IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbgibbs13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5289 4 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Anyone else have an MMrRE on order that is a little uneasy on parting with $10k right now? My distributor is great, keeping me up to date, and has told me to get the remaining money due in very shortly because CGC is only waiting for one final part for the topper. $10k is a tough pill to swallow with all this excessive hysteria going on. What are the rest of you doing? Thanks. I still want the game, but questioning parting with that much cash at this moment

Yes, I'm in the exact same boat and I'm likely going to cancel. I wish I had it in my basement right now, but since I don't, I'm likely going to hold off for a bit. If CGC had made a different decision just a couple weeks ago to ship without the topper, they'd be in completely different situation. At this point I think they're in big trouble unloading those Royals.

1 month later
#5725 3 years ago

Got the call a couple hours ago that I've been waiting on for months. My Royal will be delivered Sunday morning - thanks to Phil at Arcades at Home!

#5767 3 years ago

#2 in the house! Build date of 4/30 and delivered yesterday morning. First NIB and I've been looking forward to this for a long time and it certainly meets expectations!!

Will need to make a few minor tweaks but I assume that's all normal. I've only been able to play about 10 games so far and I've had several balls get stuck in or fall out of the catapult. Assume that's a minor and normal tweak I'll just have to tinker with. Overall it's a beautiful game and it's a bit surreal that it's sitting in my basement right now!

IMG_0532.JPGIMG_0532.JPGIMG_0549.JPGIMG_0549.JPGIMG_0542.JPGIMG_0542.JPGIMG_0562.JPGIMG_0562.JPGIMG_0573.JPGIMG_0573.JPGIMG_0582.JPGIMG_0582.JPGIMG_0581.JPGIMG_0581.JPGIMG_0584.JPGIMG_0584.JPGIMG_0585.JPGIMG_0585.JPGIMG_0586.JPGIMG_0586.JPGIMG_0590.JPGIMG_0590.JPG
#5775 3 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Hey, I got 4103! It's like we're brothers!

Nice! And I think whitey has #1...so at the very least 1,2,3 are all pinsiders.

#5777 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I don’t see any transistors - which board is that? Any chance you can take a picture of the entire backbox?

Here you go...sorry if it's a bit blurry, can take a better one tomorrow if needed.

IMG_0593.JPGIMG_0593.JPG
#5778 3 years ago

Very odd question...anyone ever have issues with the suzo happ locks not working? I felt like an idiot last night trying to get the the backglass off to wire up the topper and to install the head wing bolts. The key and lock numbers match, but I spent 30 minutes trying a few tricks to get the keys working and just couldn't open up the lock. I tried a bit of oil and some light sandpaper on the keys. I even looked around the coin door to see if a 3rd set of keys was hiding somewhere.
Did I miss them??

Luckily I have the proper security screw tips so I just took the lock out after 30 minutes of trying...even with the lock out I can't get it to turn. In the handful of pins and arcade machines I've had this has never been a problem. Any ideas if this is a prevalent issue?

IMG_0594.JPGIMG_0594.JPG
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5784 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Are you using the right key ? There are two keys for the coin door. But a single key for the backbox hanging on the side of a coin mech on the coin door inside the machine.
LTG : )

Yep, definitely using the right keys. There was actually a pair of them hanging on the coin mech inside the coin door. Both numbered 955 - the same as the lock on the head. Certainly no big deal as I’ll grab a new lock with my next Pinball Life order. Just never seen that so it was very odd.

#5785 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you. Helps me for tech support. Much appreciated !
LTG : )

Of course Lloyd - anything else you need just let me know and I’m more than happy to help. Wouldn’t touch a fraction of a fraction of the thousands around here you’ve helped

#5897 3 years ago

Quick and possibly dumb question...this is my first NIB and only my 3rd pin ever. The rollover switch slots are very rough - all of them look like they've been "cut" or even "crushed" with a blade and it doesn't look clean. I've attached a couple of pics that don't really do it justice. My other two pins aren't like this - maybe that's just from wear over time.

So the question is - are the rollover switch slots supposed to look like this on a brand new playfield?

IMG_0620.JPGIMG_0620.JPGIMG_0625.JPGIMG_0625.JPG
#5901 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback...what's odd is that all of the rollover slots are similar to this. Here are a couple of other pics. This is a Royal...mfg date of 4/30 and delivered a week ago. Here are a couple other pics. Can someone post what they should look like on a Royal?

IMG_0622.JPGIMG_0622.JPGIMG_0623.JPGIMG_0623.JPG
#5904 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

No doubt they look rough but not a major issue to resolve. Having purchased 2 other CGC games, my mbr had no issues and my afmr had some very minor issues including what your showing in the pictures. I really don't know what your other options are. Pretty sure CGC isn't going to replace the playfield for that. What type of recourse are you looking for?

Not looking for any recourse - just looking to understand what I should expect as "normal" from a factory fresh playfield in 2020...as I stated, this is my first NIB.

Quoted from CubeSnake:

A Dremel will clean that up in no time. From what I can see, this is a result of the blade at the end of it's serviceable life.

Thanks for the feedback CubeSnake and others!

#5908 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

That small impression is on all of my games, CGC and Stern, it’s designed to give the ball a center track so it always hits the switch dead center. I don’t have any games older than 1995, but all have this same feature.
The wood at the underside of the playfield is easy to clean up but arguably shouldn’t be there.

Awesome intel, thanks sir! I never noticed the small impression on my '04 POTC before I sold it and my TOM does not have any indentations/impressions on the top/bottom of the slots. Great to know that's part of the design even if it looks a bit rough. Thanks for clearing that up for me. As others have suggested, I'll take some sandpaper/small file and trim it up.

#6003 3 years ago

Ahhh, so close to Battle for the Kingdom tonight! Needed one or two more gate hits and I would have been there. Great game nonetheless - more than doubled my previous high score...looking forward to tackling again tomorrow!

IMG_0658.JPGIMG_0658.JPGIMG_0660.JPGIMG_0660.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbgibbs13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=mbgibbs13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.