IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider our_man_in_oz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5057 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Contact your distributor to order now.
LTG : )

Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed. One call to KingPinGames and ordered the set. To get expedited service text/call him after 2am. Think they noted that kits will not surface until Royal games have shipped which is understandable and fine by me.

Quoted from SkaterVet:

Received this email from Planetary today:
MMR Upgrade Update:
We still do not have an official update from CGC, but we have been told the MMR Royal Edition should start shipping in March. The individual upgrade items should follow right after. We will keep everyone informed as to how the ordering process will go when we have a better ETA. There is no need to reply back, if you got this message then we have you down for upgrades and everyone will have a chance to get what they requested as soon as they become available. Thank you!
Team PPS

Quoted from KingPinGames:

if you guys/gals (2020, i am not deciding that for you) want to order your CGC accessories, shoot me over an email. [email protected] and i will get your information sent in. when the kits are ready i will send out an invoice.
Thank you

I was floating around wondering if I'd just see the upgrade parts get listed on Planetary Pinball as well but I decided to get proactive a couple of days ago and check with our local distributor. He told me in no uncertain terms get an order in (and pay a deposit) asap as it's only going to be order in only, no spare stock will be available to purchase. This sounds the same more or less as what I'm reading here, definitely worth getting your order in if you really want the parts I'd say.

#5059 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Interesting as it’s still a few months off that they want funds already? A simple hand shake with KingPinGames and your done. (Or pat on the backside) May be different in other countries.

Bear in mind this my local distributor who takes the risk on importing as well. Not saying someone like KinPinGames would be all that worried. I don't begrudge that personally as I'd want people putting a deposit down, the total cost here for the topper, XL screen, and GI lighting is $1900 to me.

#5066 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Been thinking about selling my deadpool premium and getting a royal. Didnt know they werent available just yet. I love those new rgb effects and the new dmd.
How has build quality/playfield quality been with cgc? Ive only owned sterns so far but have played plenty of jjp as well to compare.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

For what it’s worth I think build quality is great. My AFMr LE, MBr SE were both great and held up. My MMr so far seems of the same quality.

Yeah same, I own MMR and AFM LE and the build quality is superb. I also owned a reasonably nice example original MM that I could be bothered putting in the elbow grease to do up with LED's and few other imperfections on the cabinet, so I bought an MMR. Zero regrets, cannot pick any difference in how they play.

#5120 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Is that through Wayne? I got quoted $400 for rgb kit, $999 for xl display and $999 for the topper, I couldn’t justify $1k for the topper but ordered the other 2.

Correct, no one else is bringing the parts in. I wasn't wrapped with pricing but I didn't want to go out and have to start emailing planetary pinball etc since no one has the parts available for easy ordering online.

#5177 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

I was in the same boat mate.
You must have got a super deal though or the prices have gone down, I was quoted $2400 for the topper, XL screen and gi. If you needed the colour chip as well it was another $650. Bloody expensive but probably the only time we will ever be able to buy kit parts in Australia without buying an upgraded machine or organising shipping from the US.

Yeah I forgot to say I didn't need the colour chip. That was one mod I wanted straight away and did source from the US. A much appreciated saving now that the upgrades are ordered.

1 month later
#5383 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Can confirm our distributor here in Australia is asking for payment with a container due to ship shortly.

Yep paid Wayne the balance for my upgrade parts this week when he emailed me about the container leaving soon. Can't wait to get them.

Quoted from pinfarmer:

I don't think I'd be paying a penny til they said it was ready to pick up. What will they do? Find another buyer in these times?

Might be fine for you across the border in Canada but Wayne is modest sized Australian distributor, his shipping costs are significant on top to get parts and machines down here (not to mention horrendous exchange fluctuations). I don't begrudge him that at all with asking for that with machines or expensive parts in trying to run his business.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
$ 45.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider our_man_in_oz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=our_man_in_oz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.