IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skillshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4230 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah I was really excited when I learned the updates we’re going to be available, but I’m coming back down to reality a bit. I would never spend $600 on a toy statue...why would I for a topper?! I just bought a 65 in TV for $700...why would I spend close to that on a new display panel when the one I have is perfectly fine? I hate the colorbombing in MBr...I prob won’t like it here.

The topper looks cool, but yeah, those prices are crazy for what you get. I do disagree with you on the RGB lighting for MBr, I really enjoy when the lighting changes based on the activation of a monster mode. I find it immersive more than distracting.

#4233 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I found it distracting and it clashes with the existing color coding and art. IMO the best color GI effects so far have been on Metallica Prem/LE, and they’re not even full RGB. The choreography & color choices are so perfect, subtle combos of colors that give you a mood without bathing the entire game in a singular color.
Are there any good videos of MMr color GI yet? I saw a few crappy ones from Expo. Any streams or anything better?

One of my personal favorites is Horde mode in TWD, where it floods the playfield with red and strobes. Creates an intense moment.

I do miss the ability on my MET PRO to have the Fade to Black mode where the lights slowly dim once you make shots.

1 week later
#4484 4 years ago

I’ll likely be in on an SE. The topper although nice, doesn’t do anything for me personally. I also prefer the Tilt blades over the mirrored ones.

#4530 4 years ago

Anyone hear an update when the new batch of games are expected to ship?

#4589 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

What were people’s thoughts on the Flip n out stream of the Royal Edition?
Did you feel the RGB was well integrated?
I did not catch the full stream but one thing I found interesting was hearing CGC’s Ryan White say that unless you buy the Royal Edition the topper RGB is not interactive with game play at this point in time. Which probably means the speaker lighting is not either. The topper looked great lighting up with playfield effects, flashers etc. but pretty hard for me to justify either the large display or the topper for the price, even more so if they are not integrated the same as the Royal edition. I liked the look of the playfield RGBs so will probably grab the kit for that. Fingers crossed someone brings out a speaker light kit that hooks into the Playfield RGB for the standard display.

Do you have a link to this stream?

#4616 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I have always wanted a better paint-job on my castle and dragon that shows off the cool details that are present in the molding. However, I haven't seen anything that does a great job of matching the colors in the translite and playfield. After years of begging, I finally convinced a famous artist buddy of mine (Mark Jarman) to paint them for me. I love it! What does everyone think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Definitely post pictures when you get it installed.

I would probably had the tops of the castle done in blue vice red to match the display, but still amazing nonetheless.

3 weeks later
#4681 4 years ago

Haven’t heard anything, but hope it’s real soon.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4685 4 years ago

Hopefully by Xmas, if not it’s going to be hard to resist ordering JP instead. I’m planning on an SE.

1 week later
#4713 4 years ago

My distributor seems confident my SE will be here by Xmas. Hope he’s right, a lot of good options after the holiday.

3 weeks later
#4786 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Buy with confidence....CGC builds a quality product and provides great service.....their not STERN

I just got My JP and I’ve had less issues than my CGCs. Also the side art appears to be better quality. Stern’s lockdown bar is better, they include a handle to get the game in the machine easier, and some other improvements. My CGC playfield are dimpled just like all the others. I get Stern has had some pooling issues which they should be criticized for, but they seem to have solved them.

I like my CGC games, but I’m just not seeing a noticeable difference in quality.

#4790 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Sounds like you lucked out. CGC games don't have side art so not sure what your talking about? CGC lock down bar is far superior to the cheap buckles that Stern uses (although their not bad). The bottom line is Stern current product quality is crap...there's nothing but issues with Stern games....

I’m talking about the art on the side of the cabinet. The lockdown on CGC is trash, Sterns used to use that lock, but switched. I don’t even lock it and it doesn’t rattle and I don’t have to fight to get it locked in if I do.

#4794 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

The Stern games weighs about 60lbs
Less ? Just curious where the weight went ?
Lockdown bar ? The piece of shit with Home Depot hasp ? Or the exterior bolts on the head to a Tin can upper cabinet
Or the speaker panel assembled almost entirely of plastic screws . Oh god please stop the madness

Probably the cabinet. I see Stern has at least reinforced all the corners now and as stated above and in the GB forum, appears to have been a problem with that game.

You’ll also see a lot of issues on all the CGC game specific forums. Some of them could and should have been fixed at the factory. There needs to be better QC all around.

Can’t say I’ve had or seen much issues with the cabinet head or speaker assemblies. Least of my concerns, especially if it works.

I’m not here to bash CGC, I’m just saying, I think the companies are on par with each other and they all have things that could be fixed.

#4797 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC's lock down bar is 10X Sterns crap....yours sounds like it needs adjustment....in regards to the cabinet art I see no real differences between the two companies. CGC's play fields are far superior than the latest Sterns....

Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. Again, I don’t even use the lock, I just push it down and there’s no issues. Makes it super easy to remove the glass and wipe down the games.

You can feel a difference on my JP and my MB/AFM. My JP is really glossy. it’s not a big difference and I agree in the end it’s not a big deal.

2 weeks later
#4867 4 years ago

CGC initially said the games would ship in December, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they miss another deadline. I was ready to get one but have since moved on to JP2 and Rick and Morty. Perhaps some other time for me. Hope you guys get your games/add ons soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skillshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=skillshot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.