Topic Stats

• 4,046 posts
  • 393 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by SDpinballer
  • Topic is favorited by 207 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 508 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

36619383-2518-4ADF-9C11-A5D6149741CC (resized).jpeg
CBB61087-65D9-4FE0-A383-2CBC796DF8F5 (resized).jpeg
042680F3-8472-48C8-A13A-ACACB9D7644F (resized).jpeg
IMG_0609 (resized).JPG
troll_head_install_3 (resized).jpg
93250113-E17C-4AE9-BEAA-A781DBF22066 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190614_201025 (resized).jpg
20190531_175541 (resized).jpg
20190531_175541 (resized).jpg
20190603_181053 (resized).jpg
5C1C8FAE-A734-4790-9D29-F7D490AA73CC (resized).jpeg
bec75d06029c6b21c231a4adc61a5606985a93d1 (resized).jpg
MMr screw 1 (resized).jpg
MMr screw 2 (resized).jpg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_thumbnail1551583443220 (resized).jpg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_thumbnail1551574007507 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1578 2 years ago

Hey all, I am just now realizing I may have a problem. Periodically I get a credit dot and the error is date and time not set. It's happened from the beginning (I've had mmr since about three months into production) but so infrequently that I never paid much attention. I just reset it. It's now happening maybe weekly. I am remembering others saying they had this problem and I thought there was supposed to be a software fix. Does anyone know about this? Thanks in advance.

#1596 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

will get my MMR LE next week
have a lot of Mods here
mirror blades
pinballpro
mirror speakerpanel logos
chrome legs
chrome side rails
also some of this, if you are interested

Dang those speaker grills are hot!! Pm sent!

#1606 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

For the plastic protector install you need two different socket sizes, I forget what they are. Some plastics require removal of the red plastic domes, some do not. To remove the red plastic domes, put a socket over the dome to keep it from rotating and a socket underneath the plastic to loosen at the same time.

I can't remember what forum I was in, but someone led me to believe that broken plastics were a thing of the past. Actually I think it was in the afmr discussion and it was Rick from Pps. He said they're made from a better material now and don't need protectors. Can anyone verify or deny this?

#1678 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Man that makes sense, we've heard "something" and could never make it out, but that was probably it.

Iirc the video on the screen when you get the second to last shot up the damsel ramp shows you killing the dragon. That is what's preventing you from rescuing the damsel. That's when the fatality call happens, I believe. Then the gate drops and you can shoot all the way up the ladder.

#1699 2 years ago

I have some stock mmr speakers if anyone needs a replacement but prefers to remain original. Name your price plus shipping.

#1700 2 years ago

Perhaps more desirable, I have a troll complete mech that was working except the back of the troll head cracked so it twists around on the one screw still holding it together. Should be a simple reinforcement and repair. Fair price plus shipping?

Edit: look like these suckers are expensive at PPS. Flap $20, head $20, switch ? Carriage $ 49. Whoa. Like $110 new. So make a fair offer and I'm in.

IMG_1185 (resized).JPG
IMG_1187 (resized).JPG
IMG_1186 (resized).JPG

#1716 2 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

So I was in Royal Madness mode and I thought I noticed hitting the catapult and having Catapult Ace light up. Do shots during this mode count towards the middle ladder objective(Joust Champion, Catapult Ace, etc). Also, wondering if shots during castle multiball or madness multiball count towards this objective as well. I thought the goal was just to hit jack pots or castle in the multiball modes.

I believe each unique shot adds one to the total of "successes" needed to light the blue lamp. For instance, your first shot up the damsel ramp during royal madness will add one damsel to the tally (three to light the blue defender of damsels light). But shooting it twice doesn't add any more (max one per shot type, I believe).

1 month later
#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Had an awesome game this afternoon. Beat it twice in one game. First time doing that. I've been to the end twice before but never beat it both times. You get 50 mil for the first time and 100 mil for the 2nd

You succeeded to win the bftk twice in one game? That's fantastic! Great game. 3 ball, standard settings, etc?

#1913 2 years ago

I found the funniest thing in my mmr today. I was cleaning the pf and in a whim I popped off the flasher by the shooter lane. And the little lamp board was upside down!! Just sitting over top of the socket. I plugged it in correctly and checked all the others. No others like that! Funny assembly error! And I only found it after a year or so!

2 weeks later
#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone else have occasional vibration noises when the volume is 10+ and can identify where its coming from? Sounds like something is rattling but I have no idea where to look!
Thanks

I had a new one start since I upgraded speakers. weird one but seems like its the glass rattling in the left rail. I'm sure there are a million places it could be coming from though...

1 week later
#2046 2 years ago

Wow. That's a bad start! I hope cgc isn't having those quality problems regularly! I have a afmr Le ordered. Sorry you're having such a bad experience

#2049 2 years ago

I got the $25 speakers from Best Buy and they sound amazing too. Look for the link earlier in this thread.

#2052 2 years ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

With the new speakers, can you clearly hear the drawbridge lowering sound effect? All I can hear is the motor running while it lowers. Could you adjust your volume to about 4 and test it? Thanks for the advice. I will look in this thread for the speakers and wiring diagram.

I definitely hear the synchronized chain sound and I keep my volume very low. Like 3. I do hear the motor running too though.

#2054 2 years ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

Thanks for checking. I am on my way to Best Buy to purchase new speakers.

I hope it works great for you. My bigger concern is that I feel like I used to hear that before I upgraded the speakers. But it was a big improvement.

#2056 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can you send a link to the speakers you buy.
Or can anyone suggestions the best possible upgrade (quality-wise) that is easy to install.

Kicker. I don't have the exact model but it's in this thread somewhere I think. Or maybe there was another thread specifically for speaker upgrades. I'll look

3 months later
#2521 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

My callouts sound great.

Mine too. Thanks again.

#2566 1 year ago

Hi all. Here is my first real problem with MMr. My castle gate won’t raise up anymore (after hundreds of plays). Switches seem to be working (optos trigger in test and in play). Gate feels very heavy/sticky. Like it’s binding. I can slide it up and down manually but it feels like rough metal on metal. During play, with the glass off, when I manually start lifting the gate, at about 3/4 the way up, it will snap/glide to the full up position and stay up. If I then send a ball through, it’s snaps back down and scores the castle destruction as normal.

When I lifted the playfield, I found this spring stuck to the magnet of the speaker (maybe not in this exact position, but close). Could that spring be related? See pic.

Any suggestions? I was thinking clean the gate and whatever it slides in, but it looks complicated to get it apart...

5C93D86B-3EBD-41A5-8551-FEFA7B25BC1E (resized).jpeg

#2568 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please check if it goes up and down by hand smoothly. If not, you'll need to figure where it is binding. Maybe the collar holding the plunger to the gate ?
LTG : )

Thanks LTG! I’ll check. I can’t seem to find where the friction is coming from. I would guess that’s the problem. Any ideas on the spring? Is the gate and the “frame” it glides in supposed to be a metal on metal slide?

#2570 1 year ago

I wonder if anyone could point me to some disassembly instructions for getting down to the point I can clean the gate and the channels it slides in?

#2593 1 year ago

Ok. So I identified my random spring. Lost a clip off the left troll. I can fix that.

I still haven’t solved my “castle gate won’t open” problem. I disconnected the solenoid from the gate to get more info. Solenoid feels smooth and fired fine in tests.

The gate itself has a ton of friction in it. Rattles around in the channel and feels like it wants to really bind up. But I can’t see anything obvious (like a break or anything making it bind up). I felt another MMr gate and it was a definitely different feel. Much smoother. Do I dare lube at all?

Or any other ideas?

#2615 1 year ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It’s absolutely magic. Oh my god. I am stunned. It’s a very thin strip of tape that you apply parallel to the edge of the glass and wrap around to the back in a single, long stripe. You end up with two long strips, one on either edge of the glass longways. You wrap it all the way around to the back.
It was a two person job as you have to keep it straight and keep the backing peeled back as you apply it.
But it’s magic. I cannot reccomend this highly enough. The rattle is gone!

How much was the tape including shipping? Would painters tape work the same?

#2618 1 year ago

Got my MMr working again and gave it some test plays. Got every extra ball I know of (video mode, castle super jackpot, etc) I got to bftk on Ball one. Then I hit all the shots. Trolls come up. Ball gets hung up on the right troll while my timer is ticking!! Gave it a nudge (I had to do this earlier in the game on that stupid right troll) and...Tilt. Yep. Do over. My son walks up and says, “did you have any troll bombs?” Yeah. Like three.

#2623 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is this at home? How many home MMRs have the tilt enabled?

Its at home. I have tilt on all my machines (usually set at the most generous setting). I feel like nudging is part of the game, but so is knowing where the limit is.

1 week later
#2633 1 year ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

For me i just had to rotate the spring clip and that solved the ball getting stuck behind the right troll. It's the little retention clip that holds the spring in. Rotate it so the curved part sticks out instead of the ends.
Hope that helps.

I’ll look at that! Thanks.

1 week later
#2673 1 year ago

I’ve asked before, butnis this just painters masking tape? Or has anyone tried that?

#2692 1 year ago

I love my shaker on castle and trolls. I agree it wouldn’t be the same without

#2716 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

Copying the poor design of that part just because that is the way the original was is not a great decision by CGC IMO, nor is it a good excuse. It's still a great machine, this would not be a deal breaker for anyone, but clearly CGC was remiss in not upgrading this particular part to be as reliable as other games with similar mechs that have splines on the shaft. I image MANY original MM games have had this part fail over the years if some HUO remakes are failing already.
The techs looked at the slipping cog in my game all could not believe that it had been made that way with the cog just pushed onto the shaft.
I don't want to go on and on about it, it's just the lack of acceptance of any fault by CGC in this case is frustrating, I expected such though.

I agree with LTG on this one. I think one failure is an overreaction. I agree the design is poor for all applications, but for this application, it seems to suffice. With a rare exception. You can never engineer for 100%. Sound like they got 99.9% and that is about right.

2 weeks later
#2803 1 year ago

So my castle gate won’t open up again (last time I disassembled and cleaned it and it worked for a few weeks). Has felt really “gritty” like it’s binding and not smooth. I tested a friend’s and it felt really different. Has anybody else had this happen?

On a related note, I went into settings to disable it (figuring it would register 4 gate hits as castle destroyed so you could play and continue to progress. To my dismay, it disabled the castle gate from trying to open, but no castle destroyed award and no progression. Is that a bug in mmr or just the dumbest original programming ever (or am I doing something wrong...)?

Finally, would a little lube in the gate channel be the worst thing ever? I just can’t figure it out otherwise. Is there a setting to strengthen that coil perhaps?

2 weeks later
#2906 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So after owning this game for awhile, are you guys still loving it and do you feel the quality is good? I am heavily considering MMR as my next game.

It is perfect. I’d buy it again. Still the best pin in my collection

#2919 1 year ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

How do you like it compared to AFMr? I'm thinking seriously of getting an MMr to go with it. I'm super impressed with the remakes.

I really like afmr, and maybe it’s because it was my first nib pin, but MMr is still better by a decent margin for me. I could see selling afmr, but MMr will be with me forever. (Plus it has my name on it!!!)

#2932 1 year ago

Well so my gate assembly is officially not working. It was intermittent, but now it’s fully stuck closed. I have it on loan at a friends house. I’m trying to order the new assembly but it is out of stock at pps. Anyone know of a workaround while I’m trying to locate parts? Can I just prop open the gate? Will the software know how to handle that (will it register a gate hit at the right time when the opto opens if it rolls on through?). I’m frankly shocked the software isn’t smart enough to compensate when I turned on the “caste gate broken” flag in the Williams settings. I would think it would register a castle destroyed after the appropriate number of gate hits plus one. Nope. Just makes it impossible to destroy a castle. Bummer.

Anyone have a source for parts for this assembly?

1 week later
#2962 1 year ago

I can’t remember if I asked this before. My castle gate won’t open despite significant troubleshooting. I’m getting a new castle assembly ordered but in the mean time, can I just prop the gate open so we can keep playing? Will that hurt anything and will the castle register hits that way?

I’m gonna post this in the mm thread too as I assume it would react similarly.

#2964 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question... When you make an unsuccessful shot at Merlin, and it rolls back down the guide on the right side, does it bounce of the rubber post and go SDTM?

Mine doesn’t. Check level?

#2966 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I can’t remember if I asked this before. My castle gate won’t open despite significant troubleshooting. I’m getting a new castle assembly ordered but in the mean time, can I just prop the gate open so we can keep playing? Will that hurt anything and will the castle register hits that way?
I’m gonna post this in the mm thread too as I assume it would react similarly.

For future reference, I zip tied the gate up. It worked normally except it awarded a castle gate hit and a castle lock with each shot. So I went into feature adjustments and set castle gate broken to “yes” and it worked as it “should” (only awarding gate hit). So, if anyone develops a broken gate (won’t go up or stuck up), that adjustment will get you up and playing again while you wait for parts.

3 weeks later
#3044 1 year ago

Agreed. I was just at pinball hall of fame and what was the most fun game there for me? MM. And I like my MMr better. Get it. No question.

3 weeks later
#3105 1 year ago

I wonder if this could be related my friction gate problem. I’ll have to inspect further.

#3126 1 year ago

Hi all,
I need some real help. I reported a problem a while back where my castle gate won’t open. It started intermittent and eventually became amost every time. But every now and again you’d get a game where it worked. But it seems to get worse and worse.

When I opened it up it felt kinda sticky or gritty. So, I was dumb and ordered a whole new assembly thinking I’d just knock it all out at once.

Well, I replaced it. Worked perfectly for 3 castles. Then failed once. Worked a few more times now won’t work at all. Feels smooth as silk. No binding or friction. So, I’m thinking it’s not mechanical.

Does anyone have any ideas? Please?

#3128 1 year ago

Thanks as always Ltg. You’re the man. It’s at a friends house, so I won’t be able to check till tomorrow. So frustrated.

1 month later
#3252 1 year ago

Hi MMr owners,
I have matching serial number MMrLe and AFMRLE. I love MMr and will keep it forever. Afm just doesn’t have the staying power for me, I think. I’m beginning to consider selling it, but hate to break up the matched set. So I got wondering if there is anyone out there who has a MMrLE and missed the matching number AFMrLE and wants to consider a partial trade (my matched set for your MMrLE plus cash). It would have to be a Huo MMr gold because I have and love gold. Both mine are HUO. Just throwing it out there. If not, I might keep afm.

1 week later
#3270 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I just donated some $ to pinside because this site rules. And thanks to everyone for chirping in some solutions.. MM is the best game ever made!

Agreed on all counts.

11 months later
#3921 3 months ago

Shameless plug for a great product that I just installed into my mmr. Powered amp and subwoofer kit. Simple install. The 6” is a verified quick and easy install into mmr despite the depth of the troll mech. Massive bass now. Very affordable and simple for those (like me) that prefer not to have an external sub below my pins.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer

1 month later
#3981 46 days ago

I played video mode last night and it was save the calves! So cool. How did I get there?!

Also, it wasn’t colorized. Kind of yellow and black looking. Weird. Was that just my machine?!

#3985 45 days ago
Quoted from ktm450:

You have to hit three cows with the catapult, then when you get video mode the children are replaced by calves

So good!

#3986 45 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I reported this to PPS in 2017....but I don't think there has been a code update in a while. I've wanted them to increase the volume of the castle kings or...they've always been too low in the mix compared to the other voices which sound fine (princesses, trolls, Merlin, etc)

I have a friend that solved that. He tuned the voices for me. Much better. He even submitted it to PPS but got no response. But it’s awesome on my machine.

#3988 45 days ago

I think edited the code. Iirc it’s a fairly standard Linux file structure?

1 week later
#4024 32 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Was the hack based on the most current code? ...and has it been released anywhere?

Not sure. Anyone can pm me if interested.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside