149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4575 4 years ago

That seriously sucks if upgrades will not be available later on. With such a high price I simply cannot afford to get the better edition but in a years time I want to get all the upgrades.
You can still get a base model of the other machines so hopefully they WILL stock kits for base model owners looking to upgrade.

My dist in Canada said it will be here mid December. I wont hold my breath.

1 month later
#4721 4 years ago

My dist said mid-late December. LOL.

#4735 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Get the Mantis, Pinbits and Cliffys ready.

Ya. First thing I did after getting my deposit in was contact cliffy!

#4741 4 years ago

There is an ad on pinside from a distributor (pinballandgames) saying they have standard remakes in stock. Hmm.

1 week later
#4767 4 years ago

I'd imagine the holidays would put them farther behind than that. Good timing though. Would be a pain to get to the bank and travel during this time of year anyways. Should be a happy new year.

1 week later
#4814 4 years ago

I'll sell you my spot for 1 million dollars. Might cost more from a scalper later.

In all seriousness. They sold out right away. I can't see a world were they don't do another run someday.

2 weeks later
#4886 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Awesome news!

SE must be coming first? I assume I have the same dist. and I haven't heard about my standard.

#4901 4 years ago

Perhaps they are reworking the area with protectors to stop the bad chipping and wear.
Hope my cliffys still fit.

#4927 4 years ago

I'm picking mine up saturday.

#4929 4 years ago

Just about to set up.
Not to brag but mine is apparently from the future!

IMG_20200201_171114 (resized).jpgIMG_20200201_171114 (resized).jpg
#4934 4 years ago

Things I noticed
One screw missing in blackbox lock plate
Day one mylar surrounding troll mechs.

#4936 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

May have wiggled loose in transit. If not in packing materials or in the cardboard somewhere. Please open a ticket under Support - Help Desk.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/
Thank you,
Lloyd

Oh it's not worth anyone's hassle. I got a spare kicking around.
Thanks for being awesome though!

#4939 4 years ago

I've played 6 games so far.
I am getting error f2 right flipper button and f8 upper left flipper button.
Is this a bug? Game works fine also no upper flipper on this game.

#4947 4 years ago

I never noticed they add screws into the side rails. Wpc is just tape. Good idea.
I removed the anti trap on the dragon; should be good for home use. Looks better.
Lastly I noticed it has a really nice outhole protector that goes around the whole circumstance. I didn't see these for sale from planetary. Id like to fit one to my NGG.

#4956 4 years ago

Is it possible to get a colour chip for a standard edition?
Was looking on the site and it says the colour chip is for LE and royal only. I was under the impression I could get it on a standard before.

#4962 4 years ago

I just noticed something a bit disturbing in my new game. The large transformer was never bolted into the cabinet! It's just been bouncing around in there during transport/ setup.
I hope no wires or anything got strained to short internally down the road. I doubt it. Just some scrapes.
Anyone know what bolts it is supposed to have?

#4964 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Do you have pics of the part you are talking about, I thought all the remakes did away with the transformer and just have a small power supply.

No still has a big transformer. Bolts to back of cabinet
to these captive nuts.
15807877006582350001927715338950 (resized).jpg15807877006582350001927715338950 (resized).jpg

#5067 4 years ago

Will warranty cover burnt out GI LEDs after less than 100 plays?
If not were do I get them? They are a wired possibly propriety thing?

#5140 4 years ago

I don't know if this has ever been discussed before:
There is a board game made in 1994 and on called siege or weapons and warriors. In it you fire cannon balls at a castle. The castle has a spring loaded drawbridge you hit to make drop down. Then you hit a spring loaded gate behind that.
I have a strong feeling that MM's design was heavily inspired by this toy that was popular at the time.
Thoughts?

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
#5176 4 years ago

A spinner mod would be a nice touch. Add a code update CGC!

#5185 4 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

I know the drawbridge is supposed to hang open a little when its "up" but is this much normal? Noticed it the other day...[quoted image]

Mine hangs inward a bit past vertical. Good to know I can adjust it now.

#5186 4 years ago

I feel like a nuisance to CGC. I think I have to put a third warranty claim in for a small thing.
One of the spotlights is burnt out that point at the castle. It appears to be hot glued in. Any idea what bulb it is in there/how to replace it?

1 month later
#5382 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Can confirm our distributor here in Australia is asking for payment with a container due to ship shortly.

I don't think I'd be paying a penny til they said it was ready to pick up. What will they do? Find another buyer in these times?

3 weeks later
#5744 3 years ago

I've got a persistent issue with my right flipper sticking. I can't figure out the issue. Maybe the button is catching up on some wiring connector? Its an odd intermittent issue.

1 week later
#5881 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

That's not a chip.....that's a chip.
Been there since day 1. Not a big deal to me and hasn't gotten worse.
[quoted image]

I had the exact same one. Happened in the first couple plays.

1 month later
#6231 3 years ago

How many of the Royals have they shipped of the total? Just curious when I can expect to get my GI kit.

1 week later
#6373 3 years ago

I mentioned wanting an RGB kit to my dist. In Feb when I picked up my MMR standard. I followed up today and was forwarded to the parts Dept. I was told the kit will be 500 can and I can be added to a list for consideration to buy it.
It's a hundred over the exchange price listed on the manufacturers website.
Can you order direct from Chicago gaming? I don't want to miss out.

#6407 3 years ago

Are their any electronic parts I should be buying for stock for the remake that anyone thinks will become unobtainium?
I see Planetary is selling a Beagle Bone Black CPU(not sure what model) on their site.
I plan on owning this game for the rest of my life and would hate to see it become a paper weight.

#6419 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

paynemic: It’s interesting you noticed that as I played a MMR LE when it first launched and many of the Merlin shots wouldn’t stick similar to my original MM.
Really curious if CGC have figured out a way to modify the Merlin saucer on these more recent releases.
Regardless, this game has stood the test of time and is a timeless classic.

I'd be curious if it is an anomaly or if there is a true fix then implemented for the Royals. My latest run standard has the same issue as the original.

1 month later
#6753 3 years ago

Hopefully I get a confirmation about an RGB kit soon.

2 months later
#7426 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

FWIW, if you’re thinking you will ever want the upgrades, just drop an extra G and buy an SE now and you’ll save money. Remember the color display upgrade alone is $400, the XL display panel is $650 and the RGB is $250.
Plus while the new classics are pre wired for the RGB (as far as I know) changing all those bulbs will still require a good deal of work.

If it wasn't for the big tax and exchange rate here I definitely would have done it instead of waiting for upgrade parts now.

3 weeks later
#7630 3 years ago

Has anyone in Canada got their kits yet?
I've had an order in with Player1 since March. I seen PPS make a recent post about some kits for sale at the start of October and still no word here about kits arriving.

3 weeks later
#7868 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

I have a question on troll sensitivity. My MMR came out of the box new in August with both trolls requiring a solid head-on hit to register. I had an issue with the bolts coming loose on the right troll, which I fixed and haven’t had any issues since. But to register a hit on either troll requires a direct, hard hit. Soft hits and glancing blows don’t count.
So yesterday I found a Williams MM in an arcade and played it. It was overall well maintained, a couple of annoying burnt out bulbs and the Merlin hole didn’t want to ever catch the ball, but the trolls were incredibly easy. The slightest brush of the ball to either troll’s face registered a hit.
I know I can make my trolls more sensitive by reducing the gap in the leaf switch. The question I have is, does anybody know how sensitive it’s “supposed” to be? I love the idea of beating more trolls at home but I don’t want to make it easier than it’s supposed to be. Any insights into the intent of the design team? Are trolls supposed to be easy or hard to beat?
By the way, based on their in game banter, I would say the left troll is definitely the more sensitive troll...
Thanks for your help.

For me, 1 was sensitive and one took a hard direct hit from new. I'd like to know the intended sensitivity as well.

1 month later
#7988 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Thank you for the info sounds like I’ll roll the dice and skip the protector.
Another question my play field print is way off on the catapult anyone else have this issue?
The gap in artwork for the cut outs doesn’t line up. [quoted image]

Mine is like this. The right side of the game the artwork lines up with the routing in the wood. All the holes on the left side it is off by this much. Seems the template for the routing is off.

#8002 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hahah, it adds some fun for the castle explosion for sure, I need to tame mine down some.

You could do the gi update for $250. But requires a lot of labor to install

It's not that much work really. I did it one evening after work. And it makes a huge difference. Totally worth the 250. Get one while they exist.

#8052 3 years ago

Does anyone know how to replace a burnt out spotlight? Mine was burnt out from new and appears to be hot glued into the cone. Not sure the procedure or what type of bulb it is.

3 weeks later
#8121 3 years ago

Absolutely worth the cost. Get one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 29.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=pinfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.