c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oneangrymo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1982 6 years ago

Got my MMR Limited Edition a few weeks ago, brand new. My first pinball machine! Just put down deposit for Star Wars LE also.

#2022 6 years ago

Hi guys Im new to pinball. MMR LE is my first Pinball machine. I have a couple problems, can you guys help

1) for weeks, game played fine, it is brand new. There seems to be some static or some vibration noise coming from the left speaker if facing the machine. Can someone tell me how to troubleshoot it?

2) My ball always gets stuck behind the right troll.. how do I fix it??

Thanks
MM

#2024 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

1. I'd check the wiring and make sure there are no loose connections. Also see if the wires are routed hear others that carry higher voltage. Putting a ferrite core on each end of the speaker wire could be worth a shot. Could be a bad speaker.
2. Is the game level? This would be the easiest fix.

1. I finally opened the back glass of the machine, never did that before, and just tightened the screws around that speaker.. solved. Thank goodness it wasn't more complicated then that

2. I think your right, I have to level the game, maybe its off the right a bit

Thanks
MM

#2026 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

If you've never opened the backbox before, did you also install the backbox wingbolts??? They are a must, help keep the backbox in place to the cabinet as I wouldn't rely on the back latch........

Yeah, I just installed the bolts today. I have been meaning to, but I couldnt find the key to open up the head.. finally found it inside the coin door. Well.. at least I know what to do when I get my next machines! I ordered a Star Wars LE, and have a Simpsons Pinball party on the way! But one last question, is the DMD display adjustable? It looks like the screen needs to go down just a notch
MM

#2037 6 years ago

Does anyone else have occasional vibration noises when the volume is 10+ and can identify where its coming from? Sounds like something is rattling but I have no idea where to look!
Thanks

1 week later
#2041 6 years ago

Probably the biggest thing I love about MMR is the music and that knocker. That thing scares the crap out of me! It feels like its going to break a hole in the machine .. awesome!

2 weeks later
#2095 6 years ago

Guys my DMD display seems to lean out and down. So the top of the image of the display is kind of cut off. Do any of you have that issue and what to do about it?

Thanks

2 months later
#2374 6 years ago

I have played probably 300 plays on my MMR LE, and I have yet to see this "video mode". Well, Ill keep going.

Mo

7 months later
#3412 5 years ago

I just got around to installing my tilt topper MMR topper. Can someone point me out to some directions, I think I misplaced some parts, it just has one long wire, and I do not know where to connect it
Thanks

1 week later
#3431 5 years ago

Hey guys my MMR LE makes a weird vibrating noise when I launch the ball or sometimes during the game. Does anyone know where I should start looking, and have suggestions for a fix? I hope someone else has experienced this too. Sounds like coming from the front of the machine near the launcher, not sure if its the glass itself or not.
Mo

#3433 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I.. I have to ask.
Did you have your shaker turned on?

I dont think its related to shaker.. because this comes and goes. and only happen when launching the ball. I thought I had it fixed by pressing on the coin door.. but nope.

#3436 5 years ago

I think thats whats going on, how do I fix it?

#3438 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anti rattle tape. Pinball Wizard has it and Pinball Pro has a different one. I used the Pinball Wizard one and after initially thinking it did not help I think it does make a definite difference. $25 with shipping.

Ahh.. thanks!

MM

#3446 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Do yourself a favor and buy a roll of this. It is amazing for everything pinball related.
J.V. Converting FELT-06/BLK07525 JVCC FELT-06 Polyester Felt Tape, 1mm Thick, 75' Length x 3/4" Width, black amazon.com link »
Uses:
Along the side and back board of your PF so it doesn't scratch your restored cab or blades.
The inside of your backbox hinges to stop them from scratching your rails.
Apply it to one surface and the edge of your glass for rattle protection.
Apply it to the inside corners of your LDB so it doesn't scratch your rails.
I've also found a million and one uses around the house including for my slide on towing mirrors so the inside doesn't scratch my painted mirrors.
All that and you get a whopping 75 feet for just 12 bucks.

Man great idea I will try this thanks!

2 weeks later
#3460 5 years ago

Last night was able to finally complete all the shots for the Multiball and hit all the knights. Then the last shot you have to go to the left side of the castle for double super jackpot, then as a reward got extra ball lit and it showed on the DMD a room full of gold! Never seen that before!
Awesome! Always something new I have not seen before.

4 months later
#3657 5 years ago

Hey guys I recently beat all the castles . Any futher castles destroyed were called "bonus castle". Does anything else happen?

1 year later
#4411 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:I Highly doubt it + their not limiting the game....they'll keep building these for years as long as people pay...2 years from now it will be the Royal XL version, then the royal blue version, and so on

Yeah Im not falling for this again. Only 200 .. yeah right, thats what they will say now. Already bought all these LEs and CEs, name doesnt mean nothing.

#4413 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC claims that the SE and Royal are just upgraded MMR's, but if that was the case than MMR owners should be able to buy the powder coating options as well. So its really CGC skating around the LE issue

I know this is not a possibility, and probably way out there, but if they wanted to keep LE owners happy, they could have sold the kits and introduced SE or classic editions but not this royal edition. Im still confused does the royal edition have an emblem or a numbered plaque like the LE does? Not that it matters.

#4418 4 years ago

does anyone have a better pic of the mirror blades and the powder coat?

#4422 4 years ago

So what should I do , keep the LE and upgrade, or get the Royal. I mean I grew up playing MM, its my favorite..... Ugh.. Ill just go for the royal I guess

#4504 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I agree with everything except I like my black LE powder coating I've played my MMR quite a bit the last few days and concluded that the lighting is great, the display is perfectly fine, and that I definitely need a topper. Without a topper the game looks a little out of place next to AFMRLE and MBRLE....I just installed the entire Cliffy set (which wasn't too bad), and the game blades from tilt graphics (they look great). After owning the other remakes I've concluded I'm not a big fan of the mirrored games blades as they scratch too easy

I hate mirror blades, they reflect hurt my eyes and do scratch. I kind of prefer graphic blades like that on Black Knight and Jurassic Park, they are cool, the lit side blades on Alien are also awesome.

2 years later
#9124 2 years ago

Man this thing is a pain in the butt to get off

C835D6C8-EFF5-4059-933B-6B33B2EFE389 (resized).jpegC835D6C8-EFF5-4059-933B-6B33B2EFE389 (resized).jpeg
#9126 2 years ago

I’ll probably have to fill in those chips with wood filler

#9128 2 years ago

Wil continously whacking at this damn cabinet speaker with my chisel and hammer going to damage the rest of the game?

#9136 2 years ago

Ok Im getting there!

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man this thing is a pain in the butt to get off
[quoted image]

IMG_5838 (resized).jpegIMG_5838 (resized).jpeg

Ok I think mission accomplished, this whole install kit gets better from here right!?

IMG_5842 (resized).jpegIMG_5842 (resized).jpeg
#9140 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This is very helpful info! Thanks for posting

Screws for mounting 8" subwoofer are not long enough; kit includes 3/4" but I had to use 1

Did the 1 inch go through the cabinet ? Anyone have like an Amazon link for similar screws so I can buy them ?

#9142 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No hardware store near you ?
LTG : )

There is.. Im just too lazy to go .. amazon right to my door hehe. Ill find the right screws thanks

#9144 2 years ago
Quoted from benime:

Not on mine, just don't overtighten.

You guys were totally right the included screws for woofer simply won’t work found some 1” screws laying around the home , not the prettiest looking but it works I think .

DC372F8A-0A2A-4632-BD5D-098BA48FD67A (resized).jpegDC372F8A-0A2A-4632-BD5D-098BA48FD67A (resized).jpeg
#9153 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I hate what I thought. He had external subs so to change it out may not have been worth his time.
I looked online, the sub that comes with the kit is pretty cheap to buy, but since taking the old one out is such a pain I may not try!

the new woofer adds a bunch more bass and shakes the machines at times w/ low frequency. I think it was worth it. Wasnt too bad, just take your time read this thread.

#9170 2 years ago

Guys for that part with the GI upgrade where the wires are too short for the pop bumpers what kind of wire did you use to extend it ? Just some "pinball wire?"
Thanks

#9182 2 years ago

Can u guys give me an idea how much higher u mounted the topper pcb board so the wires from the topper reached fine ? 2
Or 3 inches higher then the template?
Thanks

#9184 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This picture should help you. Looks like half way between the boards and metal screen over the holes in the backbox.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Thank you !

#9193 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

FINALLY! Got Barnyard Multiball going. Kept it going for a little while too.

Hmm never even seen that before, I better play more!

1 month later
#9220 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

My distro hooked me up to first on their list for a new MMR. He said it will have a new name but same topper!!!

Probably a SE like they did cactus canyon?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oneangrymo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.