IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from rad:

has anyone received a MMR with black trim? If so, can you post some pictures? I had to drop my pre-order and I'd like to see what I missed out on...

Still waiting on mine as well, but I found this pic of all the trims colors.

MMRTrimX3.jpgMMRTrimX3.jpg

#148 8 years ago

Will MMR come with the metal under leg cabinet protectors? Thinking it might be wise to get a set for the big day

535-0599-00_1.jpg535-0599-00_1.jpg

#152 8 years ago

Thanks Lloyd, you're machine and place is the reason I bought one and got into pinball. Well worth the wait IMHO, and when I get the itch to play MMR or impatient, time to go to SS billiards.

6 months later
#536 8 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Ok guys I would appreciate any feedback.
Seriously considering buying MMR. Is there much difference between the standard and LE and is it worth it considering gameplay is the same.

Here is my understanding of what the LE's have over the standard

A numbered LE Plaque
Available in Gold or Black Trim
Have Shaker
Thicker bottom wood piece in cabinet

Le's in states came out at $7995 and all they sold out right away, now, they $8500-$9000 for an LE and you can still order a standard for $7995.00(in stainless) Shaker can be added later

1 month later
#619 7 years ago

Having trouble getting to video mode. I've adjusted the settings to spell fire 5 times instead of 8. How do I start the mode once the requirements have been met? I'm missing something

#622 7 years ago
Quoted from Nveld:

Once you get 8 or 5 in your case you hit the Merlin hole and it will select it. Good luck!

ha, I should have guess that..off I go

Thx

#636 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

In regards to people who set the pitch using a digital level. WHERE do you place it on the playfield? I get conflicting pitch measurements after leveling it off at 0.0.
If I measure from the spot in the picture I have posted, it reads 6.5/6.6. The PinGuy app (which sits above the flippers) measures it at 7.0. The lower the placement, the higher the measurement.
If I use PinGuy to get me at 6.5 above the flippers, the middle playfield area will read 5.9/6.0.
I'm a bit OCD about getting things "right" and have always been confused as to why the placement of the level device seems to vary so much.
Am I doing something wrong?

Every thing you wanted to know about leveling.

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/

#643 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Here are the sound clips I was referring to.
» YouTube video

Interesting, Is it possible that a mode hasn't been found on this game after all these years? I wonder if this clip is specific the remake, maybe something that might be added later, possibly with the color upgrade or software update?

4 weeks later
#668 7 years ago

Really enjoying MMr, such a beautiful game!

Orange plastic protectors
Gold Mirror Blades
Orange Perfect play rubbers
DMD changed to purple

IMG_0607_(resized).JPGIMG_0607_(resized).JPG

IMG_0612_(resized).JPGIMG_0612_(resized).JPG

IMG_0610_(resized).JPGIMG_0610_(resized).JPG

IMG_0607_(resized).JPGIMG_0607_(resized).JPG

IMG_0609_(resized).JPGIMG_0609_(resized).JPG

1 month later
#700 7 years ago

When I was doing some cleaning, I noticed the wood area under the swinging door looked chipped up on the edge, when I place my finger back there I can lift it like its a layer of plastic and I hoping this is the case and not clear coat. Does the game come come with clear plastic protection over that area or is it clear coat?

IMG_0005_(resized).JPGIMG_0005_(resized).JPG

#704 7 years ago

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Glad I caught it before any cc pieces came out, I should be able to get that sealed up and good as new.

#726 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Those of you who have installed the mantis protesters, are you drilling the hole for the second screw for the moat/ball lock protector, or just using the one screw?

Cliffy and Mantis make for a great combo on this game. I used the Cliffy protector for the back hole inside castle, and the Mantis for the entrance with double side tape under to keep it in place.

IMG_0027_(resized).JPGIMG_0027_(resized).JPG
IMG_0025_(resized).JPGIMG_0025_(resized).JPG
IMG_0024_(resized).JPGIMG_0024_(resized).JPG
IMG_0022_(resized).JPGIMG_0022_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#798 7 years ago

Here is a video of mine in action on default settings. Initially I thought you wire form might be the problem(based on it hitting the bottom), but It appears the catapult is just not getting enough power or is binding somewhere causing to lost power and ball to hit the bottom. I'd lift play field and double check by manually moving the catapult up and down to verify it's not getting caught up on anything. Not sure if is related, but it's odd that your catapult was under powered and your other one was over powered from factory.

IMG_0132_(resized).JPGIMG_0132_(resized).JPG
IMG_0132_(resized).JPGIMG_0132_(resized).JPG

5 months later
#1025 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Direct replacement, very easy mod. I basically unsoldered the old shitty speakers and put in the new speakers. That's it, nothing else.

I have those same speakers, but haven't installed yet. I thought the wiring had to be changed when running 4 ohm speakers instead of 8 ohm?

3 weeks later
#1131 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anybody install the Cliffy moat jump protector? I am having a hard time figuring out what to disassemble for access.

Here's a pic of when I did mine. The two towers have screws on each top and the entire front of castle comes right off afterwards for easy access. Ramp does not need to be removed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/15#post-3270153

Here's some more install pics on Cliffy's website.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/mm.htm

2 months later
#1657 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can anyone comment and let me know if this seems like the ball is bouncing normally.
I'm curious now that a few people have said there ball drops and stays on the flipper.
Thanks

All looks pretty normal to me. There are adjustments that can be made by bending the metal guides at orbit starts in or out. This would place the ball further in or out when it nears the flipper area. Keep in mind, this can be a dark rabbit hole to go down and its' difficult to find the sweet spot as the trajectory will change constantly based on ball position and speed upon orbit exit. Again, yours seems fairly normal so I don't know that it would be worth the effort.

#1709 6 years ago

So I was in Royal Madness mode and I thought I noticed hitting the catapult and having Catapult Ace light up. Do shots during this mode count towards the middle ladder objective(Joust Champion, Catapult Ace, etc). Also, wondering if shots during castle multiball or madness multiball count towards this objective as well. I thought the goal was just to hit jack pots or castle in the multiball modes.

#1770 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I was cleaning my pf with Novus last night and noticed some white hazy trails on the inlane down to the flippers. It's obviously from the ball traveling, but is there any way to clean it up? I've only had the game 3 months, and can't imagine what it might look like in a couple of years.Any help would be appreciated

I found that Novus 2 (white red bottle usually eliminates) then a coat of blitz wax right after. Then, cut and put down some static cling vinyl in the in and out lanes. Ball marks will be thing of the past and its completely temporary and comes right up.

https://www.amazon.com/Grafix-9-Inch-12-Inch-Cling-6-Pack/dp/B002J6CO9I/ref=pd_yo_rr_bia_t_2

Here's the link^

IMG_2006 (resized).JPGIMG_2006 (resized).JPG

IMG_2009 (resized).JPGIMG_2009 (resized).JPG

IMG_2007 (resized).JPGIMG_2007 (resized).JPG

#1772 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So a little Novus 2 will clean up the trails?
I have Mill Wax from a local Pinball shop. Is that a good one to use after to wax the pf?
Also, I was under the impression that new games did not need to be waxed for a while? I got mine in January, so it's only a few months old with about 500 games played.

I put just a dab of novus 2 on a micro fiber towel and go in a circular motion until ball marks are removed then apply wax. I would not use Mill Wax, I believe that has some cleaners/chemicals that are not good for the play field(also messy). I like to wax before I ever play a ball to give a nice protective coat and then every 300 games or so thereafter. Like others have said, inspect and change those Pinballs regularly and also replace factory ones with oh so shiny or silver jets. Having a nicked up ball spinning on the playfield is never a good thing for the clear coat. I inspect/change ever couple hundreds games or so. Just my 2 cents

1 month later
#2045 6 years ago

I can't speak to your exact concern on sound, however changing speakers makes a huge difference. Having done that, the game really came to life and sounds were clear and there sounds I had never heard before due to being drowned out. I don't think the stock speaks have tweeters. Here's a thread, $30 bucks gets you a nice set of kickers that bolt right in with wiring diagram as well. There is always the Pinball Pro or Flipper Fidelity route. The stocks ones definitely have to go.

Added over 7 years ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-update-the-speakers-on-their-mmr/page/2#post-3335920

#2067 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

One more question... Is there any quality advantage to using Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro speakers? I know the install is straight forward and you get that little audio control knob, but curious to hear opinions before I upgrade. Thanks!

Having tried both, I'd say the Kickers are better for uppers/backbox in my opinion then combine with Polk external sub and I don't know that I'd bother replacing the sub in the cabinet. Flipper Fidelity/Pinball Pro I think are a horse a piece, just an easier install as they are already 8 ohm. If you go Kickers, make sure to wire in a series as they are 4 ohm and need to be 8. Follow this wire diagram, really easy with a crimper and wire connectors(30 mins)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-update-the-speakers-on-their-mmr/page/2#post-3335920

Speakers:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I2YX1KW

#2072 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Just to clarify, Kickers are 4 ohm, Pinballpro are 8 ohms.

My bad, corrected.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=sparechange1974 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.