speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robnotto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5629 4 years ago

My Royal Edition came today. It is my first NIB pin. For those who received their Royal did you get instructions for the topper? Did you guys get a key chain? My old LE came with one, I just figured that was standard. Last question I have a nick in the head that I noticed as soon as I opened it. Will CGC do anything about it?

#5632 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC is great at replacing decals....cabinets not so much although they might send u a head only if its ding in the cabinet

This is my first NIB pinball game so I am not sure if I am being picky.

40222CE8-28B4-4867-A0CD-2435A995B3AD (resized).jpeg40222CE8-28B4-4867-A0CD-2435A995B3AD (resized).jpeg
#5652 3 years ago

Looking for some perspective on rubber for the RE. I figured since the lights change it would be cool to use clear silicone rubber. I bought the Tupperware container from Pinball life full of them. Totally n00b here so my question is that decent rubber? If they are not what type of clear rubber do you suggest? Here is what It looks like....I think a big improvement over the standard black.

I put a full set of cliffs on this playfield, what about waxing them right when you get them? Is that necessary recommended or not not recommended?

9B6827F6-B0EB-4965-9DB8-5C7785E315B3 (resized).jpeg9B6827F6-B0EB-4965-9DB8-5C7785E315B3 (resized).jpeg
#5721 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Mine came! It has a ding. I’m sad. They offered decals, but who realistically ever installs those? I’ll touch up with orange paint and probably never notice it again. The upgrades are super sweet and game plays great right out of the box! This weekend will install Cliffies, custom painted castle & dragon and install titans. Probably purple titans but with the color changing GI might decide on clear.
[quoted image]

I went with clear it looks Awesome with the color changes. Looks like a laser band.

#5722 3 years ago

Checking in to see if people have issues with their Royal. It seems my right troll only registers hits about a quarter of the time.

Hitting Merlins Magic seems to go through and veer off the kick plate to the right with out every registering.

Anyone had anything similar?

Rob

#5732 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

My right troll on my MMrSE needed a direct impact to register. Made some small adjustments to the switch and it is better, but still not as good as the left troll. My slings switches also needed to be adjusted as they would at times fire even when the ball bounced off the rubber of the inlanes.

What should should the approximate gap be? Or is it just adjust it put it back together, test, tear down and repeat?

Thanks this is a great site, hope to contribute back some day.

#5736 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Why tear it apart.
I'd put a cloth down to protect the playfield. Pull the troll mech up and grab the side of the carriage in the jaws of a vice grip. So it can't fall back down into the playfield. Then adjust the rear blade with a point ( leaf blade ) bender or flat nosed pliers. Adjust as close to the fiberboard spacers of the leaf blades as you can.
The remove the vise grip and lower the troll mech back down.
Try a game or two. A tweak or two and you should be good to go.
LTG : )

Yes worked out. Thanks for your help again! Stay safe, healthy and sane!

#5854 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wonder if lighting effects it ? At Expo I thought it more gold.
Maybe more Royal owners will chime in. Please.
LTG : )

Mine looks like silver also.

368A64BB-6708-42ED-9DFC-3D591D5B873E (resized).jpeg368A64BB-6708-42ED-9DFC-3D591D5B873E (resized).jpeg
#5859 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

The build quality on the MMR 2019/'20 editions is IMO the standard premium product that CGC has delivered in the past. The only issues I've had out of the box has been the adjustment I had to make to the metal bracket on the back of the right troll and the plastic lip inside the damsel tower mold, both of which I documented just a few posts above this one.
[quoted image]

I have had the exact opposite experience. I have so many different issues on mine. I have to say support has been great through LTG / CCG But I still have issues, not what I expected on a new machine.

Catapult sometimes launches the ball too far down the ramp where it hits the switch on the top of the ramp
Decals are not clearly cut on the front side and it delaminating. Big difference compared to my MBr and AFMr which are super tight and straight.
Left jet switch error. Test fine, but when I turn it on I get the switch 53 error
Right troll up switch error, switch 74 On start up
Ding in the head unit
Right troll does not register hits all time. Sometimes my right troll does not come up at all. I have adjusted the switch but it is not working all the time
Merlins magic takes 3/4 times to eject the ball (I have not put a washer on the solenoid unit seems to be the wrong type of fix for a brand new machine)
Date and time do not stay set.

I had a MMrLE with no issues so this is frustrating that we liked so much we decided to sell it and buy this NIB. Thinking through the buy a MMrRE or update a MMrLE edition it makes more sense to upgrade and sell the old parts (speaker and screen) The only thing you lose is the power coating.

I did talk to Ryan at CGC and he said when the stay at home lifts I can bring it in to get dialed in. So I am happy that they will take care of everything but it seems like I have that one unit that is cursed.

#5920 3 years ago
Quoted from hoopybox:

Yikes, anyone have a recommendation for leg protectors for the RE? Thinking I should order some before mine arrives.

I put these on mine: https://www.pinballlife.com/pinguard-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

I bought clear for some games and black for other games. On the RE, I like the way black looks. My MBr clear looks great. I have not tried other colors.

#5930 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

I just put adhesive felt on the inside of the legs to protect the cabinet. I would not put the plastic ones on ever again. Those are really nice to cover up damage. But for a new decaled game I will never use them again.

New to hobby and looking for perspective on why. Why wouldn’t you use them? The protectors never touch the decal. It sits between the metal protectors and the metal legs. I attached a picture showing the card slides in easily between the cabinet and the plastic protectors.

CF99259B-8FD6-4F76-9827-A2A7E9F58918 (resized).jpegCF99259B-8FD6-4F76-9827-A2A7E9F58918 (resized).jpegD1A44FED-3CE9-4779-97D0-8E4AEABAB1E1 (resized).jpegD1A44FED-3CE9-4779-97D0-8E4AEABAB1E1 (resized).jpeg
#5999 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Also, forgot to mention I found this piece of plastic under the lock down bar.
It has adhesive on the other side. Not 100% sure where it goes but, the lane for the castle multiball lock area is bare wood? Does it go there?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had the same issue with mine. It goes under lock bar. I spoke to Ryan at CGC he said he was not happy with the glue on that piece of plastic sticking to the powder coated lock bar. I just put some epoxy glue and it went over well.

Your setup looks good!

2 weeks later
#6193 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Having an issue with my Royal MMR.
About 15 to 20% of the time when the catapult launches the ball it hits the switch at the top of the ramp (behind the castle) . When it hits the switch it slows the ball down or it may even bounce off the switch and roll back.
I went in the settings to lower catapult power but it's on default. The only other options are +1 and +2 which would make it too strong.

I had the same issue. I adjusted the ramp to come in more. YMMV.

57C3C834-BD70-41E7-BC7A-05B4BC08999F (resized).jpeg57C3C834-BD70-41E7-BC7A-05B4BC08999F (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6253 3 years ago
Quoted from Deer_Ninja:

Hi All, anyone have an issue with the metal side rails that hold the glass in vibrating loudly when the sounds fire up? I'm thinking of putting a strip of tape or something on the glass edges so my sounds is pleasant and not an ugly vibration over top of it. Any help will be appreciated. BTW, this is a NIB MMR that was just delivered today.

Yeah I have the same thing. Wanting for my cabinet to get fixed before I see I need to try to do anything to address the issue.

1 month later
#6826 3 years ago

Howdy all

I went to put my mantis protector on my MMr. And it does not fit. I know a couple of people have done this already so looking to see if it is me, the game or the Mantis protector that needs to be “adjusted”

The area circled seems to be too long

Thanks in advance for any insights.

71F797F6-CF82-4661-A711-5DD46C098379 (resized).jpeg71F797F6-CF82-4661-A711-5DD46C098379 (resized).jpegFC6327F5-0831-484C-A5C1-52C10F9B2AAE (resized).jpegFC6327F5-0831-484C-A5C1-52C10F9B2AAE (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#7142 3 years ago

I just put these in this weekend. Pretty easy install, 2 screws, weather stripping to stop the light from diffusing through inserts.

The lights stays powered in all the time.

They look good picture, reminds me putting a flashlight under your chin and looking in the mirror.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robnotto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=robnotto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.