K to start hehe

If nib, then probably. Seems lots of folks looking for a nib MMRRE.
Listings for used on Pinside marketplace have been closed after 1 day of posting on average. 15-16k seems to sell quick.

#8474 5 months ago
Quoted from guss:

I guess I'll keep it. I was thinking if the price was to good to refuse I would put up with the Wife Bitching. LOL

Lol. That’s the MM market problem. Everyone’s keeping theirs. Says tons about the title! More and more ‘wanted’ ads.

#8477 5 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I wish they would make more then. I actually want a standard. I was just a little late to the game.

You’ll get it. Hell I’ve waited since 2005 to get my MM.

#8478 5 months ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hey first person with $20K can have my real deal MMRE - for another 10K I could be convinced to throw in it's sister MBLE

Why sell cheap? Greatest title ever, greatest example of that title, ever. $40k by Xmas.

#8480 5 months ago
B0C64C45-98D8-4D2A-AFDF-E6ECC14DF627.gif
3 months later
#8692 60 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.
Turn your game off. Remove micro SD card. Put the light tub and backglass back.
Turn your game on. When fully booted. Go into CGC menu. First page. Your game now has 3.0.0
That is the way some of the earlier beagle boards responded. Nothing failed. You aren't missing anything in the update. It's all in there.
LTG : )

Ahh the good old 81% update. I’ve lost count how many times you’ve informed folks not to jump off a bridge!

‘Merican hero man. That’s you.

#8706 59 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I have the LE. I upgraded to the XL display, comes with lighted speakers. I also have the Topper but have not installed it yet.
The lighted speakers by themselves only glow 1 color. If you want them to change colors with the game you have to install the board that comes with the Topper or the RGB light kit.
I believe the reference to Back Panel lighting would be the back box. There are flashers on the back panel on the playfield but those are wired into the game. So really not sure what it means.

Thought it was castle backlighting. Like led strip simulating lightning over pf? Anyone with a RE confirm this? I can’t open mine up to verify.

1 month later
#8811 18 days ago
Quoted from Pinless:

These crazy, inflated prices make it easier to convince the wife that a $10k toy is a great investment.

20k BY CHRISTMAS!

#8814 14 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I remember when this was a joke

Double the joke now, amirite?

4C8FDAFC-769B-43C2-9DDA-665D2DFBB7CB.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside