Topic Stats

• 4,917 posts
  • 468 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by bicyclenut
  • Topic is favorited by 266 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 600 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200123_141829 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190819_175757 (resized).jpg
IMG_4641 (resized).JPG
Monster-Bash-Translite (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-Translite-1 (resized).jpg
Attack-From-Mars-square (resized).jpg
AFM  (resized).jpg
Attack-From-Mars-table-6 (resized).jpg
238385DE-4D61-45E6-A1FC-6E69B4EE2406 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4298 (resized).JPG
0EBB2CDF-C0CC-4115-BEAB-5A60471E54D0 (resized).jpeg
52F32CC1-5E75-40B1-8E89-D1E086DC6339 (resized).jpeg
5A3FDCCD-7068-4E71-9208-6E60B939A13A (resized).jpeg
20191218_213207.jpg
20191218_173406 (resized).jpg
20191218_165621 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4136 3 months ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

My distro has 9/28/17 As a build date. Picking up tomorrow

Wow. Hard to believe a distributor had to sit on it ‘cause they couldn’t sell it for 2 years, especially since so many people are on waiting lists for the current batch being made... weird..

#4141 3 months ago

My distro has 9/28/17 As a build date. Picking up tomorrow

Pics or it’s not true!!!

Mike

#4148 3 months ago

Just got in the driveway. MM-1620. They had more than the one I just bought. Call Kayla at Automated Services.[quoted image]

Congrats!!! Can't wait to get mine... I'm on the waiting list for the 2019 batch.

1 week later
#4249 3 months ago

I was on the waiting list for the next run of the classic. Just changed my order to Royal Edition. Apparently my distributor received an email this morning saying they are shipping next week.. Seems fast but time will tell...

#4254 3 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Apparently my distributor received an email this morning saying they are shipping next week.. Seems fast but time will tell...

Just got a call from my distro.. He just got off the phone with CGC and there was some confusion in the communications. The Royal Editions won't get built until Q1 2020, and only AFTER the CEs and SEs. CEs are late going on the production line but should be starting by Dec apparently. Once again on the forever waiting list

Mike

1 week later
#4531 89 days ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Anyone hear an update when the new batch of games are expected to ship?

My distro told me yesterday that earlier in the week CGC told them they may ship earlier than anticipated. No specifics. I just laughed.. I have all the respect in the world for CGCs product but they are shit when it comes to respecting a schedule.. Time will tell if I was mistaken.

Cheers,

#4537 89 days ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Well I hope not before Christmas. I promised the GF a trip down south at that time so would have to tell her i have to cancel to stay home and wait for my MMr to arrive

LOL I’m in the same situation. The MMR can sit at the distributor for the week I am gone if this happens!!

2 weeks later
#4631 71 days ago
Quoted from hoov:

Is the latest run of MMR special edition already reserved or spoken for? Just started looking for one for a friend of mine.

Your friend should be able to put a deposit and reserve one with his local distributor..

#4647 69 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't believe that for a second....clearly its their most profitable game so if theres demand they'll build

The company has publicly stated they will only make the RE this one time... but whether they make something else or not, who cares???? What’s your point anyway?

Either you’re interested in buying it or you’re not! What difference does it make if they make more later??

This isn’t an “investment”. It’s an amusement device. Definitely a luxury item for home users. Buy it, play it, enjoy it!

If future value is your main concern then you’re in the wrong hobby... Go play the stock market!!

My 0.02$

#4652 69 days ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Maybe they'll make a Troll Edition...just to mess with people.

Lol yes! With green trim and a moving troll topper!

#4655 69 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Have they said that publicly? and I care about future value about as much as I care about your $.02....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/87#post-5273926

All good man. If we all thought alike then what would be the point of this forum?

I guess you're a MMRLE owner so I can certainly understand your frustration with the whole situation. I think the problem with MMRLE is that CGC didn't have a grasp on the market situation when they first made it as it was their first pinball. It sold well, they made more (standard), then they went on to other remakes and adopted the 3-tiered approach like the rest of the manufacturers (std, SE, LE). They goofed on their first production by calling it an LE. They should of called it "first edition" or "founder's edition" or something similar.

I don't mean to insult you and your ownership of an LE but if you take step back, 1000 units isn't really all that limited. They made the same amount of classic editions... There wasn't anything really different other than the shaker and a numbered sticker on the apron. It was the same price as the classic edition too. If anything you got a better deal because you got a free shaker and a rebated color upgrade. You didn't have to pay an extra premium to get the LE like the other pins out there.

I know they said they wouldn't make more LEs and now they are making REs and they are more limited than the LE and have more bling. That part sucks. Once again I just think they didn't know what they had on their hands when they originally made the LE and now they are just trying to make everything the same so all their remakes "look" the same.

In they end they did good by offering the upgrades to make your LE the same as the RE for the same price as buying the RE outright. And actually with the free shaker and rebated color upgrade you got, your "RE" will cost less than what the suckers like me are about to pay for the RE....

Have a nice Thursday!

Mike

#4662 68 days ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Has CGC said if the RE will have any kind of a "limited" placard with a number on it? I'm assuming no, but I'm curious.

They haven't said anything. Does it really matter though? Would it make the difference between buying it or not?

#4664 68 days ago
Quoted from Budman:

Is there a nice CGC video highlighting the Royal Edition? I’m interested in it but need to see it in person or a high definition close up video tour before spending that kind of money.

This Week In Pinball has a link to the reveal video. Haven't watched it so can't tell you if it's HD or close-up, although close-up wouldn't matter.. The game is the same. The GI is different (RGB) and close-up wouldn't really show that well.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-november-11th-2019/

Cheers,

#4667 68 days ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Made no difference to me. I was going to buy the regular MMr but when they came out with the MMRE it was like ok then whats another 2K for something that will give you enjoyment for years to come. Looks like I am in the suckers club with you and we have to still pay a bigger premium due to the Canuck peso- ugh

Yeah same.. Was on the waiting list before.

Oh and don't forget the f#$% 15% tax we're gonna fork out on top of that. So about $15k CAD for us Canuck suckahs

But I don't care. It's a game I love. Only played the real thing maybe half a dozen times. Been playing for years on Pinball Arcade... Love the humour and the simplicity of the game for non pinheads, yet difficult enough for good players to seldom reach King of the Realm.

Can't wait!

2 weeks later
#4716 50 days ago

Q1 2020 is a somewhat safe bet. The MM line was supposed to start in December, with the 150 CE/SE being built first, then the 350 RE. I believe the CE/SE will ship in Jan.

#4723 48 days ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

My dist said mid-late December. LOL.

riiiiiight lol

#4726 47 days ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm hoping there is some sort of little apron plaque. Doesn't need to be numbered or anything.

Yeah that would be nice. Stern has plaques on all their models whether it's Pro, Premium, or LE. I don't like where they put them but on the apron for CGC would be perfect.

#4742 44 days ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

There is an ad on pinside from a distributor (pinballandgames) saying they have standard remakes in stock. Hmm.

Yeah from the previous run. Some distros probably held on the NIB games hoping for some increase in value. Until CGC decided to make another run lol.

1 month later
#4871 7 days ago
Quoted from PinballPam:

Just had email from my distributor. Have a MMR SE on order. He said he got word they may be shipping in a few days.

Awesome news!

#4885 6 days ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

OFF?? I hardly ever feel my shaker come on- only time is when the mummies coffin opens it seems like.

Didn't realize there were mummies in Medieval Madness....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wood Dale, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside