149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3957 4 years ago

Hello, trade advice appreciated.

I have a mega modded Tron pro that I didn't want to sell but someone offered me a MM remake standard (with color chip pin stadium lights and art blades).

I have not played MM a lot but played it here and there, just wanted to get some advice if the remake (new build) has any issues? any thoughts, I love Tron and have owned it 5+ years. Would not be selling but my friend has one that I would be able to buy in the future so it's not the end of Tron.

I love my AFM remake but some say that MM +/- very similar to AFM.

Other pins considered were BK SoR (new and flashy played the pro and loved it but can't decide) or BM66 super deep rules not like my other pins.

5 months later
#4304 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

How soon we forget. Beat to shit MMs we’re going for $9,000 - $11,000. Restored or like new $18,000 - $20,000.
Even at $10,000 it’s a steal compared to the pricing of pre-MMr. Your getting a new machine for the price of a beater with a shit ton of mods.

Except then there was more demand and less supply. No one would pay $20K for a full restored MM today, that price was in the past.

#4308 4 years ago

Hey.

General question not trying to stir up trouble. What is the feeling/thought about MM price at $10K (I know that you don’t need the topper and black armor trim) but I’m calling it $10,300 when I could get SW pro +DP pro for $11,200.

I realize these pros are the basic stripped down pins and not the full flight premiums or LEs. But still two gaming goodness for the slightly more than the cost of the top of the MM Royal.

My theory, impression is that MM is *not* twice the game of SW or Maiden or DP pro but that extras like prestige, toys, quality and to an extent nostalgia make up the difference.

Myself, I’m on the fence where I can afford whatever but also I’m kind of frugal and I do have several $8-9K pins already. MM would be the king or the crown jewel of a collection but there is something to be said for quantity as in more pins over quality. No?

#4314 4 years ago

I realize that we don’t need topper etc. but at the same rabbit hole where have Tron I don’t need lighted ramps or arcade mod or color DMD but really do.

Here’s a blast from the time machine past.

Tron + LotR + cash for MM

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-lotr-a-little-cash-mm/page/2

#4359 4 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

I wanted to jump in for some clarity on the upcoming Medieval Madness Production.
As we started thinking about Medieval Madness and the upcoming production run, we wanted to bring the look up to date with our other games (AFM and MB).
We know the community wanted the XL display for Medieval Madness, and many have expressed interest in a CGC topper for the game. They wanted it to look the same as AFM and MB when it was sitting in next to them.
We came up with the idea of update kits that are available for all current Medieval Madness owners, and worked hard on making that a reality. All existing Medieval Madness owners will be able to purchase the updates through their CGC dealer as well as Planetary Pinball Supply, and install the kits for themselves or with the assistance of their dealer.
We also knew a certain number of people would want to have the kits preinstalled by CGC at the factory. So we designed and launched the Special Edition and the Royal Edition. These 2 models are both priced as a Classic Medieval Madness with the cost of the update kits added.
The Royal Edition we then decided to add the Black Diamond powdercoating to all the trim on the game to give it a very refined look. We liked the look of the Black Diamond powdercoating on the armor so much that we decided to add it to the speaker panel, coin door, lower arch/apron, and hinges. The Royal Edition was designed to showcase all the kits available for Medieval Madness.
We will be building 500 total Medieval Madness machines during this time. A limited amount of these will be manufactured as the Royal Edition with all the features installed at the factory. We will not be manufacturing the Royal Edition again. We are treating it like all of our Limited Edition games and only manufacturing them the one time.
We want all of our customers to be able to have the best of what we can build, and we did that by offering the upgrade kits for all existing CGC Medieval Madness games, and wanted to offer new customers the ability to experience what we are doing at CGC.
I encourage everybody who owns a CGC Medieval Madness to look into the update kits. It is a cost effective way to update your Limited Edition and Standard Edition Medieval Madness to look like the other CGC games we manufacturer.
[quoted image]

Thanks!

do you have any pictures of the black trim? I am on the fence and this is the main feature that would decide for me.

#4362 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do you mean what is on the Royal version ? Pictures might not do it justice. The tiny bit of sparkle has to be seen in person.
LTG : )

Yes picture of the Royal trim. I realize won't get the sparkle effect but wanted to see the overall look with all the trim black pieces.

#4369 4 years ago

thanks all.

I will be playing MM and a few other pins next week to see if I'm in.

#4449 4 years ago

Excuse if I missed this. Weren’t the early build games having too faint ink lettering on the inserts? Was this ever corrected and have later versions been better inked?

Also have CGC games the same similar issues to Stern node boards?

I’m almost tempted to buy new for the extra warranty.

#4451 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The ink was ever so slightly less bold, but in fact barely noticeable. It was an overblown crisis of pinside proportions!

OMG the drama!! Surprised we didn’t get a Hitler video out of it.

Can you tell me why I should buy Royal instead of buying 2 Stern pros (Maiden + SW for example). 6 flippers instead of 2.

I’m truly asking, I love MM but love other pins too.

I understand $10k is baller money but if sold down the road hard to lose more than $1500 ish. So it’s not that bad.

#4454 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

you sir may buy whatever pleases you.

I know that just asking if you had to make an argument in favor of MM Royal.

#4456 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Because of great tech support. Should you ever need it. Which isn't likely with CGC's quality. They really stepped up their game.
LTG : )

LTG you are correct. My AFM LE had one minor issue was such a pleasure both in it being nearly trouble free but excellent support.

#4482 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I genuinely thought an owners thread.. Instead, it's drifting to an "oranges vs. apples" discussion.
No drama, just typical Pinside....have to take it in doses.

You mad bro?

I know this is an owners thread. I never said one thing bad about MM, I’m soliciting opinions from owners who feel it’s one of the best pins. It’d be like if I was going to buy a Porsche, I’d go to a Porsche forum and ask a question what makes it so special. I wouldn’t go to a Miata forum and ask if I should buy a Porsche.

#4490 4 years ago

Got it.

I’m going through my own debate, love all my current pins and need to decide if I want to sell one in order to get MM or just keep all and add a cheaper pin.

#4515 4 years ago

Can anyone say how GI is on this, was playing a MM before was a bit dark. Is there anything in menu or new light effects that improve GI?

Maybe mirror blades add a bit of illumination?

1 week later
#4621 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I spoke with the artist (Mark Jarman) and he says there is about 10 hours of work into painting the castle and dragon. He normally gets $100 an hour for contract work but I let him know that there is an opportunity here at pinside for his talents that could be made up in volume. Personally, I think that he really enjoyed painting them and would like to do more.
He says that he will paint the entire castle for $395 and the dragon for $95. Of course, you have to ship them to him. He also says that each one will be a unique work of art as no two pieces will be exactly the same. He will also sign the pieces for you. Basically, you will have a collectible work of art. PM me if you are interested!

Mark says that if you don't like the red roofs, you can specify a color and he will accommodate.

awesome do you have any pics installed on the pin??

11 months later
#7739 3 years ago

are they done making MM Royals?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Saint John, NB
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
20,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
$ 45.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.