c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4089 4 years ago

Any must have items for a NIB MMR?

Any cautionary tales for unboxing, turning on, loading color chip, installing shaker, etc.?

#4091 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check backbox, and inside cabinet for any loose connections. Okay to give them and push to be sure. Especially transformer connectors and big blue ethernet cable running along the left underside of the playfield and plugging into the bottom of the huge board.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd. I read that the shaker loosens things. Is that just connectors that come loose? Are there any known fixes to keep things in place?

#4101 4 years ago

What’s the best mod? Besides shaker or good glass?

#4107 4 years ago

So I picked up my nice NIB MMr from Mike at Automated. Got it set up and whole family loves it. What a game. Always wanted one (was on original, day one LE list and backed out) and glad I got one.

A couple things I noticed that surprised me. There’s what appears to be a solid wood bottom in mine. I thought those were only on the LE? Also, the clear coat on this thing is spectacular. Super glossy and it just looks deep. And no, no pooling.

But seriously, I know the LEs were to also have “double hardcoat”, and mine certainly looks like it does. So again, did PPS actually upgrade some of the standards with these bonuses?

The shaker is crazy loud though, and vibrates the game too much at top usage.

#4113 4 years ago

Should there be spots on the slings? Game is a little dark in the middle with all the lights out.

#4118 4 years ago

Anything I need to know about connecting a Polk sub woofer? Just connect to the leads on the cabinet speaker, like most other games? Or is there a different requirement?

Still can’t believe this game is in my home. Talk about “just one more game”. Love it!

#4124 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Anything I need to know about connecting a Polk sub woofer? Just connect to the leads on the cabinet speaker, like most other games? Or is there a different requirement?

Anyone?

#4127 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

That's all I did....

Thank you!

#4151 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I may add shaker later but not super critical. IMO the color is a splurge but it looks so much better had to do it. The monochrome green doesn't bother me. Just figured it was better to grab it now. Even the giant screens on the other remakes is cool but not a deal breaker for me.

Congrats! I picked mine up from Automated 2 weeks ago. And played about 3 hours of pinball there too!

Mine was a 9/2017 build date and it’s flawless.

35C3A44C-7CC3-4570-9D60-F62D54CFC895 (resized).jpeg35C3A44C-7CC3-4570-9D60-F62D54CFC895 (resized).jpeg
#4178 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Awesome....have distributors started charging sales tax? I got two quotes on a MMR and one was charging sales tax and other was not....

Sales tax is coming. Soon. That was what I was told.

#4179 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Is the game suppose to come with a manual or no?

Manual was in the box with mine. Service box plug was not.

Lloyd, should a plug be included?

1 week later
#4298 4 years ago

Can’t get enough of my new standard with color chip and shaker. Honestly, it needs nothing more. But I’ll still get the RGB package, because I love light shows.

#4396 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey.
General question not trying to stir up trouble. What is the feeling/thought about MM price at $10K (I know that you don’t need the topper and black armor trim) but I’m calling it $10,300 when I could get SW pro +DP pro for $11,200.
I realize these pros are the basic stripped down pins and not the full flight premiums or LEs. But still two gaming goodness for the slightly more than the cost of the top of the MM Royal.
My theory, impression is that MM is *not* twice the game of SW or Maiden or DP pro but that extras like prestige, toys, quality and to an extent nostalgia make up the difference.
Myself, I’m on the fence where I can afford whatever but also I’m kind of frugal and I do have several $8-9K pins already. MM would be the king or the crown jewel of a collection but there is something to be said for quantity as in more pins over quality. No?

But MM is twice the game. It’s probably the only game that is. It’s as fun as pinball gets.

#4553 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You mad bro?
I know this is an owners thread. I never said one thing bad about MM, I’m soliciting opinions from owners who feel it’s one of the best pins. It’d be like if I was going to buy a Porsche, I’d go to a Porsche forum and ask a question what makes it so special. I wouldn’t go to a Miata forum and ask if I should buy a Porsche.

Rai, I didn’t think I’d ever spend $8k on a pin. Previous high was around 7k for a NIB AVLE 7 years ago. Resale on that was so bad that I swore off high priced games. Well, then all the QC issues started happening (these have been pretty solid for 5 years at least) and NIB became even less attractive.

I’ve always wanted MM. To me it’s the most well balanced game ever made. It has no weaknesses, and many, many strengths. I was a little miffed when the MMr was priced at $8k. I had a deposit down on the first run, but ultimately cancelled it, because I couldn’t justify the expense.

For a variety of reasons, I recently said “screw it, I want this game”. I ended up buying a new one with the color chip and the Shaker. Cost me about $8400. And I couldn’t be happier. I’d gotten another really good game a few months back, that I was still honeymooning on when I got MMr. I’ve played that game about three times since then. It’s all MMr all the time. It’s simply the perfect pin.

And CGCs QC is excellent. Mine is a late 2017 build. It is gorgeous. No playfield issues whatsoever, and the deepest, glossiest clear you’ve ever seen.

A base model MMr is not the price of two Sterns. More like 2/3 the price. And before the remakes the cost to entry was 3 - 5 times the price of a new Stern. The market says MM is better than two other games. And IMO, the market is right.

Why get naked with two ok looking chicks when you can bang a horny super model?

#4560 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Does anybody know how difficult the GI upgrade will be to install? It seems like it would be pretty involved.

Yeah, would every LED bulb need to be replaced? That will be a PITA.

#4569 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Finally![quoted image]

Nice! I broke 100M for the first time yesterday. Not even close to King of the Realm. Too many SDTM after castle shots!

What triggers the hurry up at the castle? It seems finishing a shot ladder lights it sometimes, but not always. What’s the deal?

#4573 4 years ago

I know about the skill shot. What I’m saying is that, for example, the first time you complete “catapult” let’s say...you light the hurry up. But the first time you complete “joust” you don’t. But I think later “Jousts” do light it.

I’ve completed a Damsel ladder and lit it, and completed a Damsel ladder and not lit it. When I say “ladder” I mean hitting the shots the 3 or 4 times needed to complete that ladder once (one saved damsel, for example...not 3 saved damsels).

Maybe you can light the hurry up one time for each thing (joust, peasant, damsel etc.) before Royal Madness. But the hurry up lights at different levels of completion? Like the second time for joust (for example)?

Or maybe the hurry up won’t light (even if you complete a ladder) if something else is going on in the game?

1 month later
#4722 4 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

If anyone runs into the same problem I did, it indeed was the board. Swapped it out with another board that wasn't having issues, plunger, trough, left and right sling worked fine in test mode. Thanks ltg for the tips.

Please update us on board repair versus replacement.

#4732 4 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I don't have the skill nor knowledge to repair the board. Very cheap to replace. 80 bucks from Little Shop of Games. Path of least resistance for me!

That’s awesome. I may be mixing apples with oranges, but aren’t Stern Spike boards (node) like $300?

I’m thinking ahead in terms of when CGC stuff needs replacement. What’s the investment?

#4733 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Pulled the trigger on a MMr today, should be here next Tuesday.

Everyday since I bought mine I marvel at the fact that I have a pristine Medieval Madness in my basement!

#4744 4 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

There is an ad on pinside from a distributor (pinballandgames) saying they have standard remakes in stock. Hmm.

Pinball’s.com

They have a warehouse full of standards.

#4750 4 years ago

MB over MM? In what universe? MB is a fun game, with a great theme and a couple cool mechs. MM is the best game - with the best toys - of all time. Just sayin’.

2 months later
#5189 4 years ago
Quoted from CurtH:

Having an issue with my game... Finally got it set up and turned her on and got the message that the game could not communicate with the playfield and to check all connections. I opened the backbox and noticed that the blue (looks like an ethernet cable) was not connected so I popped it back in with no luck.
Any ideas?
Thanks...
Curt[quoted image][quoted image]

This happened to me. There are two places to plug that Ethernet cable into, and for whatever reason, they plugged it into the wrong one at the factory.

#5190 4 years ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

Isn't kind of crazy that (deserved) #1 ranked MM doesn't have a spinner? I have so much fun playing it I didn't even realize it didn't have one for the longest time.
Does anyone know if there's a story behind why there isn't one?

Because it’s perfect as is?

Hey Lloyd, how do you adjust the castle gate switch (and where is it?). I hit it sometimes and it won’t register. I’m sure it’s a really small adjustment. Thanks!

#5192 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballPam:

There is "a lot of good info here".... 4+ years and >5K posts worth of info.
Any generous soul in the know care to create an index post (or index a previous post) for a reference and starting point for any noobs lucky enough to join this club going forward?
Just an idea....
Thanks!

For the most part, just play the game and enjoy it! Before you play it, it is wise to check the various nuts and screws on the playfield to ensure everything is tightened properly. My new game had a handful of things (on top of the playfield) that needed some tightening. Be careful not to over tighten on plastics. You don’t want to break one.

Do the same under the playfield. Inspect for loose connectors, etc. just make sure it’s all ship shape. This shouldn’t take very long.

Also - always remember to remove the balls before lifting the playfield! Or they’ll tumble out and could break a plastic. Of course, never replace the glass without remembering to reinsert the balls!

That’s all I got. Have fun! Best. Pin. Ever!

#5193 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Two sets of optos on the path going at the gate. One before the moat hole, the other on the sides of the castle wall right before the gate. When the drawbridge is up you can't see them.
Tests - Switch Edge - to check. You can clean them. Not too much to adjust. If flippers are too strong it is easy for a ball to go higher than them and not register.
Switches #37 & #41 on page 2-40 in the manual.
LTG : )

Thx Lloyd. But are you referring to the door or the gate? My door activates fine. Once down, do gate hits activate the same way? With the optos? I figured there was an actual switch or something for the gate, because it seems to react to hits on the gate, whereas with the door, sometimes you don’t even have to hit it, as the optos are at the moat.

#5195 4 years ago

I’m sure this has been answered already, but in terms of the RGB lighting upgrade, will we have to go through the game and replace multiple bulbs by hand, remove plastics, etc?

9 months later
#7877 3 years ago
Quoted from Theboatnics:

Joined the club today got a little surprise when Fedex Delivered it yesterday though.
I accepted it because it was the last MMrRE NIB in existence i think or that i could find anyway.
So it looks like I am doing a decal and Fedex will pay a damage claim.
Played last night played perfect out of the box !
What a cool pin !
[quoted image][quoted image]

I once had some shipping damage about the size of a quarter on the cab my AVLE. Pink turned box, etc. My distro - JJ from game exchange - dealt with the shipping company on my behalf and got me $600 bucks out of it. No lie.

5 months later
#8479 2 years ago

One. Billion. Dollars.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.