c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

252 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ptownpin. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2117 6 years ago

HELP Please - can someone provide me the instructions on how to adjust my flipper bats on my MMRLE? I'm a newbie so would love a little advice before I break out my tools.....my flipper bat angles are too low

Thanks

#2119 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You just need to loosen the nut the shaft goes through, loosen just enough so you can adjust the bat by hand, then retighten.

Thank you...I appreciate the advice...sounds pretty simple

1 month later
#2271 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have both in LE. I personally find that AFM is built better. I just feels more sturdy all around. I'm not technically inclined at all, so this is based solely on feel. However, if you made me pick one, I'd still likely take MMR because I just enjoy the game play and theme more. Again, that's just me...

I have both LE's as well, and see ZERO quality differences....very different games, but built with the same great quality.

#2273 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Same here, I have both LE's and see absolutely no difference in build quality. I love both of them but I still think MMr is a bit more fun. There I said it.

Both great games...kinda hard to pick one or the other...both are very fun, and very different from each other....

1 week later
#2315 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Really want to know how these compare to the Stern built MMRs.

theres no difference....

#2327 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Don't know about that... Even though minor, the operation buttons on the door are new. I'd be curious to play one and see how it feels.
Again, I feel that the build of AFM is more sturdy than MMR. Some people agree, some disagree.
Stern had their hands all over this thing, so I wouldn't be shocked if the CGC build felt even slightly better.

I have both sitting next to each other....zero chance u can say one is built better than the other....both of mine are LE's...I am sure if you look hard enough u find a different screw, switch, button, etc....has nothing to do with the build quality.

#2336 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

One other thing I noticed from that new MMR pic is that they're now adding a subwoofer to the package.
Maybe we should be getting them too

They've always had a subwoofer....I'm confused....

#2345 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So the LE should have a speaker (sub) at the bottom of the cab? If so, I didn't get one!

Yep

2 years later
#4093 4 years ago
Quoted from Quint_of_Dust:

I'm most curious where / how you scored a NIB MMR?
Many of us have deposits down on the delayed limited run that was supposed to have happened in July.
I'm only a little bit envious...
Congrats!

Latest rumor is they might start production in October/November....I spoke with PPS as I wanted to order a new one as well.

#4103 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

What’s the best mod? Besides shaker or good glass?

In my opinion the shaker, color chip, and Cliffy protectors are all must haves....nice to haves are game blades, merlin mod, dragon mod, flipper decals, troll lights, and additional lighting around the flippers, and back of the game.

#4109 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Nope, SEs ended up getting the same (or better) cabs than the LEs, as well as the extra PF clearcoat. All you really got with the LE was the plaque on the apron, $200 off your color chip, the shaker and your choice of trim color. But you actually didn’t pay any extra for an LE (they were just the first 1000 made) so that’s cool.

Makes sense that they would all be the same....not sure the standards and SE had better cabinets...they were all made in the same shop so I highly doubt thats true.

#4111 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The newer ones get the upgraded melamine cabs they started using with AFMR.

Gotcha....are they better? I have all three and don't really think ones better than the other, but what do i know....

#4115 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Agreed.
Since April, I’ve had a set of these in a box waiting for my 2019 MMr machine for precisely that reason.
https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/medieval-madness-new-barrel-lights-and-flickering-torches-mod-kit?_pos=1&_sid=1d32f2d9e&_ss=r
And with my luck, CGC will have updated all the GI lighting to completely align MMr with the other remakes and I’ll be sending all these wonderful mods back to their developers for compatibility reasons.

These are really cool....

#4134 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Next stupid MMr question. When buying NIB what build date should I be looking for ,2017 and after?

I've heard rumors there a few that had issues, but to my knowledge all the runs were pretty much flawless....the only difference is I think is some of all of the LE's were built at Stern (with all CGC cabinets and parts) until CGC brought them in house

#4138 4 years ago

My distro has 9/28/17 As a build date. Picking up tomorrow

Pretty lucky u found a NIB MMR....gotta add the shaker and color chip to the game...must have in my opinion

#4144 4 years ago

Just got in the driveway. MM-1620. They had more than the one I just bought. Call Kayla at Automated Services.[quoted image]

Nice ... congrats on the new game....hope u picked up the color chip and shaker

#4149 4 years ago

I got the color. I'm on the fence with the shaker.

a big part of the game is blowing up the castle....having the shaker is a must to add to the affect

#4153 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Long standing debate and there is certainly no wrong answer because it's personal preference. But for me I love playing a MMR with a shaker because of...
1. Blowing up the Castle just feels like it's crumbling down.... true integration
2. Launching a ball in the catapult makes you feel like you're there standing beside the massive catapult lobbing a boulder over the castle wall. And...
3. Trolls so big and nasty that they make the ground shake and making you feel like they're going to squish your little head if you don't hit them first.
Of all my games with shakers, this is second probably only to Earthshaker for how I feel it's necessary for game feel/effect.

Totally agree....CGC did a great job integrating the shaker with the game play....

#4154 4 years ago

Congrats! I picked mine up from Automated 2 weeks ago. And played about 3 hours of pinball there too!
Mine was a 9/2017 build date and it’s flawless.[quoted image]

Awesome....have distributors started charging sales tax? I got two quotes on a MMR and one was charging sales tax and other was not....

#4158 4 years ago

Yes. The price locally had sales tax. Anywhere else there was shipping so it was about the same. Taxation is theft.

u should have one ... mine had a yellow cover and was stapled to the inside of the game

#4160 4 years ago

Hmmmm....I'd call your distributor

#4168 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I wouldn’t expect pricing to change for MMR. I would love for it to happen, as I want one too, but be prepared to pay 8k.

$8K + delivery + taxes (if applicable) + $400 (color chip) + $150 (shaker)....start to push $9K when all said and done.

#4169 4 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I believe only the LE's came with a physical manual. I could be wrong.
But if it was as supposed too. Contact your dustributor, or CGC.

Mine's an LE .... so maybe thats why? I thought they all got a manual. Just FYI its nothing special...u can probably have one printed for $20

#4173 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Ummm. Some how Stern’s new Jurassic Park with 30 reviews has now overtaken MM as the #1 pin on Pinside.

Give it a couple weeks.....it will drop 10-20 spots

#4177 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Perfectly illustrates the issues with pinside top 100. I'm sure it's a fine game, I haven't played it I'll admit, but no new game can truly be rated better than a proven classic that quickly by an adequate number of people.

This is pretty typical pinside top 100 BS...its basically a skewed view thats posted by people that paid $9K for the game....I've played it and its a fun game, but in my opinion not in the same league as MM, MB, or AFM

#4180 4 years ago

Sales tax is coming. Soon. That was what I was told.

yea really changes the game for buying NIB games from retailers....adding an additional $400-$800 on NIB games is a tough pill to swallow...on a positive note (if there is one) it does help the local guys.

#4199 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Sorry if I missed this, but how does the RGB GI work? Is it somehow interactive where colors change with the display or are the colors just adjustable?
Any info on the pricing for the various kits?

Be nice to know the upgrade costs, and whose eligible....

#4204 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Anytime they refuse to disclose pricing and ask you to call, I can assure you the price is "higher than is reasonable". If it were reasonable, they'd post it and make a big deal out of what a great buy it is. The topper is probably something insane like $500 or so (and Stern's wildly overpriced crap toppers somehow make that look like a "deal"). Larger Color display I wouldn't be surprised if it's $1,000 (if an upgrade is even possible).

your wrong

Topper is $600
Display is $1050 ... with color its $650

#4205 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

your wrong
Topper is $600
Display is $1050 ... with color its $650

The good news everyone can buy them...the bad news is its a big cash grab

#4222 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I think $600 may be too much for this static pinball sculpt.

I'm tempted to interface the Black Knight topper to MMR.

I agree...its basically the same topper as the MBR with the MM theme...doesn't move like the AFMRLE .....CGC is making a great margins on the topper and display upgrades

#4223 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yes, that is all good news and I am happy CGC did this in a manner it doesnt significantly hurt existing customers.
Anyone know if we choose to upgrade to the larger display what we need to do to demonstrate we already have the color chip (pretty sure the thing they use is still in my storage box)?
Also still wondering if the speaker lights come with the new display panel and if the thing matches the current speakers? Guessing yes but can anyone confirm?

My bet is its the exact same speaker box they use on AFM and MRr....smaller speakers, color changing speaker lights and large display...

#4227 4 years ago

I asked my wife if we should get the bigger screen and she said. “ I don’t ever look at it. I’m too busy looking at the ball”. So I’m probably out. She thought 400 for color was a waste of money. $650 puts me awfully close to the 75” tv to replace my 55”.</blockquot

I think its great that CGC is providing a path to upgrade, but the more I think about it the more I'm convinced its a waste of money. Yea it would be nice to have the same size screen as my AFMRLE and MBRLE. Its just hard for me to just throw the existing display, speakers, and panel in the trash. I think the topper and RGB for $700 is probably the only upgrades all get.

#4229 4 years ago

I think its great that CGC is offering a path to upgrade, but the more I think about it the harder it is to justify spending $700 on a new display....I struggle just tossing the existing display in the trash (it has almost zero value)....I still might get the topper/lighting depending on how much work it is to convert

#4250 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I was on the waiting list for the next run of the classic. Just changed my order to Royal Edition. Apparently my distributor received an email this morning saying they are shipping next week.. Seems fast but time will tell...

If their done with MBR builds I wouldn't be surprised they start shipping soon. They were supposed to start shipping months ago, but it got delayed due to MBR delays. My guess is they have had all the parts in stock for a while.

#4253 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'd say its as good as MBR. Clearly they had some limitations as it was an after thought rather than designed in. I have another video:

It looks pretty nice, and if your going to buy the topper the RGB lighting is only $99....although I have no idea how time consuming nor difficult it is to do the conversion.

#4257 4 years ago

What I heard was games be shipped in January, and the upgrades available in 1-3 months from now. So in CGC time that means games will ship end of Q1/Q2, and upgrades probably around the same time....they make incredible games, but they NEVER make schedule.

Here were my approximate wait times for my LE's. Keep in mind for AFM and MB my games were matching numbers so theoretically I was part of the group that got their game first:

MMr - 2 years
AFMRLE - 6 months
MBRLE - 5 months

So who knows maybe they can speed up the process on the new MMr run, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

#4260 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

So here in the great white north we are looking at $15K for the new Royale and that is not even anything limited so no #'s matching or any of that kind of thing. I was told by my distributor that CGC is going to make them as demand dictates so maybe not the panic that people need to have out of the gate to get one on order. I love the game but man the premium is steep on this one. Looks like its going to be the SE for 9K USD at least you get the RGB and larger display. Can't see the topper (although very cool) being worth $1K . Hopefully CGC puts out the game matrix on what the distinct differences are soon.

Its a tough buy at those numbers...I think by moving to the royal version u get the topper, mirrored blades, and powder coating...is it worth $1K? thats up for debate...they should have offered upgraded glass at that price to drive more buyers to those high margin upgrades.

#4266 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Hells yeah. 9 out of 10 newbs are saying they want the NIBs.

Not sure what defines a newb, but I've only been in the hobby 5 years, and I've stopped buying NIB games (since MBRLE)....what I've discovered is there's less aggravation that way. Unless its a CGC product I highly doubt I'll ever buy another NIB game.

#4268 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Me too. I took the Royal MMR plunge, not with Sterno or JJP anytime soon. They’ve got to get their shit fixed.

Congrats....its a great game...I have all the LE remakes....still on the fence on any of the upgrades...display is great, but not too excited about throwing my perfectly good one in the trash, and at the cost of $650 + tax + shipping

#4270 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Thanks man. That means a lot. I’ve been in the hobby since 2005, but lately things seem more like a low quality cash grab. I’m still waiting to see what the final cost is and what makes the MMRRE different.

just my two cents, but after owning my MMR for a few years (mine has the black powder coating)...u might consider just getting the SE and buying the topper separate.....u really don't need the powder coating (stainless looks great on MMR) and mirrored game blades (especially with the RGB lighting). I actually bought the game blades from tilt graphics and they great.

#4272 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

True, I could get the SE, but it’s MM, and I’ve been trying to get one since 2004, so the best nib example available seems reasonable.

I guess my point is if u don't like the mirror blades, and powder coating u can save $400. I used to love mirror blades, but they scratch real easy. Your not getting a break by buying the whole package (though they do the work for u).

#4275 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Ordering a Royal edition but I’m curious if they sell the topper separately and would it work on a original MM

Yes they sell the topper separately ($600), but i have no idea if it would work on an original MM...I'm thinking not

#4305 4 years ago

yea that guy trying to sell that game is smoking crack....

#4310 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey.
General question not trying to stir up trouble. What is the feeling/thought about MM price at $10K (I know that you don’t need the topper and black armor trim) but I’m calling it $10,300 when I could get SW pro +DP pro for $11,200.
I realize these pros are the basic stripped down pins and not the full flight premiums or LEs. But still two gaming goodness for the slightly more than the cost of the top of the MM Royal.
My theory, impression is that MM is *not* twice the game of SW or Maiden or DP pro but that extras like prestige, toys, quality and to an extent nostalgia make up the difference.
Myself, I’m on the fence where I can afford whatever but also I’m kind of frugal and I do have several $8-9K pins already. MM would be the king or the crown jewel of a collection but there is something to be said for quantity as in more pins over quality. No?

All really good points. Yes its expensive (It could be more than $10.3K with tax), but everything is expensive in this hobby. People are paying crazy money for Elvira and JJP games so is MMR Royal pricing really that out of whack? Probably not (unfortunately)....If u don't care about the topper or powder coat than just get the SE for basically the same price as a Stern LE or better yet look for a nice HUO one that someone wants to sell and upgrade to the new model.

#4316 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I realize that we don’t need topper etc. but at the same rabbit hole where have Tron I don’t need lighted ramps or arcade mod or color DMD but really do.

At least for me its hard to buy these games and not tailor to your liking. In my opinion the only things u really need are the Cliffy protectors (I'd get the whole set), shaker, and color. I installed side blades (tilt graphics), troll eyes, and the barrel lights (game is a little dark) on my MMRLE. I have the AFMRLE and MBRLE and I'm not a big fan of the mirror blades as they scratch too easy.

#4319 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I hear you on the mirror blades but man they do look great and kind of add that extra bit of depth to how the game looks. and NO on the Pinstadiums before someone chimes in and says we need them. lmao

I played a game the other day that had pin stadiums (first time seeing them) and they were pretty nice. Personally I think their over priced for what u get, but thats just my opinion. I've typically just added additional spot lights to games that are dark.

#4322 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I have them on my Met Pro- and you know they are nice but for the cost and what they are would not by another set.

I realize everything in pinball is expensive, but spending $250 on those lights seems egregious....my buddy has one on his WOZ and it does help with the dark play field. I simply added spot lights to mine and called it good.

#4324 4 years ago
Quoted from dharris2112:

I'm having to laugh and to cry at the same time.
When I bought my MMRLE, everyone was complaining about how bad the gold option looked. When orders came in, gold was the most popular color. Me being the odd duck ordered black and now that's the MMRRE color.
On the other hand, I'm sad because I waited on the color option because I thought the price was too steep and was hoping for a correction. Then I heard CGC was going to offer a kit to upgrade to the large color display like AFMr and MBr so I waited some more. Now I see the kits will be $649 if you already have the color upgrade FW or $1050 otherwise. There's no way I can justify $1050 for that. That's the price of a mid-range 50" 4K TV at Best (worst) Buy. I guess my MMRLE will remain monochrome.

Its crazy what their charging for the display especially considering there was no new engineering/design on the revised panel. Why didn't u buy the color chip for $200? I have black trim as well....looks nice

#4328 4 years ago
Quoted from dharris2112:

I had heard rumor of the larger color display and wasn't sure I'd be paying "twice". Looks like I am...
Good point on the $200 price for LE owners. I had forgotten about that discount. Maybe I'll look into that if the discount still exists.

Nope....so basically the new display is $850 if your the original LE owner....If I was u I'd pay the $200 and just upgrade your display to color....

#4337 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

200 Royal Editions from what I’m hearing
Or told and Sold Out ! MM still the King !

The MMR Royal edition is not limited or numbered.....they will build as many as they can sell, and will most likely do another run at some point in time....

#4339 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Sold out. Could just mean all 200 were sold to distros not meaning all are sold to customers.

Totally agree...CGC has clearly demonstrated that MMR is their cash cow, and the royal version is by far the king of that cash cow. Why would they limit that run? I am sure they set a limit of 500 games since thats probably all they can make at the moment. If there is demand they will do another run at some point.

#4341 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

This is all we really know at this point.. the RE sounds limited according to Rick’s post below but you could build your own RE and the only difference would be you wouldn’t have the Diamond Black trim and coin door.

Doesn't sound limited to me....he just said its a subset of the total....doesnt mean they won't build more at some point. Whats different about the coin door?

#4343 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

It’s going to be powder coated in the black diamond like the trim, etc.

Gotcha...thanks

#4348 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

No dog in the fight here, but he clearly says the RE will be part of a 500 game run of which a portion will be SE and CE games and that the RE games will “ONLY” come out of this run.. so I guess there will be between 1 and 500 RE made. The coin door sounds like it will be black diamond like the rest of the game (metal flake black powder coat)

yea, but that doesn't mean they won't make more games and call them something else...2 years from now it will be the Royal Plus with a new powder coat, non reflective glass, and a new topper....they've basically left their options open to do anything they want.

#4364 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

cgc-ryan Does this mean that Royal Edition will be numbered like other LE games?

Per his email all your doing is purchasing upgrades and having CGC install so I highly doubt they would be numbered. You get the powder coating, topper, and the shaker for the additional $1K (SE to Royal) ... looks like their charging $250 for the powder coat

#4366 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes picture of the Royal trim. I realize won't get the sparkle effect but wanted to see the overall look with all the trim black pieces.

Black looks great on MMR....I have the black trim on my LE

#4371 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Also the mirror blades and double warranty... so not quite $250 powder coat.

Good point...forgot about the blades so if your truly just buying a standard MMR and paying CGC to install upgrades then why isn't the powder coated trim an option for purchase?

#4394 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Can't wait to see that black armor in person!!

Looks good on my LE

#4409 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

From what it looks like a MMRRE is sold out or close too. Limited to 200

I Highly doubt it + their not limiting the game....they'll keep building these for years as long as people pay...2 years from now it will be the Royal XL version, then the royal blue version, and so on

#4412 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah Im not falling for this again. Only 200 .. yeah right, thats what they will say now. Already bought all these LEs and CEs, name doesnt mean nothing.

CGC claims that the SE and Royal are just upgraded MMR's, but if that was the case than MMR owners should be able to buy the powder coating options as well. So its really CGC skating around the LE issue

#4415 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I know this is not a possibility, and probably way out there, but if they wanted to keep LE owners happy, they could have sold the kits and introduced SE or classic editions but not this royal edition. Im still confused does the royal edition have an emblem or a numbered plaque like the LE does? Not that it matters.

I highly doubt it, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. My guess is they will make these as long as people are willing to pay $10K....I'm all for CGC making bank on this game. That just means they'll have more cash to make more remakes

#4420 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

So upgrading an MMR LE is about the same price as buying a royal edition.
If I did not want to upgrade and buy a royal mmr how much is a HUO MMR LE going for nowadays?

Yep....$7800-$8500 depending on mods, condition, game plays, ect...its a little cheaper to upgrade your LE (if u already have the color chip)...$650+$600+$250

#4424 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I personally wouldn't do that if I were in your shoes (and I am). Taking a hit on the MMR used sale from the retail price that I paid for it (plus shipping) and re-buying now to include tax (and paying for shipping again) for what you could get for much less by upgrading your existing MMRLE. Plus I don't have to pay $600 for a topper that while nice, is not worth that much IMHO. Mainly the display is what I would be interested in and possibly the controlled lamps. The laseriffic MM topper I have is pretty darn cool and I have no interest in paying more than twice as much for the new one.
Obviously too each their own but that's my train of thought.... I think the limited seeming nature of the edition is causing some knee jerk FOMO decisions (as I have been guilty of in the past as well, someone say Alien?).

I'm with ya (in the same shoes)....although my issue is paying the $650 for the new display and just throwing my other one in the trash....seems like a waste to me...I'm more likely to buy the topper and possibly the lighting if its not too much work to upgrade.

#4432 4 years ago
Quoted from slavin20:

The Royal at 200 units will always be unique and will probably hold its value the best. It’s the best overall machine, most add ons, and I don’t believe they will make any more “editions”. This was made just to be on par with their more recent LE releases.

zero chance your correct.....if there is demand they will make this version/game for years to come.

#4440 4 years ago

Just ordered the Royal upgrade for my MMr Limited Edition. Can't wait to see it transform to MMr Royal Limited Edition.

Your ordered the upgrades already or u got put on a list? I'm on Planetary Pinballs list, but they haven't taken any official orders (to my knowledge)

#4443 4 years ago

My distro has my CC on file and ordered one for me as well as the next CGC game #4. When they arrive is another story.

Gotcha so your on a list. Planetary, which is probably the biggest CGC dealer in the states doesn't put your CC on file....they add you to the list and let you know when their available to order. Maybe they do things differently in Canada

#4503 4 years ago

Let me summarize it this way:
Srandard + powdercoating + shaker= LE
LE + Royal upgrade( topper, XL display, color changing LEDs)= Royal Edition.
Don't let the CGC marketing mental cases confuse you. They are basically taking their standards and adding those "mods" and calling it a "Royal Edition". Selling off your standards and LE's for this upgrade is silly unless you don't know how to use a screwdriver or need to call a tech to unstuck a ball. Everyone can have their very own "Royal Edition" if you buy the upgrade package. There is nothing exclusive to the Royal Edition that exists outside the Royal upgrade package unless you count black powdercoat which I personally prefer my gold powdercoat anyway.
I agree with others that say that CGC has skirted around the LE's by essentially offering the same thing LE's have plus the Royal upgrade package but at least they kept those numbers low and made the upgrade available to previous owners. They should have simply called it a standard edition with Royal upgrade plus powdercoat and shaker to avoid confusion. The only values falling theoretically will be on the originals in that the difference now becomes even greater compared to the fully upgraded remakes.

I agree with everything except I like my black LE powder coating I've played my MMR quite a bit the last few days and concluded that the lighting is great, the display is perfectly fine, and that I definitely need a topper. Without a topper the game looks a little out of place next to AFMRLE and MBRLE....I just installed the entire Cliffy set (which wasn't too bad), and the game blades from tilt graphics (they look great). After owning the other remakes I've concluded I'm not a big fan of the mirrored games blades as they scratch too easy

#4506 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Lol, I’m more like, gotta have that XL, RGB lighting is awesome but the topper is like, well... may as well go all the way, but I don’t NEED it.
I do think I’d rather have art blades than mirror blades too, and that’s a cheap upgrade.

The bottom line is their all "nice to haves"....I just can't justify just tossing out a perfectly nice display. I also like the larger speakers in the display. The art blades from Tilt Graphics look pretty nice..I can send u a pic if you want?

#4518 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

That is how I feel too. I have a standard with Black Powder coating and a lot of mods. I am fine with the screen and lighting but want the topper. I would need to see more video of the lighting and understand what it takes to install before pulling the trigger. I know I am sticking with the current screen size and my already upgraded speakers.

mine has upgraded speaker, and a bunch of nice mods. On top of that the play field is perfect....if powder coat is your thing u can get it done relatively cheap. Mine just happened to have black, which I happen to like.

#4522 4 years ago

Maybe it will look something like this.Those that have seen it at the show can verify.[quoted image]

Looks like the same powder coat Stern used on BM66 LE

#4533 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

My distro told me yesterday that earlier in the week CGC told them they may ship earlier than anticipated. No specifics. I just laughed.. I have all the respect in the world for CGCs product but they are shit when it comes to respecting a schedule.. Time will tell if I was mistaken.
Cheers,

I love CGC products, but they NEVER make schedule, but my history has been with a new product launch. My hope is that they already have parts in stock and its just a manufacturing issue. Also I got an email from my distributor last night confirming my upgrades for my email. The interesting thing is the email stated that these upgrades will only be available one time and not in the future...

"We do need to make sure you get the upgrades you want as this will be the only time to get them, so please reply to confirm and secure your upgrades. Payment will be needed later, and we will update at that time".

#4535 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

You've got a lot more time in on these machines than I do, so I just wanted to get some experienced opinions before I start twisting shit. Thanks for yours!

It really is a pretty easy fix. Just look at your other switches and make sure its straight up and down and the height is set properly. When u push down on it u should hear it engage the switch under the play field.

#4540 4 years ago

They gave a 1 to 3 month estimate to be ready to ship for those of you still in on this.

I got the same email....the one thing that did surprise me was the email stated that these upgrades are only available now and not it the future. Not sure if this is a sales pitch or reality....would need someone from PP or CGC to weigh in

#4541 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I got the same email....the one thing that did surprise me was the email stated that these upgrades are only available now and not in the future. Not sure if this is a sales pitch or reality....would need someone from PP or CGC to weigh in

#4544 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I did the same thing. They are nice upgrades, but man they are pricey. I thought I’d get credit for having the color upgrade already, but seems the prices quoted are with the color upgrade already in the game. I can’t justify it even though i love what they did in mbR and AFMr. I’d be at almost $10k on my mmr compared to about 7 for my AFMr and mbR se.

mine were not....my price was quoted assuming I already have the color chip...it was $1499 if u want all three upgrades....

#4546 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

If you didn’t have color you’d have to buy it for another 200 (LE) or 400 (SE).
I’m curious what happened to the much more reasonable $99 (if bought with the topper) for the RGB GI mod myself.
I’m still in, but if push comes to shove the topper might have to go.

me too....in my case the display would go although $600 for a topper is a bit over the top. GGC makes a nice topper, but their effort has gone down hill since AFMRLE

#4548 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I’m trying to understand this as I also received an invoice ( to be paid at time of shipping). The GI illumination kit is $249. So if you never purchased the color chip for $200 way back when, this new GI kit would now give you color? If so, it seems as if I wasted $200. Trying to understand this part of the upgrades.

No the color option is for the display...if your the original LE owner u can buy the color chip for $200....if you were not an original LE owner than that chip costs u $400

#4550 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Yes I know that. I was the original owner and bought the color chip for $200. My question is, is the color chip needed for the GI kit? In other words, let’s say you never got the color chip, will the new GI kit now give you color making the chip no longer required.

I don't think one has anything to do with the other....GI kit only addresses lighting on the play field.

#4555 4 years ago

I’m pretty much of the same opinion as you. I didn’t do the shaker, I may add later. My wife didn’t believe me about the gameplay until we got it home. Now she looks forward to playing where before she wasn’t too big on playing. Game doesn’t have any weak points. Challenging but playable. Reached Royal madness several times but not Castle crusher or battle for the kingdom yet. Really happy with the game. Don’t see it going anywhere anytime soon. Just can’t do all the upgrades.

Shaker is a game changer ....really nice addition to game play ...especially when you blow up the castle

#4559 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea yet. I inquired about doing an install video for it. No word yet.
LTG : )

That sure would be nice....

#4562 4 years ago

I'm sure this has been asked several times, but has anyone made or have the "Williams" logo for MMR? I've seen a decal on Ebay, but not sure I like that.

#4566 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Upgrade to the new XL DMD and you will have the ability to add a digitized Williams logo like on MBr.[quoted image]

yea I have that already on my MBRLE and AFMRLE still on the fence whether its worth $650?

#4570 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

DMD extender works on the mmr display.. So you can at least use the old one on something else.

DMD extender?

#4599 4 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Just for clarity for those who tuned in late to the Flip N Out live stream last night. The topper and speaker kits are fully interactive with ALL Medieval Madness Remakes as will be the speakers. This is not exclusive to just Royal Edition games. We want all MMr Customers to have the full experience of what we can do now with our games.

My question is if u just buy the topper is that integrated into game play or do u have to buy the RGB lighting kit as well?

#4617 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Yeah, I will install the new castle this weekend. I have also ordered some additional spotlights from Comet to highlight the new paint job
I would like to get my LOTR Balrog painted and I have an ACNC that would look way cool with a custom painted castle, and of course the MBR monsters too...
I am curious if anyone else would be interested in getting their Castle and/or Dragon hand-painted in this way? Maybe there is a market for this sort of custom paint work from a skilled artist?

Possibly as I think the dragon and castle both look great....the question is how long does it take, and whats the cost?

1 week later
#4628 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Here are the promised photos of the Mark Jarman painted castle and dragon installed in my MMR. They perfectly match the colors on the playfield and in the translite.
My man cave is almost completely dark so I added a couple of spotlights to highlight the artwork. I also replaced the default yellow bulbs in the two castle spotlights with sunlight LEDs, which Mark says is best for showing off the colors. Mark is working on fulfilling a couple of orders this week. Please PM me if anyone else is interested...
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty incredible work....I get it takes a lot of time, but $500 is a lot for a castle and dragon paint job....I think if he was doing 5-10 at a time it would take him far less time.

#4635 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

It certainly is odd. I'm looking for an SE as well and they are proving hard to find. CE's and Royals are available, but not too many SE's. The SE's might turn out to be the rarest version...

Just buy a nice HUO original MMR and upgrade it

#4640 4 years ago

who knows how many they'll build on this first run, but I can guarantee you one thing .....they'll be make Royal additions for years to come....

#4646 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

From everything we (distributors) have been told, the Royal Edition will only be made this one time. CE/SE might be made again in the future, but it depends on if there is demand and room on the line between other games.

I don't believe that for a second....clearly its their most profitable game so if theres demand they'll build

#4654 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The company has publicly stated they will only make the RE this one time... but whether they make something else or not, who cares???? What’s your point anyway?
Either you’re interested in buying it or you’re not! What difference does it make if they make more later??
This isn’t an “investment”. It’s an amusement device. Definitely a luxury item for home users. Buy it, play it, enjoy it!
If future value is your main concern then you’re in the wrong hobby... Go play the stock market!!
My 0.02$

Have they said that publicly? and I care about future value about as much as I care about your $.02....

1 week later
#4682 4 years ago

I haven't heard Boo on the upgrades....my guess its not until January or maybe February....CGC makes great games, but their always behind schedule.

#4687 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I am ok with that - parting with $15K(canuck pesos) before Christmas may be hard to explain to the wife when she doesn't get her usual bling and i get mine

Im sure it won't be there by xmas...I've owned all the CGC games and they are usually 3-6 months behind schedule....MMR might be different since they've already built the title.

1 week later
#4717 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

My distributor seems confident my SE will be here by Xmas. Hope he’s right, a lot of good options after the holiday.

I hope your right, but I wouldn't hold my breath.....my guess Royals will ship in February....CGC makes awesome games, but their scheduling is crap.

#4728 4 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

My dist said mid-late December. LOL.

right they just want your cash early....we've all seen this movie before

#4746 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’m debating over getting MMr with the updated display or MBr. For you that have both, which one Should I choose? I’m leaning MMr.

Both are great games....MBR is far greater value over MMR with the upgrades....$8K versus $10K

#4748 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’m debating over getting MMr with the updated display or MBr. For you that have both, which one Should I choose? I’m leaning MMr.

Ask the same question in the MBR forum and you'll get a different answer....

#4754 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And obviously they’d be wrong.

Is there really a wrong answer....MBRLE is an incredible game

#4763 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Agreed. It’s very odd that CGC doesn’t have any info on their site at all. I keep checking. I have a Royal edition in order and would love to see more details and pics.

Take it from someone who purchased all three LE's from CGC.....its not a surprise....this is what will happen. Your distributor will call early and request full payment for your game. They will then tell u the game will ship from CGC soon. Some of the games will ship, but most will be delayed weeks if not months. Its just how CGC roles.....the good news is your game will ship at some point, but never on time.

#4768 4 years ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

Those waiting on the latest run of MMr production updates like myself. During the 24hr fundraiser stream by SpecialWhenLit, Ryan White VP of sales for CGC mentioned they were 2 weeks behind due to waiting on one part. Stated that the CE/SE pins should start shipping within the next 2 weeks.

If CGC says December what they really mean is sometime in February .... my guess the Royal version won't ship until Feb/March

#4771 4 years ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

I'm just passing on what Ryan from CGC said since they have been quiet.
"We are building games right now and waiting for that last part to come in before putting them in boxes."
"We are hoping to start shipping out the week of or week after Xmas (CE/SE models)"
"Hoping to start Royals in January"

Thanks for the information....

#4784 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thinking of joining club. Looking at a recent build I think. Any issues to look for? Warranty info ?

Buy with confidence....CGC builds a quality product and provides great service.....their not STERN

#4788 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I just got My JP and I’ve had less issues than my CGCs. Also the side art appears to be better quality. Stern’s lockdown bar is better, they include a handle to get the game in the machine easier, and some other improvements. My CGC playfield are dimpled just like all the others. I get Stern has had some pooling issues which they should be criticized for, but they seem to have solved them.
I like my CGC games, but I’m just not seeing a noticeable difference in quality.

Sounds like you lucked out. CGC games don't have side art so not sure what your talking about? CGC lock down bar is far superior to the cheap buckles that Stern uses (although their not bad). The bottom line is Stern current product quality is crap...there's nothing but issues with Stern games....

#4796 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

The Stern games weighs about 60lbs
Less ? Just curious where the weight went ?
Lockdown bar ? The piece of shit with Home Depot hasp ? Or the exterior bolts on the head to a Tin can upper cabinet
Or the speaker panel assembled almost entirely of plastic screws . Oh god please stop the madness

CGC's lock down bar is 10X Sterns crap....yours sounds like it needs adjustment....in regards to the cabinet art I see no real differences between the two companies. CGC's play fields are far superior than the latest Sterns....

#4803 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

Went to a local distributor yesterday to pick up some parts and asked the sales guy if he has any updates on mmr (regular and SE) delivery dates. He let me know that CGC has told them that they should expect there first shipment to arrive at the end of January or early to mid February...Remaining hopeful...for now...

If history means anything than its CGC's initial delivery date + 3 months....

#4805 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sort of hoping you're right, as I just picked up another machine while waiting, so need to build my pin budget back up a bit...

yea, but the challenge will be that most distributors will ask for the money early even though the game isn't ready to ship. Unless my game isn't built, boxed and ready to ship I wouldn't pay anyone....I can't tell you how many times I've received an email saying your game is schedule to be on the line sometime in the next couple weeks so we need full payment, and 30-60 days later the game finally ships....its annoying

#4810 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I have to say my distributor has been fantastic- give them the $1000.00 at time of order and the remainder the day it arrives to their warehouse and I go pick it up. Very simple and the way it should be.

Totally agree....

#4834 4 years ago

CGC Delivery Timeline = Promised delivery date + 90 days ..... its a scientific formula based on past history

#4847 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

Does anyone know if the new soon to be produced/shipped mmr's (regular and SE) come with any sort of protectors installed at CGC. I have a mbr-le and it has a couple of factory installed cliffy's.
Just wondering if I should buy at complete set...or not

If history is an indicator the answer is no....I installed the complete set from Cliff

1 week later
#4865 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Any idea on when that will be?

I was told at the end of October that it would be 1-3 months.....its been 2.5 months so I anticipate it will be sometime in the next 2-8 weeks....CGC is always a few months behind schedule

#4869 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

I guess the most frustrating thing is the lack of communication from cgc. I would probably be less frustrated if they would just give us an update once in awhile even if it is just to say they are pushing the ship date back further. Most of us have put money down already I think they owe us that much

Every now and then they come on this site and update, but by and large they keep quiet.....what I've learned after owning all three of the games is that they are very slow to get games to market, and are always way behind schedule.....that being said they have historically delivered a quality product.

1 week later
#4905 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Latest info I got is that the ‘parts’ that are holding up the delivery of the newer MMr editions are related to the reworking of the gate/drawbridge mechanism. I did not get specifics as to why. They are still ‘two weeks out’ from shipping. Same timeline predicted...SE’s and the CE’s...then the Royal editions ship.
Until I hear of anybody getting final invoiced, I’m not believing anything CGC says anymore about expected shipping.
I mean come on already...how about releasing some official communication rather than leaving your distributors to field concerns from buyers with deposits in for over a year? If you’re going to keep moving the goal posts month after month, at least be upfront with your customers please. Yeah, I got it...Pinball is hard.

Totally agree, but CGC has done this for all their games...they are typically 2-3 months behind....its always something i.e parts, play field, etc....I would just be cautious about making final payment until your game is actually ready to ship.

1 week later
#4937 4 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

I just picked up a MMrLE. So happy to finally have this machine. Great fun!! My question to you guys... the original owner did not purchase the color chip for it. Do you guys see any way that I can get the chip at the discounted LE cost or am I going to have to pony up the full amount for it?

If they won't do it i would ask the original owner to buy the chip for you....

#4968 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

I have a Royal Edition on order. I noticed a few posts about different protectors (Cliffy's, Mantis, etc...). What protectors should I get for mine? What's really needed vs. what's nice to have?

If i was you I'd order a complete set of Cliffy's and then get the mantis protector for the moat....

#4977 4 years ago

all add-ons can be ordered from your favorite authorized CGC dealer as of now. that being said, none of the add-ons will be shipped until the last MMrR(oyal) has been built.
0611 MMR HD Color Display Upgrade $399.99
0612 AFM HD Color Display Upgrade (Classic Edition) $399.99
0613 MB HD Color Display Upgrade (Classic Edition) $399.99
0711-TOPP MMR - King of Payne Topper $599.99
0711-RGBG MMR - RGB General Illumination Upgrade Kit $249.99
0711-XLCD XL Display & Premium Enhanced Sound System Upgrade Kit (To be used with MMR HD Color Display Upgrade) $649.99

I wonder why? from a business perspective it makes zero sense unless they don't have the parts, which also would make zero sense...

#4981 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Because you make more more profit selling complete systems vs just a few parts for systems. Actually does make sense.

I bet their profit margins are much higher on upgrades

#4987 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I would normally agree but in this case the price of a fully upgraded machine(Royal) is the SAME as buying the basic machine(Classic) and all the upgrades separately. Profit margin would be the same. If anything the profit is lower on the upgrades because of separate packaging & shipping.

Dont get me wrong I could care less if I have to wait another 3 months for the upgrades, but there is no chance they are not making a much higher profit margin on a $600 topper or for that matter the upgraded display for $650 that they've already engineered and have been using for years on their AFM and MB games

#4989 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Huge thank you to Chris at Kingpin for helping haul it downstairs and set it up. Build date is Jan 29, 2020. Based on the serial this is MMr Special Edition number 4 off the line. (3004)
Kingpin rocks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome

#5020 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

I talked with my distributor today, and they expect the RE to still be another 6-12 weeks. I hate needing to be patient.

Wow....unfortunately its in their DNA to be several months behind schedule....I guess that means upgrades won't be available for another 2-4 months....only 6 months behind schedule

#5041 4 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Who are you guys ordering the kits thru?

I ordered my kit through Planetary back in October...at the time they stated shipping was 1-3 months

1 week later
#5219 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

My distributor about a week or so ago said that he estimates 6-12 weeks for when I will get mine.

Thats probably more realistic.....CGC makes great games, but is never on schedule....its always promise date + 3-6 months

#5221 4 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I ordered the upgrades the day they were announced and was told I'd get them mid-January...now I'm not being told anything...

I was told it would be after all the Royals have shipped...so plan on June or July

1 week later
#5249 4 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

will do a re run
of the speaker grills
Re-Run 2020
1 Kit (2 pieces) shipped to USA 55$
just clue some mini neodymium magnets at the parts, best and easy way[quoted image]

These are really well done, but I've had nothing but trouble getting them to stay in place. What size magnets are you using? I assume you epoxy them onto the back?

1 month later
#5371 4 years ago

Yeah, as a distributor, there have been NO updates on the completion of the MMr Royal games so NO ONE should be asking for payment. If this is the case, the find a better distributor.

Interesting....as I hear Planetary has requested final payments...hmmmm

#5390 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I’m having quite a few rejects on the damsel ramp. It appears part of the wall is narrowing the ramp entrance. Specifically on the left side right at the tower entrance. Is this normal?
[quoted image]

mine looks just like yours, and I don't have any issues....

#5401 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

I hate to be that guy, but I'll believe it when I see the pics of Royals in peoples houses next week. CGC has said that their manufacturing is completely shut down.

They must of been sitting on a few dozen games for quite a while, and decided to generate a little revenue....

#5408 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anybody getting tracking numbers for just the parts kit?

I've been on their list since October....Since their not making any games for a while it would be nice they just ship out kits. Be a great way to generate a little revenue....although not holding my breath...

#5411 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Except kits probable aren't ready to go. Make a wood crate for topper. Boxes for the other kits. Instructions. Sort and pack everything in boxes. Etc. Etc. With the Illinois lockdown right now, I'm sure that isn't likely any time soon. That will take a lot of people to do. Believe me since I have plenty of spare time right now, I'd like to have them to stick in my game so I'm ready for tech support on them.
Games all ready built and waiting on a part. Takes less people to finish them and box and send on their way.

wasn't saying it was easy, but if they have all the parts its a lot easier to sell kits than to assemble games. Takes much less people and time....I say that knowing darn well they won't send anything out until they build out all the royals

#5417 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hello all,
I am inquiring to see if anyone in this forum has the following mod for their MMr and if so, do they feel it is warranted?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/01666-slingshot-protector-set-for-medieval-madness
Look forward to your responses.

Yes....and the fluorescent ones look great

#5432 4 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

Yesterday I was able to secure a pre-order on a MM Royal from a Distributor that had a cancellation. Not thinking I will see mine until June or July, but I am excited to see others unbox theirs in the coming days.
I was told that the Royals are limited to 350 units. Is that a true statement and will they be numbered?.

I've heard no, but we'll find out soon...my guess is CGC doesn't want to limit that version as my guess is its their most profitable

#5435 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A run of only 350 was stated, numbering of the games was not (besides the serial #'s). Congrats!!

I heard the same thing....clearly they are planning to do another run of the royal version at some point...could be a few years, but they will do another run as its not limited (which really doesn't mean much).

#5439 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

FWIW, It’s been stated by CGC (in this thread) that the Royal Edition is one run only. They will do more of the classic and special editions however.

I never heard that....if thats the case then they'll just call it something different. Existing owners can buy all the upgrades and armor if they want to...

#5479 4 years ago

Looks Awesome...they all say "Royal Rules"

#5492 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

They added an drain outhole protector. The rest are Cliffy compatible...so skip the Cliffy drain outhole protector and get the rest.

They have a mantis style protector in the scoop, but it doesn't protect the edges....On top of all the Cliffy protectors I would highly suggest ordering the mantis laser etched protector. Its easy to install, really helps protect that area, and it looks great.

#5504 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I've got my order in with Kingpin and he's been quick to respond even when I send him all the stupid questions that I've bugged him with for the past year that I've been on this train.
Yesterday he responded to my email in 8 minutes and was just as quick with the follow ups. Despite the fact that I don't have a game yet, I've been extremely pleased.
I think the bigger issue seems to be CGC's lack of transparency and communication. I've seen posts from many vendors and buyers on here mentioning that they are in the dark about the game's status. They make a great game, I just wish they were more open and forthright like Spooky.

I've seen this movie three times with CGC....yes they make a great game, but they NEVER make schedule, and the wait starts to get very frustrating to the point I don't think I'll ever pre order another game from them...I'll just wait until they have NIB models available or buy a nice HUO game....

#5506 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

We are officially in JJPOTC territory now.
I ordered from GAP and I can’t even get a reply as to what is going on. Has the stay @ home order prevented people from answering emails now too? This would be my fourth NIB machine I’ve purchased from GAP and I feel like I’ve been put on ignore.
Every other business in the world emails regular CVD19 updates and what they’re doing to take care of their customers in the interim...and I get them almost daily. Apparently pinball makers and distributors are exempt from the same customer service.

I think Planetary has the most pull with CGC

#5532 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I had been using alligator clips from the cabinet speaker to the sub on all my games and then I tried the pinnovators kit and I feel the bass is much cleaner and crisper. I also use their mixer to allow hook up of four games to one sub and it also allows for individual game volume control for bass effects. Nice products they have. I am not affiliated with them in any way, just like their stuff.
And glad you like the undercab lights, we appreciate the business.

I second the pinnovators kits. Its relatively cheap and a great product.

#5569 4 years ago

Strictly from a business standpoint why would CGC limit the number of RE's? It is clearly their most profitable game to date. Its essentially the same platform as MBRLE (except the powder coated coin door), and that sold for $8K. Their selling royals at $10K so thats a shit load of profit. It might be a few years before they make more, but its my guess they will continue to make the game if theres demand. Theres a reason why theres not a numbering system on the game. The caveat to that is maybe they just want to sell upgrade kits as the topper, lighting, display and armor are kits people can just buy if they want the royal experience.

#5571 4 years ago

but if they never make another run than the royals will be truly limited

#5575 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Your business assumption is incorrect. The cost of buying a RE is the same as CE+accessories or SE+accessories. They all add up to $10k. The most profitable would be the CE + accessories. That way they have no labour costs to install that stuff in the machine, and no added powder coat costs. They still get $10k, but a higher profit margin by selling the addons separately.
The inflated selling price (when compared to MBr and AFMr) is to keep the previous owners happy, since they are the ones that paved the way for CGC to start manufacturing remakes.
Also the numbering (or NON numbering) is also likely to keep the LE owners happy. This has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread already.
I wouldn't be surprised however if a couple of years down the road we see CGC "modernize" the design of the remakes. Like a MB2.0 / AFM2.0 / MM2.0. LCD screen, new animations... Make it look like the modern counterparts being produced now... Only time will tell....

I understand why they were keeping the LE owners happy with their current MMR pricing structure (I have an LE). What I was saying as a stand alone completed game the RE is by far their highest profit game to date as the labor costs to deliver a CE versus a RE are exactly the same. The only difference is they have to package the topper in its own box, strap to the game, and ship.

#5579 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

You are correct it is a bit of a $$ grab considering what the AFMrLE and MBrLE sold for. which have the bigger screen Topper and powder coated rails etc. But for most, if your going to spend 8K, whats another 2K to get what you want and may not have a chance to get again. I kicked my ass for not getting the AFMrLE so figured i may as well bend over and take it like a man this time

Good man! u only live once

#5580 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I can't compare because I don't have an LE, but I'll post these. I think it looks great.
The coin door and speaker panel add a nice touch too.[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the LE in black, and the RE armor looks a little nicer in my opinion...both look good ...we didn't get the powder coated coin door, but its already black so u really can't tell

#5582 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I have the MBrLE and its a beauty so i hope nothing less for this one. You can definitely tell the build quality is there but the play field still dimples so that one they do need to improve on lol

Not sure why, but my MMRLE didn't dimple as much as my MBRLE or AFMRLE

#5584 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Weren't the MMR playfields made by a different manufacturer than the AFMR and MBR playfields?

I don't know? I always thought CGC made their own play fields?

#5591 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’ve heard 200 Royals , 350 ? But was also told after this it will be a long time before
There done again if ever ?
I’m still thinking Addams next ?

Come on we all know that if theres enough demand they'll build it again...why wouldn't they? Its been a few years since they did another MMR run so it will probably be a couple more before they do another run of royals or whatever they decided to call it.

#5596 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I didn’t say never but there’s a list of remakes they want to do , so it’s not anytime soon . I have decent info on remakes , I knew 6 months before MMR went up for sale from day one ,I told some close pinball buddy’s and they laughed .
So if you really wanna know BBBR is next

I think it will be a few years, but if people want it they'll build it...all depends if the next remake sells very well. I have my doubts its BBBR....I heard from my source at the factory its TOTAN

#5602 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I ordered and put a deposit down the day after it was announced with Zach at Flipnout. He has gotten no info on when it will arrive. Seems like the ones who got there’s first came from planetary maybe?

Planetary has the most pull with CGC (from my experience)

#5608 4 years ago

I'll just put this right here...

Looks awesome Nick....Looking forward to checking it out before I pull the trigger on my upgrade kit

#5613 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I see that MB Special editions are $7299, MM Special editions are now $9299? What the?[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that Canadian dollars? u can pick up a nice LE for less than $8K

#5616 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I did a search... this is U.S. dollars. The Standard Editions are $7999. The Special Editions are $8999. LE's $9999.
To me, AFM is just as good of a game and you can save $2K!!
Of course, that's if you have the cash right now

Oh I was confused ... for minute I thought it was MBR....this is the correct pricing on MMR games...

#5617 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I did a search... this is U.S. dollars. The Standard Editions are $7999. The Special Editions are $8999. LE's $9999.
To me, AFM is just as good of a game and you can save $2K!!
Of course, that's if you have the cash right now

This pricing is correct for MMR games...the royal is $2K above the MBR and AFMRLE's

#5621 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

The difference in price over the MBr and AFMr shows they have profit margins... so again, why the price increase by distributors? There is NO WAY the MM costs $2K more to manufacture.
I've seen (and passed on) MMR's in the mid $7K range... they are all over the market and some are sitting at $7500.
High end games are going to be sitting (just my opinion) especially in a few months due to the financial crisis in our country.. so being bilked for an extra $200-300 right now when I'm actually a cash buyer doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.
The big display is cool, but not OMG cool at this point.

I totally agree that its pure profit on CGC's part (for the most part). That being said it seems the market will pay it. The reason for the pricing structure (per CGC) is that they didn't want to piss off the original LE owners who purchased the game at $8K + $200 for the color chip....I also think their hoping that the original owners will pay up for the upgrades (which is like $1500+) so its not cheap

#5631 4 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

My Royal Edition came today. It is my first NIB pin. For those who received their Royal did you get instructions for the topper? Did you guys get a key chain? My old LE came with one, I just figured that was standard. Last question I have a nick in the head that I noticed as soon as I opened it. Will CGC do anything about it?

CGC is great at replacing decals....cabinets not so much although they might send u a head only if its ding in the cabinet

#5637 4 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

This is my first NIB pinball game so I am not sure if I am being picky.[quoted image]

I would submit a ticket with CGC and see what they say. If I paid $10K+ for a new game I'd expect something better. They will probably tell you use a black marker and touch it up....if u push hard enough they might send u a new head, but you would have to swap the electronics, and the head (not that hard)....

#5638 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Unfortunate, but not all that bad and I'd just touch it up and forget about it. If this was a new Stern and this was all that was wrong with it, it would be like winning the lotto though.

Bad enough on a NIB $10K game....I'd push for a new head assembly with decals....

#5647 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Don't overpay! I'm not here to bash nor defend the pricing on the current release of MMr, it is what it is. But dealers marking up the game $200-300 for no reason is nuts in a time like this. I know people will always have money no matter how bad or how many people are out of work.. but the market is soft right given the lockdowns, arcades/bars being closed, and people not working.
My opinion? Find a used MMr on the market, I see them sit with color chips for mid-$7K's. The MMr has been out for what, 4 years now? The big screen is nice, but not $2K more nice to me. And you can buy the upgrade down the road for $650. Why support a dealer marking games up $300 over MSRP in a friggin pandemic?

Not defending the numbers, but the $2K is for the powder coating, RGB lighting, larger screen, color, lite speaker panels, mirrored game blades, and topper. I've been on the list for upgrading my LE, but not sure its worth the cost? I need to see one in person before I pass judgment.

#5649 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

He's talking about the $2K difference in the MBr and AFMr Special editions... all of which have the upgraded bigger color screen, lighted speaker panel, RGB's, etc. Upgrading from a previous MMr is a totally different thing.
look at AFM special editions and MM special editions and the pricing, in other words.[quoted image]

Gotcha...different game....different pricing....is what it is .... not gonna change....I know as i've owned all the LE's....If u want a new standard MMR with color its gonna cost u $8700 assuming shipping is $300 + tax in some states....

#5663 3 years ago

I would absolutely agree with you if the past precedence wasn't already set based on other titles.
If you look at the top 4 games listed on the top 100 there are currently 13 listings for 4 games[quoted image]

Totally agree....there should be consistency across the board.

#5669 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

The whole list is bogus anyway as they don't do proper sampling and have a minimum benchmark to be rated. That's why we see all these new titles shoot straight to the top all the time. IMO there should be at least 300 - 500 ratings to get on the list or have an asterisk beside it as pending until it meets the threshold of enough people rating it

I get what your saying, but 300-500 ratings is pretty unrealistic....I can see 50 or maybe 100....some games just are not out in the wild so very few people ever get to see the game let alone play it....i.e. TBL, BBB, CC, POTC ....

#5678 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Can anyone tell me if the MMR Royal edition comes with Anti-reflective glass? I've been getting conflicting information.

Nope

#5684 3 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

OK, lets try it another way.
When will they be done being built?

my guess is sometime in Q4

#5693 3 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Well the folks who chimed in after you were more helpful and I thank them. 8-10 weeks is good.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the 8-10 week number....

#5769 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I think you should get a bonus for getting the ball up there...eat your heart out NGG hole-in-one shot.
[quoted image]

wow thats crazy.....I always cringe during troll madness since u get balls slapping the glass all the time....although I've never had ball even come close to flying over the castle....

#5809 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

I’m proud to present my artwork for my alternate Medieval Madness Translite and Acrylic Backglass, (officially licensed from Williams) is now available!
I asked for a lot of feedback from Medieval Madness fans before starting. It was suggested that I illustrate the Six Kings of each of the Castles you destroy in the game. The Earl of Ego, Sir Psycho, Francois De Grimm, Lord Howard Hurtz, the Duke of Bourbon, and of course, Payne! It was also suggested that I add a bunch of tributes to Monty Python’s Holy Grail, so I snuck in as many as I could. Overall, the general feedback was that they wanted to see something more colorful, light-hearted, and fun than the original backglass art, which was created by the legendary pinball artists, Greg Freres and John Youssi.
This is my most detailed and time-consuming alternate Backglass so far (I’ve also designed one for Attack From Mars, and another for Monster Bash). Medieval Madness is a highly respected and coveted pinball game, and I wanted to put everything I had into this to pay it the respect it deserved. I hope fans of the game are satisfied!
ACRYLIC BACKGLASS version:
• Reverse-printed on a 1/8″ thick translucent acrylic backglass (not a thin Translite).
• Printed by the same manufacturer as Stern and Chicago Gaming.
• Double-layered ink, and double-layered white backing to make the colors really pop.
• Measures 27"x 18 7/8" to fit in a Medieval Madness Classic and Remake machine, or a lightbox. Looks beautiful when backlit!
• It comes with a certificate of authenticity signed and numbered by the artist.
• LIMITED TO ONLY 250 ever.
• NOTE: Please allow 30 days shipping, due to increased printing and processing time due to COVID-19.
• $225 plus shipping
TRANSLITE version:
• Flexible Translite material.
• Printed by the same manufacturer as Stern and Chicago Gaming.
• Double-layered ink, and double-layered white backing to make the colors really pop.
• Measures 26.5"x 18 3/8" to fit in a Medieval Madness Classic and Remake machine, or a lightbox. Looks beautiful when backlit!
• Signed by the artist
• Shipping now! Ships internationally
• $119.99 plus shipping
Learn more, or order one here:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/
VIDEO of the product:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

well done...do you pay upfront or once its actually ready to ship....also I think your right that it would look great with a back light....

#5863 3 years ago
Quoted from WishyWashyPony:

Hi, I assembled my RE yesterday and this is my first machine that I own. Wondering what is is spare part for?
[quoted image]

Flipper gauge (great video) and I think thats power cord plate that gets installed in the back of the game

#5869 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

As much as I love most Cliffy's I ordered the complete set from Mantis for my Royal on the advice from another Pinsider. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Their not the same protectors....I used a combo of Cliff's and Mantis

#5870 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Cliffy does make a protector for the MM hole. It's a carbon fiber looking press-on that looks terrific. Covers the same area as the pinbits version.
Contact Cliff because I don't think it's listed in the MM/MMR kit.

Its not....I have the same protector on mine...the game already came with a mantis style protector

1 week later
#6008 3 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Hello folks, does anyone have an approximation of time between forking over the 10K to your distributor for final payment and physical receipt of your MMR RE? I was assuming once final payment was made I would be within a few weeks of delivery..... As of today, distributor indicates it hasn't yet left CGC. We're running on 3 weeks. Any feedback would be welcome.

I've seen these issues first hand with all the other remakes. CGC gets a little anxious to accept payment, and requests full payment (per the distributor) before the game is actually built, and then for whatever reason it sits on the line for weeks (usually some missing part or something). What I've learned over the years to to never make full payment until your game is boxed and ready to ship.....unfortunately CGC has been doing this for years.

#6024 3 years ago
Quoted from WishyWashyPony:

hmm, so just shove a magnet under the castle, or you are thinking of something else? I happen to have some very small magnets at hand, so I think I could drill a hole on the mini foot to glue it there, but don't want to drill the castle

Why can't u just use double sided tape? should hold fine and the tape is removable

#6036 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Unfortunately we have seen this from this company many times way before this pandemic, that is why I said I am not surprised

CGC is famous for this....happens on every title....

#6069 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Just a tilt warning for everyone. Today I made it to battle for the kingdom on my MMrRE. Haven’t changed any settings from the factory. It vibrated so much during the battle that it actually tilted the machine! I was pretty pissed since I was only on ball 2 but $hit happens. I’m guessing whatever is factory set is too much for the kingdom battle. I mean it rattles like hell through it all.

Wow....thats a new one

#6073 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

A question for anyone who has owned an MMR and one of the newer models....Has the sound quality been improved? On my MMR the speech is a little muddy and hard to understand.

Who knows, but my sound on my MMRLE is sounds crystal clear..maybe u have an issue with your machine?

#6092 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

They can’t have someone working from home taking tech issues?

In the past CGC has been pretty good with customer support....not sure how hard it is to have someone sitting at home answering emails and making phone calls....especially since their collecting cash and shipping out games

#6094 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the coil lugs. The wires to the coil on tight. Then dig around the thin wire from each lug that goes into the coil, look for a crack or break.
Then I'd swap the left and right flipper button opto boards, to rule them out opening and staying open.

Open a ticket. If you did, add to it.

Actually it's quite easy. Once it goes up to the engineers, then it's on them and with the lockdown may take a bit.

Not my department.

It should be with the great service you provide

1 week later
#6213 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I prepaid for mine back in early November. I was told "Mid January" for delivery (silly me, I assumed January 2020)...Fingers crossed we should get them in about 6 months... /s

You prepaid? Why? I've been on Planetary Pinballs list since last October. At the time they said a January ship date, but I knew there was very little chance that would happen. CGC is always 3-6 months behind schedule. I haven't heard word one from PP since last October.

#6291 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So the MMR to widescreen, LED and topper upgrade kits landed in the UK this week mine will be with me on Tuesday and I’ll be streaming the upgrade process on twitch.

Thats great.....I guess CGC doesn't care about its USA customers

#6299 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

hmm, seriously ?
I think with c19 we just got lucky on the timing of a container...
Neil.

Nah....no big deal....happy for u guys....have they provided any information on upgrading the RGB kit ?

#6320 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

some photos of the update kit:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing

#6333 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I still haven't seen an email from Planetary since February...
Glad to see y'all getting yours tho.

I haven't either...been on their list since last October

#6378 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Can someone explain to me about kit: 0711-xlcd?
Does it fit in an MMrLE with a color chip, and if so are there any other "parts " needed to make it functional?
Thanks.
Robert

I would contact Planetary for details. You can basically upgrade the MMRLE with the RGB lighting, Topper, and new display/speakers. If you already have the color chip its like $1500 for all 3 items. If u don't want all three u can buy them each separately. I've been on Planetary pinballs list since announcement (like last October) and I haven't heard boo from them sense. Apparently people are already getting them in Europe, but they haven't shipped in the USA yet.

#6388 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I wish. I remember this was a point of discussion here that they don't even give a $0.50 key fob with your $10kUSD machine... Or anti-reflective glass..

On my AFMRLE and MBRLE I called them and requested a key FOB and they honored the request....although at the time they didn't have one for my MMRLE

#6423 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

paynemic: It’s interesting you noticed that as I played a MMR LE when it first launched and many of the Merlin shots wouldn’t stick similar to my original MM.
Really curious if CGC have figured out a way to modify the Merlin saucer on these more recent releases.
Regardless, this game has stood the test of time and is a timeless classic.

This issue must vary from game to game....My MMRLE sticks the merlin shot probably 90% of the time...

#6427 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

PtownPin: It certainly sounds like this does vary from game to game.
It drove me a bit crazy on my original MM, which is why we were so happy that the ball stuck so well on our Royal.
I’m just so impressed with the pin as a whole and how amazingly well it shoots.

Thats awesome....it might be flipper strength, play field angle, and the Merlin hole itself....mine has been really solid

1 week later
#6508 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Agree. There are plenty of MM's out there, both MM and MMR... back just a year ago you could get an MMr for around $7K-ish and MMr LE's for mid $7K.
If you have any question on the market, just look at the prices off AFMr and MBr and where they settled.
But you can't blame people for trying to sell while the market is hot/fresh with all the hype of the Royale and big screen coming out.

Really?....I've never seen a nice HUO MMRLE for mid 7's....all the ones I've seen are $8K+ with the color chip ... many have sold for $8500+ that are really nice with mods and low plays

#6512 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

The protector is made by mantis. Little house of games has a mantis kit for 45. A little cheaper then the mantis web site

I just purchased the laser etched piece separately....I installed Cliffy protectors on the other areas....the laser piece looks awesome in the game and is a one minute install

#6516 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Re: Mantis castle moat jump cobblestone being mentioned: Do not drill a hole to install it, the hole is there but not needed. Mantis should re-issue it without the hole maybe.

Totally agree...

#6527 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I had this installed on my old MM, didn't remember it was only 1 minute....now that's a BONUS!

well I guess if u include taking off the glass its a little longer

#6550 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

For those interested in the MMr Royale topper only, is this a limited run / limited numbers topper or will they be making as many as people can buy?
[quoted image]

At $600....as many as people will buy would be my guess

#6570 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I sent an email off to Mantis to see if I could get just the cobblestone protector this morning. I emailed Cliffy this morning with a link to the videos, and he's going to send me the drain protector and another I didn't understand (TBD). He said he used to include the drain protector, but CGC started providing them Gratis in their games so he stopped. However, I have a very early run LE #260 and they hadn't switched to these yet. I'll throw up another video when it shows up.

They sell just that protector...I think mine was $22 + shipping

1 week later
#6663 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

making things interactive on MMR games is not so easy because everything is on that single big board under the playfield. It's not like modding an original, which is simple. if I were to do something like that it would not be anywhere close $25-35 and would require a relay board with a light sensor. Sorry.
I have been getting a lot of inquiries about the merlin RGB hole light, never thought people would want that since it's mre of a hole and not a traditional scoop like on mb or afm. This would be identical to our RGB trough light, which is interactive with the GI. When the GI turns red, the led strip turn red, when GI turns blue, led strip turns blue, etc. It is a plug and play mod. You unplug one of the RGB GI connectors in the back of the game and plug in the mod. I haven't done it on my game as I don't want a light there, but you would just need to mount the led strip under the playfield so that the lights can be seen through the scoop.

Its a great idea in principal, but I totally agree that its way too challenging....I wanted to do this years a go, and quickly learned it wasn't practical

#6671 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Maybe you can post pics of what you receive from PDI, but its likely the same from the link here: http://wolfsoft.de/wordpress/?p=1279

This guys product is terrible... I bought his stuff for my TZ and ended up throwing in the garbage

#6694 3 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

By the way, 300LSE was selected because it "provides high bond strength to most surfaces, including low surface energy plastics such as polypropylene.....also provides excellent adhesion to surfaces contaminated lightly with oil typically with machines parts".
It only came in a roll but I have found uses for it since.
Good stuff with CA doesn't work.

I had to do the same thing....the original tape didn't work at all....I'm surprised they haven't changed since they've been selling these for years

#6757 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Missing playfield piece, tks.
[quoted image]

Nice idea.....how many of these did you make?

#6762 3 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

If I recall it was only the Topper that would be limited. But only in the sense that they’ll make enough for people that want them now, and won’t be doing another run. Who knows though.

My guess is they will sell these upgrade kits forever....I'm not buying that their limited unless CGC actually comes out and makes that statement. To my knowledge I haven't heard them say that.

1 week later
#6812 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

For those who asked for more close up pictures of the missing center lane piece, here you go.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice....does it come just like the photos?

#6899 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Check this out fellows….a custom made, LIT, missing center lane piece. After about 2 hours of dremeling and modifying the framework, including modding the lighting, wala….pretty cool, huh???
Pretty cool how someone else is attempting to recreate these covers too.
I still have a handful left....when theyre gone theyre gone...don't think I will be doing these again, simply not enough time these days. Tks.
[quoted image]

Nice idea...How much are these delivered?

#6930 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not saying this will necessarily break in a home environment, and I think it’s a great mod that was likely there originally. I’ll definitely be getting one (if he’ll ship to Oz). Just trying to reason why they’d remove it or not have it in there.

My guess is it would brake all the time...thats a high volume area....its a great looking plastic, but it really needs a plastic protector underneath to prevent this from happening

#6932 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

There are 2 other pieces in the immediate area. It is the middle of the 2 lanes however I do not see a lot of balls hitting the plastic area very hard. I have a protector there so I imagine it will be just fine.

Thats true and I hope your correct, but the leading right edge is vulnerable. If there was a plastic piece available I would definitely add a protector.

#6980 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

nothing broken, the attached srew with the washer (gore) in the mechanic is the problem. if you fix it, it jump out
Dealer told him, its a known problem
[quoted image]

I highly doubt its a "known" problem as I've never heard of it....easy fix

#6990 3 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Extremely disappointed that the RGB kit and the XL display do not add color changing speaker surrounds. They remain blue only.
Hopefully someone makes a work around for this problem. It was the thing that swayed my decision to go for the XL display to finish the RGB ‘package’ with the color changing speaker surrounds matching the PF RGBs.
I don’t think I would have outlayed the $$$ if I had known that in advance, I had already upgraded the panel speakers and not too worried about the smaller display.
I can live without the pop bumper rgb’s but wish the speaker surrounds were intergrated ☹️

I cancelled the display and RGB kit as well.....not worth the $ and I really wasn't fond of just tossing the existing panel which is perfectly fine. I'll just install the topper and call it good

#7070 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

wow, this is the kind of connection that is being provided...loose hanging alligator clips attached to back-stabbed connectors? that's not good and is a recipe for disaster. Ive seen this set up now a couple of times with pinstadium, they really should find a better way of making connections for a $300 mod. Why can't they just make two connectors, one piggybacking off the game and the other coming off their lights?

[quoted image]

I couldn't agree more....my Wonka LE has the pin stadiums (first set) and always felt their method of connecting power is half assed at best.

2 weeks later
#7126 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looking to buy a friends MMr LE from a coup,e years ago....What were they new? Did they come with color chip? So many diff MMr its hard to keep track

Original LE owners had the option to buy the color chip for $200.....if he hasn't bought the chip and is the original owner I would have him buy it for u.

#7138 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Attention all Royal owners. Check your Merlin hole scoop and lock area clear coat. I submitted a ticket through CGC over a month ago. Sent these pictures. Game has less than 50 plays. HOU. My clearcoat is coming up and chipping/cracking in several areas. CGC feels that sending a small bottle of clear coat touch up is acceptable. I’ve been waiting to call them out since it has taken so long. I heard from Ryan (CGC) pretty quickly after submitting a ticket but have been ghosted now for over a month. Even after several attempts to recontact him.
I own a MBrLE and feel the build quality was way better on that game than this MMrRE which was $2k more.
Just irritated at this point for spending $10k for a game with cosmetic problems. I’ve had other issues with this game already as well. It’s too bad.
A populated playfield swap would be the right thing to do in this case. No more CGC games for me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

wow that sucks. My guess is CGC will most likely continue to ignore your issue....unfortunately

#7139 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Crazy right? Very true. What are the issues...... owning a MBrLE had shown the the build quality was supreme. Never would I have thought that charging an additional $2k over an LE would result in lesser quality. I have received several PM’s regarding this exact same issue with other people’s games. So this isn’t a “one off”. I’m guessing that CGC radio silence to me and the others is an indication that they don’t want to own up to the sub-par quality. So those other threads that include Stern and JJP playfield issues.... might as well add CGC to the mix. Why is it so hard to produce a quality product at a $10k price point ??

You might want to consider a mantis and cliffy protector so those areas don't get worse

#7185 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Cliff does the carbon fiber in his Cliffy kit. Is there a reason why that wouldn't be good? I haven't installed it yet.
[quoted image]

I've been using this protector for years on my MMR LE .... I've had ZERO issues...works great

#7208 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Does the Mantis MErlin protector cause rejects?

The Cliffy protector does not....mine is money almost everytime

1 week later
#7325 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Two distributors I talked to said that they asked CGC and there is no current plans to make anymore. Meaning that they "could" so never say never. But it's unlikely unless there's big enough demand for it. The high price HUO ones for sale don't seem to be selling in the marketplace.

My guess is it will be a few years, but they'll come back...especially if sales of their new remakes are lower than expected.

#7329 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Why wait years, lol...go 10 ball like I do with my kids and increase your odds.
SWEET you did that though!!! Very hard game IMO.

Thats awesome...I didn't realize you could go that high

#7361 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The RGB might actually make the game worse.... as sometimes I feel like it can make the ball harder to see... but I think it looks pretty cool and that’s a huge part of the experience. To me, if you’re going to do just one upgrade, do the screen... but if you’re gonna do the topper you may as well go the whole way and do the lighting too.

So does the topper interact with game differently if you don't install the RGB lighting kit?

#7363 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I imagine it would work exactly the same. But it is really slick the way the PF, topper and speaker lights all synchronize!

Gotha...thanks....I'm struggling with upgrading the display (I know how nice it looks as I've owned the other LE's) simply due to the fact the original one is perfectly fine, and essentially has no value.

#7382 3 years ago

I just got notice that my topper is shipping soon....I passed on the RGB, and xl display....I can't get over just throwing the current display in the trash. I was more worried about them running out of stock on the topper, and not the display.

#7399 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Cliff went to a carbon fiber sticker. I prefer metal to match the rest of his kit. The CF didn't work for me, but the rest of Cliffs metal set was good.

Its an option...u can get that same protector in stainless if u want it. I actually have both, but preferred the look of the carbon fiber. It works great

#7413 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Any ideas as to what to do with the old display? Does it have any value on ebay for instance? It put it in a box and in a closet.. seems like a waste.

Good question

#7452 3 years ago

Last night for the first time I got to Battle for the Kingdom and drained. During the game I got to the video mode twice, which was a first for me. This morning after my 4th game I finally won....didn't realize they give u $50M for winning Ended up with 328M....didn't see the video mode once during that game. I did however earn 4 extra balls...two for blowing up castles (mine is set at 4 castles and I went through it twice), and two more for completing Royal Madness twice.

#7455 3 years ago

Yep...I honestly didn't know one existed until yesterday, and when it started I had no idea what the heck I was doing....although today for the first time I noticed that it was an option in Merlins Magic, but it never seems to get selected.

#7465 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So Merlins Magic is just lit as normal and it selects the video mode?

Yes, but its random. Its not always an option.

#7468 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

regarding Video Mode:
Video Mode is lit by (default) 8 completions of FIRE (on the inlanes and outlanes), and started in Merlin's Saucer or randomly selected by Merlin´s Saucer.
The video mode is called "Save the Children", and you must save 3 children from being captured by a large flock of buzzards (or some other evil bird). Kill 30, and you win. If one child is taken, you lose. The mode plays a lot like Defender, with the buzzards trying to carry the babies off the top of the dot display. You receive 100K for each buzzard killed, and a 1M bonus for completion.
There is a secret weapon available in the Video Mode. (never seen, maybe to be activated via launch button)

Hmmm....I've never seen or heard of a secret weapon.....I've been in this mode 4 times and have never beat it....although the first 2 times I had no idea what I was doing.

#7479 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

On our MM Royal, when my son got 5 cows on the catapult mode, and then began the video mode (from the Merlin scoop), he started ‘Save the Calves’ video mode.
This was a different video mode than Save the Children.
Can’t recall this being on my original MM.
How do you start Barnyard Madness?

Hmmm....thats a new one...never seen that mode so if u get 5 cows, chickens, skulls, etc...it gives u an option for a new video mode or is it just cows? Getting 5 of anything is a serious challenge.

#7487 3 years ago

I got the new topper today...it looks nice ... unfortunately the only thing in the box was the topper and templates....I had to put in a ticket CGC to hopefully get the balance of the hardware to install it.

#7496 3 years ago

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I'll ask again. When I upgrade my MMRLE to the new code will it erase my high scores and the number of total game plays?

#7498 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Shouldn't. Mine didn't.

Great ... thank you

#7503 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Mine kept the high scores v1 to v3
You could always take the glass off and put your high score straight back on there if it bothers you that much.

Ha....My MMRLE only has 180 total game plays so more worried the new code erasing the game play history than the high scores although I'd like both to be save before I upgrade. Its a little confusing why in some it erased the information and in others it did not...

#7508 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Ha....My MMRLE only has 180 total game plays so more worried the new code erasing the game play history than the high scores although I'd like both to be save before I upgrade. Its a little confusing why in some it erased the information and in others it did not...

I just finished up installing the topper. When I updated the code it saved my high scores and game play history. I played a few games and there are very subtle differences in the 3.0 code the the previous code...sounds and graphic colors....

#7551 3 years ago

I had by far the best game I've ever had on my MMRLE. I ended up with 328M....beat the battle of the Kingdom (50M bonus), and almost got around a second time. I got to the 2nd battle and drained. During the game i got 5 extra balls (total of 8)...2 for destroying castles, 2 for beating battle royal, and 1 for hurry ups (10)....such a great game

#7556 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Hot off the UPS truck...ordered in Feb! Time to install!
[quoted image]

Nice ... I just installed mine the other day...

#7576 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I guess our beloved MM/MMR will be replaced by the JJP GnR LE at the top 100 in the coming days.
honestly, this is also an awesome pin btw

GNR looks incredible, but PinSide rankings don't mean much

#7590 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

aside from Cliffys ...what other protectors are needed....getting mine next month

I would highly suggest the mantis protector for the lock entrance area

#7599 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I have a mix of protectors from Cliffy, Mantis and Pinbit.
I recommend from Cliffy:
- shooter eject incl. eject protector
- Moat Front Edge Protector
- Catapult
from Mantis I use the castle gate protector plus the eject protectors (castle)
and from pinbits(?) the Merlin hole protector.

I don't think pinbits is in business anymore? At least they don't stock much and never answer the phone or emails....I would use Cliffs merlin hole protector.....mine has been flawless for years

#7606 3 years ago
Quoted from CigarPundit:

I just bought a complete set of Cliffy’s, including the carbon Merlin hole. Is yours the metal one? If not, how is the carbon working out?

I have the carbon protector....working great

#7610 3 years ago

correct, the carbon merlin hole protector works fine but not with a playfield protector.
I forgot to mention the Drawbridge Edge by Cliffy which is nice too.</blockqu

gotcha...so what do you use with a play field protector?

#7611 3 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

CGC is putting those on at the factory.

My MMR LE didnt have them so I installed Cliff's ....not sure if I really needed them, but I installed and they look and work great

#7632 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Completing Royal Madness is not too difficult once you get there, gives you an extra ball and scores pretty well also.
If youre going for the perfect stacked multiball (and highest scoring), Royal Madness follows immediately after. If youre playing that well that you got the perfect stack, finishing Royal Madness is not too hard (just 2 hits to every shot on one ball with a short ball save).

I totally agree my original strategy was to stack multi balls, but lately I've decided to change it up and found that it was easier to through all the castles and get to battle for the kingdom by not stacking.....50M is a big payoff by just getting through castles

#7634 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

nice translite but the speaker panel looks so empty without the Williams plate

Are u making those?

#7643 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Cannot find the Merlin hole protector on Cliffs site...Can you post a link ...thx

just email Cliff....not sure why its not on his site

#7670 3 years ago

So last night I got into the video mode and a got to the end where I was able to get an extra ball. I think I had to save 21 kids? ....pretty cool as I needed that extra ball

#7672 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I have got video mode at least 8 times (via merlin hole) but never have finished it. 20 I think is the most I have saved.

I think after 20/21 and little EB symbol occurs and u have to hit it.....at least thats what I did ...

#7682 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Didn't make a bit of difference, failure still occurred at 81% [quoted image][quoted image]

So frustrating updating these games. I really like the WiFi feature JJP just came out with that does this automatically. My upgrade kit came with a card

#7698 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

There seems to be a mix. I may try to re-install 3.0 to see if that removes it.

My MMRLE does NOT make this noise

#7705 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I was thinking it was only bonging loud with LE or standard. Until ptownpin chimed in with no loud bong (I looked at his collection and he has a LE), I only saw a Royal that said his game did not make the loud bong.
I just reinstalled 3.0 and it still makes the obnoxious loud bong.
Here is a video of the last part of install in time-lapse.

I'll fire it up again later tonight to confirm, but to my knowledge I haven't heard a loud bong... and yes I have a MMRLE that I added the topper to and I'm running the latest software.

#7728 3 years ago
Quoted from Theboatnics:

Joined the club today got a little surprise when Fedex Delivered it yesterday though.
I accepted it because it was the last MMrRE NIB in existence i think or that i could find anyway.
So it looks like I am doing a decal and Fedex will pay a damage claim.
Played last night played perfect out of the box !
What a cool pin !
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on a great pin...sucks about the decal....u should not only get the cost of the new decal, but the labor to replace. I know older games its a lot of work, but not sure how difficult it is on a new game

#7731 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Gut punch for sure. My box was pristine, but my side decal wasn't. Solution: file claim for a new decal and then put it up against the wall. One of these days when I have the gumption I will fix it...until then, wall of shame.

I'm wondering since these games are new if the decal comes off easily? We all know that getting decals off older games is a total pain in the ass.

#7740 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I’m in the midst of installing all 3 kits and I seem to be missing a part. This is pin-pilot’s picture that I borrowed (thanks!). I’ve circled the part I think I’m missing. There is a Y-splitter/cable that takes the original 12v and powers the original controller and the new topper PCB. This cable has all female ends. The source cable is also female. It appears I should have a female-to-female adapter. It’s not listed on the parts list for any of the manuals, but the GI manual does make mention of a “power cable adapter”.
I have a ticket open with CGC, but it would be nice to get some validation that I’m not missing something obvious. For those that already installed their kits, was that adapter included, or was it already attached the the 3-connector power cable?
Thanks.
[quoted image]

Join the club....CCG forgot add all my cables, and board in my package....they sent out the missing parts fairly quickly

#7794 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

IMO this is poor engineering...maybe I'm too detail oriented but I would never have passed this, with a half inch of free space behind the toper there is zero reason for it protrude past the front edge of the back box. It actually detracts from the appearance of the topper having it hang over the edge like that.

I agree, and mine is exactly the same....not sure why they did this, but it is what it is

#7800 3 years ago

Prior to installing my board I measured to see how long the cables were and temporarily taped the board in place. This exact same issue occurred on AFMRLE topper installation so apparently CGC hasn't learned their lesson. I mean how hard is it to make another 8 inches of cable

1 week later
#7850 3 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Question?
MMR LE (local pickup) for 85 or NIB MMR CE for 88 including shipping? Or wait till I can find an SE at a reasonable price or they make more SE's? (I know it could be years)
The LE might have some castle issues as the towers didn't move that much when blown up. It was not a dramatic explosion at all. The left front leg also has a noticeable scratch on the powder coat, and there were swords glued to the top of the flippers, not glued cleanly either. One was actually off and loose.

Is the LE mint? HUO? Low game plays? Any other upgrades? is it stainless, black, or gold powder coating? If it doesn't have color he can get the chip for $200 (versus $400)....I would offer him 83 and have him try and buy the discounted color chip

#7853 3 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Not HUO, don’t know how many plays, no other upgrades, gold powder coat. I would say not mint based on what I mentioned already.

I would get the new one.....the only thing u really get with the original LE is powder coat (black or gold), shaker, and a discount on the color chip ($200).....zero chance I would pay that much for a routed MMRLE...

#7858 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Seems high, I was going to sell my perfect condition HUO LE for 8K (with the color chip) and pickup a RE, but the RE fell through. IMO the seller thinks his machine is worth more than it is.

Totally agree....well south of $8K is my guess...

1 week later
#7913 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

So I just unboxed my MMR SE the other day and on the front corner of the machine between the launch button and the flipper button the front sticker is starting to peel. Looks like it's not tucked under the side sticker like it's supposed to be. Is this something I should put a ticket in for under warranty or just try and glue it down and fix it myself?
[quoted image]

Sorry this happened....unfortunately the best CGC will do is send u new decals

2 weeks later
#7970 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Has anyone purchased and installed the orange neon plastic protectors for the slings/guides? I see they’re offered by Laseriffic. There also appears to be other protectors offered for the entire set of plastics, but apparently in clear only. How did the neons look?
[quoted image]

I have both, and ended up going with the orange neon protectors....they look much better in my opinion

#7974 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

And you didn’t mind omitting the metal guides in the lower lanes for the plastic ones? I agree, they look great! Did it improve the lighting in the guides as well? Thanks

I didn't omit anything. I just installed the plastic protectors under the stock plastics. Aside from an orange glow around the perimeter of the plastic the lighting wasn't enhanced.

1 week later
#7991 3 years ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Hey everyone! New MMR owner here. Whenever the ball ejects from Merlin, it hits the top of the right slingshot. Sometimes this directs the ball directly down the middle. I have been playing like this for a month or so, but its getting old. I currently have the pitch set at 8 degrees, so its not to flat. Any thoughts? Sorry if this has been gone over before.
JAY

8 degrees is pretty high for MMR....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 45.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
252 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ptownpin. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.