Topic Stats

• 4,915 posts
  • 468 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Puckstop
  • Topic is favorited by 265 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 600 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200123_141829 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190819_175757 (resized).jpg
IMG_4641 (resized).JPG
Monster-Bash-Translite (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-Translite-1 (resized).jpg
Attack-From-Mars-square (resized).jpg
AFM  (resized).jpg
Attack-From-Mars-table-6 (resized).jpg
238385DE-4D61-45E6-A1FC-6E69B4EE2406 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4298 (resized).JPG
0EBB2CDF-C0CC-4115-BEAB-5A60471E54D0 (resized).jpeg
52F32CC1-5E75-40B1-8E89-D1E086DC6339 (resized).jpeg
5A3FDCCD-7068-4E71-9208-6E60B939A13A (resized).jpeg
20191218_213207.jpg
20191218_173406 (resized).jpg
20191218_165621 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nosro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I didn't want to remove the the new manual from the pin just yet.

Download the manual ( http://www.chicago-gaming.com/Brochures/MMR_Manual_Rev_1_2.pdf ) if you want to keep the machine in MSSTC condition ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/msstc-its-the-new-huo ).

See page "1-10" for the MMr menu.

1 month later
#244 4 years ago

I can't say I've tried this because I'm also waiting for my MMr , but I doubt you need non-ghosting LED's. You need non-ghosting LED's for machines that were originally designed for incandescent bulbs. That's obviously not the case here.

In fact, sometimes the use of non-ghosting LED's can be a problem for machines that were designed with LED's in mind. When I insert non-ghosting LED's in my Transformers LE (built with LED's at the factory), the LED ends up illuminating at times when it shouldn't or being too dim at other times.

8 months later
#812 3 years ago

Speaking of protectors, anyone having trouble getting a response from Mantis this past week?

Added over 3 years ago: Never mind. Must have been overzealous Spam filters. Got Mantis on the way.

#814 3 years ago

I've received my MMr and all seems well.

I have observed a somewhat repeatable problem where balls returning from the left ramp hit the end of the wireform and the impact causes the ball to jump the wireform and into the outlane rather than dropping into the inlane. Is there an adjustment I should try?

#816 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosen the bolt holding it down and move it slightly towards the inlane.
LTG : )

The ball is jumping out of the wireform straight into the outlane. It is not dropping into the inlane and then to the outlane. Is this still the right approach?

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Anyone know where this goes? It came flying down the playfield while playing? Looked like it came from the trolls as they were up when this happened. I dont see anywhere it would go.

I took a look and am totally stumped. Any chance you can narrow it down at all? For example, did it dribble in from the left?

#821 3 years ago

I put up a flipper setting poll for those interested in a discussion: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-what-is-your-flipper-setting

#825 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

From the middle of the playfield if that helps!

I'm stumped. If you haven't already, you could look at the drawings of the assemblies in the manual. There's certainly nothing in the troll assembly that looks like that part according to the manual. If you can narrow it down at all, I'm sure one of us could take a picture.

2 weeks later
#841 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It should not hit the slingshot.

Agreed. For example, there are plenty of gameplay videos on Youtube of both the original and the remake. I have not seen one where it hits the slingshot.

1 month later
#919 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I posted a while back suspecting line voltage as the suspected cause and have not heard anyone having a problem until now. Has anyone had a Date Time Stamp error with their machine plugged into a dedicated circuit?

Anyone try plugging into a voltage regulator like one of the below?
OPTI-UPS SS1200
index2 (resized).jpg

APC LE1200
index (resized).jpg

1 week later
#921 3 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Sorry im sure its been covered many times but what features are left off the MMr standard that were on the LE's?
thanks

Gold/black armor, shaker motor, discounted colorization.

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You're exactly right. Enjoy your game!
Marc

vid1900 provides some more detail and photos if you care to read more about how your observations are normal: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

#957 3 years ago

The king's castle is a discotheque!

2 months later
#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

It looks like I'll be joining the club sometime next week! I know that a lot of folks have been underwhelmed by the quality of the stock speakers and the sound in general...some folks say it sounds kinda hollow. I was curious what speaker/sub upgrades people have had luck with? Flipper Fidelity vs. Pinball Pro vs. Other?
Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-update-the-speakers-on-their-mmr

2 weeks later
#1103 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hahaha, yup!
Man, I just want this thing to work. I love the game!
Any suggestions on the best way to approach this? See if I can get the part replacement from CGC, and get a local tech to put it in?

Pinball machines are different from typical consumer products. Buyers are assumed to be operators, knowledgeable in pinball repair or at least handy and willing to learn. All pinball machines will need repair eventually, so I suggest diving in.

#1114 2 years ago

That gap with the right coil is concerning. Something is missing or assembled incorrectly. I think you need to take the right flipper mechanism apart and put it back together.

Is a coil sleeve missing?

Use this as a guide to taking it apart and to understand the anatomy of a flipper: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

As previously noted, pinball machine owners need to understand some basics of repair. Flipper mechs are a basic item and a good place to start understanding your machine. You'll enjoy it more! If you start a separate thread you are more likely to get help - it is a standard Williams design used in many other machines, so plenty of people have relevant experience.

#1121 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Any advice on installing the Cliffy ball eject protector

Remove the two screws that hold the apron to the playfield hanger bracket (which hooks onto the lockdown bar). The apron should practically fall forward on its own, so catch it. I think you'll be able to see how the ball-eject protector fits.

#1122 2 years ago

Cliffy catapault protector?

I'm not sure there's any great advice other than to start taking stuff apart in the area. Start with the plastic (of the knight with the arrow through his head). Take lots of pictures along the way.

1 week later
#1148 2 years ago

On my machine (stainless), all edges of the side rails and the lockdown bar were sharp. I used a Dremel and a sanding attachment to smooth all the edges that could be touched. I used a thin piece of plastic I had lying around to help protect the sanding bit from the decals when sanding the side rails.

Obviously you could use a sanding block, but I find the Dremel is perfect for this job and allows you to focus on being precise.

#1155 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

One other question for MMr owners... Is it just me, or are the side drains on this game just relentless? Seem to get a bad bounce and the ball is gone!

You can adjust the post to narrow the outlane if it feels like a drain monster. Every machine seems to be different. For reasons unclear to me, one MM will seem OK, but another MM will seem like a drain-monster.

Quoted from Damien:

I've only had the game a few weeks, and my highest score is 75 million. Based on the leader boards, I'm doing pretty horribly. What score do you guys usually put up on average?

I've had MMr for more than 6 months and I still average 10 million. In other words, have fun - who cares what others are scoring? If you're not having fun because it's unusually hungry on the side drains, narrow the outlane until you enjoy it.

2 weeks later
#1256 2 years ago

Mine is set to 6.2 degrees and the bubble looks like this. The ball does not hit the slingshots on either side from any speed.

Do the ball guides need to be adjusted slightly?

IMG_20170305_200258 (resized).jpg

#1319 2 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Anyone got an answer on my earlier FT question? (Fish Tales, previous post)

That's a strange and difficult question to answer and might be better served in a separate thread where you can get Fish Tale owners to chime in. The games are very different.

#1335 2 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Good to mention it. I've been chewing on the ambiguous nature of my question almost since I posted. Even before you asked, I further postulated it into more specifically, two parts.
1. How hard is MM or MMR to finish the game overall, as in all the modes / complete the game compared to Fish Tales?
2. How hard are they as in how comparable are the average ball times or total average game times? Is the average game time or ball time of MM longer, similar or even shorter than Fish Tales?
Any more specifics on your decisions above always appreciated.

1. Medieval Madness is more difficult, with more objectives to finish, leading up to the wizard mode. Fish Tales is more about getting a high score, mostly by hitting the 100,000,000 jackpot as often as possible before draining, although this is much easier in theory than in practice. Most people will hit the Fish Tales 100,000,000 jackpot at least once before reaching the final wizard in Medieval Madness.
2. Medieval Madness has generally longer ball times. Fish Tales has shorter ball times but has a bit more of an adrenaline rush to it.

These are both fun games and well regarded.

#1358 2 years ago

My sound board is screwed on my Judge Dredd. My option in a $350 pinsound board to replace it, and that's for the sound only. Too bad it didn't have a beaglebone black like in MMr, it would have been a quick easy and cheap swap and I'm done.

Unless the board is truly messed up, it's usually repairable:
http://webpages.charter.net/coinopcauldron/brepairs.html
http://www.lockwhenlit.com/

#1361 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Let the mayhem begin!! Top 100 is updated and guess who's on top by a wide margin.

Some games really ought to be grouped together to avoid this. For example, there's no reason why Addams Family / Addams Family Gold or Iron Man / Iron Man Vault should be ranked separately . Maybe the community should vote in these cases to judge if two machines are different enough to warrant separate rankings.

3 weeks later
#1505 2 years ago

damien I think you'll get more help in a dedicated thread. Most of your questions are not specific to Twilight Zone or Medieval Madness, but to pinball in general. vid1900 threads are a great place to learn more about pinball in general.

#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Good eye
I'm chasing down BFTK, but dammit, I just can't get it.
Tonight I knocked out almost 5 castles, and then failed at Royal Madness.
Such tough game!

If you intend to reach the wizard within a couple of months of ownership, you are either a really good player, or have your machine set up really easy.

If you have "easy" installed, I suggest you return to "medium".

2 weeks later
#1602 2 years ago

Read the description carefully. The first one is a clear plastic set (which you already have). The second one is a protector of your existing plastics.

#1608 2 years ago

You could probably start a thread asking for feedback on this, but I have broken many plastics on original (old) Williams machines. I have never broken a plastic on a modern Stern. I do not install plastic protectors on modern machines, including my MMr.

#1617 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

By the way, someone who can get to BFTK, should really consider posting a full length video showing there full game to give some of us noobs a tutorial!

http://bfy.tw/BQx6

#1623 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I was trying to find a video of a full game. You want to help me Google that too?

https://goo.gl/bmBflA

#1676 2 years ago

I heard the callout "fatality" the other day. Not sure what you need to do to get it but it was the original sound from Mortal Kombat.

http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm#4032

#1683 2 years ago

Also, exploded Sir Psycho castle with a lock ball shot immediately after a direct gate castle gate shot. (No multiball at the time). Not sure if it works with all kingsmen, but I was curious which one when I saw it.

This is a shortcoming of the Medieval Madness design. (That is, this is not a problem specific to remake.) This is also not specific to any one king.

1 month later
#1891 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Bought these instead, fit perfect on my MMr...
ebay.com link

Thanks. I spent much more on a set from another vendor that didn't fit at all. I'm going to try these.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nosro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside