c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mamefan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2501 6 years ago

I have a shaker motor and like it with the castle and catapult but feel like it's way too much for the trolls popping up. Any way to adjust that specifically?

#2506 6 years ago

I just got a Chicago Gaming brand new MMR. Will upgraded speakers make a big difference?

#2528 6 years ago

I've had a new MMR since Wednesday, and the ball has gotten stuck on this ramp gate twice. I had to slide the glass down to get the ball out. Is this common? I just bent the gate a little on the end trying to fix it. It might work.

20171021_190356 (resized).jpg20171021_190356 (resized).jpg

#2562 6 years ago

Sometimes, I'll get a ball all the way inside the castle gate or in the lock wall, and it won't trigger anything and will get ejected like nothing happened. Any ideas?

#2582 6 years ago

I just installed pinballpro speakers (with standard sub) in my MMR but don't notice a difference. I bought them so the voices would be more clear, but I don't think they are. I used the crimping clips that came with it instead of solder. Would that matter? The original speakers were soldered to the wires.

#2584 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No, as long as you have sound coming out of them, the connections are good.

What I am noticing now is more of a buzz sound when it's idle, and there's an annoying rattling sound coming from the left metal edge and glass during play. Do I stuff something in that channel to muffle it or just put the original sub back? The problem with that is I had to crowbar out the old sub and its mdf platform, which were glued to the bottom of the cabinet, and the platform is damaged now.

#2585 6 years ago
Quoted from mamefan:

What I am noticing now is more of a buzz sound when it's idle, and there's an annoying rattling sound coming from the left metal edge and glass during play. Do I stuff something in that channel to muffle it or just put the original sub back? The problem with that is I had to crowbar out the old sub and its mdf platform, which were glued to the bottom of the cabinet, and the platform is damaged now.

Ha, pinballpro sells anti-rattle tape for $20. The speakers are just a trick to sell more tape! jk

#2600 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Micro switch under the moat. Follow wires and reseat connector a couple times. Be sure it is on tight. May need adjusting.
LTG : )

Thanks. Do you mean this thing? Not sure what to do. I'm new to this.

20171027_184616 (resized).jpg20171027_184616 (resized).jpg

#2613 6 years ago
Quoted from mamefan:

I just installed pinballpro speakers (with standard sub) in my MMR but don't notice a difference. I bought them so the voices would be more clear, but I don't think they are. I used the crimping clips that came with it instead of solder. Would that matter? The original speakers were soldered to the wires.

To clarify, the bass is definitely stronger, but I don't notice clearer or louder voices. That's what I want. I wish I could turn those up independent of the music.

2 weeks later
#2672 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

wait, what mod is this? I went crazy with my speakers and sub, i do have some rattling...

This: http://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

Worked for me, but I had to do it twice. There should be other sellers out there.

#2678 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’ve asked before, butnis this just painters masking tape? Or has anyone tried that?

It's clear. Not masking tape. The blue is the backing that you peel off.

#2679 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

What actually is it a type... of mylar ?

Some kind of clear thick tape.

#2696 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

You do know there is 3 different shaker settings in the menu right?
And why wouldn't you want it to go when the castle explodes?

The trolls on light are still too strong for me, but I like the catapult and castle on default.

1 week later
#2747 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I tried the AR-1 anti-rattle tape from PP, seems to make zero difference before and after. Cannot recommend it, it costs a lot, when my trolls come up, glass rattles as much as before.

I had to do it twice. Then it worked.

#2753 6 years ago

Meaning two layers of tape?

Yeah

#2802 6 years ago

I had an issue where balls would go inside the castle and sometimes not blow it up. I bent the moat enter switch wire enough that it fixed it, but then, ball locks would get triggered just from a ball dropping from the playfield into the moat. CGC sent me a new switch and wire, and everything works fine now.

#2815 6 years ago

How long have you had the game to get parts from CGC? Meaning is it still under warranty? I am seeing some of this on my game...

I only had it like a month or two.

2 weeks later
#2869 6 years ago

Is it normal for the open drawbridge to sometimes briefly raise when the ball rolls over it? When it happens, gate hits don't register. It happens less than 10% of the time.

#2894 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

As far as I know, it should not. LTG replied to me about something similar within the last month or so, so you should be able to skip back a page or two and find it.

I saw your post about the drawbridge not sitting flush. I think mine sits flush. It only raises a quarter of an inch as the ball goes over it and falls back down. No gate hit registered.

1 week later
#2942 6 years ago

My shaker motor became loose tonight and started making a terrible noise. Luckily, the four bottom screws were just loose. Should I use loctite and/or lock washers? They had neither. I don't know if they should have already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 9.95
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mamefan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=mamefan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.