149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oaken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4263 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

New hobbyists don’t want “used”, HUO, or restored. The scene is much different than when we started collecting. Newbs want NIBs.

I resemble that remark.

#4426 4 years ago

Well I got sucked into the beauty and plunked down a royale deposit.

The bug has bitten me and the games are starting to add up.

Can’t say I wasn’t warned.

2 months later
#4896 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

About 84 inches.
LTG : )

So basically same height as MBrLE.

1 month later
#5295 4 years ago

Non refundable deposit is about the same loss as if I take delivery, play for 2 months and sell so....

#5306 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I bailed on my order for a Royal last week. Believe me, it was painful and not an easy decision. Thankfully I was refunded my deposit by my distributor.
Parting with $10k for a toy right now is completely looney in my opinion. I have that money with my financial advisor, ready to fire into the market to help make up for the recent losses.
If the market continues to tank, I won’t invest it and I’ll be much better off with $10k.
To me, either one of these decisions is a smarter financial move than a $10k toy. Either the virus sees an end and the market comes back, so my $10k becomes $12.5-$15k. Or the market tanks more and my $10k can buy food and essentials.
Best of luck to those still in on one. I’ll be jealous when you all are playing them!

What a difference a few hrs or days make (referring to myself). Since I lose the deposit no matter what, I am putting decision off until they ask for final payment. You are right, it makes zero sense to fork over $10,000 right now.

1 month later
#5676 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Well it damn near broke my heart but I just cancelled my Royal. I just can't justify the purchase right now having been put on part time at work. If anybody missed out give Jason a call at Classic Game Rooms, he said it will be delivered to him this week. He's a really stand up guy and understood my predicament and didn't give me a hard time over the cancellation. Bad news for me but good news for someone who may have missed out on the Royal Edition

Feel for ya man. Similar boat here.

4 weeks later
#6104 3 years ago

Speck of dust during the screen printing?

2 weeks later
#6300 3 years ago

I interpreted it as a sign that maybe just maybe they are wrapping up Royale production.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

hmm, seriously ?
I think with c19 we just got lucky on the timing of a container...
Neil.

Wishful thinking I know.

#6400 3 years ago

Haha. More power to ‘em.

I would gladly sell my unopened, (in transit), one for less than that.

2 weeks later
#6589 3 years ago

Having same time and date issue others have mentioned. At first wasn’t retaining settings so swapped out battery. Haven’t had a credit dot since BUT it can’t keep correct time. Minor annoyance.

Edit: just got another time/date credit dot so I truly am in same boat as others now.

1 week later
#6697 3 years ago

Just had a strange (to me) issue. I was on ball 3 and working thru my progression. All the sudden mid ball the ball save starts flashing, I look up and poof I am in ball 1 and everything is back to zero. My previous game had aborted mid ball and new game started mid ball.

Thoughts? I do have game plugged into a dedicated surge protector. Maybe a power flicker? Strange (to me) that it didn’t shutdown completely.

#6701 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Game on free play or credits on game ? Sounds like the start button got hit or triggered.
LTG : )

Free play. These days I only get to play if I do so while holding a baby in my left arm, so it’s possible she had a foot on the start button.
1)Didn’t know it could reset a game mid ball
2) didn’t know my baby was strong enough to hold down the button that long.

I learned two things today. Time to call it.

1 week later
#6782 3 years ago

Ugh. Not good. Will check mine tonight/tomorrow and report

#6790 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Has anyone had issues with a ball going through Merlin's Magic, and not dropping into the saucer hole, it just keeps popping out the exit. My easy shots go in the hole, but a strong shot pops out the back. Frustrating, especially when it's lit for Extra Ball.

All. The. Time.

I look at it as part of the skill. It isn’t simply about aim but also finesse. My wife says the game is cheating, so I set it at 5 ball for her to compensate.

#6796 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

So I just received my Cliffy protectors and took apart my game to install. Less than 100 plays, HOU of course, and I started finding clear chips all over. Further inspection shows lots of places where the clear is so thin it’s flaking off. I took a photo of just one of many areas. Submitted a ticket to CGC and hoping it’s an isolated issue to just my playfield and not the whole run. Hoping CGC is not falling into “clearcoat gate” that Stern and JJ have gone. Not too happy about a $10k machine with clearcoat issues. I have a MBrLE that I purchased brand new 1.5 yrs ago with ZERO playfield issues. Solid.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Oaken:

Ugh. Not good. Will check mine tonight/tomorrow and report

Mine is not chipping like that as of yet.

#6798 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

happens to me regularly, frustrating!

Funny thing is, you know who can hit that shot consistently? My 5 yr old. It’s comical really. She taps it in on the fly constantly. You ask her what she was aiming for and she says “the castle of course!”

She thinks Merlin is the villain because he keeps giving her trolls and blocking her castle shots.

#6832 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I had this issue as well. Very easy fix. Look at the right ball guide. There is a post in between. Just put a small piece of transparent plastic foil in the gap so that the ball is moved just a tiny bit to the left. The foil needs to stand over just 2 mm. If needed I can make a photo.

Photos are always welcome!

#6838 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

The popper strength is not relevant. The problem is that the ball follows the metal guide and falls on the edge of slingshot triangle and thus is directed straight through the middle.

I have messed with the popper strength as well. Tried all settings and I was able to reduce, but not eliminate the problem. Alternate solutions (like yours) will be next step.

That or a well timed nudge.

2 weeks later
#7042 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

The black post and the metal guide are so close to each other (at least at my MMr), that you just need to press it in the small gap. I cannot remember the gauge. Just try it from plastics in your household, which are a bit stiff, like business card box cover, office supply, cheese cover etc., you see nothing special.

My daughters birthday is coming up, I will try some plastic from the toy boxes and report back. They use so much of the stuff in the packaging these days there is bound to be a piece that works.

3 weeks later
#7168 3 years ago

Curious as well. I tried contacting pinbits, but didn’t get a response.

#7197 3 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I have to set my time and date every few weeks. Credit dot shows up. Any idea what is causing this?

Appears to affect many people (including me).

Sometimes swapping the battery helps.

Sometimes plugging it into a dedicated outlet/power helps (i.e. no other machines on the same circuit breaker).

Neither of these helped me, I just learned to live with it.

2 weeks later
#7395 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Thanks Cayenne for helping me get this pinbits discontinued merlin scoop protector, AWESOME!!!
[quoted image]

Color me jealous.

#7407 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hi guys considering joining this club and had a few questions.
I’m looking at a classic edition, how does the build quality for it compare to the earlier MMr models and AFMr/MBr?
Can you upgrade the classic edition to the RGB lighting? Is this upgrade kit very hard to get still?
Lastly, watching videos it seems like the ball rattles around a bit more around the right side gate when leaving the Merlin saucer (vs an original) - am I wrong in that observation?
Thanks!

Love my mmr royale but it has had more issues than my MBr. Mostly cosmetic, But some play issues too. I would still rate the build quality of my MBr as superior.

1 month later
#7675 3 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Hmmm... so does anyone have the ball getting caught on the trough protector and not dropping in and if so has anyone got a fix? This is on my MMRE and happens most games... grrrrr.[quoted image]

Happens to me maybe every 10-15 games or so. My lame quick fix was to remove the tilt bob and just give it a little nudge now and then.

#7677 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Hmmm, here's a pic from my RE, looks like they're using a different design w/ a cutout. I've never had a hangup. Maybe they can sell you this new part or you can clip yours to roughly match what they're doing now.
[quoted image]

Mine has the cut out and hangs occasionally.

Maybe we should try increasing the pitch?

#7679 3 years ago

At the cutout as I recall.

I guess I will have to put a couple dozen games on it today so that I can get a picture.

#7730 3 years ago

Gut punch for sure. My box was pristine, but my side decal wasn't. Solution: file claim for a new decal and then put it up against the wall. One of these days when I have the gumption I will fix it...until then, wall of shame.

3 weeks later
#7900 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Is it getting caught on the overhanging flap or the trimmed/flush edge?

Quoted from Oaken:

At the cutout as I recall.
I guess I will have to put a couple dozen games on it today so that I can get a picture.

Realized I forgot to post a pic, so here is one I quick snapped from my kids game this afternoon.

CB17862F-F117-414C-8C6B-8BCB55FB94B1 (resized).jpegCB17862F-F117-414C-8C6B-8BCB55FB94B1 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#7979 3 years ago

My MBr is very dimpled

Basically no dimples on my MMr royale

BUT my mmr did almost immediately start chipping at Merlin and the castle moat similar to what others have reported.

Personally I would rather have the dimples.

6 months later
#8576 2 years ago
Quoted from rhampo:

So is there any final adjustment to keep balls from bouncing out of Merlin hole? I have the same problem. 3/4 of the shots bounce out which is very frustrating when you are trying to claim the extra ball.
Thanks!!
Richard

A little foam did me wonders.

Fast shots still usually bounce out, but normal and slower shots almost always are successful.

#8579 2 years ago

I used simple leftover sticky back foam from winterizing my house the year before.

11 months later
#9300 1 year ago

my 2 yr old loves turning on my machine (it's a switch she can reach) and then she realizes what she just did and starts running around in circles with her hands over her ears screaming.

...and then after the BONG! she asks me to get the step stool so she can start a 4 player game and play 1 ball each.

#9311 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Exactly what my son did last year when he was 2. He started 4 player games and would get down mid-game and move to another pin and do the same. I try to get him to finish his game now. He likes GB, FT, and the Elviras.

Anything to keep them interested and playing.

1 month later
#9392 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the load beep when the game starts up for CGC when you first turn it on. It really scares my son…I disabled the knocker noise on replays, but don’t see anything on the start up noise. I am guessing there isn’t a way.

Nope but it makes a very effective wake up alarm in my household.

1 year later
#9929 70 days ago

$20,000?!?!? Man at those prices my “it’s bolted to the floor”declaration may need a serious rethink.

1 month later
#10078 29 days ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

This may have been brought up before but any info would be great! Everything but my Grand Champion score and Kings of the Realm have been reset to factory. Rest of high scores, Castle, joust, catapult, peasant, damsel, troll and madness champions are reset! Any idea why those 2 things are still saved and the rest reset? Can the rest be recovered?

Did you check settings in A.4 09 HIGH SCORE RESET EVERY?

Is it disabled/off?

Also check the other high score settings in the A.4 section to make sure they are how you want them.

Hopefully it is as simple as that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 85.00
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 29.95
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oaken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=oaken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.