speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyking2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8244 3 years ago

Hey MMr owners ... I've been having a ton of fun making these new products, so here's one for you:

There are plain old original stock coin reject buttons ... then there are aftermarket coin reject buttons with flat 2-D patterns -- I'm taking it to the next dimension with these new 3-D Coin Reject Buttons!

Medieval_1_RCP (resized).jpgMedieval_1_RCP (resized).jpg

These eye-catching buttons literally pop out at you! They're 3D-printed with multiple filaments, featuring a castle tower with an internal spiral staircase lit from inside (by light from the button), visible through the window!

Medieval_2_RCP (resized).jpgMedieval_2_RCP (resized).jpg

Available on my website (https://rocketcitypinball.com) or in my shop here on Pinside (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04834-3d-coin-reject-buttons-medieval-madness). (My daughter gets a commission too; these 3D buttons were her idea!)

Installation instructions video posted in the shop listing. Note: please check your game before ordering -- this button replaces P/N 27-1037 button & 27-1038 cover -- as reimports, modded/swapped coin doors, etc. may have different button types. Compare to my pictures / instruction video to be sure this is the correct one for yours (button is separate piece from slot).

2 years later
#9782 9 months ago

So I'm craaaaaaaazy late to the MM party, and it's because I was an idiot. People have been asking me for a few years now for a 3D start button for MM, but I hadn't made one, for what I thought was good reason. Read on.

The original MM, and MMr, use smaller start buttons, while my 3D start buttons are 1.5" (the size used on modern Stern, JJP, AP, etc.) For most games with the smaller button, this isn't a problem -- I provide the larger housing which fully replaces the smaller button and covers up the counterbore in the cabinet. This does mean, however, that a little bit of artwork detail around the start button would be covered up by the new housing.

Medieval Madness has artwork (the shield & swords) around the button, and so I had dismissed the idea of a custom start button because I didn't want to cover any of the artwork on the shield.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Admittedly, I wasn't intimately familiar with MM. Sure, I'd played it here and there over the years, but never looked too deeply -- until recently when I had to play it in a tournament and had to really pay attention. Before long, I realized what an idiot I'd been for disregarding the start button, because right there in the game's animations, there were knights with shields charging at the screen -- the very same shield around the start button, which had a SKULL in the middle! Then I looked more closely at the artwork in the game, and there it was too -- that same shield, with that goofy cracked skull! For example:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

(I just heard you MM fans facepalming.) And so -- duh -- my 3D start button has to be the skull, to finish off the look of the shield on the cabinet!

Obviously, the design is inspired by the goofy cracked skull but transformed into 3D and manipulated & reconfigured to conform to my button design. I present Rocket City Pinball's 3D Start Button for Medieval Madness! As with my other buttons, it requires a mid-print filament change which permanently fuses the button base and skull together.

MM_thread (resized).jpgMM_thread (resized).jpg

The button base is translucent and lights up (including through the eye sockets, nose, and crack in the skull), and finishes off the complete shield design and matches the lightning in the artwork around it on the cabinet. The installed pic shown below is photoshopped, using an actual photo of lit button shopped onto a separate image of the game cabinet. to give a preview of the finished appearance. I will be visiting a friend with a MM later this week to take 'actual' pics.

MM_Start (resized).jpgMM_Start (resized).jpg

Now available in my shop! https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/08897-3d-start-button-medieval-madness-original-amp-remake

#9783 9 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

The installed pic shown below is photoshopped, using an actual photo of lit button shopped onto a separate image of the game cabinet. to give a preview of the finished appearance. I will be visiting a friend with a MM later this week to take 'actual' pics.

Got it installed on my friend's machine and it looks amazing!

MM_4 (resized).jpgMM_4 (resized).jpgMM_5 (resized).jpgMM_5 (resized).jpgMM_8 (resized).jpgMM_8 (resized).jpgMM_9 (resized).jpgMM_9 (resized).jpgMM_10 (resized).jpgMM_10 (resized).jpgMM_111 (resized).jpgMM_111 (resized).jpgMM_6 (resized).jpgMM_6 (resized).jpgMM_7 (resized).jpgMM_7 (resized).jpg

Shop link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/08897-3d-start-button-medieval-madness-original-amp-remake

1 week later
#9794 9 months ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I’m surprised you haven’t graduated to replacement “Launch Ball” buttons. I did this to a DM I restored. Sorry for the off topic comment. I’m prob going to order the start button. It’s the nicest one I’ve seen yet. [quoted image]

As a matter of fact I do have launch buttons for some games and will continue making more. It's funny you posted Demo Man, because I just got one and will be making both a start button and launch button for it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyking2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=skyking2301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.